Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]
That wouldn't happen to be the new Aloft at the corner of the Dulles Toll Road and the Loudoun County Parkway would it?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Hybrids are a good thing.  You enjoying buying Arab gas?  That was a prick move and give luxary car owners a bad name.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Snob.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
The new mall near me has the first couple spots of each row reserved for "Fuel Efficient Vehicles Only." Since they don't specify what standards a vehicle must meet to be considered "fuel efficient", I figure my Tundra is OK since it is more fuel efficient than my Avalanche was... so I gladly park there.

I think it's funny though, that when the lot is full during the holidays, the vehicles that will be circling the lot endlessly looking for spots will be the gas hogs... spewing more pollutants into the air while there are open spots for 'fuel efficient' vehicles...  

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I love spots like those.

I especially love ones that are for "alternative fuel vehicles".

http://www.gorbould.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/alt_fuel_only.jpg

Since I believe that to be a bullshit term, I will gladly park my vehicle there.

If anyone gives me shit, I tell 'em it runs on fucking whale oil. How's that for alternative fuel, fuckstain?  

We've got a guy in the WA HTF that has an M35A2 and runs it on used motor oil, fryer grease, used transmission fluid and basically anything else wet and flammable.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Makes my want to get the little "Hybrid" badges and put them on all my cars.

A guy I know slapped "Experimental Bio diesel-35 mpg!" stickers on H1 Humvee (ended up parking it and getting a mini cooper with the fuel savings).  The stickers gave hippies fixed emotions, it was a hummer, so they hate it, but it gets better mileage then their car, so they can't say anything.

Think in reality it got about 6-8 mpg.  It was also gas.

I need one of those stickers for my CUCV, or even my avatar.  That would probably cause the liberals' heads to explode.

As for the hybrid plug-in stations... they also work for diesel engine block heaters in the wintertime.

DOH! never thought of that. And on the flip side, the smelly hippies wont know the difference. If they said anything you could just point to the plug running to your truck. Then roll coal when you leave
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:38:43 AM EDT
[#8]
You should'a parked on the lawn........

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd hang a "DoucheBag" sign for laughs........
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I could understand it if it was set up for charging. There is a spot reserved here at work for a gentleman who has an electric car. Provides him with a plug to charge at work.

I don't see that setup in your picture... So fuck em.

Does work just give him the electricity?

Maybe a separate meter so he pays the company back?

Surly, if it is a company benefit, he is paying tax on that income; right?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#11]
One definition of hybrid is "a person of mixed racial or cultural origin".

That gives most of us the green light.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That wouldn't happen to be the new Aloft at the corner of the Dulles Toll Road and the Loudoun County Parkway would it?

No this was the one down in VA beach
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

... The hotel was called Aloft...

I've never stayed in one of those before but IIRC that's where I'll be for the upcoming NRA AM in Charlotte.

How was it?

It was ok. It was king of like staying in an Ikea for the night
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never stayed in one of those before but IIRC that's where I'll be for the upcoming NRA AM in Charlotte.

How was it?

That's hilarious –– IKEA is exactly what came to mind when I first went to their website.

My parents go to the Ikea to eat at the cafeteria sometimes.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

How was it?

That's hilarious –– IKEA is exactly what came to mind when I first went to their website.

It really felt like one... the funny part is they did serve Swedish meatballs at the event we had LOL
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#17]
For the night guys
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Looks like a Hybrid to me, runs on a mixture of Gasoline and Oxygen, correct? HYBRID.

Dude, every car runs on fuel oxygen AND spark. It has a battery right?

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Ah, AR15.com.  Where private property rights are inviolable, unless you're parking your Hummer in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot's handicapped expectant mother alternative fuel hybrid compact vehicle spots against the wishes of the owner.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I love spots like those.

Since I believe that to be a bullshit term, I will gladly park my vehicle there.
If anyone gives me shit, I tell 'em it runs on fucking whale oil. How's that for alternative fuel, fuckstain?  

My brand new F-150 is a "flex fuel" vehicle and can run on ethanol.  I guess that counts!!!

EDIT:  Looks like someone beat me to it...same damn truck too.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Where is the "It's private property and they can do what they want with it" crowd??

Seemed to be lots of them in the whole New Mother/car getting keyed thread. .

Short answer?  Most of them are hypocrites. "Let the property owner decide as long as they agree with meeeee!!111!!"
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice car.

I've never seen "hybrid only" parking. What could possibly be the reasoning behind that?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Their property. Their rules. You may be a client, but you're still a guest and should conduct yourself accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I love spots like those.

I choked and spit up beer all over myself on that shit.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Those signs would look great with my CJ-5 on top of them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Their property. Their rules. You may be a client, but you're still a guest and should conduct yourself accordingly.

the customer is always right
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

the customer is always right

The customer is always right because the customer can always choose to take their business elsewhere if they don't agree with the proprietor's policies.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Rovers are a hybrid of teh sechs and WIN
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Private property, right?

