Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 9/11/2010 3:17:27 AM EDT
Why don't we burn the Quran daily?  

At high noon we light'er up every day baby.  

Seems to me we need to root these fuckers out and kill them everyday.  

Just sayin......

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:31:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Just sayin......

So the commander of the current war we are fighting says that the burning of the book will endanger both our troops and our entire campaign and you advocate doing it regularly.

Fucking genius.

Why don't you bring your ass over here on some foot patrols with me through the city and see what a great idea it is.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I understand the Generals wishes and reasoning..
I understand the talking heads on the left and right saying it is the man's right to burn the book, but is it "right"
I understand the theory of poking the wasp nest...

what I dont understand is that they dont understand that there is no such thing as Moderate Islam,
they want you, or your kids or your grandkids to bow to Allah, thru coercion or fear, period.

I believe that our Governments involvement in constricting the rights on this particular nut case just proves to me
we have wasted the lives of 1000's of brave, loyal and honorable men and women...and

THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON, Islam will win in the end, our Political Correctness will be our destruction
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Now what does that say about our enemy?  To me it seems that they are violent and irrational people and if burning a fucking book is what motivates them to commit acts of violence then it tells me what we've done in the last 9 years has been pointless and wasteful.

This is fucking asinine. We burn books, they behead infidels. We protest Mosques they kill soldiers. We need to take the blinders off and shed this political correct bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:37:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Bring our Troops home TODAY!!!

If we're not going to FIGHT this War............BRING THE TROOPS HOME!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:38:22 AM EDT
[#5]
No one was burning korans or dissing Islam before 9/11.  The muslims decided to kill 3000 of us anyway.
So the threats about terrorism sparked by desecrating books doesn't really perturb me.  Defend and help Muslims in Bosnia and Afghanistan and they'll still hate you.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:40:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I understand the talking heads on the left and right saying it is the man's right to burn the book, but is it "right"

what I dont understand is that they dont understand that there is no such thing as Moderate Islam,

they want you, or your kids or your grandkids to bow to Allah, thru coercion or fear, period.

I beleive in that our Governments involvment in constricting the rights on this particular nut case just proves to me

we have wasted the lives of 1000's of brave, loyal and honorable men and women...and

THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON, Islam will win in the end, our Political Correctness will be our destruction

BULLSHIT.

What is it that you people simply do not understand?  The war we are in is a running PR battle between us and the Taliban trying to gather the support of the local Afghan populace.  Whoever gains the support of the people will win this fight.  Shit like this only sets us back farther and farther.   If you are so interested in the validity of the men who died here you would not advocate something that would set us back.  

I don't give two shits about Islam, that is not what we are fighting over here. We are fighting to restore a government so we don't have an anarchist void left over for our enemies to fill. Unfortunately the people that will allow this government to be established are muslims, and publicly disrespecting them is not going to accomplish anything in our favor.

He has a right to do it, but it blatantly reverses our efforts and puts us at more risk than we are already in.  Anyone supporting this is a fucking idiot.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:40:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No one was burning korans or dissing Islam before 9/11.  The muslims decided to kill 3000 of us anyway.

So the threats about terrorism sparked by desecrating books doesn't really perturb me.  Defend Muslims in Bosnia and Afghanistan and they'll still hate you.

This

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:41:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Saudis and other Muslim countries regularly burn the Bible as well as destroy crucifixes.  Where is the outcry?

The extremists WANT people to be fearful so they threaten all sorts of shit due to burning a book in EXACTLY the same manner as which they do to the Bible or other religious material.

Does anyone remember the Buddhist statues that the taliban destroyed by tank cannon?  So quickly we forget.  

Muslim fanatics want people being afraid...as for concerns about our troops....I am retired military and will say this....the Muslim extremists were killing our troops BEFORE any thought of burning....I guarantee that if you let them win this one...it will be something else that inflames them later....

they ONLY UNDERSTAND FORCE.  That is their culture.  Get it?

Study terrorism and get back to me...the public muslim outcry is class terrorism...the weak attempting to control the more powerful through threats, fear, and intimidation.'

burn it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:43:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

We are doing plenty of fighting, who the fuck are you to say we aren't?  

A conventional conflict cannot be waged against an enemy who has no conventional army. That does not mean we are not fighting, it only means the tactics have to be changed to meet the threat.  

