Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/4/2010 8:21:50 PM EDT
So, at Walmart tonight and I load my shit into the Jeep, and take the cart to the little cart corral that is 3 spots away. As I walk back, I notice this woman parked next to me (2 spots from the corral) pushing her cart up in front of her car and leaving it. The Wasilla Wal Mart is usually pretty busy, but on weekends, it is even more so with people from the bush coming in to stock up on shit. The parking lot is pretty full, and it is a big WalMart. Not sure why, but I feel like an ass if I don't push the cart out of the way. I know they pay people to collect them up, but for fucks sake, its a 30 second task and makes other peoples life a little better.

What Say you?

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Put it in the cart corral.

Really pisses me off at the commissary when people just leave them wherever.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#2]
On a very windy day last year I watched an untended cart roll all the way across the parking lot (kinda down hill too) and smack 3 different vehicles before it finally stopped.   It was all the way across the parking lot or I would have tried to catch it, but there wasn't even a chance.    It looked like a pinball in a game, bouncing off cars at just the needed angle to keep going, and going, and going.  

Crap like that is why I put my cart in the corral any time I use one.   Anything else is just plain lazy IMO.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Mines put away too. After getting dozens of dings in my truck (and car, for that matter) from other assholes too good to police up after themselves, it kinda makes you think different. Of course, I'll avoid Wallyworld if there is any other options.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
People who leave their cart out in the open should have their cars keyed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I usually take mine back inside the store.

Stores should implement a deposit system like the luggage carts at the airport.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

On a very windy day last year I watched an untended cart roll all the way across the parking lot (kinda down hill too) and smack 3 different vehicles before it finally stopped.   It was all the way across the parking lot or I would have tried to catch it, but there wasn't even a chance.    It looked like a pinball in a game, bouncing off cars at just the needed angle to keep going, and going, and going.  

Crap like that is why I put my cart in the corral any time I use one.   Anything else is just plain lazy IMO.

Good idea.  If you go running after someone else's runaway cart and don't get to it in time the owner of the car it slams into probably won't believe you were just trying to be nice and stop someone else's cart.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I always put the cart in the corral. No matter how far away from it I am.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Small world. I was at the Wasilla Walmart a few hours ago too.  

I almost always put my cart in the cart corral.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I always put the cart in the corral. No matter how far away from it I am.

Same here

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I put mine in the coral.  My wife leaves them nearby if she's out in the evening or if she has a bad feeling about nearby people.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Self-centered, lazy people just leave it there.  They don't care about someone's car which may be damaged by a loose cart, or the parking space that'll be taken up by a single cart, or for the extra energy and effort of the employee needlessly.

I'll push it back to the coral or, hell, I'll even push it back to the store sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I put mine in the coral.  My wife leaves them nearby if she's out in the evening or if she has a bad feeling about nearby people.

This.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#13]
To the corral or the front of the store.

Even when I have three little ones under the age of five with me.

It is pure laziness to not return the cart.

For safety reasons I can understand though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They do, but it's by proxy.

There are shopping cart recovery operations who get paid to recover the ones people actually take home with them, then ditch...which means we are all paying for these slobs to be lazy.

Not to be confused with people who's home is a shopping cart.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

One of my code of ethics is:  If you use something, put it back where you found it.  So I take it back inside where I got it.  Its a character thing for me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:55:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Huge problem here at JBER.  IMO, this should be punished with incremental loss of PX/Commissary privileges.  30 days 1st offense, 6 months the next.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I am cart-neutral. I take one left out in the lot by itself and push it to the store for my use, then leave it out in the lot by itself at my parking spot when I leave.
Quoted:

One of my code of ethics is: If you use something, put it back where you found it. So I take it back inside where I got it. Its a character thing for me.

I guess that's the fancy description of my method.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:04:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I must be invisible because I have been nearly run over in the cross walk.  So when I am walking from my car to the store, I will pick up a cart and give it a "test drive".  It makes me more visible, plus if the assholes want to run me over, it might make more damage.  No one has tried to, so far.

As a plus, it returns a cart to the store. And if that one doesn't roll right, I'll DX it at the front of the store.

Needless to say, I return the carts to the corral.  Sometimes even round up the herd around my car, to prevent dings.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huge problem here at JBER. IMO, this should be punished with incremental loss of PX/Commissary privileges. 30 days 1st offense, 6 months the next.

Uh, no. Here's the preferred method of justice, Southern Style (A Southern Gentleman's Gentlemanly Method of Correcting His Peers Regarding the Topic of Shopping Cart Manners):
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:06:52 AM EDT
[#21]

I almost always put my carts in the corral, but I would be lying if I said I did it every time.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Some do.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:50:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Not only do I put up my cart in the corral, but I tend to straighten the carts in the corral and make sure they are all pushed inside each other as much as possible.  It drives me fucking nuts to see carts strewn about the parking lot.  I agree with the notion that those who don't return carts deserve to be keyed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I must be invisible because I have been nearly run over in the cross walk.  So when I am walking from my car to the store, I will pick up a cart and give it a "test drive".  It makes me more visible, plus if the assholes want to run me over, it might make more damage.  No one has tried to, so far.

As a plus, it returns a cart to the store. And if that one doesn't roll right, I'll DX it at the front of the store.

