BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Forget the fence sitters bullshit.  Guess what I'm trying to say is, like you said, the ones that are crazy radicals ten minutes away from wearing a suicide vest.....  

These are the ones we need to terminate with extreme prejudice as promptly as possible.  We've been screwing around with this thing for 9 years now to the day.  

Fuck muzzy and his suicidal terrorist idealogy.  I want them dead asap.  Then maybe the civilized world can get back to work and prosperity in my lifetime.  Is this even possible?  Or do we have to live with these cockroaches for ever.  I don't want my grand kids and great grand kids to have to deal with this shit in perpetuity.  

Then by all means bring your ass over here and find them for me.  If you can sniff out the 10% out of several million people then you may have just singlehandedly won the war.

Don't have the answers bud.  Just trying to find one.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Worked well in Viet Nam

I guess you missed this little OP called "Operation Iraqi Freedom", where years of stagnant conflict was rounded out into almost three years of fucking peace and quiet due to an aggressive surge and COIN campaign.  Now they are flaring up again as we try to leave, but you know what? The government is in place and its not really our problem as much anymore.  The troops are on their way out.

Maybe if you say "fuck" some more, people will take you seriously.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Worked well in Viet Nam

I guess you missed this little OP called "Operation Iraqi Freedom", where years of stagnant conflict was rounded out into almost three years of fucking peace and quiet due to an aggressive surge and COIN campaign.  Now they are flaring up again as we try to leave, but you know what? The government is in place and its not really our problem as much anymore.  The troops are on their way out.

You really need to study history more and not let your emotions get the best of you.

Why is it flaring up?  Hmmmm....could it be a CIC announcing and end to combat ops and a withdrawal date?  

Prediction - Same will happen in Afghanistan..only quicker...due to the higher levels of corruption as well as cultural differences.  

The execs in the US Govt need to be dedicated to winning...and our CIC is not that person.  

Terrorists never confront superior forces head on...they dodge, wait, use all tools to amplify their force and weaken the superior force

Have you read the Art of War?  

you may want to.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:42:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Worked well in Viet Nam

I don't care if anyone here takes me seriously.  I would just like to interject a tiny bit of reality for some of these people in between fucking hot pockets and farmville.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Worked well in Viet Nam

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:44:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why is it flaring up?  Hmmmm....could it be a CIC announcing and end to combat ops and a withdrawal date?  

If you were truly the tactical genius you claim to be you would have called the bombings in Iraq months ahead of time like everyone else.  Its a test and a last ditch attempt for them.  Its also unsustainable.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:45:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Worked well in Viet Nam

I don't care if anyone here takes me seriously.  I would just like to interject a tiny bit of reality for some of these people in between fucking hot pockets and farmville.

You need to get over yourself.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:48:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The fact that you talk like you know the game but have no idea what is really going on has absolutely nothing to do with my ego.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:55:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact that you talk like you know the game but have no idea what is really going on has absolutely nothing to do with my ego.

I say that if I must bite my tongue and limit my beliefs in order for us the win in Afghanistan, then really, we'll will never really win anything.

We are suppose to be fighting for the very freedom to do this, not engaging in nation-building.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#10]
The problem with your idea is that it is contrary to our aims in the war on terror.

Since all the people serious about it already know the sad fact that we can't possibly kill everyone who becomes convinced that America and the west are at war with the Islamic faith, we instead must focus on a two pronged strategy.  On the one prong, we have our military and our intelligence agencies, whose job it is to kill the terrorists who we can identify.

The second, and much more critically important part, is to maintain and unwavering, rock solid stance against the ideology of our fanatical, extremist enemies.

This is accomplished by proving that their beliefs are untrue, and from our natural position on the moral high ground, depriving the enemy of his only strength, his ability to recruit new believers to make up for the ones killed or turned.

To win the war on terror, all we have to do is maintain our nerves with an iron and unshakable resolve. It's harder than it seems, because our free and open society allows every sort of scum the opportunity to float into the spotlight at some point or another. And because too many people become emotionally invested in more romantic, but less realistic, and least of all constructive, ideas about the war.  