I have lost friends in the past week to this fighting that you seem to think is not happening.  In the past couple months I have seen firefights, ambushes initiated by us, and a half dozen airstrikes danger close to me.  Some of you have no fucking clue.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:44:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin......

So the commander of the current war we are fighting says that the burning of the book will endanger both our troops and our entire campaign and you advocate doing it regularly.

Fucking genius.

Why don't you bring your ass over here on some foot patrols with me through the city and see what a great idea it is.

First and foremost, thank you for your service.  

I'm not advocating anything.  Just asking a question.  WHY?  

I do appreciate what you are saying.  This is exactly what Petreaus is saying.  

However, playing nice and just trying to get along with these guys only delays a successful conclusion to this WAR.  Our goal should be eliminating the threat.  Playing nice with these guy will prolong the war and delay the outcome into the unforseable future.  This is what they want.  They have already broken our bank of resources.  This thing will go on forever until we eliminate this threat to our security or beat thier asses so far into the ground they will beg for us to stop.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:45:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I beleive in that our Governments involvment in constricting the rights on this particular nut case just proves to me

BULLSHIT.

What is it that you people simply do not understand?  The war we are in is a running PR battle between us and the Taliban trying to gather the support of the local Afghan populace.  Whoever gains the support of the people will win this fight.  Shit like this only sets us back farther and farther.   If you are so interested in the validity of the men who died here you would not advocate something that would set us back.  

I don't give two shits about Islam, that is not what we are fighting over here. We are fighting to restore a government so we don't have an anarchist void left over for our enemies to fill. Unfortunately the people that will allow this government to be established are muslims, and publicly disrespecting them is not going to accomplish anything in our favor.

He has a right to do it, but it blatantly reverses our efforts and puts us at more risk than we are already in.  Anyone supporting this is a fucking idiot.

So are you saying that we should limit our freedom of speech?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:45:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

However, playing nice and just trying to get along with these guys only delays a successful conclusion to this WAR.  Our goal should be eliminating the threat.  Playing nice with these guy will prolong the war and delay the outcome into the unforseable future.  This is what they want.  They have already broken our bank of resources.  This thing will go on forever until we eliminate this threat to our security or beat thier asses so far into the ground they will beg for us to stop.  

You have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:45:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:

A conventional conflict cannot be won against an enemy who has no conventional army. That does not mean we are not fighting, I have lost friends in the past week to this fighting that you seem to think is not happening.  In the past couple months I have seen firefights, ambushes initiated by us, and a half dozen airstrikes danger close to me.  Some of you have no fucking clue.

TUMOR is referring to the public support and Politicians such as Obama...not the troops.

The politicians and press have always been the issue when we are fighting...NOT the troops.
We know the troops are fighting...many of us here have fought before.  Many of us have lost friends to the fights also...from the Marine Corp barracks in Beirut, to terror attacks, to Iraq, Afghanistan, and various other places around the world.  Many of us understand what muslims are doing....it is all about THEIR religion....and dominance over all other religions / cultures.  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamyan

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:48:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

There, I enlarged it because you apparantly missed it.

I said he can do it and should be able to, but the support should not be there from the populace (like ALL of you) for him to do so.  Everyone is pretty fucking eager to stalwart our mission and make things harder for us because apparently everyone here is a legendary armchair tactician and you all know whats best for this conflict.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A conventional conflict cannot be won against an enemy who has no conventional army. That does not mean we are not fighting, I have lost friends in the past week to this fighting that you seem to think is not happening.  In the past couple months I have seen firefights, ambushes initiated by us, and a half dozen airstrikes danger close to me.  Some of you have no fucking clue.

TUMOR is referring to the public support and Politicians such as Obama...not the troops.

We know the troops are fighting...many of us here have fought before.  

This war IS being fought, quite vigorously in recent times I may add.  This campaign has kicked into overdrive in the past year.  Just because you don't understand the tactics and don't see B-52's carpet bombing shit does not mean you automatically should assume that nothing is going on and make stupid statements reflecting such.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:52:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin......

Fucking genius.

What other rights will we be willing to give up for the sake of not upsetting Islam.  WTF??????????

If this is the way of the future, we have already lost.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:53:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There, I enlarged it because you apparantly missed it.

