Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I will die, but it won't be in a concentration camp.

You might find this Polyxena video interesting. Granted, it is spoken by a very young girl, but some of the words at least are "correct" (came across it prepping for a part).
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a family member that works at the Welfare office (DFS).  A family of 4 gets about $1000 dollars a month on their EBT card.  

My wife and I in 20+ years of marriage and raising a couple of kids NEVER spent half that to fully feed our kids 3 squares a day.  

Its shocking, I really don't know why anyone would want to work,  if you figure in just  the EBT, the free healthcare, it has to amount to a couple grand a month by itself.  PLUS many of these folks are on SSI disability to top things off, getting free housing, and milking the local pantries and churchs for all they are worth.  It is sickining really,   Tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse are rampant as well as plenty of funding for the tats and piercings....Its a raquet and will likely cause the few folks  that really need the help to suffer mightly when the money runs out or the working folks will not OR no Longer can pay.  

It will end badly.  

Your family member is lying to you. ( Google is your friend ) In MO the maximum benefit for a family of four is 668.00 a month. The amount they receive is typically lower than the max.

in ebt.

dont forget WIC, TANF, SNAP, etc...
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a family member that works at the Welfare office (DFS). A family of 4 gets about $1000 dollars a month on their EBT card.  

My wife and I in 20+ years of marriage and raising a couple of kids NEVER spent half that to fully feed our kids 3 squares a day.  

Its shocking, I really don't know why anyone would want to work,  if you figure in just  the EBT, the free healthcare, it has to amount to a couple grand a month by itself.  PLUS many of these folks are on SSI disability to top things off, getting free housing, and milking the local pantries and churchs for all they are worth.  It is sickining really,   Tobacco, alcohol and drug abuse are rampant as well as plenty of funding for the tats and piercings....Its a raquet and will likely cause the few folks  that really need the help to suffer mightly when the money runs out or the working folks will not OR no Longer can pay.  

It will end badly.  

Your family member is lying to you. ( Google is your friend ) In MO the maximum benefit for a family of four is 668.00 a month. The amount they receive is typically lower than the max.

in ebt.

dont forget WIC, TANF, SNAP, etc...

Still a lie.

No matter how many acronyms you post.

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a family member that works at the Welfare office (DFS).  A family of 4 gets about $1000 dollars a month on their EBT card.  

It will end badly.  

$668 a month for a family of four is waaaaay too much.  My wife and I spend less than $250 a month on groceries, and that includes a couple of bottles of wine and hard liquor.  

Of course, we buy real food.  Meat, pototoes, vegetables, etc.  I get royally pissed off when I see Secretia waddling her grocery cart up to the register and it's full of chips, dips, soda, twinkies and microwaveable crap.  No wonder she's 400 lbs and has more chins than a Chinese phone book.  

There should be a list of foods that these leeches can buy, just basic groceries.

Next thing you know, Mcdonald's will be accepting the EBT card.

Restaurant Meal Program

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have been known to loudly ask, "Is there a line for people that have money?"
EDIT: I will likely die cold and alone.

Not quite alone.

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can't wait until the "help" runs out.

Me either.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]

You gotta be shittin' me.  I've seen it all, now.

Oh well, maybe the HoodRats will all die of coronary disease and no longer be a burden on society.  Keep eating that fried food you leeches.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 4:51:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Food stamps are what, 3% of the budget? Who cares?

What's 3% of a couple trillion? Hell that's only like a hundred billion dollars, you could probably pay that yourself, no biggy.

Yes you are right, to a certain degree it does matter. But it is not the reason we are 14 trillion dollars in the red. There are bigger fish to fry.

Do tell

Entitlement programs such as Social Security (20% of the budget), Medicare and Medicaid (20% of the budget).

http://www.heritage.org/budgetchartbook/entitlements-historical-tax-levels
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

More than once, I've been fourth or fifth on line, and everyone ahead of me paid with an EBT card.

There really is only one solution, and it's never going to happen, so I guess we're all screwed.

Quoted:

The only way the help is "running out" is total societal collapse.

You "can't wait" for that?

Nice use of quotations.

No, there doesn't have to be a total collapse of society in order to stop hand outs. We can have a healthy economy where people actually work for a living.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't start feeding the bears.  When you have to stop, their attitude changes.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
About 5 years ago my wife and I was standing in line at Winn dixie and a man and woman was in front of me with their cart FULL. They had steaks, crab legs, tuna fillets, other expensive cuts of meat, and alot more. They pull out the EBT card and swipe it. I look down at the loaf of bread and the sandwich meat in our hands that we were going to be eating for the next week and it made me sick. Then, we walk out side with our little bag and they are loading all that food in a fucking Escalade with 26" wheels and a big speaker box in the back.......I was fucking furious......took me hours to calm down......them eating and living like a king and we are eating like fucking peasants......makes me mad just thinking about it.

Shut up peasant.  We do not have enough we will take more .  

Bushes TAX cuts will expire; We have included healthcare for ourselves and we will take your money if you make more than 250 a year.    YES WE CAN!  

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will die of starvation before I allow the 'state' to feed me.

You better not die!!!     Laquesha needs her nails done dit in a few weeks and I think her sclade is low on gas.  

fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

EDIT:  I will likely die cold and alone.

dont fergit about the goin to hell part too...
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

More than once, I've been fourth or fifth on line, and everyone ahead of me paid with an EBT card.

There really is only one solution, and it's never going to happen, so I guess we're all screwed.

Quoted:

The only way the help is "running out" is total societal collapse.

You "can't wait" for that?

Nice use of quotations.

No, there doesn't have to be a total collapse of society in order to stop hand outs. We can have a healthy economy where people actually work for a living.

I disagree––-because the folks running our government are elected, and the number of voters who benefit from government programs (not just the folks on welfare) will never voluntarily give up any government benefits.

No. Not even Tea Party voters.  They want "those other people's benefits" cut.

Nobody is willing to give it up, and it will eventually drag the nation down.

It can end well.

And it can end peacefully.

But it cannot end well and peacefully.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Food stamps are what, 3% of the budget? Who cares?

What's 3% of a couple trillion? Hell that's only like a hundred billion dollars, you could probably pay that yourself, no biggy.

Yes you are right, to a certain degree it does matter. But it is not the reason we are 14 trillion dollars in the red. There are bigger fish to fry.

If your in personal debt and trying to crawl out, what do you do? You eliminate the small shit first and work your way up to the big stuff.
The .Gov is the same. Yes they have more options than the average person but if your dumber than a fifth grader you wont understand anyway
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will end badly.  

You need to come down to Florida and see my grocery bill, at least 250 for one week, go to BJ's and spend 160 conservatively on detergent,six to eight cases of water,four gallons of milk, cereal, eggs, cold cuts, bread and the list goes on. Maybe a couple of years ago but today it's ridiculous how much groceries cost.

Yep, i just got back from the store. The city water here will kill you faster than smoking cigarettes. Smells like a fucking sewer.
I purchase 5 cases of water, a Gal of milk, some apples, bananas, oranges, vitamins, orange juice, small first aid kit, $9 and 3 health food bars.

a hundred fuckin dollars!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top