Can't the owner of said property allocate parking as he/she sees fit?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Private property, right?

of course they can, just like I do not have to stay there again. They could have towed me, but chose not to. No one even said anything to me about parking there.  I thought it was more humorous and absurd that they had it than anything.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I've seen that in a few places.

I double park and leave the truck running.

At a high idle.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Have yet to see any of these around here.

I will make it a point to park my lifted 4x4 in any "fuel efficient vehicles" parking spots.

Hey, it is a 4 cyl and is efficient, compared to a D-9 Cat.

It burns oil too, does that qualify me for "alternative fuel" parking as well?

Or if I shut it off, disconnect the coil and use the starter to push it into the spot does that make it a hybrid?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Mine burns gas and rubber.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah I parked there, my company was having a small event there so they dared not ticket me. I had to take a pic. The hotel was called Aloft. They are pretty cool and modern and fit for our needs, but this was a little bit ridiculous.....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/alexmartinjr/hybrid-parking-only-2.jpg

Well, all you did was convince a bunch of people you were a snot nosed yuppy that couldn't read.  Mission accomplished.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
More leftist faggotry.
What a waste of asphalt

Now even I wouldn't say that about the OP.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Too bad you're not driving a Hummer or a Suburban

A Range Rover has more than enough of a carbon footprint, and it has it is on another level of snob appeal entirely, which makes this even more awesome.

Good job OP!

Should have left the windows down, A/C on, and Limbaugh blasting on the stereo though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My college has that, but they actually have plug-in stations for it.

I'd park there and plug in an air conditioner
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Makes my want to get the little "Hybrid" badges and put them on all my cars.

A guy I know slapped "Experimental Bio diesel-35 mpg!" stickers on H1 Humvee (ended up parking it and getting a mini cooper with the fuel savings).  The stickers gave hippies fixed emotions, it was a hummer, so they hate it, but it gets better mileage then their car, so they can't say anything.

Think in reality it got about 6-8 mpg.  It was also gas.

That man is a hero.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Where is the "It's private property and they can do what they want with it" crowd??

Seemed to be lots of them in the whole New Mother/car getting keyed thread. .

"huyrrrr durrrrr der property, der rules"
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Their "ticket" would mean nothing to you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hybrids are a good thing.  You enjoying buying Arab gas?  That was a prick move and give luxary car owners a bad name.

Most of our gas comes from Mexico, like our "American" cars.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Private property, right?

Can they discriminate?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#43]
And here I thought this forum supported private property rights

Their property, their right to make whatever parking lot they want.  **gasp** They can even put up signs to prevent concealed carry **gasp**

Don't like it, don't go to their business.  It's pretty simple kids.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah I parked there, my company was having a small event there so they dared not ticket me. I had to take a pic. The hotel was called Aloft. They are pretty cool and modern and fit for our needs, but this was a little bit ridiculous.....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/alexmartinjr/hybrid-parking-only-2.jpg

Well, all you did was convince a bunch of people you were a snot nosed yuppy that couldn't read.  Mission accomplished.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#45]
fail, no catch net
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Yup. The local "Fresh & Easy" market chain (brit parent company) has those stupid signs.

I make sure to park my old beater pickup in one if it is available.  It is a "Hybrid" - it burns / leaks as much oil as it does gas...

Key my truck? perhaps.  I had worse happen to it in Boulder, CO because of an NRA sticker.

Lem
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#47]
I park my squad car in those spaces.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
fail, no catch net

Too funny.  Can someone 'shop in some arresting gear & wires on that pic?  Maybe a Toyo "Colon" (pre-ass) with a hook in the 4 wire?

Lem
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:37:37 AM EDT
[#49]
A new building in our area has a bunch of spaces marked for "fuel efficient/low emission vehicles only".

I posted about it somewhere.

Apparently it's part of LEED certification, 1 in 20 parking spaces are supposed to be reserved and in "premium" spots or some such crap.

If I have to visit that building, I'm parking my pickup in there and pouring some used motor oil around underneath it. Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 1:37:19 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

A new building in our area has a bunch of spaces marked for "fuel efficient/low emission vehicles only".

I posted about it somewhere.

Apparently it's part of LEED certification, 1 in 20 parking spaces are supposed to be reserved and in "premium" spots or some such crap.

If I have to visit that building, I'm parking my pickup in there and pouring some used motor oil around underneath it. Fuck 'em.

Compared to the 1970's landyachts that I used to drive, my '03 F-150 is very efficient.

More HP, more torque, much better gas mileage, much more cargo space and much more cargo space.

It also runs on E-10 (the 10% ethanol mix sold at every gas station).

So there you go..park your pick up there...I sure as hell would.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top