Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/9/2023 3:45:15 PM EDT
Pretty neat

Magpul - DAKA GRID Organizer
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Not completely sold yet... but definitely interested.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. I like it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quite cool. Not into hard cases but a neat option for organization and stability for those who are.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Why don’t they just release their hunter stock for Savage rifles that they’ve been promising for 3 fucking years???
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I own several pelican cases for my video gear and a couple for firearms.

Yes pick and pluck sucks ass.
Yes cutting your own foam suck ass but last much longer than pick and pluck.
Are custom cut inserts the best way to protect your investment, absolutely. Why scrimp out on protecting gear.

This is all marketing hype...look how loosely the mags are stored in this screen cap.

Attachment Attached File

Crap is going to bounce all over the place in that case. Wonder why they never showed someone carrying it, setting it down and then opening it up?

ETA: you can create custom foam for the v800 for about $200
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I will most likely be getting 1 of these when they release later this year for the Pelican 1750.

This is a great idea. $160 is a little steep but will solve for a problem i have and would like to better solve for.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not completely sold yet... but definitely interested.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#10]
As I get older the less I like bulky hardcases, I've moved towards dedicated soft cases for everything. They take up a lot less space.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't use hard case but looks neat. Interested to see their upcoming hard case is like.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Buying one to try out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#13]
given the modular nature - it is only time before they make a pmag lego for them.  It it is simply an easy way to pump up the margin.  $20 a lego or more.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why don’t they just release their hunter stock for Savage rifles that they’ve been promising for 3 fucking years???
View Quote

This. Seriously, lol.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the idea.  I wonder if it can withstand the same amount of shock that normal foam rubber can?

I do not currently own a Pelican case.  I may wait until Magpul comes out with their own case.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Meh
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As I get older the less I like bulky hardcases, I've moved towards dedicated soft cases for everything. They take up a lot less space.
View Quote

Same here. I have two Pelican long gun cases and aside from two hunting trips, I never use them. They’re tough as shit but man they are some kind of heavy all on their own; then, you load them up and they weigh a freaking ton.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I own several pelican cases for my video gear and a couple for firearms.

Yes pick and pluck sucks ass.
Yes cutting your own foam suck ass but last much longer than pick and pluck.
Are custom cut inserts the best way to protect your investment, absolutely. Why scrimp out on protecting gear.

This is all marketing hype...look how loosely the mags are stored in this screen cap.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/254303/Screen_Shot_2023-01-09_at_1_49_33_PM_png-2666473.JPG

Crap is going to bounce all over the place in that case. Wonder why they never showed someone carrying it, setting it down and then opening it up?

ETA: you can create custom foam for the v800 for about $200
View Quote

the foam from the top side will still press against it
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#19]
years of playing with legos is finally going to pay off!
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#20]
That's actually kinda awesome.

It means you don't have to dedicate a case to a setup - you can swap the case setup around as you swap setups. That means you don't have to cut foam and marry yourself to it. You could basically have one Pelican case to rule them all, as it were.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Interesting.  A good friend gave me a brand new 1750 several years ago and I've never cut the foam because I wasn't sure what to dedicate it to.  This looks like a great solution to that issue.  

Now if only someone could figure out how to get that 1750 into my Jeep.  Holy hell, that thing is big.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I just found a grey foam liner that decomposed into a compressible grey mass.  So, I'm happpy to see something other than that available.

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Same here. I have two Pelican long gun cases and aside from two hunting trips, I never use them. They’re tough as shit but man they are some kind of heavy all on their own; then, you load them up and they weigh a freaking ton.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a hard time passing up on surplus hard cases and finally realized, why the fuck did I buy this? I don't want to haul this shit around lol.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have a hard time passing up on surplus hard cases and finally realized, why the fuck did I buy this? I don't want to haul this shit around lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm more of a pull the foam out and use a soft case that keeps my shit secure and organized when I fly kind of guy. This does look simple though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a case that needs this...

But it sounds really expensive.

I'm pretty sure mine isn't on the list of cases they are directly supporting.

oh well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had two giant Pelican cases (you could fit two shooters' worth of gear in each one for a week of training, no problem - including shoes and clothes) I got for like $50/each at the airport near my house.

Came home, started looking around, and wondering to myself... "the fuck did I just do this for"
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I’m generally opt for soft side cases, but I’m interested in this.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lugging one through an airport sucks out loud
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a secret solution for this, if y’all want to know…

Foam is good and all in the case but the best way to organize your case is to use a soft case in place of the foam (or the majority of foam). Soft cases come with all the pockets to organize and keep secure, has the main compartment. Keeps it real simple.

ETA: Meaning, place the soft case in the hard case. You’ll keep the specifics for whatever long gun in individual soft cases while the hard case is general use.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I've kind of gotten away from using hard cases.  Not because of the foam inserts but because of the huge amount of space they take up.  I switched over to mostly using soft cases since, between all the gun hard cases and all my guitar hard shell cases I was running out of storage space.  Not having an efficient internal storage setup would be nice, however, for any hard cases I might have in the future.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Solid. I like the line of thinking that went into this.

Now I just need to find me one of those $50 Pelican rifle cases.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks nice!
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why don't they just release their hunter stock for Savage rifles that they've been promising for 3 fucking years???
View Quote
They are selling them to Savage for specific model builds right now

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Interested.  

Hopefully they keep the price reasonable
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a couple fairly expensive rifles that I bought hard cases for, built a hot wire cutter, did custom foam, and took to the range one time.

They are too friggin heavy and our rifles are way stronger than we give them credit for.

I toss them in soft sided cases now. My Pelicans sit completely unused. Have for ages.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#37]
They stopped making phone cases!  I had one for my IPhone 7 last year.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Solid. I like the line of thinking that went into this.

Now I just need to find me one of those $50 Pelican rifle cases.
View Quote

$170 Harbor Freight case
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have a couple fairly expensive rifles that I bought hard cases for, built a hot wire cutter, did custom foam, and took to the range one time.

They are too friggin heavy and our rifles are way stronger than we give them credit for.

I toss them in soft sided cases now. My Pelicans sit completely unused. Have for ages.
View Quote

I'm kind of the opposite.  I'm hard on my stuff, especially in transport.  I put thongs in hard cases and throw the hard case in the vehicle.  On top goes the steel and chain today, no worries.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm kind of the opposite.  I'm hard on my stuff, especially in transport.  I put thongs in hard cases and throw the hard case in the vehicle.  On top goes the steel and chain today, no worries.
View Quote

You have thongs?

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#41]
That's actually kind of a spiffy idea. Not buying, I don't need it. Rarely use the foam, unless I'm flying with a rifle.
Quoted:

You have thongs?

View Quote

Doesn't everyone?
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Neat, I'll be looking forward to buying them when they're released, presumably sometime around late 2025.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I've been wanting a hard case. Might be time to get one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#44]
That is cool.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You have thongs?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have thongs?

My side gig: middle age engineering thong dancing, is how I'm able to finance my Turkish import guns.... well... the returned ones.... with blemishes.  Magazines cost extra.   TBH,  Its not really working out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#46]
foam leggos ...wild stuff
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Gun case Legos?
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Hope they make custom sizing available for non-pelican hard cases.  I don't have a case for every gun so the changeability is great.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
foam leggos ...wild stuff
View Quote

Lego already makes foam Legos. Their discovery centers have them. Pretty neat actually.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Not saying it’s not a neat product, but I’ve found that soft cases serve me better.

If I fly, I’ve got a Blackhawk soft case double rifle bag that fits exactly (made to fit exactly) inside a pelican 1700. And the 1700 has wheels to roll it around the airport.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top