[#2]
What a dumbass
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Praise Be To Obama!

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It had to happen eventually.

I'm surprised, though....I didn't think I could think any less of him than I already did. I was wrong.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Ho-hum. FBHO
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
newsweek , a new book , this shit

he sure has a lot of time to write it seems

not as much a you think. too busy playing golf.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
The only thing he talks about is getting more info from states for the background check system. I seriously doubt he has the support to do much of anything.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Surprisingly moderate point of view.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#9]
am i the only one that thinks he's actually talking sense?

I recall alot of people here screaming that existing laws need to be enforced, but when obama says it, all i read is FBO

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty slick wording there.

Impossible to decipher from a lot of blah blah what his specific intention is, but I for one don't support a single new gun related law unless it serves to render previous laws null and void.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Lotsa of WTF in this article

"Americans by and large rightly refrained from
finger-pointing, assigning blame or playing politics with other
people's pain"

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone got a working link, or maybe just an excerpt (so I can google a working link myself)?

nm, google cache to the rescue
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm willing to bet his point of view on citizens owning firearms is anything but moderate.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#14]

But one clear and terrible fact remains. A man our Army rejected as unfit for service; a man one of our colleges deemed too unstable for studies; a man apparently bent on violence, was able to walk into a store and buy a gun.

I'm fine with restricting the right to vote for anyone who can't pass the military fitness standard.

Oh wait, that's not what he was meaning was it.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Praise Be To Obama!  

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#16]
trying to play both sides of the fence.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I recall alot of people here screaming that existing laws need to be enforced, but when obama says it, all i read is FBO

Many of the existing laws are patently unConstitutional. They need to be removed....and the people who put them on the books need to be removed from office.

If you don't want irresponsible people to enjoy freedom, keep them in jail after their irresponsiblility rises to the criminal level. Period. It's that simple.

Further, the notion that rejection by the Army or rejection by - of all stupid things - a college - should prevent someone from exercising the rights of citizenship is not merely wrong, but treasonous .
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pretty slick wording there.

Impossible to decipher from a lot of blah blah what his specific intention is, but I for one don't support a single new gun related law unless it serves to render previous laws null and void.

This, nor do I believe a single word that man has to say. Just like any other politician he will say whatever he thinks his target audience wants to hear.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But one clear and terrible fact remains. A man our Army rejected as unfit for service; a man one of our colleges deemed too unstable for studies; a man apparently bent on violence, was able to walk into a store and buy a gun.

I'm fine with restricting the right to vote for anyone who can't pass the military fitness standard.Oh wait, that's not what he was meaning was it.

I'm not.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#20]
The way I read it, Patch up NICS so that people like the Arizona guy dont slip through, and end the gun show loophole.

I think he pretty much just said that anything else would never pass.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It is possible for both to be true

FBHO (even if he makes sense) and enfore existing laws.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#22]

i just threw up a little in my mouth.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

yea. i read it. no bans on weapons. thats what i thought i was gonna read, no bans on assault weapons, semi-autos, large magazines.. just a way of keeping firearms out the hands of nut jobs. though i would be very leery of who that would be done, the idea itself has merit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#24]
So, he didn't actually say anything, correct?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#25]
A well worded, moderate position.  He even went so far as to predict Arfcom's response...

"I know some aren't interested in participating. Some will say that anything short of the most sweeping anti-gun legislation is a capitulation to the gun lobby. Others will predictably cast any discussion as the opening salvo in a wild-eyed scheme to take away everybody's guns. And such hyperbole will become the fodder for overheated fundraising letters."

What's his screen name.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I was surprise too
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I see what he's driving at.

State instant reporting system ––––>  to feds   ––––––>    Any infraction/open cases  ––––-> You can't be sold a gun.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

So, he didn't actually say anything, correct?

Merely a litmus test. This would be the appropriate time for us to communicate our desire that he go FUCK himself, before he considers a move towards actual legislation.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Porous background checks are bad for police officers, for law-abiding citizens and for the sellers themselves. If we're serious about keeping guns away from someone who's made up his mind to kill, then we can't allow a situation where a responsible seller denies him a weapon at one store, but he effortlessly buys the same gun someplace else.

Read this as: end the "gunshow loophole", eliminate face to face transactions.  The critical point of this passage is "effortlessly buys the same gun someplace else"
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is a fuckhead who thinks you're a criminal for defending yourself from a killer with deadly force, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. He can talk "moderate" all he wants, but his well-documented actions betray the undisputable fact that he's a fucking liar just fishing for new support and counting on people being too stupid to remember anything beyond a timeframe in the months.

Fuck Obama.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#31]
After the backlash towards healthcare reform he's reverted to the honored tradition of incrementalism.  Big surprise.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#32]
that wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.

he stills sucks as a president, however.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of the existing laws are patently unConstitutional. They need to be removed....and the people who put them on the books need to be removed from office.

If you don't want irresponsible people to enjoy freedom, keep them in jail after their irresponsiblility rises to the criminal level. Period. It's that simple.

Further, the notion that rejection by the Army or rejection by - of all stupid things - a college - should prevent someone from exercising the rights of citizenship is not merely wrong, but treasonous .

