BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I may be in the same boat as you OP. Godspeed.  Been at my company two decades.  The last few years I have had a rocky relationship due to discrimination I faced.  I filed a complaint about that.  However,  the individual who reviewed my complaint is personally friendly with the HR at my employer so they tossed it out.  I elected not to sue that time as I did not have the bandwidth to fight that fight while going through a divorce.  

This time I have an attorney thats willing to take the case, but I will probably lose everything I have possession wise.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guess you will get some atta boy's here.    They going to pay your mortgage?
View Quote
Your bubble had been updated.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
also on Page 1
October 21. after 25 hours of being unemployed I have accepted an offer from a company that I interviewed with last month.

Thank God.

OTOH they will probably jump on the vaccine mandate eventually....but for now a big sigh of relief!

View Quote

That is outstanding news.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]
That's awesome, Tim.
Reminds me of the time I quit a job, and got an offer the next morning. Felt like God wanted me to have the new job.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, thats sort of how I feel!
it pays a few K more a year as well
View Quote

Great news.  I hope you're still going to join the lawsuit though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Great news!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Hell yeah brother. 24 hours of unemployment!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is awesome to hear!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Guess you will get some atta boy's here.    They going to pay your mortgage?
View Quote

Do us all a favor and get some more boosters.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Great news!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm proud of you OP, even if it won't pay your bills I hope it means something to you.

I will be going through the same thing in a month with the Federal mandate.
View Quote

A lot of people will, myself included. I have put back for a rainy day, but the prospect of finding the next employer and hoping they don't do the same thing is not a happy thought. I really think this is the line in the sand. If they can force vaccines what can't they do?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice! Congrats on the new job!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's awesome, Tim.
Reminds me of the time I quit a job, and got an offer the next morning. Felt like God wanted me to have the new job.

Awesome news and I the same for all who stand up to this purely evil mandate.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am going forward by signing on to a class action lawsuit. I need to have my unemployment claim rejected and then I'll sign the paperwork.

Also moving forward with the EEOC complaint.

Cautiously optimistic about the new job.

Thanks for the support, you guys rock!
View Quote

Not sure if I missed it, but what can you share here about the class action lawsuit?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
October 21. after 25 hours of being unemployed I have accepted an offer from a company that I interviewed with last month.
OTOH they will probably jump on the vaccine mandate eventually....but for now a big sigh of relief!
View Quote

well, then that will be TWO companies you can sue for denying your religious exemption request!

You gotta think POSITIVE, mang!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Great news.  !!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
also on Page 1

Thank God.

View Quote

Are they aware they have to actually pay you? Because we were assured that you were gonna starve to death and not be able to pay your bills.

Outstanding news!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Awesome news man..that goes to show you that doing what you did was the correct thing and not caving like they want.

Since you got a new job already...got a few bucks I can borrow?

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Glad it worked out for you
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#27]
OP,

Congrats on the new job, sir.

Congrats on maintaining your integrity during a tough time as well. Not easy and not many can do it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:33:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Also on page 11-
October 21- After 25 hours of being unemployed I have accepted an offer from a company that I interviewed with last month.

Thank God.

OCTOBER 20 AFTERNOON UPDATE- ALSO POSTED PAGE 9

Just before 1 pm the director or my division and her ADC called me on a video chat. They looked like they were not happy with their task and let me know that as a probationary employee (less than 6 months) and based on my refusal to follow the unholy governors illegal order to get the clot shot I was being terminated, effective immediately. They explained a few things and verified my email address and I received my term packet while we were still talking. They were very nice about it and apologetic. Said that they had heard good things about my work there. I in turn absolved them of blame and let them know how wonderful the team of people I worked with are (I wasn't snarky or rude mostly because I wanted them to take my comments on my team mates seriously). They were obviously burdened by having to let people go.

That's it. Done. Finito. I have already filed for benefits but I expect to be turned down as I was fired for what they consider cause. I worked for the Dept of Unemployment Assistance as an adjudicator and even the DUA hadn't issued a broad ruling for denials in Massachusetts.

