Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Full auto AKs for $50!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#2]
No, you and your GF are not wrong. I would not move to South Africa.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:09:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I would visit.

Here's a vid of a right whale swimming under a sailboat

Call me Ishmael!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]
South Africa? Fuck that.

I'll only move back if they put Aparteid back.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I went hunting in South Africa in the summer of '05. We flew into Johannesburg, where customs attempted to confiscate our rifles (a Winchester Pre-64 Model 70 in .30-06 and a Ranger Arms custom 7mm). I was 19 at the time and had done the paperwork for the rifles under my name for the trip. You have to be 21 to own any sort of firearm there and they raised a shitstorm at the customs center over it. All the agents were blacks and spoke terrible english, so it took almost an hour just to figure out wtf was going on. We (my mom, sister and I) started freaking out because we didnt know wtf to do about this BS but our outfitter found us at just the right time. He spoke with them in africaans for awhile and eventually handed them a paper sack, which we later found out had some cash and a few coca-colas in it . They let us do some other paper work and eventually leave with the rifles, and we headed up to Lephalale to the lodge.

The drive through Jo-burg and Pretoria was fascinating, it was my first time out of the US. But even from the highway, the slums looked indescribably squalid. I'll post some pics when I get home later. Once we left the urban areas the landscape reminded me of south and west Texas. Extremely arid and mostly flat. The rest of the hunt went great and was a blast. At dinner one night, our outfitter (a middle-aged, native born, land owning white) told us he was planning on moving his operation out of South Africa, to either Australia or New Zealand. Apparently, the blacks in the government are fucking the wealthy whites every which way possible, and they are fed up with it. From what he, every other white employee there and my later research has told me, damn near every white is GTFO now. He was trampled to death on an elephant hunt 2 years after I went, but his wife was still arranging to move the company.

It was an awsome trip and was extremely enlightening, but I sure as FUCK would not be moving to South Africa in the next decade or two...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
HELL NO ! .
Go to Youtube and type in " South Africa crime "
However with that said I would like to and be willing to visit there .

But living there = no way .

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#7]
You can get a similiar housing deal in good old Detroit and never have to leave the country.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't move there. I have no reason to.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The land is beautiful. The government is not.

In South Africa every taxpayer is supporting three welfare leeches. Why would you want to help the marxist ANC and it's wealth redistribution schemes?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I went hunting in South Africa in the summer of '05. We flew into Johannesburg, where customs attempted to confiscate our rifles (a Winchester Pre-64 Model 70 in .30-06 and a Ranger Arms custom 7mm). I was 19 at the time and had done the paperwork for the rifles under my name for the trip. You have to be 21 to own any sort of firearm there and they raised a shitstorm at the customs center over it. All the agents were blacks and spoke terrible english, so it took almost an hour just to figure out wtf was going on. We (my mom, sister and I) started freaking out because we didnt know wtf to do about this BS but our outfitter found us at just the right time. He spoke with them in africaans for awhile and eventually handed them a paper sack, which we later found out had some cash and a few coca-colas in it . They let us do some other paper work and eventually leave with the rifles, and we headed up to Lephalale to the lodge.

The drive through Jo-burg and Pretoria was fascinating, it was my first time out of the US. But even from the highway, the slums looked indescribably squalid. I'll post some pics when I get home later. Once we left the urban areas the landscape reminded me of south and west Texas. Extremely arid and mostly flat. The rest of the hunt went great and was a blast. At dinner one night, our outfitter (a middle-aged, native born, land owning white) told us he was planning on moving his operation out of South Africa, to either Australia or New Zealand. Apparently, the blacks in the government are fucking the wealthy whites every which way possible, and they are fed up with it. From what he, every other white employee there and my later research has told me, damn near every white is GTFO now. He was trampled to death on an elephant hunt 2 years after I went, but his wife was still arranging to move the company.

It was an awsome trip and was extremely enlightening, but I sure as FUCK would not be moving to South Africa in the next decade or two...

My buddy is from Rhodesia, born and played for their national rugby team.   He was a farmer with his father and was run out of the country because they wanted his land.  

They now want him to come back and farm the land because they can't.   He said no fucking way.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#11]
O Hell no....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I have no intention of dying in Africa, so no, I would not go.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#13]
She wants to test those new rape condom insert thingys.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife's former company had a web office in South Africa.   They wanted to send her there to train them on her job when she gave notice.  I told her no fucking way.  Those guys can come here.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#15]
When Mandela kicks the bucket the blacks will massacre whatever whites are still in the country.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#16]
No.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Worse than Detroit.
SA was nice during the pre Mandela regime..

Nice for white people maybe.

Well, um, I'll have a coke then...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#18]
See this thread for my answer...

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?171964-SA-Farm-Murders

Nineteen pages of innocent white South Africans being brutally murdered.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Not everyone is as chickenshit as the GD arfcommer.

Having said that, I have no desire to go anywhere that English is not the primary language. I have an Arfcom fear of furiners.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Worse than Detroit.

SA was nice during the pre Mandela regime..

Nice for white people maybe.

Well, um, I'll have a coke then...

The thing you have to ask yourself is: "Is South Africa nicer for the average black man, now that he is 'free' from apartheid?"

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Only to work there as a Merc or body guard, with a guaranteed safe ticket out (i.e. helicopter, boat to a waiting vessel that was heavily armed) when things start to get real bad.

South Africa...It would be interesting to see one day.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#22]
How are the SA hookers and blow?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How are the SA hookers and blow?

How much do you like AIDS?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#24]
according to my wife, who is originally from SA (moved to AU when she was 16 because... of the obvious) cape town is fairly mild as far as violence goes. there are a lot worse places to live in SA.

that being said, she'll NEVER move back there because of the way things have gone and are currently going. hell, she doesn't even want to visit ( i want to myself, mainly because of family friends of theirs who would take me hunting)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top