Needless to say, I return the carts to the corral.  Sometimes even round up the herd around my car, to prevent dings.

This.  

Ok, one exception: if both the corrals in that row are full, I'll park the cart in one of the planted divider areas.

Jane
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:13:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I am sure that the woman had a big butt  

I park away from the cars.  Don't want dents.  Take the extra few feet as needed exercise.

When you get old enough, you come to expect inconsideration and discourtesy.  Learn to make it work for you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:48:36 AM EDT
[#26]
I put mine away

sometimes put other ones I find away too

2 years as a cart boy at a grocery store will do that to you
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:58:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I just find the nearest vehicle sporting an Obama sticker and park my cart right on their bumper.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:21:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Did'nt your old man teach you anything?

PUT IT BACK WHERE YOU FOUND IT!!

ED
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I put mine back.  If I'm coming in, and someone is walking to the corrall with an empty cart, I'll take it...we both win.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:32:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Some people have a poor sense of balance and depend on finding stray carts in the parking lot.Perferably near a handicap space
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:46:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Always put mine away.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:56:01 AM EDT
[#32]

I put mine up. Most of the time, on my way into the store, I'll grab a cart from the corral (or a loose cart some asshole has left)
and take it in so it's one less cart for the cart guy to bring back.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:03:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huge problem here at JBER. IMO, this should be punished with incremental loss of PX/Commissary privileges. 30 days 1st offense, 6 months the next.

Uh, no. Here's the preferred method of justice, Southern Style (A Southern Gentleman's Gentlemanly Method of Correcting His Peers Regarding the Topic of Shopping Cart Manners):

Quoted:

Have a heapin' helpin' of Southern hospitality.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:07:03 AM EDT
[#34]
My kid loves it when I take a running start and see how much damage I can do the the other carts in the corral

Hey, were simple folk here, and cart bashing is free entertainment
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:09:15 AM EDT
[#35]
That's the reason I like shopping at Aldi.  You have a quarter deposit on the carts.  It's a good incentive to bring them back to the front.  I go to Aldi two or three times a week and I've only seen stray carts in the lot once or twice.  I'll always pick them up too because that's a free $.25 for me.  I also keep a couple of quarters and grocery bags in my car at all times because I goto Aldi so frequently.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#36]
She's a worthless sack.

If it's even close to decide between the entrance and a corral, I take mine back to the entrance.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
[snip] I take a running start and see how much damage I can do the the other carts in the corral

Hey, were simple folk here, and cart bashing is free entertainment

^This!

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:43:14 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm almost always way out in the parking lot because I'm usally driving a dually.  I will still take the time to get my cart back to the cart corral no matter how far I have to go. I don't like having to manuever around loose carts.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#39]
i'll put it back in the store/cart thing only if they don't have that quarter lock thing

i fucking at that thing
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#40]
To a corral or back inside, which ever is closer
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:57:32 AM EDT
[#41]
I was a cart attendant for my very first job.

Naturally, I put the goddamn carts back where they fucking belong because I'm not a lazy, gutless sack of shit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:02:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Those that don't return carts to the corral are usually lazy inconsiderate fucks.

There, I said it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:05:19 AM EDT
[#43]
I wonder if Bubbles has had any run ins with these so called "shopping cart recovery operations"?!?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

GREAT idea! And it should be some sort of "substantial" deposit......two bucks.......maybe even five. WTF, you're going to get it right back anyway. `Fucking lazy asses.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:10:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Cart corral for deposit, or offer to another person walking by.

I almost always take in carts that are left in the lot instead of pulling one from inside.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:14:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Assholes that leave carts in the lot, not in the corrals, deserve to have a cart slammed into their driver's door, so they can be reminded what a jerk they are, every time they get in it.  

Charge $5 for a cart, refundable on return to the front of the store.  Wonder how many will leave the $5 in the lot, then?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Down here, you need to insert 1 Euro into the cart to take it off from its corral.

Leave it around, you loose 1 Euro . A hundred lazy people leaving carts around, and you earned yourself a day's worth of cash.
That's why there's always some gypsy or beggar offering you to "do not you worry you madam, let the cart to me, I'll park it for you".

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm single so it's rare that I use a shopping cart. I'm more of a hand basket kind of guy but when I'm walking in from the parking lot I'll push stray carts back inside the store and when I'm leaving I'll return any shopping carts I come across back to the coral.

I really like the idea of the .25 deposit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Down here, you need to insert 1 Euro into the cart to take it off from its corral.

http://www.polycartgroup.com/italian/images/carrosencorral2.jpg

Leave it around, you loose 1 Euro . A hundred lazy people leaving carts around, and you earned yourself a day's worth of cash.

That's why there's always some gypsy or beggar offering you to "do not you worry you madam, let the cart to me, I'll park it for you".

The Aldi grocery chain in the states does the same thing with $ .25 pieces.

Other stores won't pick it up, because it requires always having that specific coin on you.  You could have $200 in cash and a unlimited credit card, but no coin, no cart.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:35:51 AM EDT
[#50]
I almost always put mine back in the corral.

At the Beer Distributor, I roll it back into the store and into the line.  They ALWAYS seem surprised by this.

Sounds like we were almost had an ARFCOM convention in the Wassillia Walmart last night.   If I were a DU troll, I would ask if you both were looking at Russia from there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top