I said he can do it and should be able to, but the support should not be there from the populace (like ALL of you) for him to do so.  Everyone is pretty fucking eager to stalwart our mission and make things harder for us because apparently everyone here is a legendary armchair tactician and you all know whats best for this conflict.

It seems to me that if burning a fucking book is what sets these people off, then we have more than just a little problem.

Also, if I feel that I should be able to show my disdain for Islam without having to worry about violence, and the fact that I do, speaks volumes of who and what we are up against.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:54:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin......

Fucking genius.

What other rights will we be willing to give up for the sake of not upsetting Islam.  WTF??????????

WTF rights has anyone talked about giving up?

Seeing as how you apparently can't read, nobody said he shouldn't be allowed to do it, but that you all should not be giving him the power behind it, which is the only reason this is an issue.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:58:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This war IS being fought, quite vigorously in recent times I may add.  This campaign has kicked into overdrive in the past year.  Just because you don't understand the tactics and don't see B-52's carpet bombing shit does not mean you automatically should assume that nothing is going on and make stupid statements reflecting such.

You know nothing of my military background.....lol...Never assume

B52's were before my time....the 80's, 90's, and even 2000's were during my time in service.  The problem is that you are assuming things.  Sometimes it is better to shut up and listen.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:58:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It seems to me that if burning a fucking book is what sets these people off, then we have more than just a little problem.

Also, if I feel that I should be able to show my disdain for Islam without having to worry about violence, and the fact that I do, speaks volumes of who and what we are up against.

It seems to me like you don't know how modern warfare is fought, and how COIN campaign operate.  You look at the small picture while the big picture whizzes by.  Again, the overall goal is to defeat the Taliban PR campaign with our own. We cannot fight every swinging dick in Afghanistan in an insurgency conflict.  We are actually making decent strides in gaining ground via the local populace, but giant media shitstorms like this fuel the enemy's cause a hundred times more than we ever can.

I have explained this several times, and if anyone needs me to break it down fucking syllable by syllable I will, because apparently its a fucking impossible concept, even though we just went through this same deal in iraq.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:02:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

B52's were before my time....the 80's, 90's, and even 2000's were during my time in service.  The problem is that you are assuming things.  Sometimes it is better to shut up and listen.

I don't give two shits what you background is, and with that I don't care enough to assume anything about it.  If you are going to follow the original quoted poster's rationale that we are not waging this war aggressively then you would be wrong just like him, regardless of who the fuck you are.

The "you" was not directed towards you personally, but towards the growing group of clueless people inhabiting this thread. If you wish to include yourself as part of that group then go for it.

BTW, the B-52 is still flying today and was a metaphor for conventional conflict, because you obviously missed that.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:05:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow,.....a COIN expert

I am impressed

Psyops?  SF?  Delta?  Or ground pounder with chip on shoulder?

May want to lighten up on people with a diff opinion here...while you were a baby..some of us were dealing with Muslims already

I understand your concerns....but your attitude in dealing with anyone with a diff opinion does not further your case.

Hats off to your service...just as you should RETURN that same respect.  Some of us do understand terrorism and the methodology.  Do you think that Muslims do not attempt to manipulate the media and public opinion to weaken our resolve?  I guess just since they say they are pissed...you would change SOP's out of respect.  

simply wow....

lighten up francis

PS..I fully understood your B52 innuendo....and answered in kind.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:09:01 AM EDT
[#23]
daemon734, I can see you are personally and emotionally involved in this.  

Put that aside for a few minutes and think about this.  If we don't bury this threat asap, our boys will be deployed to these 4th world shit holes forever.  

How are we going to wrap these fuckers up once and for all?  

That is the question.  

How long do you think the dems will stay in the fight before they turn and run?  We are in a game of survival and will.  The longer this goes on the more likely our candy ass politicians and retarded populace majority will decide to cut and run.  If Obama dedides cut and run he will shore up support from the left which he must have to have any chance at all to stay in office.  

Again, this is the question and I pose it to everyone here:    How are we going to wrap these fuckers up once and for all?    

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:09:21 AM EDT
[#24]
They have no respect for ANY religion other than their own... Fuck 'em

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:09:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

do you think that Muslims do not attempt to manipulate the media and public opinion to weaken our resolve?  I guess just since they say they are pissed...you would change SOP's out of respect.  

