Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How about they do something christ-like, like, oh I dunno, feeding the needy instead of practicing the same type of intolerant hatred they are protesting.  Morons.

This.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Sounds like appeasement to me....those who hate us are not going to hate us any less because a couple of korans are set afire.

Yeah but the ones that dont hate us will be pissed off. Shit like this played right into the terrorist hands piss off  Muslims into fighting who would have otherwise not fought.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Some church make a threat to burn books, doesn't even do it yet and the
members of the religion of peace already start burning the effigy of the church's pastor-

Gee, who saw that coming?

And given the danger the troops are already in I can not see how a Koran burning can increase it-

Lets look at it the other way-
Would/will not having the Koran burning cause our enemies to stop shooting, use fewer, smaller IED's, etc.?

Not hardly-

By the way, I think burning books, any books, is an asinine meaningless gesture- and the ROP reaction is just as meaningless
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like appeasement to me....those who hate us are not going to hate us any less because a couple of korans are set afire.

Yeah but the ones that dont hate us will be pissed off. Shit like this played right into the terrorist hands piss off  Muslims into fighting who would have otherwise not fought.

You would make a great democrat.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
How about they do something christ-like, like, oh I dunno, feeding the needy instead of practicing the same type of intolerant hatred they are protesting.  Morons.
A lot of Christians aren't very Christian anymore.

True.  Change "Muslim" to pot smoker and the Koran to "High TImes" , and you would have a "Christian" or two here calling for their heads and encouraging the book burning.  I recall a thread a while back where the question was "Could you marry an ex-prostitute" and one of our Christians preaching tolerance in this thread said "once a whore, always a whore"  –– Very Christlike––  Some of the Christians in this thread calling for tolarance and "why don't they spend their time feeding the needy (not you specifically crush) instead of wasting it on this crap" applauded Midland TExas for running the Swingers out of town.  How about a little consistency?  Tolerate things you like, but still turn around and do the opposite on things you don't?

Why does every thread even remotely related to religion have to turn into an atheist Christian-bashing orgy?

To hear you true believers tell it, Christians are the only religion capable of hypocrisy...

Tell me, why are you atheists such fanatics for trying to convert everyone else to your non-belief?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't see that happening.  The Mullahs have been telling their people that all Americans constantly do stuff like this (or much , much, worse like helping Jews collect babies' blood to make Matzoh) for decades.  They would have heard it all before.  Those who hate us will still hate us and those who do not will still focus on living their lives without caring too much what some knuckleheads in Florida did.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take off the goggles dude.  Not everything is fucking political.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah that's standard here some one says something you dont agree with they are a fucking liberal.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

True.  Change "Muslim" to pot smoker and the Koran to "High TImes" , and you would have a "Christian" or two here calling for their heads and encouraging the book burning.  I recall a thread a while back where the question was "Could you marry an ex-prostitute" and one of our Christians preaching tolerance in this thread said "once a whore, always a whore"  –– Very Christlike––  Some of the Christians in this thread calling for tolarance and "why don't they spend their time feeding the needy (not you specifically crush) instead of wasting it on this crap" applauded Midland TExas for running the Swingers out of town.  How about a little consistency?  Tolerate things you like, but still turn around and do the opposite on things you don't?

Why does every thread even remotely related to religion have to turn into an atheist Christian-bashing orgy?

To hear you true believers tell it, Christians are the only religion capable of hypocrisy...

Tell me, why are you atheists such fanatics for trying to convert everyone else to your non-belief?

I'm not an athiest. I'm a Catholic. I was pointing out to my Christain bretheran preaching "tolerance" in this thread, that they need to get a little consistancy.   When you go from thread to thread and the same posters switch from "tolerance" to "intolerance" it gets a little hard to take their claim at being Christian seriously. Either be consistent and MYOB and "tolerant" on every issue, or don't criticise others for being intolerant when you cannot manage to be so yourself.  The criticism is one of hypocrisy and consistancy, not belief.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah that's standard here some one says something you dont agree with they are a fucking liberal.