OCTOBER 20 UPDATE- also posted on page 9

So, I logged in this morning and had an email from the Director of Labor Relations.

Here it is, names redacted-

While your exemption application was under review, you were excused from Executive Order 595, signed by Governor Baker on August 19, 2021, requiring all Executive Department employees to provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus on or before October 17, 2021.  Employees who fail to comply with Executive Order 595 are subject to progressive discipline, up to and including termination.

You must complete the checkbox form provided below and replay to email address listed below by 5PM today, or we will assume you do not intend to comply with the Executive Order, and you will be disciplined. You should continue to report to work unless expressly directed not to report to work by your manager or Agency representative.REPLY TO THIS EMAIL after COMPLETED THE BELOW:
____ I will not comply with Executive Order 595
____ I have received the first Moderna shot on ____ and the second is scheduled on ______.
_____ I received my J&J vaccine on _____.
_____ I received my first Pfizer shot on ____ and the second is scheduled to take place on ______.

My Response-

Despite the Commonwealths decision that my religious beliefs are invalid I will most certainly NOT be complying with Governor Bakers order. His worldly authority does not supersede my obligation to God, or to my conscience.

I would think that the fact that I am wiling to lose my job is a good indicator that my beliefs are sincerely held.

OCTOBER 19 UPDATE-also posted on page 7

I logged in this morning to find an email from 630 pm letting me know that my request for a religious exemption to the governors executive order was deinied.
This is the body of the decision-

"If an exemption is not granted, explain why: Based upon my conversation with you on October 13, 2021 it is my understanding that you are
asserting that your sincerely held beliefs are inconsistent with the requirements of the Executive Order.
Both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were found to be ethically uncontroversial by prolife organizations.
The J&J vaccine has been deemed to be morally acceptable by religious organizations
including the US Conference of Catholic Bishops.
After a thorough consideration of all documents, discussions and available evidence, the direct link
between a sincerely held religious belief and all three COVID-19 vaccines, and a conflict with the Governor's
Executive Order, could not be ascertained."

I am awaiting further instructions from my employer. In the meantime I am still working.

Update 15 OCT- the deadline from Charlie Baker is Sunday the 17th. After that we were threatened with unpaid suspension if we weren't vaxxed. An email went out telling us to report to work on Monday like normal, regardless of our status. No other details.
Naturally I am wondering if they are going to do a damage assessment and sort out their next steps.....

Original post-

I work for a state government (Massachusetts) and the governor declared that all executive branch employees have until October 17th to get the clot shot. The state police are suing over this mandate and I am in touch with a lawyer and if fired will be joining a class action lawsuit.

If I am not approved by October 17 I face a 5 day suspension, unpaid. Ten 10 days, then "further disciplinary action", up to and including termination.

I accept this and don't really want to hear any stupid assed GD level bullshit here. I'm posting this to share my experience and hope that others will know that they are not alone in standing up to this tyranny.

I had a scheduled conference call last week and it was cancelled less than 24 hours prior. I received a new notice yesterday for todays meeting.

Nice lady with hyphenated last name calls me and starts by letting me know that she is essentially checking on my "sincerely held religious beliefs" to see if I qualify. I suppose that means if I convince her that I sincerely hold my beliefs, which I do.

Quite obviously reading from a script, she asked about why I felt the way that I did, I gave her a brief but I hope thorough list of the vaxx makers and aborted baby cell lines used in the development thereof. I also quoted the bible regarding life beginning in the womb.  

She asked if I had taken acetaminophen and I responded that under advice of counsel I declined to answer questions regarding my medical history and due to HIPAA I would need a signed statement of confidentiality before I spoke to anyone about my personal healthcare choices. She asked several other questions along the same vein and replied in the same way- Counsel advised me not to reply/HIPAA.

She asked if I had ever been vaccinated, I replied that not after I was aware of the aborted baby tissue issue.

She asked for info about my church/pastor, I declined, stating again that it was on the advice of counsel.

