Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Food stamps are what, 3% of the budget? Who cares?

What's 3% of a couple trillion? Hell that's only like a hundred billion dollars, you could probably pay that yourself, no biggy.

Yes you are right, to a certain degree it does matter. But it is not the reason we are 14 trillion dollars in the red. There are bigger fish to fry.

Do tell

The evil rich ....duh

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 3:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]
For Americans that have PAID into the system I see nothing wrong with them getting some of THEIR money back in times of need. But, the generations of non-contributers and the illegals have no morale entitlement in my book.

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 3:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Im glad i work my ass off to buy my own groceries with my own money. IF i ever had to do that type of shit i would be too ashamed to go during the day. I would have to go at 4am to the local 24 hr walmart so people dont see me.

Fuck That.

I discovered a couple of months ago that the local Wal-Mart has extra staff on hand from Midnight onward the night the EBT cards get reloaded.  I stopped off late to grab an item and the store was packed with welfare recipients.  They had more cashiers working than any other time except perhaps Christmas.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 3:58:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You can't be serious.

So you mean to tell me that you don't care that the illegal immigrant/social parasite down the street who doesn't have a job is driving a better car than yours, wears nicer clothing than you, drinks better liquor than you, has better healthcare than you? Do you pay taxes? They don't! You mean to tell me that watching 30% of your paycheck get handed out to some lowlife scumbag to piss away on feeding his pitbull better food than your kids eat doesn't enrage you?

Maybe I am an A$$ hole, but I am sick and damned tired of payin for these freeloadin turds. I you really don't care and turn a blind eye to the entire issue, that makes you just as bad as they are as far as I am concerned.

Ignorance is bliss.

Edit: I also agree there are bigger fish to fry, basically all the politicians and beauracrats.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 3:59:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Before the kids were all moved out me and my SO usually shopped like that, 2 full carts about 1 time per month with a total bill averaging around $400, except we paid cash. I could almost see all the checkout people cringe when they saw us coming.  We'd only go grocery shopping for our main stuff about once/month. Not knowing exactly what they bought I assume they were probably stocking up on a lot of bulk items like we did and hopefully not just squandering the money away on red-bull and steak or shrimp.  If that's the case, I at least give them some credit for shopping wisely.

That said, I have no problem with people receiving food stamps in a time of need so long as it is limited to buying only certain nutritional food. Now giving folks money for nice housing, cell phones, car repairs, subsidies to rich farmers, tax credits to large corps,  lifetime disability benefits to able bodied individuals, etc, etc,,, that shit bugs the hell out of me,
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 4:15:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Not only can you  buy soft drinks, candy, cookies, snack crackers, and ice cream with your EBT (or SNAP) card, you can buy energy drinks.

Where's the nutritional value in that??

Even more baffling...you can't buy vitamins to supplement the shitty diet you have from eating that crap!

If the gov't were serious about the drive to eat heathier, they'd eliminate all that shit from the eligibility list.

Never gonna happen, though...
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 4:24:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have been known to loudly ask, "Is there a line for people that have money?"

EDIT:  I will likely die cold and alone.

Then you'll die in the same manner as the USA. Cold and alone, sucked dry by leeches.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't be serious.

So you mean to tell me that you don't care that the illegal immigrant/social parasite down the street who doesn't have a job is driving a better car than yours, wears nicer clothing than you, drinks better liquor than you, has better healthcare than you? Do you pay taxes? They don't! You mean to tell me that watching 30% of your paycheck get handed out to some lowlife scumbag to piss away on feeding his pitbull better food than your kids eat doesn't enrage you?

Maybe I am an A$$ hole, but I am sick and damned tired of payin for these freeloadin turds. I you really don't care and turn a blind eye to the entire issue, that makes you just as bad as they are as far as I am concerned.

Ignorance is bliss.

It‘s not just the 3%!    They don‘t just get help with food.  They work the system.  They get help with their gas and electric bill.  Do you?   They get help with paying for their rent.  Do you?  They don’t have insurance usually on their Escalade.  That’s why my insurance and yours cost so much.  It is a whole life style.  You and me also support their kids who will learn the system.  I will end there.   No USMCBuckwild your not an A$$HOLE, you just care about this country and feel the way all of us do who care about it and work to make it better.  Some people just don’t get it.  

Edit: I also agree there are bigger fish to fry, basically all the politicians and beauracrats.

