Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Apart from the Pigskin Red River War. Politicaly as Goes Texas so goes Oklahoma.

I have to much family to take off across the country, like a vagabond in the event of disaster. I'll more than likely be somewhere in Northern Oklahoma, Making sure that the days of outlaws like, The Doolin/Dalton and Hole in the Wall Gangs, do not return to the Nations.

Just think of us as Texas's Buffer Zone.

Who knows, we might be able to squeeze just a little more oil out of the Anadarko Basin in a pinch. Beef, Wheat, Control Of I-35 and I-240, AWACS, The Ammo Depots, Fort Sill the home of the U.S. Armies Field Artillery. No ground burst Nuclear Targets uprange to our West.

Yeah, I think I can make a go of it here in OkieLand.

We'er just up the road apiece from the Hun.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If it ever gets realyrealyrealy bad I'm movin the family out to the middle of the 'Glades & live seminole style.
More Bass & Gator than you could eat, and water everywhere. Only problem is keeping the 'skeeters (not the gators) from carrying off small children and dogs[shock]
echo(oftheswamp)6 [:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
F%$k Texas and meet in Arizona!
View Quote

What are we gonna eat there? Sand and cactus?
Have fun finding water.

Forget it. But thanks for the invite, I'll stay here in Texas and the Okie area.

View Quote

We can BBQ the Gila Monsters and Rattlesnakes.

Yum! [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/liplick.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.drseward.com/New_Site/C5C3-3_6.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be here [:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

(Arizona)

Have fun finding water.

View Quote

... Obviously you haven't spent any time in northern Arizona.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm gonna stay at home. Dial 911 and wait for the cops to show up.
View Quote

Woo hoo! Say it!

They already have several contingency plans ready to activate depending on the SHTF situation. I was advised that meeting up with a large group of people not personally known is not a very good plan as it could end up with everyone drinking almond flavored kool-aid.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#9]
No almond flavored kool-aid for me thanks.  I plan on sticking to water mostly.  Oh, and I intend on bringing the host the small gift of a case of Wild Turkey, as that's what was in the photo he keeps posting.  

Hey, guests can be gracious as well, and I have my own ammo.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
F%$k Texas and meet in Arizona!
View Quote

Have fun finding water.

Forget it. But thanks for the invite, I'll stay here in Texas and the Okie area.

View Quote

We can BBQ the Gila Monsters and Rattlesnakes.

Yum! [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/liplick.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.drseward.com/New_Site/C5C3-3_6.jpg[/img]
View Quote

dont know about gila monster but rattlesnake is pretty good
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 2:57:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Considering the fallout generally blows east, I'm heading for the NorCal or Oregon coast. You guys in TX will be glowing in the dark while I'm picking seashells off the beach.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 3:49:41 AM EDT
[#12]
[b]mattja[/b], if we're talking about a nuclear war, son, I've got some very bad news for you....

We in Texas may be dead in weeks, you on the beach may last for a few more months.

During which time you will envy the hell out of all the dead.

I think that if you throw the nuclear factor in the equation, all bets are off!

Neverthess, come to the Hun Farm for the 'Kiss Your Ass Goodbye Once in a Lifetime' Party!

BTW, it's pretty hard to pick up seashells when your fingers keep falling off! [BD]

Eric The(Serious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:05:39 AM EDT
[#13]
You are all FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS!

I have constructed a mighty secret fortress of beans! Crates of beautiful beans, stacked as high as a man! In the post-holocaust, I shall be a king, no, a god! You all shall be my beanless slaves!

Does anyone have any extra water?
[peep]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:08:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm gonna stay at home. Dial 911 and wait for the cops to show up.
View Quote

Imbroglio, is that you? [:)]

Woo hoo! Say it!

I was advised that meeting up with a large group of people not personally known is not a very good plan as it could end up with everyone drinking almond flavored kool-aid.

View Quote

Imbrog, you start to scare me....
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:11:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Er, [b]Spearweasel[/b], do you happen to have any generators or other survival equipment that runs on methane gas or something?