No doubt, the Groupthink is strong in ARFCOM GD.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Speak for yourself.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When faced with conflict, there are two types of people.  
Those who grab their nuts - and those who grab their ankles.  Sorry if it offends you, but the democrats and ROP-appeasers are the latter.
Tip-toeing around on eggshells is not how Free Men handle themselves against an enemy willing to use ANY excuse to murder us.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nothing upholds the teachings of Christ more than a good old-fashioned Koran burning.

Exactly. All they need to do is ask the question "What would Jesus do?" Jesus would not be proud of his followers burning the Koran. I'm no fan of Islam and what the followers of Islam have done in the world but this accomplishes nothing of value and gives Christians a bad name. They should do something productive like helping the needy.

I seriously hope that Church has some good security in place.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny how that 1st Amendment seems to only apply to burning US flags and urinating on Christian symbols and nothing else.

Do your fuckin job General Petraeus and support and defend the Constitution, including the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights.
They can burn books its just fucking stupid.

I kinda think thats the idea.

I think they are trying to show that the left fucktards only believe in preserving the freedoms they support, namely burning the flag and pissing on a cross.

While the idea of burning the koran is somehow "way over the top" and insensitive.

The outcry is that we should not stoop to their level, but that is completely lost on some people who can't take off their political goggles.  

Also, the same people raving about the Islamization of America are the same ones who constantly talk about fighting all these damn wars over there.  

News Flash......just ask the Romans.   The more you interact (wars and meddling) with these people; the more influence they will have on your society.  The Left will make sure of that.  

The truly patriotic and best argument for non-intervention, but many just can't seem to understand that.

I'm completely with you on that.  The Saudi royals would disapprove of your post, though.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing upholds the teachings of Christ more than a good old-fashioned Koran burning.

Exactly. All they need to do is ask the question "What would Jesus do?" Jesus would not be proud of his followers burning the Koran. I'm no fan of Islam and what the followers of Islam have done in the world but this accomplishes nothing of value and gives Christians a bad name. They should do something productive like helping the needy.

I seriously hope that Church has some good security in place.

Considering what Islam represents and the things that have been done in its name over the centuries I tend to think Jesus would bring gasoline to help light the fire.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those who grab their nuts - and those who grab their ankles.  Sorry if it offends you, but the democrats and ROP-appeasers are the latter.

Tip-toeing around on eggshells is not how Free Men handle themselves against an enemy willing to use ANY excuse to murder us.

Yes, because that is exactly what he said.  So let me get this straight.  Not wanting to burn books because it is not something we do, and may even have a negative impact for our troops - means that one is a Democrat and an ROP appeaser.  

Good grief, lay off the propaganda for awhile, and try analyzing the situation in a rational deductive manner.

And we wonder where mass movements get their members.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#18]
While I agree that burning other peoples religious texts is stupid and inflammatory, any acts of violence against US troops overseas will show just how petty and backwards the ROP really is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
bottom line, anything we do will endanger our troops.

Bottom line, hey Petraeus, they are already shooting at our guys. What's new? Besides, when they defame Jews and Christians both are expected to turn the other cheek and understand.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Gainesville FL....yeah I'm here...They still don't have a permit from the city but they vow to have the bonfire regardless...I don't see their efforts achieving too much in any direction

Bunch of idiotic attention seekers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Petraeus gets one herpaderp.

Looks like he's losing his fucking sanity.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I think they should pray over the korans instead. The radical nutcases will still get pissed off, though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gainesville FL....yeah I'm here...They still don't have a permit from the city but they vow to have the bonfire regardless...I don't see their efforts achieving too much in any direction

Bunch of idiotic attention seekers.

Agreed...its not the kind of infamy Gaineville really needs...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, because that is exactly what he said.  So let me get this straight.  Not wanting to burn books because it is not something we do, and may even have a negative impact for our troops - means that one is a Democrat and an ROP appeaser.  