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Son, everyone dies cold and alone.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:29:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not only can you  buy soft drinks, candy, cookies, snack crackers, and ice cream with your EBT (or SNAP) card, you can buy energy drinks.

Where's the nutritional value in that??

Even more baffling...you can't buy vitamins to supplement the shitty diet you have from eating that crap!

If the gov't were serious about the drive to eat heathier, they'd eliminate all that shit from the eligibility list.

Never gonna happen, though...

I wonder if the companies that make those items lobbied the fedgov to have them added to the program
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a family member that works at the Welfare office (DFS).  A family of 4 gets about $1000 dollars a month on their EBT card.  

My wife and I in 20+ years of marriage and raising a couple of kids NEVER spent half that to fully feed our kids 3 squares a day.  

Its shocking, I really don't know why anyone would want to work,  if you figure in just  the EBT, the free healthcare, it has to amount to a couple grand a month by itself.  PLUS many of these folks are on SSI disability to top things off, getting free housing, and milking the local pantries and churchs for all they are worth.  It is sickining really,   Tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse are rampant as well as plenty of funding for the tats and piercings....Its a raquet and will likely cause the few folks  that really need the help to suffer mightly when the money runs out or the working folks will not OR no Longer can pay.  

It will end badly.  

You need to come down to Florida and see my grocery bill, at least 250 for one week, go to BJ's and spend 160 conservatively on detergent,six to eight cases of water,four gallons of milk, cereal, eggs, cold cuts, bread and the list goes on. Maybe a couple of years ago but today it's ridiculous how much groceries cost.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:35:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No, you won't be alone.  You will die in a concentration camp with the rest of us unrepentant capitalists, freedom lovers, and individualists.  But you're probably right about the cold part.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:54:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im glad i work my ass off to buy my own groceries with my own money. IF i ever had to do that type of shit i would be too ashamed to go during the day. I would have to go at 4am to the local 24 hr walmart so people dont see me.

Fuck That.

this... I've raised my daughter by my self since she was 6 months old. A little while back i was talking to a friend about formula and how much it costs. When i told her i paid for all her formula she asked why i didn't sign up forfood stamps or wic, i told her it was because my pride wouldn't let me. She is MY kid. She is MY responsibility. I'll starve my ass off so she can eat before i'll take government assistance.

My wife and I  signed up for wic.It was our first child and it turned out to be Triplets!! 7.5 months was not long enough to budget for that hit.Friends and family helped with diapers but the formula was a little north of $35 a day(1large can and 1 small a day).I am not proud of this but am very thankful for it.I dont think it cost any of you anything I was 32 at the time and worked since I was 17 so I think I paid more in than I got back.
I agree that there are a heck of a lot that dont deserve it though!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you won't be alone.  You will die in a concentration camp with the rest of us unrepentant capitalists, freedom lovers, and individualists.  But you're probably right about the cold part.

I will die, but it won't be in a concentration camp.

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's 3% of a couple trillion? Hell that's only like a hundred billion dollars, you could probably pay that yourself, no biggy.

Yes you are right, to a certain degree it does matter. But it is not the reason we are 14 trillion dollars in the red. There are bigger fish to fry.

I disagree.

While food stamps by themselves may not be the entire problem, the mentality behind it is.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:27:36 AM EDT
[#17]
My wife and I will no longer go grocery shopping on the first, second, or third of the month.  During the first three days of the month, the grocery stores are filled with disgusting leaches.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:31:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fuck That.

I don't know how to tell you this, but you work your ass off to buy their groceries with your money also.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:35:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I gave one of my idiot coworkers a ride home last night because he just got a dui. He said he can drive soon after getting a breathalyzer in his car,but he wont have to pay for it since hes using last years tax numbers since he made less Last time I give him a lift home thats for sure. With OT Il make close to 50k this year. No reason at all why he cant afford to pay that shit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:46:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Who is really profiting from this, the people who buy substandard food from wallyworld with their EBT card or the retailers and producers of these goods that we all pay for??????  This is a subsidy for the food producers.

No politician cares what people on assistance want, they only care what their corporate masters want. When was the last time some hood rat whipped out their checkbook and wrote a six digit campaign contribution check?  This debate only splits us, so the corporations and special interest group continue to control the political direction of the nation.

Geeezzz .....now you know who really wants this to remain in place.

Wake the fuck up people.

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:48:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I hear lots of BS about how many hungry folks are in the US now.

