User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MOVED
View Quote

I wonder how many employees arfcom has? Is it populated with Brownells? Will mods be forced to get the FauxChi Ouchi?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well honestly what do you expect them to do?
View Quote

Decide whether they want to arm the people (ala PSA) or the tyrants.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow. That guy is a dick.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Double Tapped
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There is no mandate. It's just a press release. No rule has been promulgated, and there is nothing to enforce.

Fuck Hornady for this. Assholes.
View Quote

No final rule = no federal agency law suits. How convenient.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh well. I apparently spent my last dollar on his ammo last week.

Not because of the mandate, but because of this “...don’t listen to anyone but us...”. Yea. Feel free to go fuck yourself steve.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Notice how OSHA has not even come out with a guideline? Get people to comply by fear...
View Quote

Leftists will do anything their Messiah tells them to do.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#8]
"There is nothing you can do to avoid this."  - Steve Hornady

Uhh fuck you Steve, me quitting is doing something to avoid this.  Get fucked

I hope they fold from lack of employees
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The issue is either a supplier or (more likely) a key vendor or sales channel for them is requiring it, and you either do it or lose the business. So if they sell a lot to DoD, or Wal Mart, etc., it's either do it or lose all business.
View Quote

I'm going to guess every box of ammo he offers for sale on the website would sell. Well that was yesterday I guess... today, not so much.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck it, no more @hornady
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like their social media team is having a hard time purging shit from facebook comments.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they have .gov contracts and don't comply they are toast.

That's why they are using the OSHA angle here. OSHA is a nightmare.

I don't agree with it, but I know why they are bending the knee.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I love their ammo and bullets. This is majorly disappointing. Guess it's off to see what else shoots well.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There is no mandate. It's just a press release. No rule has been promulgated, and there is nothing to enforce.

View Quote

EXACTLY!  FJB and Fuck Hornady
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#16]
So much collaborationist bullshit for a mandate that isn't even existent yet.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait until there is a final rule, which will trigger federal lawsuits, which will (hopefully) trigger injunctions against enforcement until the full cases are heard?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Man. I wonder what ratio of their customer base are all about the Vax vs not.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not entirely true.

There are two separate actions from Brandon:

1. OSHA rule applying to companies with 100+ employees.
2. EO applying to DOD employees and contractors and is the reason for the Dec 8 deadline.

#1 is not in effect (yet).
#2 is.

People, like Hornaday, keep getting the two mixed up.

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

We know why they're doing it.  They want to sell bullets to the bad guys.  It's not like they wouldn't be able to survive selling only to civilians.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

CCI sells ammo on their website... if it's in stock, y'know, not sold out because people bought it all.

I guess you'd have to decide how much you want that govt cheese vs peoples money.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What are they supposed to do?
View Quote

Read this thread? I'm going to guess someone there is likely a member here.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

How ‘bout:

Wait until there is a final rule, which will trigger federal lawsuits, which will (hopefully) trigger injunctions against enforcement until the full cases are heard?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Nebraska’s governor said no way he’d allow the mandate here.

Then he gargled on Biden’s dick and said he actually won’t fight it, and now recommends vaccines.

Lots of places in Nebraska are freaking out right now. We expected a Texas style fuck you to it. But our governor decided to tongue fuck Biden’s brown eye instead.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been using Hornady 60gr. V-Max bullets and Hornady brass exclusively for the past dozen years in Service Rifle competition. Even have a Hornady hat I wear every day.

But I got worried about component shortages and recently bought 1000 Sierra 60gr. Match King bullets, because they were available.

But I will miss Hornady .223 brass. It's soft brass that's easy to trim, yet case length and neck tension remain constant up to five reloadings.

Starline recently started offering .223 brass and I bought some. Will see how well they perform. If I like them, will buy more.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Start by not releasing a letter like that.

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Notice how OSHA has not even come out with a guideline? Get people to comply by fear...
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I will stop shooting rather than buy no-balls hornady.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Create a holding company and then multiple independent LLCs for each business section required to stay under 100 employees?  Stop providing to the fedgov like many stopped providing various state agencies with oppressive gun restrictions?  Wait for the inevitable court challenges once a directive is released?

I have over 100 employees.  I've not even considered typing up a bullshit letter like that yet.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not entirely true.

2. EO applying to DOD employees and contractors and is the reason for the Dec 8 deadline.

#2 is.

View Quote

Agree - Hornady is confusing the two, I think.  

If they have Federal contracts, they are forced into having everyone vaccinated.  Otherwise, the OSHA rule allows employees to forego the vaccine and get tested weekly or whatever.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Guys, this is happening EVERYWHERE.  

