Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This is just one more small development that is leading up to the major clash that is about to occur between Christianity and Islam. You can just see it building a little day by day. Their side has been playing this "Jihad" game for a long time and taking it seriously. It just seems that folks in the west are just now starting to catch on and reciprocate. This is just going to get more and more ugly as time goes on. The savagery that we've witnessed over the course of history from Islamofascists (especially recent history) has sparked a form of hate that wasn't previously there. In essence, those among them who wanted a holy war may be about to get their wish.

You think only the enemy wants a religious war? Plenty of people in this thread are hell bent on giving Bin Laden just the sort of religious war he pines for.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Why bother burning it, it might start something else on fire, why not shred it and recycle maybe make childrens books or Kleanex from them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Those pictures remind me so much of the Gieco commercials, "So easy a Caveman can do it"
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not going to complain about it one way or the other.  Its their right to burn them if they want.

If I was an enlisted man/woman I would have enlisted with the knowledge that some asshat in the middle east wouldn't like anything my people will do, or their very existence.

I don't see this as a problem. Neither should Petraeus.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is just one more small development that is leading up to the major clash that is about to occur between Christianity and Islam. You can just see it building a little day by day. Their side has been playing this "Jihad" game for a long time and taking it seriously. It just seems that folks in the west are just now starting to catch on and reciprocate. This is just going to get more and more ugly as time goes on. The savagery that we've witnessed over the course of history from Islamofascists (especially recent history) has sparked a form of hate that wasn't previously there. In essence, those among them who wanted a holy war may be about to get their wish.

You think only the enemy wants a religious war? Plenty of people in this thread are hell bent on giving Bin Laden just the sort of religious war he pines for.

What I'm saying is that there didn't use to be much hate for Islam in the western world. Sure, many thought of them as being backwards and perhaps a bit crazy. But there was no real hate, at least not among any sizable group of people. But now, it just seems more and more people...people who didn't give two shits about Islam 20 years ago....are today very opposed to people of that faith. In many cases, "hate" seems a more appropriate word to describe the feelings of westerners toward Islam. And the weird thing is, this doesn't seem to be a direct result of 9/11. Following 9/11, you saw a few things happen. But for the most part, Americans and westerners didn't condemn the religion as a whole. However, it seems that over the past few years, the level of hate I am seeing has dramatically increased. This Koran burning thing just seems to be one more thing to add to the ever growing rage. It just seems people have suddenly become fed up with Islam. And this isn't just in America. Many European nations have been even more vocal with anti-Islam messages.

BTW, I'm not saying this is right. I'm just noting my observations and wondering what the primary triggers are for this change in feelings toward Islam. There's far more hate out there today than immediately after 9/11. It is palpable. Surely I am not the only person who has sensed this shift.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BTW, I'm not saying this is right. I'm just noting my observations and wondering what the primary triggers are for this change in feelings toward Islam. There's far more hate out there today than immediately after 9/11. It is palpable. Surely I am not the only person who has sensed this shift.

I agree completely. President Bush went out of his way to make sure people understood that not every Muslim was trying to kill us. No one on the right is continuing that message anymore.

It used to be people would be excoriated for doing things which would put the troops in greater danger. Now its celebrated.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bin Laden is an extremist, right?  Well, shouldn't the moderate muslims not be influenced by the propaganda spewed by Bin Laden?  Shouldn't the moderates try to understand and educate the members of this church?

I am really glad the US didn't give Imperial Japan all of these courtesies.  Oh, that's right, the US just imprisoned Americans of Japanese descent for no reason whatsoever.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
As for me, my 'toleration' for Islam has come to an end. I won't tolerate a religion which openly advocates murdering me and my family, treating women like property, the implementation of theocracy worldwide, etc. etc. Islam is wholly and completely incomparable with American values and my personal values.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/06/florida.quran.burning/

(CNN) –– The U.S. commander in Afghanistan on Monday criticized a Florida church's plan to burn copies of the Quran on September 11, warning the demonstration "could cause significant problems" for American troops overseas.