Bring your franks and beans out to Foard County!

Eric The(We'llStartOverAndThisTimeWe'llDoItRight)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:15:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Er, [b]Spearweasel[/b], do you happen to have any generators or other survival equipment that runs on methane gas or something?
View Quote

No, just beans.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:17:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd be honored by that selection, as my great, great great grandfather was honored as head of the Texas State Guard, District 2, located in Wise County, while his son (my great, great grandfather) was off in Tennessee and Virginia fighting for his native State!

I know the area like the back of my hand and have enough arms to equip a small battalion!

I accept the appointment![:D]
Hey ETH you got room for one more Texan from Ft. Worth?  I got plenty of ammo 10K+ and something besides my Mouseguns!!! Not to mention I'm an old Field Artillery man.

Eric The(JustCallMeCap'nHun)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:17:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Why not just pick one of those high-profile, anti-gun celebrities' giant Montana ranch?

We could all meet there, and take it.
It could be an assembly area, from which we move onto other high-profile, anti-gun celebrities' ranches.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:40:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:42:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Cincinnatus, You have a great plan.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:55:45 AM EDT
[#21]
With a Board name like [b]ConfederateTexan[/b], how can you be refused entry?

Come, your skills and knowledge will be much needed.

Besides, we may need to make a foray into Ft. Sill, Oklahoma, for some necessary artillery!

You would be perfect for that mission![:D]

Eric The(Bienvenidas)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:59:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Post from Cininnatus -
Why not just pick one of those high-profile, anti-gun celebrities' giant Montana ranch?

We could all meet there, and take it.
It could be an assembly area, from which we move onto other high-profile, anti-gun celebrities' ranches.
View Quote

A very good suggestion for our second mission, after we get settled down in Hunland, Texas!

We have US Hwy 287 nearby, which is a straight march into the liberal, sissified enemies stronghold.

Its workable!

Just think of it as our summer retreat!

Eric The(Ted'sSkullplateAsAnAshtray)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My family has ~6000 acres of land in Southern Georgia - that's where I would be. Totally self sufficient, including raising chickens, growing peanuts, cotton, and corn, several ponds with good sized fish, a skeet range, horses, quale hunting, a lodge, 4-wheelers, and more. It's the family "compound"....

And last time I checked, citizens can have Class III stuff in Georgia...

Check it out: [url]http://www.dapady.com[/url]
View Quote

How close to a populated area is your place??  Going to be lots of desperate folks on the prowl.

**BTW bookmarked that site.  Looks like a fine setup.
View Quote

The compound is a ways from civilization (like 45 minutes from the nearest good grocery store). It's more than 2 hours south of Atlanta. They turn over 400,000 broaster chickens every 6 weeks. Commercial farming for the corn, peanuts, and cotton. Some DAMN good fish. Totally self-supporting. Even have an on-site church/banquet facility!

The fact that it's so far from "the world" is the only reason I didn't try to set up a Thunder Ranch/Gunsite/Front Site type of facility.

But when the SHTF, I'll be heading there and closing the gate behind me. 'cept for you AR15.com guys who bring some heavy hardware & ammo & know the secret handshake.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:55:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Hay, I just realized. I need an AR-15.com hat so you guys can recognize me!

Where can I get one of those.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Here you go, [b]Benjamin0001[/b]:[url]http://www.ar15.com/multimedia/index.html?album=6[/url]

Check it out!

Eric The(Helpful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Considering the fallout generally blows east, I'm heading for the NorCal or Oregon coast. You guys in TX will be glowing in the dark while I'm picking seashells off the beach.
View Quote

FYI here's the projected jetstream fallout pattern for the USA.

[img]www.endtimesreport.com/pictures/aacont2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:35:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Mr. TheHun,

I would like to apply for out-of-state entry priviledge to your 'compound'. Let me list my family's qualifications:

My wife is a native Texan, born and raised outside of Amarillo. She is also an excellent pistol shot and a great cook.