Then I hear that the ones on welfare are getting assistance but that healthy food costs more and they are fat because they eat unhealthy, cheap food.

Take a look at an old group photo and you will see a stark difference.

Even poor folks who lived on fried food and stuff cooked in lard were not fat.

It ain't the quality of the food nowadays, and it ain't ignorance of proper food nutrition, it's folks who are eating too f___g much food and exercising too f___g little.

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:54:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
WILL YOU GUYS PLEEEEESE stop posting and get back to work so uncle Sam can rob from you so laquesha can feed er babies.
She cant work, she just got her hair and nails did....oh yeah...you paid for that too!

Good call my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:54:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a family member that works at the Welfare office (DFS).  A family of 4 gets about $1000 dollars a month on their EBT card.  

My wife and I in 20+ years of marriage and raising a couple of kids NEVER spent half that to fully feed our kids 3 squares a day.  

Its shocking, I really don't know why anyone would want to work,  if you figure in just  the EBT, the free healthcare, it has to amount to a couple grand a month by itself.  PLUS many of these folks are on SSI disability to top things off, getting free housing, and milking the local pantries and churchs for all they are worth.  It is sickining really,   Tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse are rampant as well as plenty of funding for the tats and piercings....Its a raquet and will likely cause the few folks  that really need the help to suffer mightly when the money runs out or the working folks will not OR no Longer can pay.  

It will end badly.  

Exactly, I spend about $125 a week for me, my wife, and my son.  The $125 usually includes a gun magazine, box of ammo, something fishing related, etc....  We could do it for $100 a week and we eat well.  $1k a month is stupid, it teaches them nothing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

dude, that's billions and billions and billions of dollars

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck That.

this... I've raised my daughter by my self since she was 6 months old. A little while back i was talking to a friend about formula and how much it costs. When i told her i paid for all her formula she asked why i didn't sign up forfood stamps or wic, i told her it was because my pride wouldn't let me. She is MY kid. She is MY responsibility. I'll starve my ass off so she can eat before i'll take government assistance.

My wife and I  signed up for wic.It was our first child and it turned out to be Triplets!! 7.5 months was not long enough to budget for that hit.Friends and family helped with diapers but the formula was a little north of $35 a day(1large can and 1 small a day).I am not proud of this but am very thankful for it.I dont think it cost any of you anything I was 32 at the time and worked since I was 17 so I think I paid more in than I got back.
I agree that there are a heck of a lot that dont deserve it though!!!!!!!!!!

WIC isnt food stamps. completely different program.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It will end badly.  

Your family member is lying to you. ( Google is your friend ) In MO the maximum benefit for a family of four is 668.00 a month. The amount they receive is typically lower than the max.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#27]
I wonder how everyone against food stamps feels about getting a fat check for the EIC on thier taxes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Where does I sign up for sum gubmint cheeze?
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I think that to myself quite a lot at the grocery store and WalMart, but I've never vocalized it
Speed

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wonder how everyone against food stamps feels about getting a fat check for the EIC on thier taxes.

I don't know.  Never got it.

Parents never got it––Dad and I would sit down and go over taxes together at the kitchen table.  Good education.

We never got any welfare or gov assistance either and had some tough times.  I've always been a net taxpayer accept for my time in the Marines.

And that brings up an important point...  Even if you claim an EIC on your filing, you still may be a net taxpayer (someone who pays more in taxes than the value of goods and services they receive).  If a person works, he is getting a credit against the taxes he must pay = keeping more of his own money.  So I guess I don't understand your logic...  A tax credit for a net taxpayer is not welfare.

It's like saying, "I wonder how you feel about your standard deductions?  Hypocrites!!!"

If a person gets a credit above and beyond his tax burden, then that is a form of welfare and I oppose it 100%.  Filing taxes should not be a revenue generating exercise for anyone.  We all should pay and pay the same rate––we all get to vote and our votes are equal**  I would prefer to abolish the IRS and end the tax game all-together.

**Unless you are military absentee in which case the Dem Secretary of State may disqualify your vote since there's an 80% change it's for a conservative.

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I just don't know about the direction this country is headed.

I do .

And it aint pretty .

Quoted:
For Americans that have PAID into the system I see nothing wrong with them getting some of THEIR money back in times of need. But, the generations of non-contributers and the illegals have no morale entitlement in my book.