"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort in Afghanistan," Gen. David Petraeus said in a statement issued Monday.

I frankly don't care if they burn books or not - burn enough of 'em and I'll start a publishing company - then we could get along fabulously, qurans, bibles, whatever - but when Petraeus stoops to making political comments on things of this nature, it would suit me fine if he was fired for incompetence. His remarks make him sound like an O-Bot.

Like others have said, they already hate us, they're just grasping at straws if they try to use this as justification for that hate,

Further, no, I don't think it's un-Christian to protest by burning books, beyond being a waste of time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
So they are worried that this might cause our units whose job it is to get into gun fights more likely to get into gun fights.

No shit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#11]
WHY THE HECK DO MUSLIMS COMPLAIN ABOUT BURNING QURANS?
THE FIRST QURAN BURNING EVER WAS BY MUSLIMS THEMSELVES!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny how that 1st Amendment seems to only apply to burning US flags and urinating on Christian symbols and nothing else.

Do your fuckin job General Petraeus and support and defend the Constitution, including the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights.
They can burn books its just fucking stupid.

I kinda think thats the idea.

I think they are trying to show that the left fucktards only believe in preserving the freedoms they support, namely burning the flag and pissing on a cross.

While the idea of burning the koran is somehow "way over the top" and insensitive.

Yeah fuck being the better person. If you sink to an idiots level they will win they have more experience.

You must have missed the whole part of the Bible where Jesus went into the Temple and took a whip to some people x2. Just because some people are Christian doesn't mean they have to lie down and be walked all over to be a better person. They achieve that by not raping boys, animals, and throwing acid in the face of women.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny how that 1st Amendment seems to only apply to burning US flags and urinating on Christian symbols and nothing else.

Do your fuckin job General Petraeus and support and defend the Constitution, including the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

I think they are trying to show that the left fucktards only believe in preserving the freedoms they support, namely burning the flag and pissing on a cross.

While the idea of burning the koran is somehow "way over the top" and insensitive.

Yeah fuck being the better person. If you sink to an idiots level they will win they have more experience.

You must have missed the whole part of the Bible where Jesus went into the Temple and took a whip to some people x2. Just because some people are Christian doesn't mean they have to lie down and be walked all over to be a better person. They achieve that by not raping boys, animals, and throwing acid in the face of women.

Jesus overturned those tables because they were defiling the Temple.

These assholes in Gainesville are defiling their church by violating the golden rule. Jesus had something to say about that, too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#14]
So burning books here is going to endanger our troops more than our troops being "infidels" on their perceived holy land?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Petraeus even commenting about it gives what should be a non-story of idiotic actions by a nowheresville bunch of yahoos visibility on an international stage.

More like posturing and ass-kissing of the MOTUS than anything else.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

(CNN) –– The U.S. commander in Afghanistan on Monday criticized a Florida church's plan to burn copies of the Quran on September 11, warning the demonstration "could cause significant problems" for American troops overseas.

"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort in Afghanistan," Gen. David Petraeus said in a statement issued Monday.

I frankly don't care if they burn books or not - burn enough of 'em and I'll start a publishing company - then we could get along fabulously, qurans, bibles, whatever - but when Petraeus stoops to making political comments on things of this nature, it would suit me fine if he was fired for incompetence. His remarks make him sound like an O-Bot.

Like others have said, they already hate us, they're just grasping at straws if they try to use this as justification for that hate,

Further, no, I don't think it's un-Christian to protest by burning books, beyond being a waste of time.

You think every person over there is fighting us? Every person in Afghanistan?

You think Al-Qaeda isn't going to use this to swell their ranks and encourage more people to join their fight?

If your answers are yes and no, you're a damned fool. This is a recruiting win for Al Qaeda. They will be stronger because of this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are we gonna replace him with?