No shit.  More like " I'll tell you if you can own or shoot weapons".  Kinda like in Ill. The State Police determine who gets a card ,  but not whom possess a firearm ie ... bangers and other low life criminals.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Isn't Obama talking about "common sense" somewhat of a oxymoron?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I will go out on limb and pretty much accept after 2 1/2 years of him as President, the gun grabbing fears are unfounded. He may just be blowing sunshine up our ass, but clearly if he really wanted to move on guns, he could put his weight on some of the bills in the house lack the magazine capacity restrictions. He was handed a once in a presidency opportunity to move on guns after Arizona, and he hasnt.

He has referenced guns 3 times since Arizona, and the last two times he sounds like a republican, when addressing the Mexican reporter, and this article.

Im gonna say it, BO is not going to touch our guns. We do not rest, as  Ronadlus Maximus said, trust but verify.

He is asking for more effective background checks, fine im all for that.

Wow. I cant believe I just typed this out. gonna have a drink. At least I know the Brady Dumbasses must crying and screaming right now. That article effectively kills any hopes of serious gun curtailments.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Not entirely horrible.  But I highly doubt that's what he really believes.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#37]
He didn't say shit...

He's in campaign mode. Look at his record. He is an anti-gunner posing as a moderate.

Sad thing is, a lot of people will fall for his bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Centralizing information about citizens as well as firearm sales in the federal government?

No thanks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He didn't say shit...

He's in campaign mode. Look at his record. He is an anti-gunner posing as a moderate.

Exactly. On both counts.

This guy is banking on the electorate being full of gullible people with extremely short attention spans, and some of you guys are proving him right. Shape up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I will go out on limb and pretty much accept after 2 1/2 years of him as President, the gun grabbing fears are unfounded. He may just be blowing sunshine up our ass, but clearly if he really wanted to move on guns, he could put his weight on some of the bills in the house lack the magazine capacity restrictions. He was handed a once in a presidency opportunity to move on guns after Arizona, and he hasnt.

He has referenced guns 3 times since Arizona, and the last two times he sounds like a republican, when addressing the Mexican reporter, and this article.

Im gonna say it, BO is not going to touch our guns. We do not rest, as  Ronadlus Maximus said, trust but verify.

He is asking for more effective background checks, fine im all for that.

Wow. I cant believe I just typed this out. gonna have a drink. At least I know the Brady Dumbasses must crying and screaming right now. That article effectively kills any hopes of serious gun curtailments.

He knows gun control is a losing issue.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Really surprised he did not mention those evil assault rifles and evil high-capacity magazines.  He seems to be saying that he is not asking for much, but I would be willing to bet you that if he got some legislation going, it would contain lots of tings that the average Arfcommer would find objectionable.  People like him always say that they want "common sense" legislation, except it always winds up being a nightmare.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He didn't say shit...

yes. but who cares what they say see what they do and hesn't done anything. 2nd term God help us, but lets face it if he really wanted to do something he would have, and he hasnt.

I think he realizes that on this issue, its dead.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#43]
How much you want to bet Obama has never fired a gun in his life?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Remember one thing - Obama lies.

Obama and his kind use words to make people agree with him.

They do it all the time.  They use code words like "Reasonable" & "common sense".

The speeches promoting the Health Care Bill was full of Reasonable and common sense arguments and speeches.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He didn't say shit...

Exactly. On both counts.

This guy is banking on the electorate being full of gullible people with extremely short attention spans, and some of you guys are proving him right. Shape up.

That's what I'm saying.

This man hates YOU, the proud American gun owner. Don't EVER forget it.

The only reason he's published a "moderate" opinion on the issue is because he knows he has very little support for gun control. If he could get away with ripping the second amendment out of the BOR he would do it in a heartbeat.

Fuck him and all that he spews forth from his commie cockholster.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I would like to invite POTUS to go fuck himself with a cactus plant. If he doesnt like people owning guns he can go be president of his native kenya.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How much you want to bet Obama has never fired a gun in his life?

He likes to shoot skeet.

I can tell most of the people posting in this thread didn't even read the article. I read it not as him telling gun owners to compromise, but a message to his own base that pushing gun control isn't a fight worth having right now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I bothered to read it.  Shame on you if you are criticized it without reading.

He said what many here keep harping on:

Enforce the laws already on the books!

Strengthen the NICS laws!

Nothing about magazine restrictions and such nonsense.

Granted I think somebody else wrote it, but that besides the point.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#49]
"We must seek an agreement on gun reforms"

Here are the terms of our agreement.
Secure the fucking border.
Eject the illegal parasites.
Stop giving our fucking money away.
Fix the justice system so that it WORKS. (They should be doing something to support their own stay in prison. Why the fuck should WE pay because they suck? )

Physical , and mental evaluation of all persons on wellfare. (If they can work they WILL work or they will not get .gov money)

Leave law abiding gun owners who respect the law , value their freedom and love their country alone.

Thats some reform that will WORK to fight crime and the current state of our economy
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Really surprised he did not mention those evil assault rifles and evil high-capacity magazines.  He seems to be saying that he is not asking for much, but I would be willing to bet you that if he got some legislation going, it would contain lots of tings that the average Arfcommer would find objectionable.  People like him always say that they want "common sense" legislation, except it always winds up being a nightmare.

I think he wants to see how many gunowners are dumbasses and buy his ' moderate ' bullshit before he goes after what he really wants. Agreed he has concentrated most of his efforts in destroying our free market economy thus far but I am sure he will turn on our guns IF re elected.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top