It's too early to tell how many more good and decent people, American or otherwise, will die simply because one bottom of the barrel, probably pederast hustler wanted to get his name on the tee-vee and decided he'd profane the memory of the victims of 9/11 with his book burning hate-rally.

It is also too early to tell how many will die, and how long the war will be prolonged due to the vile, unamerican, Klan-throwback outrage which has been manufactured and stoked by irresponsible fools and evildoers in the media and also in the crack whorehouse house of the 'blogosphere.'

The aid these groups and individuals have given to our enemy is substantial, and since our freedom prevents us from dealing with them the way they probably ought to be dealt with , it is almost assured that in the final days of this war, some unlucky son or daughter  of our great nation will fall to a bullet or bomb which, had those of us back home simply put a little thought into how we act and what we say, and gotten behind the war effort, would not have been fired or set off.

It is apparently too much to ask of this current generation, that instead of thinking of new outrages to popularize their blog, or new spins to win slots blabbering on the idiot box, they'd take a moment to consider an old motto that served us well- Loose Lips Sink Ships - and zipped it up for America.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck Obama and fuck the democrats for using this war to gain political power . They should be tried for treason all of them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Now what does that say about our enemy? To me it seems that they are violent and irrational people and if burning a fucking book is what motivates them to commit acts of violence then it tells me what we've done in the last 9 years has been pointless and wasteful.

This is fucking asinine. We burn books, they behead infidels. We protest Mosques they kill soldiers. We need to take the blinders off and shed this political correct bullshit.

You really think this event is making our enemies doing anything different than they would normally do?

This WHOLE event is to deflect attention from what the media doesn't want to cover.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:04:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The problem with your idea is that it is contrary to our aims in the war on terror.

Since all the people serious about it already know the sad fact that we can't possibly kill everyone who becomes convinced that America and the west are at war with the Islamic faith, we instead must focus on a two pronged strategy.  On the one prong, we have our military and our intelligence agencies, whose job it is to kill the terrorists who we can identify.

The second, and much more critically important part, is to maintain and unwavering, rock solid stance against the ideology of our fanatical, extremist enemies.

This is accomplished by proving that their beliefs are untrue, and from our natural position on the moral high ground, depriving the enemy of his only strength, his ability to recruit new believers to make up for the ones killed or turned.

To win the war on terror, all we have to do is maintain our nerves with an iron and unshakable resolve. It's harder than it seems, because our free and open society allows every sort of scum the opportunity to float into the spotlight at some point or another. And because too many people become emotionally invested in more romantic, but less realistic, and least of all constructive, ideas about the war.  

It's too early to tell how many more good and decent people, American or otherwise, will die simply because one bottom of the barrel, probably pederast hustler wanted to get his name on the tee-vee and decided he'd profane the memory of the victims of 9/11 with his book burning hate-rally.

It is also too early to tell how many will die, and how long the war will be prolonged due to the vile, unamerican, Klan-throwback outrage which has been manufactured and stoked by irresponsible fools and evildoers in the media and also in the crack whorehouse house of the 'blogosphere.'

The aid these groups and individuals have given to our enemy is substantial, and since our freedom prevents us from dealing with them the way they probably ought to be dealt with , it is almost assured that in the final days of this war, some unlucky son or daughter  of our great nation will fall to a bullet or bomb which, had those of us back home simply put a little thought into how we act and what we say, and gotten behind the war effort, would not have been fired or set off.

It is apparently too much to ask of this current generation, that instead of thinking of new outrages to popularize their blog, or new spins to win slots blabbering on the idiot box, they'd take a moment to consider an old motto that served us well- Loose Lips Sink Ships - and zipped it up for America.

Quoted again

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:06:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand the Generals wishes and reasoning..

