Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/10/2010 9:41:06 AM EDT
Yeah I parked there, my company was having a small event there so they dared not ticket me. I had to take a pic. The hotel was called Aloft. They are pretty cool and modern and fit for our needs, but this was a little bit ridiculous.....

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Fight the power!

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that is stupid. Hybrid only parking? Talk about sucking ass to the wrong people.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Too bad you're not driving a Hummer or a Suburban
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I could understand it if it was set up for charging. There is a spot reserved here at work for a gentleman who has an electric car. Provides him with a plug to charge at work.

I don't see that setup in your picture... So fuck em.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#5]
My college has that, but they actually have plug-in stations for it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Sadly I would be worried about the liberal dipshits keying my car for that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#7]
At the local best buy, there is an "expectant mother" marking spot.  the same at a local grocery store......

Hybrid parking?  I'd park there to make a statement, car keying or not.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would too, it would be a shame to have to shoot them, it's like a $75 fine!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Looks like a Hybrid to me, runs on a mixture of Gasoline and Oxygen, correct? HYBRID.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#10]
If I ever open a hotel, I will have hybrid parking right next to the dumpster.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Your car is a hybrid of steel, glass, rubber and many other materials.

I would only be worried to park there if I saw a towing sign, or if I thought that someone may key my car.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#12]
We got that at a beach nearby, the suburban looked good parked there too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I forgot to mention you have to drive through a steel mill to get to this park.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
At the local best buy, there is an "expectant mother" marking spot.  the same at a local grocery store......

I rage at those spots.

If anything, an expectant mother needs a bit of exercise
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Hell yeah!  The Best Buy here has parking for Fuel Efficient Vehicles only.  I love parking my Discovery there.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#16]
What,  Hybrid parking without courtesy plug ins.  What a crock.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Looks like a Hybrid to me, runs on a mixture of Gasoline and Oxygen, correct? HYBRID.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Ticket?  Who is going to enforce a parking ticket for that?  I would saddle my Lincoln across two of those
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I rage at those spots.

If anything, an expectant mother needs a bit of exercise

Hey, that's a good idea.  Make obese parking only spots in a large lot.  Those spaces would be way, way out at the far end of the lot.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If I ever open a hotel, I will have hybrid parking right next to the dumpster.

Made it as inconvenient as possible.  Across the street and a block down.  Surely, the sort of person who wants to take care of the environment wants to take care of their body by getting a brisk walk, and help others by offering up better parking to the community.  Mark all the good spots explicitly non-hybrid with a tow notice.

Better yet, if I ever become a real estate baron, I will buy prime parking in the most expensive area, and make it free with permit - the permit being a "Fuck Liberals" sticker, permanently attached on both the front and rear windshields.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#21]
So what if a hermaphrodite parks there?  It's a hybrid!  
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Tell them you're half black and you thought that's what it meant.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Nice ride, I had a sport. Have you had any issues with it?
I would love to have that thing back, Not in the cards right now though.

Good for you for parking there but, I would be a little worried that I would come back to a keyed RR.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Why should hybrids need a charging station?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#25]
More leftist faggotry.
What a waste of asphalt
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#26]

You should have taken up two spots.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#27]
The only time I've seen a "Fuel effecient vehicle parking only" type spot was in a Northwestern Mutual parking lot when I went in to do an interview.  I seriously considered parking my old 4Runner in it just for the hell of it, but then I decided that being passively confrontational like that when interviewing for a job probably wasn't the smartest thing I could do.

It wound up not mattering, since I didn't get the job anyway.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#28]
If you ever have to go back, rent a Sequoia or a Dodge Ram 4500 and park it there.

They give hippy ass cars their own spot yet motorcyclists still dont have proper parking
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

An old Dodge Power Wagon would look pretty good there too.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I love spots like those.

I especially love ones that are for "alternative fuel vehicles".

Since I believe that to be a bullshit term, I will gladly park my vehicle there.

If anyone gives me shit, I tell 'em it runs on fucking whale oil. How's that for alternative fuel, fuckstain?

