BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I put mine in the coral.  My wife leaves them nearby if she's out in the evening or if she has a bad feeling about nearby people.

This.

Based on the OP, I doubt this was the case with the Lady parked next to him last night , but in GD, you can never be sure about the ARFCOMers out in the real world
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:42:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If it's more than a minute walk round trip, I leave it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a problem with women with babies or small children leaving the carts loose. I'd rather see a loose cart than an untended kid, even if it's just for a few seconds.....Call me paranoid...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Down here, you need to insert 1 Euro into the cart to take it off from its corral.

http://www.polycartgroup.com/italian/images/carrosencorral2.jpg

Leave it around, you loose 1 Euro . A hundred lazy people leaving carts around, and you earned yourself a day's worth of cash.

That's why there's always some gypsy or beggar offering you to "do not you worry you madam, let the cart to me, I'll park it for you".

I like that idea!

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Do not dispose of your trash at the gas station either.Take it home and be a man
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I always wanted to cut the little kid safety belt out of a walmart cart and make it into a sling for an AR.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If I see someone leaving a cart close to my vehicle, they certainly get an earful from me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Return the cart to corral.  Really not a big deal at all, it takes all of ten seconds to accomplish.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I almost always put my carts in the corral, but I would be lying if I said I did it every time.

^ This

and if I'm alone with the three rug-rats and the youngest one is crying or upset I will forget about it but I make sure it won't roll off.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I put mine in the coral.  My wife leaves them nearby if she's out in the evening or if she has a bad feeling about nearby people.

Your wife has good common sense there....
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#11]
If the nearest cart corral is too far away (or I just parked really far from the building), I'll look for a curb or something so it doesn't roll around.

Otherwise I always put it in the corral.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I leave them in the handicap spots.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
On a very windy day last year I watched an untended cart roll all the way across the parking lot (kinda down hill too) and smack 3 different vehicles before it finally stopped.   It was all the way across the parking lot or I would have tried to catch it, but there wasn't even a chance.    It looked like a pinball in a game, bouncing off cars at just the needed angle to keep going, and going, and going.  

Crap like that is why I put my cart in the corral any time I use one.   Anything else is just plain lazy IMO.

And just plain rude, but apparently we have 28 of those fucks in this thread.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#14]
What bothers me is that these same lazy ass inconsiderate pukes have probably walked over 2 miles within the confines of the store but once they get outside, they suddenly become "more" invalid and can barely place it out of the way from their vehicle before they leave!

I do like the idea that ALDI has in place at their stores.  It's funny how these same lazy ass people will actually go back with their empty cart in order to get their quarter back.  Money can be a great motivator!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Common courtesy isn't as common as it used to be.

Of course, I didn't used to have to worry about putting the cart up because the nice young man who had sacked my groceries also took them out for me, loaded them in the trunk, bid me a nice day and took the cart back so he could do the same for the next person.

There was a time when the folks working the registers were paid better and were not stopped from working any more hours than 29.9 so they could be given benefits as well.  Somewhere we let the bottom line come before everything else and I think our society is poorer because of it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I hardly ever use them but if I do I leave them where they belong.   Between where I live and the nearest grocery store are some large apartment complexes that filled up with Katrina people and the like many of whom don't own any vehicles.  That store probably has at least twice as many carts as are available to shoppers at any given time because the rest are in the apartment complexes or the streets nearby.  Some years ago they tried a system to prevent people from pushing carts beyond the parking lot but I guess that never worked out.  Now they just go on recovery missions from time to time.  I occasionally see long lines of carts along the streets near the complexes so I assume someone gets them back to the store and groceries cost a bit more there. It is probably a reasonable way of doing it as it means all those food stamps will be used at that store.  I don't go there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Put it in the cart corral.

Really pisses me off at the commissary when people just leave them wherever.

This.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
People who leave their cart out in the open should have their cars keyed.

True.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Put it in the cart corral.