Petraeus can't say 'burn 'em' because he serves at the pleasure of the President, and he would be gone as fast as McChrystal if he said such a thing.  Recall who the current Commander-in-Chief is.  The man wants to win this war, and he can't win it if he gets fired for some dumbass comment about some retards burning Korans.  I don't think most of the individuals trash-talking him in this thread are fit to carry his jockstrap.  And tell me, what contribution to the war effort does burning the Koran make?  If this church is that pissed off with haji, well, the recruiter's office ain't locked.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about they do something christ-like, like, oh I dunno, feeding the needy instead of practicing the same type of intolerant hatred they are protesting. Morons.
A lot of Christians aren't very Christian anymore.

You guys have heard of the Crusades right?

Those years following hundreds of years of Muslim oppression and the forceful taking of Christian lands by Muslims...yeah, I heard of them.

Sorry darlin...I hate that fekkin excuse every frappin time I hear it.

I don't hear any boohooing about the christian ministries in Nigeria that just had their whole town slaughter by those peaceful basturds

I have not heard about this

They were Christian and not killing American soldiers so they don't count.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Jesus overturned those tables because they were defiling the Temple.

These assholes in Gainesville are defiling their church by violating the golden rule. Jesus had something to say about that, too.

He would ask why they are burning so few and why they didn't start sooner.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Petreaus is still holding out hope that he's going to be able to stay in Afghanistan for a decade to change that area. He's a great military man, but obviously doesn't understand politics.  No way Obama is going to stay in a bloody war leading up to his 2012 re-election bid especially not if the economy doesn't vastly improve.

U.S. troops in the middle east are already in danger. They're already facing threats. What Petreaus is worried about is winning hearts and minds, but that ship sailed the minute Obama announced that draw downs begin in 2011.  As much as Petreaus wants to walk back the President's statement the damage is done.  

This is just one more setback to a mission that's pretty much done and over. U.S. Military will do everything it can, but whether they burn the Quran or not isn't going to make a hill of beans difference in the long run.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Really getting sick and tired of this...Our federal government is turning against its own people.

U.S. Constitution Article IV Paragraph 4:

“The United States shall guarantee to every State in this
Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect
each of them against Invasion.”
—United States Constitution,
Article IV, Section 4

As far as I am concerned, the U.S. Government has been in a state of treason against its own people for the last two decades.  They refuse to follow the law of the land, then they refuse to use the weapons that we have on hand (about 10,000 of them last count) to put a stop to or preempt acts of tyranny against their own people by foreign agents.  Now we are being lectured by some general who apparently has lost sight of what his mission is in Afghanistan.  

Just send a diplomatic note to Jakarta that if our embassy is attacked, that a rain of ruin the likes of which the world has never seen will fall on all seaports and airports, and food stores of Indonesia.  Remember, this is where they practice sharia Law and decapitate the heads of little girls who dare try to go to school (photos on the internet).  OK, so we are going to stop the world and let you little boy f*****kers off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
bottom line, anything we do will endanger our troops.

Or anger the Arab "street"
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#23]
As a Christian, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

As an american, Do unto them before they do unto us more. This is WAR. They are supposed to hate us. Thats how wars work. And when wwe get done killing all the people that are trying to kill us, there will be peace.

While in a perfect world I would disagree with the book burning, this appeasement has got to stop and we have to wage WAR.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Really getting sick and tired of this...Our federal government is turning against its own people.

“The United States shall guarantee to every State in this
Article IV, Section 4

As far as I am concerned, the U.S. Government has been in a state of treason against its own people for the last two decades.  They refuse to follow the law of the land, then they refuse to use the weapons that we have on hand (about 10,000 of them last count) to put a stop to or preempt acts of tyranny against their own people by foreign agents.  Now we are being lectured by some general who apparently has lost sight of what his mission is in Afghanistan.  