Good grief, lay off the propaganda for awhile, and try analyzing the situation in a rational deductive manner.

And we wonder where mass movements get their members.

Are you referring to the Tea Party?  

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#25]
A couple of things come to mind on this:

1.)  How is it an insult to Islam if 10 guys get together in North Florida and burn Korans?  10 people out of 300 plus million wow the humanity.
2.)  When the Saudi's confiscate Bible's, Torah's, crucifixes, etc. do you think they take care to treat them with respect and return them to Israel or the Vatican?
3.)  They should ban the sale of Koran's in the US to protect them from Infidel book burnings, after all it's for the children.

FBHO
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dude, no need to burn anything.  What's with the hate?

You need to pay better attention to the world around you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
bottom line, anything we do will endanger our troops.

Yep.

opposition to the mosque at ground zero causes the same thing.

They hate us already, now they gonna hate us more?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm all out of give a fuck.

Those fuckers danced in the streets on 9/11/01....fuck 'em.

Pretty much

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#29]
It does not matter WHO is burning WHAT book , when anyone is burning any books - only Nazi Germany comes to mind.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#30]
They seriously think this will CAUSE tensions between muslims and America?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#31]
this is so funny that it happening in gay and lesbian friendly lefty wacko Gainesville.

as far as I know we have not accepted sharia law yet so let them burn the books
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Funny how that 1st Amendment seems to only apply to burning US flags and urinating on Christian symbols and nothing else.

Do your fuckin job General Petraeus and support and defend the Constitution, including the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

And what are those headcutting cavemen gonna do anyway if they are offended? Try to kill our troops? Like they've been doing for the past 9 years? Behead their victims twice instead of once? Fuck em.

KIll them. Leave the fucking to their camels.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#33]
so, we shouldn't burn korans in fear of angering them?
boo fuckin hoo torch that shit up, tolerance my ass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#34]
As a rule, I don't care for the burning of any books. But that's just me.

Having said that, it's pretty silly to think that Muslins who tolerate us now won't tolerate us after a few Korans are burned. Pretty much the ones who are pre-disposed to hate us are going to hate us regardless if Korans are burned or not.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

I don't see how its any different than oh i dunno building a mosque at ground zero. Or drawing a cartoon of Muhammud.
Plus who says they don't feed the needy? Maybe some of the proceeds they make goes to that.
Throughout history Christians would "insult" religions that they considered false or destroy idols in order to prove their own religion was true.

Why heres the story of Saint Stephen of Perm:
Although his destruction of pagan idols (e.g., holy birches) earned him the wrath of some Permians, Pimen, the Metropolitan of All Rus', created him as the first bishop of Perm'. In the manuscript illumination (illustration) Saint Stephan of Perm cuts down a birch sacred to the Komi people as part of his proselytizing among them in the years after 1383. His profanation of their shrines and cult images incurred their hostility.

Lets here it for kick ass saints everyone!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#36]
<CoC>
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#37]
"See, my son, the infidels don't even respect your holy book! Now will you put down your books and join the jihad, now that you have seen their hatred for your religion?"

I swear, this really isn't that difficult if you sit down and think about it for more than 2 seconds. Church in Gainesville acts like a bunch of fucking children, and more Muslims are led towards the extremists.

Its just what Bin Laden wants.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Stupid comment by Betrayus. Our troops are already in danger in case he doesn't know it. The General might need to review casualty reports
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Stupid comment by Betrayus. Our troops are already in danger in case he doesn't know it. The General might need to review casualty reports

That danger is going to increase, just like it did after Abu Ghraib.

Go back to DU with that Betrayus bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"See, my son, the infidels don't even respect your holy book! Now will you put down your books and join the jihad, now that you have seen their hatred for your religion?"

I swear, this really isn't that difficult if you sit down and think about it for more than 2 seconds. Church in Gainesville acts like a bunch of fucking children, and more Muslims are led towards the extremists.

out of

WTF dude, you said it yourself.

See, my son , the INFIDELS ......