Great point.  I guess you must have missed the part where I explained this war in terms of being a FUCKING TWO WAY PUBLIC RELATIONS CAMPAIGN.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:11:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

do you think that Muslims do not attempt to manipulate the media and public opinion to weaken our resolve?  I guess just since they say they are pissed...you would change SOP's out of respect.  

Great point.  I guess you must have missed the part where I explained this war in terms of being a FUCKING TWO WAY PUBLIC RELATIONS CAMPAIGN.

No shit Sherlock

you are fucking brilliant

a legend in your own mind

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:11:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't give two shits what you background is, and with that I don't care enough to assume anything about it.  If you are going to follow the original quoted poster's rationale that we are not waging this war aggressively then you would be wrong just like him, regardless of who the fuck you are.

The "you" was not directed towards you personally, but towards the growing group of clueless people inhabiting this thread. If you wish to include yourself as part of that group then go for it.

BTW, the B-52 is still flying today and was a metaphor for conventional conflict, because you obviously missed that.

Come on folks.  No name calling now.  I'm asking a serious question.  How we going to wrap these fuckers up once and for all?  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:11:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin......

Fucking genius.

WTF rights has anyone talked about giving up?

Seeing as how you apparently can't read, nobody said he shouldn't be allowed to do it, but that you all should not be giving him the power behind it, which is the only reason this is an issue.  

The power behind it?  It's called the Constitution, read it perhaps you will then understand the argument. Is it stupid, yep, provacative, yep, senseless, check, but so is building a mosque at ground zero and we seem much less upset about that then the muslims do about a threatned Koran burning.

The fact that the FBI was sent to Gainsville to "talk" to this pastor should give everyone pause.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:12:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems to me like you don't know how modern warfare is fought, and how COIN campaign operate.  You look at the small picture while the big picture whizzes by.  Again, the overall goal is to defeat the Taliban PR campaign with our own.

Which is what exactly?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:13:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems to me like you don't know how modern warfare is fought, and how COIN campaign operate.  You look at the small picture while the big picture whizzes by.  Again, the overall goal is to defeat the Taliban PR campaign with our own. We cannot fight every swinging dick in Afghanistan in an insurgency conflict.  We are actually making decent strides in gaining ground via the local populace, but giant media shitstorms like this fuel the enemy's cause a hundred times more than we ever can.

I have explained this several times, and if anyone needs me to break it down fucking syllable by syllable I will, because apparently its a fucking impossible concept, even though we just went through this same deal in iraq.

YO BUBBA,,,chill out..
you are getting upset about nothing and taking things out of context and the realm of understand..
God Bless you and your brothers at arms..I am sorry if you have lost friends in this sorry war..a war the AMERICAN People have no stomach for any longer.
A war where we take the ground demanded then hand it back with glee, forgetting the American Blood spilled there,
Believe me Nam Vets understand it far better than you my brother..come home and visit family and get bands, beers, , hearts and flowers, we got spit, baby diapers and water balloons filled with piss..and pushed under the rug Shamed by our America...when we finally got home..

so, relax 99% of the people here support you and your job,
NONE Of us support the hearts and minds bullshit line you have swallowed though.
doesn't work,
will never work
they know at some point you are going home upright or prone, but you will go home
the Taliban DESTROYED the Soviet Union in 10 years, (with a bit of help from Reagan)
OBAMA is assisting them by Destroying America while your ass is on the line. and HE Does NOT support you. at all.
YOU are fighting a FAITH, a Government lies with in that Faith, Sharia, Regardless to what you do, they will return to Sharia law, it is what they have done and understand for 1500 yrs..

lastly I never said I supported the idiot in Florida, I DID SAY We the people are now acting to PROTECT the feelings of Muslims, THRU FEAR, we are Fearful of damage to our finest done by OUTRAGED MUSLIMS over the burning on a few books..That says, Terrorism Wins..period we're scared, WE dont act as Americans act due to FEAR, that is the intent of Terror...

watch your 6, cover our ass, and get home safe...and GOD BLESS..
Chef
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I have explained the theory behind our entire campaign several times, the frustrating part is that questions like this still keep happening.

As basic as possible for you.  

Establish military presence and provide security to enact a stable government and infrastructure.

Gain support of the populace via PR campaign and providing stability.

Killing the enemy is an essential part of both equations.