I understand the talking heads on the left and right saying it is the man's right to burn the book, but is it "right"

I understand the theory of poking the wasp nest...

what I dont understand is that they dont understand that there is no such thing as Moderate Islam,

they want you, or your kids or your grandkids to bow to Allah, thru coercion or fear, period.

I beleive in that our Governments involvment in constricting the rights on this particular nut case just proves to me

we have wasted the lives of 1000's of brave, loyal and honorable men and women...and

THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON, Islam will win in the end, our Political Correctness will be our destruction

BULLSHIT.

What is it that you people simply do not understand? The war we are in is a running PR battle between us and the Taliban trying to gather the support of the local Afghan populace. Whoever gains the support of the people will win this fight. Shit like this only sets us back farther and farther. If you are so interested in the validity of the men who died here you would not advocate something that would set us back.

I don't give two shits about Islam, that is not what we are fighting over here. We are fighting to restore a government so we don't have an anarchist void left over for our enemies to fill. Unfortunately the people that will allow this government to be established are muslims, and publicly disrespecting them is not going to accomplish anything in our favor.

He has a right to do it, but it blatantly reverses our efforts and puts us at more risk than we are already in. Anyone supporting this is a fucking idiot.

I would say listen to the guy there on the ground.

But daemon, everyone is in a "hate them all regardless" frenzy right now.  Maybe in a few weeks people will start thinking clearly again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:07:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He has a right to do it, but it blatantly reverses our efforts and puts us at more risk than we are already in. Anyone supporting this is a fucking idiot.

So are you saying that we should limit our freedom of speech?

There, I enlarged it because you apparantly missed it.

I said he can do it and should be able to, but the support should not be there from the populace (like ALL of you) for him to do so. Everyone is pretty fucking eager to stalwart our mission and make things harder for us because apparently everyone here is a legendary armchair tactician and you all know whats best for this conflict.

Big surprise.

VThokie has been missing stuff for 24 months.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:07:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck Obama and fuck the democrats for using this war to gain political power . They should be tried for treason all of them.

QFT

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:10:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Worked well in Viet Nam

I guess you missed this little OP called "Operation Iraqi Freedom", where years of stagnant conflict was rounded out into almost three years of fucking peace and quiet due to an aggressive surge and COIN campaign. Now they are flaring up again as we try to leave, but you know what? The government is in place and its not really our problem as much anymore. The troops are on their way out.

I don't care if anyone here takes me seriously. I would just like to interject a tiny bit of reality for some of these people in between fucking hot pockets and farmville.

Coming from you?  

Daemon, Vthokie is having a VERY bad year.  He is lost in his own little world right now and extremely hateful about it.  Reality isn't in his worldview at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:14:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I honestly don't care if it pisses them off, I am sure the guys dieing down in Helmand River Valley or out in RC East really can tell the difference between an IED put there because we were infidels and an IED but there because we come from the country of infidels that may burn Korans.  

By saying we won't do something based on what the enemy may get made and do, is actually giving in to terrorism.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I honestly don't care if it pisses them off, I am sure the guys dieing down in Helmand River Valley or out in RC East really can tell the difference between an IED put there because we were infidels and an IED but there because we come from the country of infidels that may burn Korans.  

By saying we won't do something based on what the enemy may get made and do, is actually giving in to terrorism.

Yup

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Here's what pisses me off about this whole thing:

We're supposed to shake in our boots overt what may offend these Muslims, as we're always hearing "Oh, we shouldn't do THAT - it might embolden them!  It might offend them and make them mad!", yet where the hell is the list of things THEY are supposed to fear about us?  Where's THEIR list of things they shouldn't do that will make US mad!?

What a fucked up situation - we're AFRAID of what will make our enemy angry!  This PC BS will be the ultimate end of the West.  Mark my words.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:31:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

We're supposed to shake in our boots overt what may offend these Muslims, as we're always hearing "Oh, we shouldn't do THAT - it might embolden them!  It might offend them and make them mad!", yet where the hell is the list of things THEY are supposed to fear about us?  Where's THEIR list of things they shouldn't do that will make US mad!?

