Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just for grins, let's do a little GD experiment to see if we can demonstrate how moral values have gotten looser over time.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mP2bjjd5WTY/TDj_qpExq1I/AAAAAAAABp0/uIVvSdxC8HI/s1600/1920s%2520Swimsuit.jpg

OK, now someone post pics of women wearing bathing suits commonly seen on today's beaches...

ETA:  Hint for those who don't get it––go read the CoC before you take me up on this.

You're going to need to show how skimpier beachwear correlates with a decline in moral values before your 'point' has any meaning.  You sound like an Imam. "Oh Allah, you can see her ankles!"
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just for grins, let's do a little GD experiment to see if we can demonstrate how moral values have gotten looser over time.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mP2bjjd5WTY/TDj_qpExq1I/AAAAAAAABp0/uIVvSdxC8HI/s1600/1920s%2520Swimsuit.jpg

OK, now someone post pics of women wearing bathing suits commonly seen on today's beaches...

ETA:  Hint for those who don't get it––go read the CoC before you take me up on this.

You're going to need to show how skimpier beachwear correlates with a decline in moral values before your 'point' has any meaning.  You sound like an Imam. "Oh Allah, you can see her ankles!"

Oh, for cryin' in the sink.  An imam, seriously?  If you don't see that we've gotten more relaxed about what is considered taboo, you just aren't looking.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I've no doubt that I have what would be consider a "Nerf" life by previous generations of my family.

And the truth is, the shit "kids" do today... is the shit I did, and, at 42, still do. (The internet, video games, etc)

The only "these kids today" observation I've made, is that younger people do seem a lot less mature.

In the firehouse, I worked with some guys in their early 20's who acted like they were still in HS.

Of course, I guess it's entirely possible that, as I've matured, young people have just started to appear less mature in comparison.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've no doubt that I have what would be consider a "Nerf" life by previous generations of my family.

And the truth is, the shit "kids" do today... is the shit I did, and, at 42, still do. (The internet, video games, etc)

The only "these kids today" observation I've made, is that younger people do seem a lot less mature.

In the firehouse, I worked with some guys in their early 20's who acted like they were still in HS.

Of course, I guess it's entirely possible that, as I've matured, young people have just started to appear less mature in comparison.

I think that has a lot to do with it.  Perspective is everything, I think.  When I was college age (measured in decades ago and not years, sadly), I was definitely one of "those damned kids".  Today, I get to gripe about kids and my lawn.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:03:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

"P-p-people try to put us down just because we g-g-get around."

The guy who wrote that is now older than my parents.

And still performing. (Gotta hand it to Roger, he seems in pretty decent shape for a guy his age.)

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"P-p-people try to put us down just because we g-g-get around."

The guy who wrote that is now older than my parents.

QFT

some people forget about the hippies
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see cameltoe

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Older generations have always compkained about the up and coming generation, but I seriously think the youngsters these days FU'd.

Yep.

I been working since I was 13, never been in jail, never more that a two week stretch not working unless I was on disability, had a new truck at 19, that I paid for in full and drove for 13yrs.

Most of the people I grew up with were/are this way.

My Nephew and his buddies are constantly in trouble, doing Heroin, popping pills, cant hold a job, DUI's out the ass, wrecking cars, hittin their wimmin and have all the sexually transmitted diseases short of Aids, but there is plenty of time to catch that.

Yep, same as it ever was.

Ok, I've been working since I was 15, never been in jail, never more than a month not working, I bought a used car at 18 on my own and a new car at 22, both of which I still drive, and will have both paid off in full by May. I've never done drugs, never had a DUI, never wrecked a car, never hit a woman, and I've never had an STD.

I'm only 23. It's pretty easy to see downward trends when your sample group is one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm 20 and I can't believe how stupid my own generation is. That's why all of my friends are 10 years older than me I guess. And just when I think it can't get much worse than my generation I see a 13 year old girl walking with her mom yelling her about why she cant get a new white iPhone to replace her old iPhone 4 she just got last week.

Maybe something is wrong with me but I've had the same job since the day I turned 18, it's not much but it's something. I go to school full time but I've never been arrested or done much where I should be arrested.

I dated a girl recently who was 17 (about to turn 18)  all she did was talk about how stupid her parents where , her parents who paid for everything she owned and everything she wanted to do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's a major difference between the attitudes of people my age (23) and people graduating high school. Fucking. Huge.

ETA: Not a maturity thing either.

Yes it is. The entire reason you say is because you're not mature yet.  A human's brain doesn't stop major development till age 25.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
pull your pants up dummy, I can see shitstains on your drawers

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But What do you think? Are today's problems caused from poor adult leadership who are not out taking their grand kids fishing and hunting, becuase Gramps is typing about his new 1911 on Arfcom?

The main problem I see is that with each generation, we get further & further away from the ideals our forefathers envisioned.
You can't really understand what life was like before you were alive to experience it. So with every new generation, 'normal' changes.
That's my main frustration with the youth of today - though I don't blame them in the least (my generation is equally at fault, as well as every other preceding it)...

They think having the police kick down their neighbor's door is normal.
They think having .gov sticking their nose in every aspect of the citizenry's life is normal.
They think the continued errosion of our freedom & liberty is normal.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top