You cannot fight a conventional war against an entity that has no conventional army.  Just what is it that you do not understand about this?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:15:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I think what he the General is saying, not so well, is that it may turn moderates against the US troops, who will aid the enemy.

Other than that - WTF is a fanatical killer gonna do that they weren't already gonna do?

Edit: clarification
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:15:53 AM EDT
[#33]
If we must curb our speech, bite our tongues and follow political correctness then we need to bring the troops home, because we have already lost.

Troops should be deployed so as to PROTECT MY FREEDOM, you know, like my freedom to say what I want to say about a religion.  This is ass backwards.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:16:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Execpt, the PR war is being fought world wide, not just in AFG. IF it is not fought world wide nothing we do in AFG will matter. Talk about a bigger picture.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:16:37 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The power behind it?  It's called the Constitution, read it perhaps you will then understand the argument. Is it stupid, yep, provacative, yep, senseless, check, but so is building a mosque at ground zero and we seem much less upset about that then the muslims do about a threatned Koran burning.

The fact that the FBI was sent to Gainsville to "talk" to this pastor should give everyone pause.

Negative.  the only power behind this attention seeker is people like you giving him your support.  If nobody supported it because of its negative effect on our current operations it would be a non-issue right now.  Instead all of you sit here clapping like little mechanical monkeys with cymbals.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:18:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

An f-ing two way public relations campaign with radical muslims?  Are you kidding me?  

To argue with ignorant illiterate religioius fanatical idiots is beyond stupid.  

If that is the goal for this war, then we have indeed already lost.      

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:18:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I think what he is saying, not so well, is that it may turn moderates against the US troops, who will aid the enemy.

Other than that - WTF is a fanatical killer gonna do that they weren't already gonna do?
pretty much.

Once you realize that 90% of the people here are fence sitters then the impact of shit like this will sink in.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:21:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

An f-ing two way public relations campaign with radical muslims?  Are you kidding me?  

This is where you simply don't have enough of an understanding of the situation to figure this out.  

Like I said, 90% of the people here are simple fence-sitters who will sway whichever way benefits them more.  Every person here isn't a crazy radical ten minutes away from wearing a suicide vest as you insinuate.  in fact, the vast, vast majority aren't.

Once you can get that into your mind this discussion will be much less ridiculous.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:22:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Like it or not General Officers are political appointees; in the end you either tow the party line or you get out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:25:55 AM EDT
[#40]
We are taking the wrong lessons learned from operations in Iraq and taking the stern wave effects without looking at the shaping operations that lead to that effect.  

It's like someone filmed the war and starting playing it out of sequence and that caused a whole bunch of wrong lessons to be learned.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:26:17 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have explained the theory behind our entire campaign several times, the frustrating part is that questions like this still keep happening.

As basic as possible for you.  

Establish military presence and provide security to enact a stable government and infrastructure.

Gain support of the populace via PR campaign and providing stability.

Killing the enemy is an essential part of both equations.

You cannot fight a conventional war against an entity that has no conventional army.  Just what is it that you do not understand about this?

Worked well in Viet Nam

Same tired argument was used then.  If you truly want to win...let Specops work without limitations...snatch and grabs, selective targeting, interrogations, and more importantly..make sure Washington DC fully supports (which they do not) and the press stays OUT of it....(which they do not).  

Your emotions have got the best of you on this....the same fear tactics were used by Iranians....Carter dealt with it from fear.  Before Reagan was sworn in a message was sent to the Iranians....they released the hostages within minutes of Reagan being sworn in because they were afraid of what he would do.  

Study terror and the history....not only are we fighting the terrorists...but we are fighting OUR OWN PRESS that is determined to assist terrorists.  Muslim cultures...especially the Afghan culture understand the warrior mentality and strength..they do not have respect for weakness.   The burning is not the issue...they burn bibles ALL the fucking time....it is a weakly veiled attempt to stir up sentiments..and instead of being strong....we see lots of people turning into hand wringing pussies.

Look at what the Muslims are doing in NYC...are they backing down?  Not one bit.  

Look at the NAME of the proposed site in NYC...Cordoba .....do you think that name was picked at random?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate_of_C%C3%B3rdoba

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezquita

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Mount

You may want to read about the history of how Muslims treat Christian places of worship...such as Temple Mount.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:26:56 AM EDT
[#42]
It's amazing the people that are the most ignorant are the first to voice their opinion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

We are taking the wrong lessons learned from operations in Iraq and taking the stern wave effects without looking at the shaping operations that lead to that effect.  