If a company relies on .gov contracts to survive, this is the situation they are in.  It isn't the company's fault.  I guarantee you that they don't want this.  You have every right to be pissed off, but direct your anger properly.  Be livid at this administration for putting the company in this position.  Don't be mad at the company.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#33]
How many employees does Hornady have?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If a company relies on .gov contracts to survive, this is the situation they are in.  It isn't the company's fault.  I guarantee you that they don't want this.  Be mad at this administration for putting the company in this position.  Don't be mad at the company.
View Quote

Yea, but he's referencing the OSHA rule, and not the Federal Contract rule.  At the very least, he's not communicating this properly.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm going to guess every box of ammo he offers for sale on the website would sell. Well that was yesterday I guess... today, not so much.
View Quote
Yeah and if he was set up for ecommerce he probably wouldn't give two shits, but that would require an infrastructure he doesn't have. He's set up for shipping large quantities to a few distributors because that has been more profitable (it's always cheaper to specialize), so he has the to do the calculus of lose money now or lose money later.

I'm not defending him, but ever since the big boys capitulated to Biden, every mid-size company that sells to businesses in their supply chain or to FedGov (which is almost every company) is between a rock and a hard place. I don't think he's going to lose many customers -- there continues to be huge demand for ammo, and believe it or not the quality and price of the ammo is the biggest factor people use to decide what ammo to buy. But for him and every other company out there, the biggest problem is employee attrition, the average person who works at Hornady will quit over this, I'd bet. He's not an idiot and he's made a decision.

It's just a shitty situation all around promulgated by this administration.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hogwash. The EO does not have the force of law. In addition, .gov contracts are not unilateral. They have to be modified. If he's pulling this, it's because he's an asshole, not because he or his company has to.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Not entirely true.

#2 is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not entirely true.

#2 is.

And neither has the force of law. It's optional. All Hornady has to do is not negotiate that clause into their EXISTING contracts. The .gov cannot mandate a contract mod, it doesn't work that way.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If a company relies on .gov contracts to survive, this is the situation they are in.  It isn't the company's fault.  I guarantee you that they don't want this.  You have every right to be pissed off, but direct your anger properly.  Be livid at this administration for putting the company in this position.  Don't be mad at the company.
View Quote

It most assuredly is the company's fault. There is no force of law behind the EO nor can an EO unilaterally modify an existing contract. It's bullshit, plain and simple and Hornady decided to bow down and kiss the ring of the communists. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I need proof this is legit and not a fake notice before I voice my opinion regarding Hornady.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

The way I see it, these companies have two choices:

1) Give the middle finger to the feds and say no we're not doing that. Enough companies do this, and the federal government will either blink or starve.
2) Comply, then collapse when half their employees quit. Still starves the government, but now the company no longer exists and 100% of its staff becomes unemployed.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fuck that standing up to tyranny isn't just for the plebes
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys are acting like this was a personal decision.

Whoever owns Hornady went to their lawyers and said "Prez Potato said this, what do?"

And this is what their lawyers told them to do.

Hey you guys should be cheering this, their business their rules amirite? Go build bullets somewhere else if you don't want the jab?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong.  Companies have the same responsibility to stand against tyranny as anyone else.  Pretending they get a pass and don't need to have principles just because they sell people stuff is stupid and extremely dangerous.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Whoever owns Hornady went to their lawyers and said "Prez Potato said this, what do?"

Hey you guys should be cheering this, their business their rules amirite? Go build bullets somewhere else if you don't want the jab?
View Quote

Are you a crazy person?  Do what the lawyers say even if it's evil?

Just because the business can choose to operate how they want, doesnt mean that we, as customers, can't get angry and kick them to the curb.

Of course, your whole post could have been sarcasm.  Sad that's it's hard to tell in this day and age.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Please listen to us and nobody else.

So now Hornady is the arbiter of all true information?  

That letter is creepy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

1) Give the middle finger to the feds and say no we're not doing that. Enough companies do this, and the federal government will either blink or starve.
2) Comply, then collapse when half their employees quit. Still starves the government, but now the company no longer exists and 100% of its staff becomes unemployed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I totally agree with the part in red.  I have been hoping that companies would band together in some sort of large scale class action suit or protest.  Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be happening.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You seem to be missing the part where it's not their rules, it's the federal government's rules.

that said, I've lost some respect for Hornady, I always liked them best for reloading gear until now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Wrong.  Companies have the same responsibility to stand against tyranny as anyone else.  Pretending they get a pass and don't need to have principles just because they sell people stuff is stupid and extremely dangerous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I admire your naivety.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Individuals can only do so much to fight this.  They can refuse the vaccine and lose their jobs.  And there's a lot of them doing that.
It is time for some business owners to stand up now.  They can refuse the mandate and maybe lose their livelihoods.  Which business owner will be the first to step up?  Obviously it isn't going to be Hornady.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Basically any company that has over 100 employees and government contracts are going to have to do this.
View Quote

Any company that has government contracts will bend the knee. I don't understand why it's such a big shocker. We've seen it time and time again. Unless a company makes the majority of their revenue from civilian sales, expect them to mandate it.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top