Just send a diplomatic note to Jakarta that if our embassy is attacked, that a rain of ruin the likes of which the world has never seen will fall on all seaports and airports, and food stores of Indonesia.  Remember, this is where they practice sharia Law and decapitate the heads of little girls who dare try to go to school (photos on the internet).  OK, so we are going to stop the world and let you little boy f*****kers off.

Petraeus is an apologist who "won" the Iraq war by appeasing & making friends with the same insurgents who murdered our troops (the Mahdi "army") - insurgents who wore no uniform, took up arms against our troops, and who should have been round up and executed (you don't get POW status unless you're part of a legal, uniformed army).

After this "win", and the formal end of the war (as per Obama), our non-combat troops we involved in an "informal" firefight on Sunday (look how well that is working out).  

Hopefully Petraeus' boss (General Mattis) will tell him what to do from this point forward - stop playing politics, & exterminate radical Islam (& all those who harbor radical Islamists) without being a pussy about it - to actually win this war.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#25]
<CoC>
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Oh no!!!

They will hate us!!!

What's new.

100% pure grade A logic.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm tired of bending over backwards to avoid pissing someone off when they don't return the favor.  Hell, not only don't they return the favor they actively go out of their way to piss us off.  We're setting ourselves up to play the role of beta male to their alpha and it's going to be hard to change that role once we set it in their minds.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#28]
If burning the "however you want to spell it" will endanger our troops then good so we can kill all the enemy.  Maybe the enemy will do an old fashioned WWI style charge so we can just cut em down with some belt fed goodness.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Quoted:

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this

Article IV, Section 4

Petraeus is an apologist who "won" the Iraq war by appeasing & making friends with the same insurgents who murdered our troops (the Mahdi "army") - insurgents who wore no uniform, took up arms against our troops, and who should have been round up and executed (you don't get POW status unless you're part of a legal, uniformed army).
After this "win", and the formal end of the war (as per Obama), our non-combat troops we involved in an "informal" firefight on Sunday (look how well that is working out).  
Hopefully Petraeus' boss (General Mattis) will tell him what to do from this point forward - stop playing politics, & exterminate radical Islam (& all those who harbor radical Islamists) without being a pussy about it - to actually win this war.

Saudi and Iran [the quran, muhammad, and Islamic scholars] are the traditional, or what you call "radical", Islamist who spread their totalitarian political ideology, but we ignore them.
Remember, after the Fort Hood jihadist attack, General Casey said that "Our diversity, not only in our Army, but in our country, is a strength.
And as horrific as this tragedy was, if our diversity becomes a
casualty, I think that's worse,
"
When you have military leaders who literally think having less muslims in America and military is worse than the dead soldiers murdered at Fort Hood by Islamic jihad, we have a problem.
They aren't worried about preventing another Islamic jihad attack against Americans, Janet Napolitano, the head of Homeland Security, worried about "prevent[ing] everybody [that is a muslim] being painted with a broad brush." Hey we don't need to worry about Islamic jihadist, we need to make sure no one insults Islam.
In this same article, the entire premise is to make sure all you silly non-muslims realize that Hasan "does not represent the Muslim faith".
The denial of reality buried so deep with bureaucracy, that it is endangering the lives of Americans daily.
Is it really surprising when the US State Department uses tax dollars to fly a "radical" imam, who happens to need to raise money for his $100 million dollar Ground Zero mosque, around the Middle East to see prominent people?
How can one be surprised that the government, media, and many people refuse to learn about Islamic texts and teachings?
No one has really heard much about Steve Coughlin.
Coughlin was hired because of his expertise in Islamic law.
He wrote an analysis for the Joint Chief of Staff.
His thesis, "To Our Great Detriment: Ignoring What Extremists
Say About Jihad,” was recently accepted by the National Defense
Intelligence College, and deals specifically with Islamic Doctrine
dealing with doctrinal drivers of jihad, and the failure of the United
States leadership to learn and understand this doctrine.