My son is a big strapping lad and was born in far-western Texas (New Mexico). He is an EMT and is a sophmore in college on his way to being a Dr. He is also a great shot.

I am just a guy.

Thanks for your consideration. We await your decision regarding our fate.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:48:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Post from wiggy762 -
I would like to apply for out-of-state entry priviledge to your 'compound'. Let me list my family's qualifications:

My wife is a native Texan, born and raised outside of Amarillo. She is also an excellent pistol shot and a great cook.

My son is a big strapping lad and was born in far-western Texas (New Mexico). He is an EMT and is a sophmore in college on his way to being a Dr. He is also a great shot.

[u]I am just a guy.[/u]

Thanks for your consideration. We await your decision regarding our fate.
View Quote

Just wanting to come to our happy encampment is sufficient for you to gain entry!

Come on in [b]wiggy![/b]

And regarding your 'I am just a guy' comment, with a family such as you've described, I rather doubt that you are '[u]just[/u] a guy.'

Maybe, 'just a helluva guy'![:D]

Now [u]that[/u] I can believe!

Just get here, we will take care of the rest!

Eric The(Welcoming)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Eric, although we're both in agreement that folks are welcome here at any time, I just wanted to clarify one fact.  I [b]will not[/b] sleep in the same bed with wiggy!
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Post from DonR -
Eric, although we're both in agreement that folks are welcome here at any time, I just wanted to clarify one fact. I will not sleep in the same bed with wiggy!
View Quote

Sorry, [b]DonR[/b], I already promised him that![:D]

I suppose I should have asked you first, but I just figured with how hospitable we Texans are, you would jump right in!

Maybe not, huh?

BTW, is it OK if we use your place as a staging area for the move out to West Texas?

You are about a third of the way out there for most of us!

And you can fall back to the Farm, when those angry [i][b]federales[/b][/i] start coming after us from the DFW area.

We'll cover your move!

Eric The(TheyDon'tKnowUsVeryWell,DoThey>)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#31]
My truck will bear the license plate: "SATCONG" you will know me when you see me...

Can we bring our wife?  I also have two aussies, can't leave them behind...[:)]

Will bring our own stores of supplies we have for emergencies to contribute....

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#32]
THIS FORUM IS LIKE GIVING THE BRADY BASTARDS MONEY TO LOBBY AGINST OUR GUNS. I HOPE THEY DONT SEE IT...

I THOUGHT ONLY STEERS AND QUEERS CAME FROM TEXAS  <--JOKE
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Hey HUNny...ya know what I would bring....Psyren!
And please somebody...think about having a shoot in Texas soon.....as for myself, this month is kind of like the rapture and I am left behind,
no BRC for me......
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Post from satcong -
My truck will bear the license plate: "SATCONG" you will know me when you see me...
View Quote

Amen! Your truck will make it through the lines just fine!
Can we bring our wife? I also have two aussies, can't leave them behind...
View Quote

But, of course, bring your entire clan, [b]satcong[/b], we will need every trigger finger we can get!

And dogs are absolutely necessity for where you're going!
Will bring our own stores of supplies we have for emergencies to contribute...
View Quote

Bring what you can, but don't overdo it to the point of jeopardizing your successful arrival.

We will have plenty on hand and to spare, as the Good Book says.

Eric The(BePrepared!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Eric, although we're both in agreement that folks are welcome here at any time, I just wanted to clarify one fact.  I [b]will not[/b] sleep in the same bed with wiggy!
View Quote

I resemble that remark! My wife says that I rarely (don't) snore and only hog the covers every night!

I am sure that if the SHTF we will all 'get closer'. (No, I don't mean it that way, get your head out of the gutter!!).

DonR, I think that your wife and mine would have a lot to say about the sleeping arrangements.... don't you think?