Exactly . Professional freeloaders are fucking parasitic slags that need to be dealt with .
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I look forward to the inevitable violence and starvation. People will think I'm wrong for that, but fuck them too.

(I'm gonna see how many threads this is the perfect response to tonight, this is #2)

No  shit. I know how to shoot and feed myself, fuck em, and fuck em harder in the face if they think they can take from me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will end badly.  

Your family member is lying to you. ( Google is your friend ) In MO the maximum benefit for a family of four is 668.00 a month. The amount they receive is typically lower than the max.

$668 a month for a family of four is waaaaay too much.  My wife and I spend less than $250 a month on groceries, and that includes a couple of bottles of wine and hard liquor.  

Of course, we buy real food.  Meat, pototoes, vegetables, etc.  I get royally pissed off when I see Secretia waddling her grocery cart up to the register and it's full of chips, dips, soda, twinkies and microwaveable crap.  No wonder she's 400 lbs and has more chins than a Chinese phone book.  

There should be a list of foods that these leeches can buy, just basic groceries.

Next thing you know, Mcdonald's will be accepting the EBT card.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

More than once, I've been fourth or fifth on line, and everyone ahead of me paid with an EBT card.

There really is only one solution, and it's never going to happen, so I guess we're all screwed.

Quoted:
Can't wait until the "help" runs out.

The only way the help is "running out" is total societal collapse.

You "can't wait" for that?
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've seen guys here brag about it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen guys here brag about it.

EIC should be the first thing to go.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will end badly.  

You need to come down to Florida and see my grocery bill, at least 250 for one week, go to BJ's and spend 160 conservatively on detergent,six to eight cases of water,four gallons of milk, cereal, eggs, cold cuts, bread and the list goes on. Maybe a couple of years ago but today it's ridiculous how much groceries cost.

Do you use bottled water to water your lawn???

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I was recently at a Wallgreens buying shaving cream and accidentally hit the "EBT" button on the card scanner instead of "Debit". EBT is the foodstamp credit card here in Ohio.

I told the clerk I made the mistake and she must have not heard me quite right because she told me to hard her the EBT card so she could scan it at the register... I loudly told her that I have a job and wish to pay using D-E-B-I-T that is linked to C-A-S-H in my bank account. I embarrassed the hell out of both her and my girlfriend.

It may be that, it may be something else.

A few years ago, the girl coordinating the lines at the grocery saw me waiting in line with a few things and asked if I wanted go through the rapid check out lines, the automated ones. I replied "No, thank you, I prefer a person."

She told me that these had people. I went over, she took my credit card, and started punching in numbers. I felt like a cripple, took my card from her, and returned to a line with a human cashier.

They just may be "programmed" to use the technology as much as possible, that when things don't work, they take over and try to make the technology work.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Before the kids were all moved out me and my SO usually shopped like that, 2 full carts about 1 time per month with a total bill averaging around $400, except we paid cash. I could almost see all the checkout people cringe when they saw us coming.  We'd only go grocery shopping for our main stuff about once/month. Not knowing exactly what they bought I assume they were probably stocking up on a lot of bulk items like we did and hopefully not just squandering the money away on red-bull and steak or shrimp.  If that's the case, I at least give them some credit for shopping wisely......

Mmmmmm, yes. One of the cashiers, years earlier, said it was the kind of check out for people who only shop once a month. To me, that's my Ranger mentality....while the opposite of it, hitting the grocery store frequently, occassionally shows up as an argument against urban sprawl.

Things vary, though. I use powdered milk because it is easier, cheaper for me. When I was checking out once with it though, a teen bagger asked his teen cashier what it was......and was told it was for babies. (I'm unmarried and childless).

It is a style of shopping I try to subscribe to, but not to the tune of $400 mind you. Buy a stock pile and live off of that, avoid impulse cooking where I feel like I want a nice steak this day and go out and buy the ingredients......or wanting to give into the atmosphere of modern big box grocery shopping.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"Is there a line for people that have money?"