After writing this analysis, he was fired because:
His contract would not be renewed due to the fact his message, and therefore he himself, had become too "politically hot.” In a meeting between Mr. Coughlin and a member of Mr. England’s staff, at which Hesham Islam unexpectedly attended,
Mr. Islam asked Mr. Coughlin to "soften his message” regarding Islamic
Doctrine. Mr. Coughlin refused. Islam was heard referring to Coughlin as
a "Christian zealot with a poison pen.” Despite the fact that
no one in his chain of command has disputed the veracity, accuracy, and
balance for his thesis, lectures, or briefings, Coughlin’s employment is
being terminated for speaking the truth to the Department of Defense.

Fired at the demand of muslims because

solely because his message was defined as "extreme” by an
advisor who caters to Islamist organizations in the U.S., not because it
was factually incorrect.

What do you do when the government fires people who speak truthfully on what Islamic texts and teachings say, and their implications to US security?
Our founding fathers faced the jihad when they fought the Barbary [jihadist] pirates.
This issue is 1400 years old, yet our top military leaders don't realize that Islamic jihad has been around for quite longer than the USA?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:55:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think every person over there is fighting us? Every person in Afghanistan?

You think Al-Qaeda isn't going to use this to swell their ranks and encourage more people to join their fight?

If your answers are yes and no, you're a damned fool. This is a recruiting win for Al Qaeda. They will be stronger because of this.

If all it takes is a book-burning to push you over that edge, you were already over it anyway.

Let me repeat:

This isn't generating more hate; it will just be used to justify existing hate.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:01:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are we gonna replace him with?

Petraeus can't say 'burn 'em' because he serves at the pleasure of the President, and he would be gone as fast as McChrystal if he said such a thing.  Recall who the current Commander-in-Chief is.  The man wants to win this war, and he can't win it if he gets fired for some dumbass comment about some retards burning Korans.  I don't think most of the individuals trash-talking him in this thread are fit to carry his jockstrap.  And tell me, what contribution to the war effort does burning the Koran make?  If this church is that pissed off with haji, well, the recruiter's office ain't locked.  

Re-read my post. I'm not defending their book-burning. I think it's a waste of paper.

As for replacing Petraeus, well, Obama could always go apologize to McChrystal and ask him to come back......

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:13:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I didn't see anyone post this yet.

Petraeus is way out of line by saying that.

It's not his job to tell American citizens what to do.

He needs to convey his concerns to the Commander in Chief, then if Obama wants us to know he will tell us in his capacity as President.

This just shows how far things have gone to hell in a handbasket during this administration.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:17:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He needs to convey his concerns to his Commander in Chief, then if Obama wants us to know he will tell us in his capacity as President can shut his mouth, too. Neither of them have any right to stop a bunch of people from having a bonfire; every word they speak against it makes the problem bigger, and therefore worse. As stated so many times before, it's apparently amateur night at the white house,

This just shows how far things have gone to hell in a handbasket during this administration.

FIFY.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:18:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He needs to convey his concerns to his Commander in Chief, then if Obama wants us to know he will tell us in his capacity as President can shut his mouth, too. Neither of them have any right to stop a bunch of people from having a bonfire; every word they speak against it makes the problem bigger, and therefore worse. As stated so many times before, it's apparently amateur night at the white house,

FIFY.

Yes, that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Nothing upholds the teachings of Christ more than a good old-fashioned Koran burning.

First post, and all that.

Behaving with the ugliness of those you supposedly are better than doesn't really lift you any higher.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:25:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Aren't troops always in danger Gen P?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:28:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Oh, fuck it, it's not worth teh ban.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:33:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No joke.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
How about they do something christ-like, like, oh I dunno, feeding the needy instead of practicing the same type of intolerant hatred they are protesting.  Morons.

This.

I think this is a calculated move designed to demonstrate the hypocrisy of the media and Islamic groups on things like religious tolerance and property rights.