Really pisses me off at the commissary when people just leave them wherever.

Huge problem here at JBER.  IMO, this should be punished with incremental loss of PX/Commissary privileges.  30 days 1st offense, 6 months the next.

Or shopping cart watch in service charlies with a road guard vest.

Or maybe a sandwich board that says "I'm here because I'm too lazy to put my cart where it belongs".

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#21]
It's usually the FAT Fucks like this that I see doing it

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I really like when some ditzy ass pushes the cart 100 yards away from the store to put it in a corral when the store is 75 yards in the opposite direction.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I put mine away
sometimes put other ones I find away too

2 years as a cart boy at a grocery store will do that to you

Yep, high school years as a "courtesy clerk" at Safeway for me. On an inclined parking lot.

Annoys the heck outta me when the cart corral is 100yds away though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I can not fucking stand when people set them against the vehicle next to them. FN Lazy people.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I must be invisible because I have been nearly run over in the cross walk.  So when I am walking from my car to the store, I will pick up a cart and give it a "test drive".  It makes me more visible, plus if the assholes want to run me over, it might make more damage.  No one has tried to, so far.

As a plus, it returns a cart to the store. And if that one doesn't roll right, I'll DX it at the front of the store.

Needless to say, I return the carts to the corral.  Sometimes even round up the herd around my car, to prevent dings.

I have that problem too.

Another problem I have with amazing frequency is people nearly walking right into me.

This amazes me, because I am 6'4" tall, and you would think that people might actually notice me before walking into me.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So, at Walmart tonight and I load my shit into the Jeep, and take the cart to the little cart corral that is 3 spots away. As I walk back, I notice this woman parked next to me (2 spots from the corral) pushing her cart up in front of her car and leaving it. The Wasilla Wal Mart is usually pretty busy, but on weekends, it is even more so with people from the bush coming in to stock up on shit. The parking lot is pretty full, and it is a big WalMart. Not sure why, but I feel like an ass if I don't push the cart out of the way. I know they pay people to collect them up, but for fucks sake, its a 30 second task and makes other peoples life a little better.

What Say you?

Aviator

"your that fucking lazy? No wonder our country is going to shit"  Said it to a guy(said it TO myself but loud enough that he heard), he looked shocked, took 3 steps to put it in the cage...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, at Walmart tonight and I load my shit into the Jeep, and take the cart to the little cart corral that is 3 spots away. As I walk back, I notice this woman parked next to me (2 spots from the corral) pushing her cart up in front of her car and leaving it. The Wasilla Wal Mart is usually pretty busy, but on weekends, it is even more so with people from the bush coming in to stock up on shit. The parking lot is pretty full, and it is a big WalMart. Not sure why, but I feel like an ass if I don't push the cart out of the way. I know they pay people to collect them up, but for fucks sake, its a 30 second task and makes other peoples life a little better.

What Say you?

Aviator

"your that fucking lazy? No wonder our country is going to shit" Said it to a guy(said it TO myself but loud enough that he heard), he looked shocked, took 3 steps to put it in the cage...

GREAT LINE Fields_Overseer!  I'm going to say that next time!

Pisses me off at our local Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, HEB, and Target.  Its like the idiots come out of the woodwork and just leave everything.  They don't just leave the cart, but sometimes they unload the garbage that's in their car into the cart, to make room for what they bought.  My wife and I don't shop at any of those stores during the midday and especially on weekends.  We go mid-week, around dinner-time, after we've had our dinner.  Fewer people, and easier to get around the stores.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's the reason I like shopping at Aldi.  You have a quarter deposit on the carts.  It's a good incentive to bring them back to the front.  I go to Aldi two or three times a week and I've only seen stray carts in the lot once or twice.  I'll always pick them up too because that's a free $.25 for me.  I also keep a couple of quarters and grocery bags in my car at all times because I goto Aldi so frequently.  

Aldi FTW
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top