What a fucked up situation - we're AFRAID of what will make our enemy angry!  This PC BS will be the ultimate end of the West.  Mark my words.

CMOS
And that's the real irony.   We refuse to see the problem for what it is.  We aren't at war with terrorists, any more than we were at war with Kamikazes in WWII.  We are at war with an ideology, an ideology that when they don't get their way or get offended, resorts to violence.  

People can scream and shout all they want about the Religion of Peace, but until the threats of violence end, I will continue to  have a different view.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Exactly

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bring our Troops home TODAY!!!

If we're not going to FIGHT this War............BRING THE TROOPS HOME!!!!

All in or all out

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:44:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I think what he the General is saying, not so well, is that it may turn moderates against the US troops, who will aid the enemy.

Other than that - WTF is a fanatical killer gonna do that they weren't already gonna do?

Edit: clarification

That's exactly his point...

It makes it easier for the Taliban to convince moderates NOT to aid US forces... Not to give us intel... Etc...

Arfcom has latched onto this stupid notion that the ONLY way it can hurt US forces is by 'causing someone to set a bomb', and followed that absurdity to it's conclusion: 'well, he was a radical anyway'....

A more apt example, is the situation facecd by US police forces, with local citizenry & gangs. The police need the locals to tell them about crime, or they have a damn hard time prosecuting.  If the locals sit there & don't report crime, the gangs can get away with anything...

Similarly, if the people of Afghanistan don't inform on the Taliban, we're fighting blind...

Something that 'America is there to kill Muslims, let's kill em all' crowd doesn't understand....

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:54:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

CMOS

It's not about FEAR, it's about propaganda and counter-propaganda.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Why don't we burn the Quran daily?  

At high noon we light'er up every day baby.  

Seems to me we need to root these fuckers out and kill them everyday.  

Just sayin......

Spoken like someone who has never seen combat.

Grow up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:14:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

An f-ing two way public relations campaign with radical muslims?  Are you kidding me?  

To argue with ignorant illiterate religioius fanatical idiots is beyond stupid.  

If that is the goal for this war, then we have indeed already lost.      

This is where you simply don't have enough of an understanding of the situation to figure this out.  

Like I said, 90% of the people here are simple fence-sitters who will sway whichever way benefits them more.  Every person here isn't a crazy radical ten minutes away from wearing a suicide vest as you insinuate.  in fact, the vast, vast majority aren't.

Once you can get that into your mind this discussion will be much less ridiculous.

I hope you're wrong on this.

If it's that high then this war should end now.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:18:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I think what he the General is saying, not so well, is that it may turn moderates against the US troops, who will aid the enemy.

Other than that - WTF is a fanatical killer gonna do that they weren't already gonna do?

It makes it easier for the Taliban to convince moderates NOT to aid US forces... Not to give us intel... Etc...

Arfcom has latched onto this stupid notion that the ONLY way it can hurt US forces is by 'causing someone to set a bomb', and followed that absurdity to it's conclusion: 'well, he was a radical anyway'....

A more apt example, is the situation facecd by US police forces, with local citizenry & gangs. The police need the locals to tell them about crime, or they have a damn hard time prosecuting.  If the locals sit there & don't report crime, the gangs can get away with anything...

Similarly, if the people of Afghanistan don't inform on the Taliban, we're fighting blind...

Something that 'America is there to kill Muslims, let's kill em all' crowd doesn't understand....

"endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort here."  

ARFCOM didnt make this up it was reported in the press .Why all the ARFCOM hate?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:21:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
 do you think that Muslims do not attempt to manipulate the media and public opinion to weaken our resolve?  I guess just since they say they are pissed...you would change SOP's out of respect.  

Great point.  I guess you must have missed the part where I explained this war in terms of being a FUCKING TWO WAY PUBLIC RELATIONS CAMPAIGN.
Given that the Quran burning may be the only news about the US that some of the villages get this month, it definitely undercuts a "hearts & mind" campaign. Hard for our troops to be the good guys when they're representing those that are burning the only book that the villagers may own.

