Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2010 1:52:58 PM EDT
Just thought I'd report that it is possible. I spent a few weeks figuring this out since there's really not a detailed how-to out there for 3G/T-Mobile/iOS 4.0 official release.

You need to have iOS4 and baseband 05.11.07 (Or an older baseband, 04.28.08?) in order for this to work.  If you have an incompatible baseband, you may be able to downgrade to the right baseband

* Jailbreak with Pwnagetool
* Backup your SHSH blob files for 3.1.3 to the Cydia server
* Build a Jailbroken iOS4 bundle with Pwnagetool
* Update via iTunes using Command+Shift+Restore and your jailbreaky iOS4 install
* Disable 3G, plug in T-Mobile SIM card
* Open Cydia, add "repo666.blackra1n.org"
* Search for "Ultrasn0w 0.9.3"
* Install package, reboot

Congrats, successfully unlocked iOS 4.0.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Did this a week ago.
See my post at the bottom of this thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1065806&light=
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Still can't run 3G speeds on T-mo because of the frequency of the radio correct?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Still can't run 3G speeds on T-mo because of the frequency of the radio correct?

Correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top