The whole thing took about 15 minutes. As we closed she said that they would be getting back to me without a firm idea of when that would be. I hope before OCB Friday, but I expect that I may log in on Monday and find my access revoked if the decision does not go in my favor.
View Quote

So now they are requiring a religious purity trust? Lol.

Time to lawyer up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Congrats on the new job OP.

I agree with you though, it's just a matter of time before they work they way to get everyone or sugger whatever consequences theey come up with.

FJB
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Update on mine.  I am guessing more than 50% of my companies employees either asked for an accommodation or declined to do anything.  Corporate sent out an email to me saying that they have extended work from home into second quarter 2022 and my accommodation request would be reviewed early next year.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I am going forward by signing on to a class action lawsuit. I need to have my unemployment claim rejected and then I'll sign the paperwork.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2021 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#33]
I was talking to someone earlier this week who works for the feds and is facing the vax mandate. He’s vaxed but believes the mandate, and having to affirm your vaccination status is just wrong.

He will affirm anyway because he’s already vaxed and doesn’t want to lose his job.

I told him he has to do what he thinks is right. But honestly is says something about the kinds of people in govt who will do what they think is wrong just to keep their job. And that there is what this is all about, purging those who won’t comply and compromising those who remain and ensuring they will follow orders.

Good on you OP. We need more like you in govt. not less
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 7:11:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Great news Tim. My exemption has been pending for over a month now and I have another job interview today. Like many of us, I'm concerned about going somewhere else and having them impose a mandate, but I think if I can get away from government contracting I have a pretty good chance at being safe.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So I applied for unemployment benefits in Rhode Island (where I live) and they have put my claim on hold due to me being terminated.
View Quote

I’m lost.  That doesn’t make sense to me at all.  Isn’t that the point of unemployment?

GD side of me: you need to go all AG Wentworth on them. “It’s my money and I want it now!”  
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So I applied for unemployment benefits in Rhode Island (where I live) and they have put my claim on hold due to me being terminated. I have a telephone interview scheduled on November 10. I am told to expect a call between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm...LOL

Going through with it for the lawsuit, but I start the new job before then.
View Quote

I thought employers paid UI taxes where you worked, and you filed for benefits where the UI was paid for.
I once knew a guy who lived in MI and worked for a company that paid WI taxes.
He had to apply for benefits in WI when they laid him off, and found out the payout was nearly double the MI benefit cap.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congrats on the new job, I hope it works out for you. The lord works in mysterious ways.

Second. Burn them down all the way!
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not sure. up here there is a ton of overlap- remember how small we are. Ive lived in RI and worked in NH, I worked with a lot of folks who lived in CT or Mass and worked in RI, etc.
I worked for the unemoyment department in Mass and you can file in the state you worked in or the one you live in. we had a lot of folks move to Mass to file because the benefits were better.
I have an account in RI because I collected for a few weeks earlier this year so i just reopened it.

You are not automatically eligible for UI benefits. If you are fired for cause or quit your job, for example, you are probably not eligible without mitigating circumstances. Don't get me wrong, people can work the system so usually the honest folks get hosed in this regard.

In my case the feds have been pushing the "fired for cause" for refusing the vaxx and the commie state governments are following suit. I will continue to push the religious denial, their denial specifically referenced a religious doctrine that I don't follow.

This is just one part of a larger war that is being waged against us. This has nothing to do with health, it is about compliance and bending the knee to them. There are a lot of things happening right now and many are connected. This "crisis" is being used to advance an agenda that is not good for America, not consistent with our ideology.

View Quote

Absolutely.

I really cannot see how their attempts at referencing an acceptable religious doctrine/faith exception is not one step closer to state sponsored religion.

Absolute lunacy.

This is an issue where the left is gonna go judge shopping to look for their initial wins.   Extremely dangerous initial steps towards further destroying the country.

Combine that with the insistance of importing as many 3rd worlders as possible for a giant d3mographic chqnge and it is clear who they want out of the way.
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top