We really have 2 options there. The first is to win the PR war to make a moderate .gov in Kabul more palatable than the Taliban/AQ/jihadist wackos and engage & destroy using fire& maneuver any Taliban force identified. The second is to kill all their imams&leaders, demolish the mosques, force them to convert to Christianity or die, and go Dresden on any village that dares resist. Given, by definition, that one cannot be forced to be a Christian, the only viable option is the first one.

Now that the idea is out of the bottle, my fear is that there will be faux video generated by 'Paliwood' and Photoshopped pix like the Lebanon bombing&Iran missiles so that the radicals can use as a means to stir up anti-US sentiment.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:26:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Daemon734

This is off topic, but stay safe and thanks for serving.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fucking genius.

Why don't you bring your ass over here on some foot patrols with me through the city and see what a great idea it is.  

Age restriction won't let me back in.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:34:32 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I would say listen to the guy there on the ground.

Yep.

I will preface this by saying that I have no military experience whatsoever.

It seems to me that when everyone in Afghanistan, from ground-pounders like daemon all the way up to Petraeus, says that this is a bad idea that we should listen. It appears that almost everyone who has posted in this thread who says that this is a bad idea is active duty. This should tell you something.

I've been reading a lot about insurgency and counter-insurgency in the last six years or so. Books by Galula, Nagl, the new Army/USMC COIN manual, etc. All of those seem to suggest that Petraeus is right when he says that this is a bad idea.

Based on this I agree with the General and the OP. I am not going to repeat what has already been said about the battle for fence sitters, nor am I going to quote the sixty years of literature on the topic of COIN.

But I would like to remind everyone that this is a long war that requires a long-term perspective. Is our desire for a fleeting catharsis that will do nothing to bring back those killed on 9/11 more important than nearly a decade's worth of work done by the US and coalition forces in Afghanistan? There is never any final, definitive battle in an insurgency on which the war depends. It is more like two camels, one representing the insurgent and one representing the COIN forces. Each killing, each instance of abuse, each negative act against the population from either side causes them to put a straw of blame on the back of one of the camels. This may not be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but do you really want to increase the distrust that the 80% of the Afghans who are undecided feel against us?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#33]
To me the real issue is why did the press feel it was important to broadcast this story? Hell I never heard of this koran burning until the General commented on it.

Furthermore I heard a sound bite of obama saying that he admired GW for standing up to this kind of bigotry. It kind of made me feel that obama was not such a bad guy for a few moments then I regained my senses
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:41:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

To me the real issue is why did the press feel it was important to broadcast this story? Hell I never heard of this koran burning until the General commented on it.
I think it is obvious.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Daemon734

Agreed, and I agree with what you are saying Daemon....

Some here like to say "there is no such thing as moderate Muslims..."  If you believe that, then what do you propose?  "Kill 'em all and lot God sort them out"?

Someone who thinks like that is as much of a monster as the terrorists...

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it is obvious.

I am not always good at the obvious.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Daemon734

Agreed, and I agree with what you are saying Daemon....

Some here like to say "there is no such thing as moderate Muslims..."  If you believe that, then what do you propose?  "Kill 'em all and lot God sort them out"?

Someone who thinks like that is as much of a monster as the terrorists...

I think what some are saying is .If you get your head chopped off for burning a koran is the chopper really a moderate.

Stay safe Daemon
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort here."  

ARFCOM didnt make this up it was reported in the press .Why all the ARFCOM hate?

Here's how I see it as endangering troops.

There have already been protests about this in Afghanistan and other Muslim countries. As we all know, the Muslim idea of "protest" is more akin to what we might call a small riot, with flag and effigy burnings and one or two imams who look at whipping up the crowd as a path to fame and influence, not unlike our own Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson.