So if we dont burn the books it goes like this.....

See, my son, the might of Allah is winning over the morons of the great satan, and with your suicide bombing of a church they will further see the truth .

It doesnt fucking matter what we do, they are 6 th century BC fucking heathen fuckstains who need to be stabbed in the eye with a fucking M7 only after watching their holy fucktarded suicide manual koran piece of shit toilet

paper is too good for it , burned by a fucking american made Zippo

Fuck the koran, and fuck those boy fucking assholes who read it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
burn the koran, plant an ied, draw muhamed... shoot at a convoy....

i am honestky at the point i don't give a shit. IF it would affect relations with our allies there and they are GOOD allies <not the type that run as soon as the heat is applied> then i might care. just being there puts our troops at risk. it would be a coc violation to post how i really feel about it.

</thread>

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The  "muslim street"  if the idiots proceed with their plan to publicly burn a koran:

The "muslim street" if the idiots refrain from publicly burning a koran:

The Halitosis is strong with those pictures...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

out of

WTF dude, you said it yourself.

See, my son , the INFIDELS ......

So if we dont burn the books it goes like this.....

See, my son, the might of Allah is winning over the morons of the great satan, and with your suicide bombing of a church they will further see the truth .

It doesnt fucking matter what we do, they are 6 th century BC fucking heathen fuckstains who need to be stabbed in the eye with a fucking M7 only after watching their holy fucktarded suicide manual koran piece of shit toilet

paper is too good for it , burned by a fucking american made Zippo

Fuck the koran, and fuck those boy fucking assholes who read it.

No, look at it from the kids point of view. He doesn't see the Americans as bad guys. But once they start burning his holy book, he does. If someone started pissing on your holy book, wouldn't you get pissed off?

The same damn thing happened after Abu Ghraib broke. Attacks ticked upwards because more people were pissed off by it. Petraeus is absolutely correct.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I'm just as upset by Korans being burned as every suicide vest tailor in Buttfuckistan is when someone lights an American flag on fire.
Oh, and here's a protip for the Army brass:  they want to kill you anyway.
Dude, if you're gonna be in my head, can you tidy up a bit while you're there? Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about they do something christ-like, like, oh I dunno, feeding the needy instead of practicing the same type of intolerant hatred they are protesting. Morons.

You guys have heard of the Crusades right?

Those years following hundreds of years of Muslim oppression and the forceful taking of Christian lands by Muslims...yeah, I heard of them.

Sorry darlin...I hate that fekkin excuse every frappin time I hear it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The  "muslim street"  if the idiots proceed with their plan to publicly burn a koran:

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/images/2007/06/20/islamic_rage_boy.jpg

The "muslim street" if the idiots refrain from publicly burning a koran:

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/islamic_rage_boy.jpg

My My looky at the round smiles them halfgans got must be from the muslin sword swallowing

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about they do something christ-like, like, oh I dunno, feeding the needy instead of practicing the same type of intolerant hatred they are protesting. Morons.

Those years following hundreds of years of Muslim oppression and the forceful taking of Christian lands by Muslims...yeah, I heard of them.

I don't hear any boohooing about the christian ministries in Nigeria that just had their whole town slaughter by those peaceful basturds

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
While I agree that burning other peoples religious texts is stupid and inflammatory, any acts of violence against US troops overseas will show just how petty and backwards the ROP really is.

This
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't hear any boohooing about the christian ministries in Nigeria that just had their whole town slaughter by those peaceful basturds

I have not heard about this
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#50]
This is just one more small development that is leading up to the major clash that is about to occur between Christianity and Islam. You can just see it building a little day by day. Their side has been playing this "Jihad" game for a long time and taking it seriously. It just seems that folks in the west are just now starting to catch on and reciprocate. This is just going to get more and more ugly as time goes on. The savagery that we've witnessed over the course of history from Islamofascists (especially recent history) has sparked a form of hate that wasn't previously there. In essence, those among them who wanted a holy war may be about to get their wish.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top