Yep, it's called the TAX LINE... We have to get the money somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#44]
About 5 years ago my wife and I was standing in line at Winn dixie and a man and woman was in front of me with their cart FULL. They had steaks, crab legs, tuna fillets, other expensive cuts of meat, and alot more. They pull out the EBT card and swipe it. I look down at the loaf of bread and the sandwich meat in our hands that we were going to be eating for the next week and it made me sick. Then, we walk out side with our little bag and they are loading all that food in a fucking Escalade with 26" wheels and a big speaker box in the back.......I was fucking furious......took me hours to calm down......them eating and living like a king and we are eating like fucking peasants......makes me mad just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Can't wait until the "help" runs out.

solution: stop paying taxes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#46]
One of my old coworkers went on food stamps when her husband left her and the kids.  She managed to scrape enough money together to get her B.A. at the regional college and went to work.  That's what public assistance should be for.  Sadly, that's a rare case.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will end badly.  

$668 a month for a family of four is waaaaay too much.  My wife and I spend less than $250 a month on groceries, and that includes a couple of bottles of wine and hard liquor.  

Of course, we buy real food.  Meat, pototoes, vegetables, etc.  I get royally pissed off when I see Secretia waddling her grocery cart up to the register and it's full of chips, dips, soda, twinkies and microwaveable crap.  No wonder she's 400 lbs and has more chins than a Chinese phone book.  

There should be a list of foods that these leeches can buy, just basic groceries.

How many folks in your family?
A couple bottles of alcohol will knock 50 to 75 off your food budget real quick. Now you are spending less than 200.00 a month of food. You or your wife must be a master budgeteer. Im not knocking you but I think your figures are a little off. And as far as fast food....

Well actually...... several states already allow fast food purchases with EBT, FL and NV being some of them. Did you know that NV casinos accepts EBT in their restaurants?  The CA restaurant association is currently lobbying hard to get it moving there along with several trade groups in other states.  Not to mention YUM! brands (taco bell, pizza hut, KFC ) are currently working at it from the national level along with the soda industry trade groups. Everyone is trying to get a bigger piece of the food stamp pie.  Once again if you think this program exists due to some welfare queens threatening not vote for someone if it gets cancelled, then you are naive at best and completely fooled by the political media at worst.  This shit is because corporate food producers and retailers along with now the fast food industry wants more of your money, and by your money I mean your tax dollars. Food stamps is way less of a subsidy for poor people than it is a subsidy for the food industry and retailers.

The real carpetbaggers of this situation is the corporations that already make millions, and have lobbying firms and that write big checks to political campaigns.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
About 5 years ago my wife and I was standing in line at Winn dixie and a man and woman was in front of me with their cart FULL. They had steaks, crab legs, tuna fillets, other expensive cuts of meat, and alot more. They pull out the EBT card and swipe it. I look down at the loaf of bread and the sandwich meat in our hands that we were going to be eating for the next week and it made me sick. Then, we walk out side with our little bag and they are loading all that food in a fucking Escalade with 26" wheels and a big speaker box in the back.......I was fucking furious......took me hours to calm down......them eating and living like a king and we are eating like fucking peasants......makes me mad just thinking about it.

That couple must shop everywhere...

Everyone I know has seen them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will end badly.  

How many folks in your family?
A couple bottles of alcohol will knock 50 to 75 off your food budget real quick. Now you are spending less than 200.00 a month of food. You or your wife must be a master budgeteer. Im not knocking you but I think your figures are a little off. And as far as fast food....

Well actually...... several states already allow fast food purchases with EBT, FL and NV being some of them. Did you know that NV casinos accepts EBT in their restaurants?  The CA restaurant association is currently lobbying hard to get it moving there along with several trade groups in other states.  Not to mention YUM! brands (taco bell, pizza hut, KFC ) are currently working at it from the national level along with the soda industry trade groups. Everyone is trying to get a bigger piece of the food stamp pie.  Once again if you think this program exists due to some welfare queens threatening not vote for someone if it gets cancelled, then you are naive at best and completely fooled by the political media at worst.  This shit is because corporate food producers and retailers along with now the fast food industry wants more of your money, and by your money I mean your tax dollars. Food stamps is way less of a subsidy for poor people than it is a subsidy for the food industry and retailers.

The real carpetbaggers of this situation is the corporations that already make millions, and have lobbying firms and that write big checks to political campaigns.

Just the wife and I.  

She uses coupons from magazines, newpapers and the internet.  Plus, most of the food we buy in on sale for the week.

As far as the price of booze, it is cheap here in NM.  Plus, I'm a cheap drinker, I buy the generic.  A handle of generic vodka for $10
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me how much of the budget did NASAs shuttle and other space programs account for?

Also, what is the return on investment for food stamps

dude! i never thought of it that way.  i'd have better roi investing in lehmans or enron today

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top