This really poses no threat to Americans when it takes place in Cairo, Amman or Damascus. But when it takes place in Kabul, where Coalition forces are providing security and will very likely be called in to disperse these riots, the danger of things going bad increases.

As the British learned on Bloody Sunday and the South Africans learned in the Townships, using solders as policemen almost always results in bloodshed. Soldiers are, by definition, trained to fight and kill, to neutralize threats in the most efficient way possible. If you have ever read interviews with soldiers or riot police who have faced mobs, such as those in Northern Ireland or Chicago in 1968, they all say that there is a constant fear of being overrun, as rioters almost always outnumber the forces of order sent to counteract them. This, combined with the confusion of a riot, will often lead to soldiers doing the only thing that seems reasonable when they are under attack - shoot to kill.

The immediate effects of shooting can either disperse the crowd in fear or motivate them to further bloodlust, but they are not nearly as important as the long-term effects, especially in the age of mass media. Damage control, as the Israelis have found out time and again, is notoriously difficult, especially on an international scale when your side is already suspect. The facts on the ground are quickly twisted by those with an agenda, and footage and photographs are selectively screened for their effect. Men with baseball bats and Molotovs are supplanted by bleeding women and dead children. This becomes propaganda which can be used to either recruit new fighters or to win over the population into simple non-compliance with the COIN forces.

Ultimately, the best strategy for handling the outcome of a riot or protest is one of pre-emption. This is best achieved by not giving the population a reason to riot or protest in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:49:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it is obvious.

I am not always good at the obvious.
The media and leftists love fawning over the Koran.  They also love controversy, making America look bad and usurping our values. They hit the jackpot on this one.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#40]
The MSM is playing this one beautifully.  The MSM NEVER would have hesitated to run with a story, whether it endangered our boys or not......if it would have ridiculed GWB.  Hell, the MSM is getting a two-fer.....They get to fuck with the troops and make Christians look like cave-men.

Why won't the MSM advertise all the other things that make the muzzies mad at us?  Maybe Patreus could advocate the discontinuation of ass-sex, generalized Hollywood debauchery.......maybe we can strip away some basic rights from women and we won't even have a war anymore!

Fucking ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

The MSM is playing this one beautifully.  The MSM NEVER would have hesitated to run with a story, whether it endangered our boys or not......if it would have ridiculed GWB.  Hell, the MSM is getting a two-fer.....They get to fuck with the troops and make Christians look like cave-men.

Why won't the MSM advertise all the other things that make the muzzies mad at us?  Maybe Patreus could advocate the discontinuation of ass-sex, generalized Hollywood debauchery.......maybe we can strip away some basic rights from women and we won't even have a war anymore!

Fucking ridiculous.
This man gets it as well.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fucking ridiculous.

Good point .I think the number one thing that endangers our troops the most is our  American way of life and our culture. secondly is our pacifist democrat leaders who are now in charge.. The only real way to insure our troops stay safe is to convert to islam.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

An f-ing two way public relations campaign with radical muslims?  Are you kidding me?  

This is where you simply don't have enough of an understanding of the situation to figure this out.  

Like I said, 90% of the people here are simple fence-sitters who will sway whichever way benefits them more.  Every person here isn't a crazy radical ten minutes away from wearing a suicide vest as you insinuate.  in fact, the vast, vast majority aren't.

Once you can get that into your mind this discussion will be much less ridiculous.

Seems pretty typical of the region and culture as a whole. So let me ask you this, since most of them are at best opportunists and at worst backstabbing selfish reaving scum, does this mean that we will have to have a presence indefinitely? Will my kids kids still talk about the garrisons in Afghanistan like I did about Germany growing up? And is the larger reason for that so that we can remain in the region as a counter to a militant Iran?

Thank you for your service and watch your ass.

ETA:  

Is a stable democracy viable in a state that is still largely a clan based society within borders set by foreign (British) powers during the colonial period? Are they capable of being a "nation" where they can pledge allegiance to the nation rather than merely being clan representatives? I see that as a huge problem to extricating ourselves from AFG in the future. Without the big stick of the US military what will happen?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#44]
I recall there was some concern during WW2 that if we invade the homeland of Imperial Japan, they would be "emboldened."