It's like someone filmed the war and starting playing it out of sequence and that caused a whole bunch of wrong lessons to be learned.

I know what you are talking about, as in the surge here being less aggressive than in Iraq and setting SOFA-like conditions before the enemy's back has been broken.  

But I will say that having been on the ground for a while this surge has started migrating into mirroring the actions of 2006-2007 Iraq in that the initiative to kill the enemy and clear ground is much more prevalent now.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:31:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is where you simply don't have enough of an understanding of the situation to figure this out.  

Like I said, 90% of the people here are simple fence-sitters who will sway whichever way benefits them more.  Every person here isn't a crazy radical ten minutes away from wearing a suicide vest as you insinuate.  in fact, the vast, vast majority aren't.

Once you can get that into your mind this discussion will be much less ridiculous.

Forget the fence sitters bullshit.  Guess what I'm trying to say is, like you said, the ones that are crazy radicals ten minutes away from wearing a suicide vest.....  

These are the ones we need to terminate with extreme prejudice as promptly as possible.  We've been screwing around with this thing for 9 years now to the day.  

Fuck muzzy and his suicidal terrorist idealogy.  I want them dead asap.  Then maybe the civilized world can get back to work and prosperity in my lifetime.  Is this even possible?  Or do we have to live with these cockroaches for ever.  I don't want my grand kids and great grand kids to have to deal with this shit in perpetuity.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:32:00 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Worked well in Viet Nam

I guess you missed this little OP called "Operation Iraqi Freedom", where years of stagnant conflict was rounded out into almost three years of fucking peace and quiet due to an aggressive surge and COIN campaign.  Now they are flaring up again as we try to leave, but you know what? The government is in place and its not really our problem as much anymore.  The troops are on their way out.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:33:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Forget the fence sitters bullshit.  Guess what I'm trying to say is, like you said, the ones that are crazy radicals ten minutes away from wearing a suicide vest.....  

These are the ones we need to terminate with extreme prejudice as promptly as possible.  We've been screwing around with this thing for 9 years now to the day.  

Fuck muzzy and his suicidal terrorist idealogy.  I want them dead asap.  Then maybe the civilized world can get back to work and prosperity in my lifetime.  Is this even possible?  Or do we have to live with these cockroaches for ever.  I don't want my grand kids and great grand kids to have to deal with this shit in perpetuity.  

Then by all means bring your ass over here and find them for me.  If you can sniff out the 10% out of several million people then you may have just singlehandedly won the war.

If your superhuman abilities aren't up to par then we will have to get the support of those "fence sitters" you want to quickly forget about and let them police up their own.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#47]
I really do think Patraeus is taking his orders from Oblammo to speak out about this because he HASN'T done so in prior incidents.
So why now? Where was his speeches when South park made that muhammud episode? Where was he when they drew those cartoons?
Where was the speaking out when the Fitna was made? In fact on youtube plenty of people have already burned the koran in years prior so where was the outrage then? It one thing to think burning a book is anti-intellectual and makes him look like a redneck, but its not going to stop there. Now anyone who even slightly has a chance to piss off muslims is going to be accused of "causing our soldiers deaths".
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:34:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

A conventional conflict cannot be waged against an enemy who has no conventional army. That does not mean we are not fighting, it only means the tactics have to be changed to meet the threat.  

I have lost friends in the past week to this fighting that you seem to think is not happening.  In the past couple months I have seen firefights, ambushes initiated by us, and a half dozen airstrikes danger close to me.  Some of you have no fucking clue.

I think he's saying that your CIC is not committed to fighting the war long-term.  Troop withdrawals begin in 4 months.  

If I were an Afghan villager I would hunker down because you're not going to be winning my 'heart or mind'.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he's saying that your CIC is not committed to fighting the war long-term.  Troop withdrawals begin in 4 months.  

If I were an Afghan villager I would hunker down because you're not going to be winning my 'heart or mind'.

Nobody is going anywhere in 4 months.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:36:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin......

Fucking genius.

I have never seen so much first response win.  Thank you for serving our country.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - So, if Petraeus Warns Planned Quran Burning Could Endanger Troops.... (Page 1 of 8)
Page General » General Discussion
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top