ETH, BTW look back at your posts in this topic and see if you can see where you came up with  (accidentally I'm sure) a new AR15.com product! In your untapped wisdom you typed, "in AR15.comdom", just think of the possibilities if you change just one letter and then have the AR15.condom.
Can you imagine the marketing possibilities? Prebans, postbans, hi-capacity, muzzle brakes, flash hiders, triggers, semi-auto, full auto, long range, Close Quarters Battle, night ops, special ops, and these are just a few. We could make kajillions!!! And yes, I said we, you get credit for the initial 'fruedian slip' and I get credit for the 'capitalization' of your slip!!

Great job, partner!

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Post from hound -
Hey HUNny...ya know what I would bring....Psyren!
View Quote

Absolutely!
And please somebody...think about having a shoot in Texas soon.....
View Quote

Where you been? Didn't you see my trip to the Farm threads? I was counting on you to respond!
...as for myself, this month is kind of like the rapture and I am left behind, no BRC for me......
View Quote

Well, there will always be another rapture, I have a small one planned for October, when the heat gets bearable again in Texas.

More on that later!

Eric The(Hospitable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:01:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Eric...please don't count on me to respond...I have been in three different cities in the past month and I am still trying to get the bad taste of Philly federales out of my mouth....send me e-mail, call me..tell DonR to roll over and wake me up...oops.....I will show up if directed...
don't trust me to locate the invite on my own..
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:03:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Post from chuckstahk -
I THOUGHT ONLY STEERS AND QUEERS CAME FROM TEXAS
View Quote

Wow, your first post is a joke about Texas![:D]

Welcome, pardner!

Yes, a whole lot of steers and queers come [u]from[/u] Texas - we run them outta here as soon as they show themselves to be steer or queer!

But, hey, where do you think all those Left Coast designers and decorators come from anyway?

Eric The(Don'tMessWithTexas)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Post from brouhaha -
What!? You wuss! The heat should NEVER bother a true Texan. I'm up for a July/Auust shoot!
View Quote

So am I, but we all have to be respectful of the sensibilities of certain transplants who would die if they were in West Texas in August and September!

Better to get them acclimated first.

BTW, my Farm is at 1500 feet above sea level, so while it may be hotter than Dallas, it sure doesn't feel like it!

And there are good strong winds even in August and September out there.

Eric The(TrueTexan)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Note to [b]satcong[/b]

Good, [b]satcong[/b]! Now I've edited it out!

Eric The(I'llSendYouGPSCoordinates,Later)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Thanks Eric!

copied and saved to shtf notebook!

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I second this motion.  Any voleenteers to host it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Post from brouhaha -
What!? You wuss! The heat should NEVER bother a true Texan. I'm up for a July/Auust shoot!
View Quote

So am I, but we all have to be respectful of the sensibilities of certain transplants who would die if they were in West Texas in August and September!

Better to get them acclimated first.

BTW, my Farm is at 1500 feet above sea level, so while it may be hotter than Dallas, it sure doesn't feel like it!

View Quote

How many acers you have Mr. HUN?  

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Sorry boyz, I will be heading to the mountains.

Hunting, cover, high ground... and I can deal with the cold climate.

Besides, you guys would end up killing me after a protracted "visit" [:D]

Eric/Tyler
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey ETH-- I may have missed the post, but what part of Texas is your Farm located?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I second this motion.  Any voleenteers to host it?
View Quote

I Third this motion, but cannot host it (have no land)... Any ideas on which part of Texas?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Post from Citabria7GCBC -
How many acres you have Mr. HUN?
View Quote

1,000 acres, approximately.

The Pease River has been cutting into our property since we Huns got there in 1885!

It's got an incredible amount of wild life on it as well!

Possibly since I don't permit hunting on it!

As I've always said, so long as the grocery stores are open, why hunt?

When the grocery stores close for good, then will the Hun become the Hunter![:D]

Post from energizer -
Hey ETH-- I may have missed the post, but what part of Texas is your Farm located?
View Quote

In Foard County, in the Panhandle, about 16 miles South of Quanah.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top