Trying to remember what the solution was to that problem...

I don't think it was surrender.

-3D
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#45]

so 90% are fence setters until we burn a book. Once that book is burned, then they are no longer helpful to us, but rather assist the opposition.

that seems to indicate (to me) that they were already leaning to the opposition.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:39:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I, [name], do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Petraeus needs to re-read the oath he took at some point in his career.

The pastor, or any American, has a Constitutional right to burn a Koran.  The exercise of that right will likely have repercussions making implementing US policy in the middle east more difficult and result in increased US casualties, but the world, including the middle east, needs to know that in the US certain things things are such a part of our culture we will defend them regardless of the cost.  The right to speak freely, to criticize and to peacefully advocate or argue our differing points of view is at the very foundation of American society.  The right to express and advocate unpopular opinions, and to criticize even the most powerful institutions, including government and religion is sacrosanct.  Defending the free exercise of those rights goes to the very heart of self-governance.  It is the very reason for national defense and the US military.  If the US government, with all its military might cannot or will not accept the burden of protecting and defending the rights guaranteed us by the Constitution because of the demands or reactions of another country, organization, or individual, our national sovereignty is at stake.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
 do you think that Muslims do not attempt to manipulate the media and public opinion to weaken our resolve?  I guess just since they say they are pissed...you would change SOP's out of respect.  

Great point.  I guess you must have missed the part where I explained this war in terms of being a FUCKING TWO WAY PUBLIC RELATIONS CAMPAIGN.

You mean like this "pastor" that wants to burn the Koran?

Sure he has the right to do it, and thank God for that.  It's just really fucking pointless and irresponsible, a lot like the GZ Mosque.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Bring our Troops home TODAY!!!

If we're not going to FIGHT this War............BRING THE TROOPS HOME!!!!

We are doing plenty of fighting, who the fuck are you to say we aren't?  

A conventional conflict cannot be waged against an enemy who has no conventional army. That does not mean we are not fighting, it only means the tactics have to be changed to meet the threat.  

I have lost friends in the past week to this fighting that you seem to think is not happening.  In the past couple months I have seen firefights, ambushes initiated by us, and a half dozen airstrikes danger close to me.  Some of you have no fucking clue.

I think he's saying that your CIC is not committed to fighting the war long-term.  Troop withdrawals begin in 4 months.  

If I were an Afghan villager I would hunker down because you're not going to be winning my 'heart or mind'.

Nobody is going anywhere in 4 months.

Military Coup? (j/k)

Seriously, I do hope that the troop draw-down takes many, many years so the military can finish their job there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking ridiculous.
This man gets it as well.

First let me say....I agree with you guys.

I would love to see what all of the people in this country would say if they seen the text in the Koran that says others dont convert to Islam, they should be killed.

ANYONE who is of the islam faith and believes thier Koran.....Is not moderate.

I wish someone with MSM stroke would start advertising this and see if we cant get this country to pull together on this one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I, [name], do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Petraeus needs to re-read the oath he took at some point in his career.

The pastor, or any American, has a Constitutional right to burn a Koran.  The exercise of that right will likely have repercussions making implementing US policy in the middle east more difficult and result in increased US casualties, but the world, including the middle east, needs to know that in the US certain things things are such a part of our culture we will defend them regardless of the cost.  The right to speak freely, to criticize and to peacefully advocate or argue our differing points of view is at the very foundation of American society.  The right to express and advocate unpopular opinions, and to criticize even the most powerful institutions, including government and religion is sacrosanct.  Defending the free exercise of those rights goes to the very heart of self-governance.  It is the very reason for national defense and the US military.  If the US government, with all its military might cannot or will not accept the burden of protecting and defending the rights guaranteed us by the Constitution because of the demands or reactions of another country, organization, or individual, our national sovereignty is at stake.  

well said
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top