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#31]
If it's close and open I'd park there. I refuse to play along with such nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Park one of these there.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I love spots like those.

http://www.gorbould.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/alt_fuel_only.jpg

Since I believe that to be a bullshit term, I will gladly park my vehicle there.

If anyone gives me shit, I tell 'em it runs on fucking whale oil. How's that for alternative fuel, fuckstain?  

Nice!

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You should have taken up two spots.

That's the only way to roll!

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Where is the "It's private property and they can do what they want with it" crowd??

Seemed to be lots of them in the whole New Mother/car getting keyed thread. .
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Where is the "It's private property and they can do what they want with it" crowd??

michaeljacksoneatingpopcorn.gif
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

They tend to get completely drowned out by the "we hate liberal, hippy, environmentalists" crowd.

It also doesn't help that those two crowds are made up of many of the same guys.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#38]
I think it's great that the hotel designated a special place to tether you mule.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It is a Range Rover, that probably pissed them off more
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Makes my want to get the little "Hybrid" badges and put them on all my cars.

A guy I know slapped "Experimental Bio diesel-35 mpg!" stickers on H1 Humvee (ended up parking it and getting a mini cooper with the fuel savings).  The stickers gave hippies fixed emotions, it was a hummer, so they hate it, but it gets better mileage then their car, so they can't say anything.

Think in reality it got about 6-8 mpg.  It was also gas.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

A guy I know slapped "Experimental Bio diesel-35 mpg!" stickers on H1 Humvee (ended up parking it and getting a mini cooper with the fuel savings).  The stickers gave hippies fixed emotions, it was a hummer, so they hate it, but it gets better mileage then their car, so they can't say anything.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I would beat the ever loving shit out of their hippy ass.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I need one of those stickers for my CUCV, or even my avatar.  That would probably cause the liberals' heads to explode.

As for the hybrid plug-in stations... they also work for diesel engine block heaters in the wintertime.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

A guy I know slapped "Experimental Bio diesel-35 mpg!" stickers on H1 Humvee (ended up parking it and getting a mini cooper with the fuel savings). The stickers gave hippies fixed emotions, it was a hummer, so they hate it, but it gets better mileage then their car, so they can't say anything.

Think in reality it got about 6-8 mpg. It was also gas.

Quoted:

I need one of those stickers for my CUCV, or even my avatar. That would probably cause the liberals' heads to explode.

As for the hybrid plug-in stations... they also work for diesel engine block heaters in the wintertime.

Do that, and in one of the recharging spots too! Take an extension cord there too. Run a household A/C in the truck or recharge your portable TV, etc ...

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#45]
They have a huge Hybrid parking area at school. And they also have a huge parking problem at school. Assholes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#46]
You're looking at the main reason why crap like government run healthcare won't work in America, every special interest group wants, demands, and often gets, special treatment.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why should hybrids need a charging station?

The current production HEV's don't need a charging station.  The next generation plug-in HEV's don't really need one either, but will allow you to charge the larger capacity battery for pure electric mode.  They will get around 15 miles range without the gas engine coming on, but will be mechanically limited to a top speed of 50 mph using current powersplit hybrid transmissions.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A guy I know slapped "Experimental Bio diesel-35 mpg!" stickers on H1 Humvee (ended up parking it and getting a mini cooper with the fuel savings). The stickers gave hippies fixed emotions, it was a hummer, so they hate it, but it gets better mileage then their car, so they can't say anything.

Think in reality it got about 6-8 mpg. It was also gas.

Quoted:

I need one of those stickers for my CUCV, or even my avatar. That would probably cause the liberals' heads to explode.

Do that, and in one of the recharging spots too! Take an extension cord there too. Run a household A/C in the truck or recharge your portable TV, etc ...

You sir are an evil genius!

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#49]
shouldn't they be further away if they are so great?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I love spots like those.

http://www.gorbould.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/alt_fuel_only.jpg

Hey, my Ford F-150 is "Flex Fuel Capable", sounds like I could park it there.   Says so in the lower right corner of the tailgate. :)

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top