I hope so.

While I agree that they have the right to burn whatever book they want, it's pretty stupid on a number of levels. The very best thing they could do would be to have the "burn site" all set up with kindling, and when the media shows up (breathlessly, of course) to cover the event, just walk out and say, "See? You idiots fell for it, the Muslims showed their true stripes, and the usual liberal idiots fell right into line. You people are SO predictable. Have a blessed day!", andthen proceed to light the kindling and have a koran-free church BBQ.

Leave the asshats with their tongues hanging out like the dogs they are.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#40]
When they start burning Muslim's then I'll be concerned. Burning books, meh, all it does is keep publishers in business. Yeah it's childish & immature. Does it make Christians look bad? Nope, just that particular group, like the Westboro group. If the Islamic center in G'ville decides to have a bible burning day, go for it. The whole damn thing is a Southpark episode in the making. I'm damn surprised that it's gotten so much media attention, if it wasn't for that, it would be a non event. The more Muslims rant about it, the worse it makes them look, like the Muhammad cartoon stupidity. Ignoring them would be the bet thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No joke.

Yup, no matter what, evil is evil and nothing we do or say or don't do will change that, ever.

Islam will never get along with anyone or anything but Islam, korans on fire or not. I am tired of people pretending the opposite.

Anyone ever see these huge rally's against terror? Against stonings? Against honor killings? ETC...but get a few people in Gainsville and look out, there will be a 'new' holy war against our troops and all of a sudden they will be in more danger than they were yesterday.

How about turning over our MIA's and kidnapped troops?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:44:16 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No joke.

Yup, no matter what, evil is evil and nothing we do or say or don't do will change that, ever.

Islam will never get along with anyone or anything but Islam, korans on fire or not. I am tired of people pretending the opposite.

Anyone ever see these huge rally's against terror? Against stonings? Against honor killings? ETC...but get a few people in Gainsville and look out, there will be a 'new' holy war against our troops and all of a sudden they will be in more danger than they were yesterday.

How about turning over our MIA's and kidnapped troops?

Good points. Every once in awhile, you surprise me.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:46:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Does it make Christians look bad? Nope, just that particular group,

How? Christians' beliefs concerning the nature of the Quran are pretty well-known, and justified by history if nothing else - so how in the world is burning a few books (that are reprinted every day and in no short supply, and obtained through legal means) unChristlike?

Again, I'm not defending the book-burning, I'm just asking yuou how you justify your offense.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Fuck burning the quran. Dip all of the copies in pigs blood and give them out at the NY mosque.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:51:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Could Hillary have been right?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#46]
First Amendment FTW.  If we allow Flag burning, we should be just as tolerant of those burning Qurans.  Personally I think they are a bunch of idiots, but Petraeus needs to remember he works for the American public and needs to shut his fucking pie-hole and defend the 1st Amendment.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

even doing nothing.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Nothing upholds the teachings of Christ more than a good old-fashioned Koran burning.

You are lucky us soldiers of CHRIST don't swing another Crusade their way.
If we just stand in place and breathe they will attack us for using Allah's air in a demonic way. There is no negotiation with these people and blaming Christians is small minded. When have you seen Christians beheading R.O.P.ers and sending the videos to CNN? NEVER! The problem with us Christians is we are too quick to forgive the sins of others.

Who's side are you on?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:13:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Odd how the folks who asked the Muslims to move their mosque somewhere else were intolerant assholes, yet when someone exercises their first amendment right to freedom of expression to attack Islam all that tolerance and "respect for private property and constitutional rights" is not reciprocated...

hmmmm....

Typical fucktard liberal double-standard anyone???

BULLSEYE.

I don't have a double standard.

I think that both building a mosque on ground zero AND burning the Koran are acts of complete stupidity.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:16:48 AM EDT
[#50]
imagine the lives saved generations from now if Quran wasn't a known word anymore

just saying
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top