Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck to you Tim.

Burn it to the ground.

At some point ARF needs to start a resources page for those offering work and those needing work.

Some of us may be fleeing states while seeking other employment soon while looking for like minded employers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
doubt any exemptions are being granted on "personal belief"

the tone with regard to "religious exemption" has already been set and affirmed by liberal academia, government, and courts

if nearly all religious denominations have NO formal theological opposition to the vaccine (including leadership in specific denominations declaring it "morally justified" and others as a "duty"), how does anyone actually anticipate a "religious exemption" will actually be granted?

short of withdrawing from your current denomination and quickly joining the Reformed Church in America or maybe Church of Christ, Scientist, probably no success will be found battling this
View Quote

This mess we are in regarding people's  conscience being squashed by the government -

as op stated, the fact that people are willing to be fired and blackballed instead of being forced to take a medical procedure says this is a sincere belief.

What follows is a general comment that doesn't apply to you if the text doesn't apply.

This would not be possible as it has happened if we had not decided that a insulting definition of "religion" applied to all worldviews except for the secular one that now utterly rules our government. This has led to government goons not caring one whit about squashing peoples conscience.

You were warned when it was government forcing pharmacists to hand out drugs the believed resulted in abortions. You were warned before 2015 and obergefell how this would destroy the family.

Now, this bigoted secular-central literally to hell with any other view, (especially when it comes to law and enforcement) is forcing people to be subject to experimental consequential medical procedures without their free or informed consent.

But you won't learn.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Sue them into oblivion
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ALSO ON PAGE 1

OCTOBER 20 AFTERNOON UPDATE- ALSO POSTED PAGE 9
Just before 1 pm the director or my division and her ADC called me on a video chat. They looked like they were not happy with their task and let me know that as a probationary employee (less than 6 months) and based on my refusal to follow the unholy governors illegal order to get the clot shot I was being terminated, effective immediately. They explained a few things and verified my email address and I received my term packet while we were still talking. They were very nice about it and apologetic. Said that they had heard good things about my work there. I in turn absolved them of blame and let them know how wonderful the team of people I worked with are (I wasn't snarky or rude mostly because I wanted them to take my comments on my team mates seriously). They were obviously burdened by having to let people go.
That's it. Done. Finito. I have already filed for benefits but I expect to be turned down as I was fired for what they consider cause. I worked for the Dept of Unemployment Assistance as an adjudicator and even the DUA hadn't issued a broad ruling for denials in Massachusetts.
View Quote

Alea iacta est
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
@TimJ

I salute you, and hope I may be as resolute if/when my time comes. I think I will be, but many have folded having previously thought they wouldn't.

But for the grace of God go I.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Be a fucking American.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ALSO ON PAGE 1

Just before 1 pm the director or my division and her ADC called me on a video chat. They looked like they were not happy with their task and let me know that as a probationary employee (less than 6 months) and based on my refusal to follow the unholy governors illegal order to get the clot shot I was being terminated, effective immediately. They explained a few things and verified my email address and I received my term packet while we were still talking. They were very nice about it and apologetic. Said that they had heard good things about my work there. I in turn absolved them of blame and let them know how wonderful the team of people I worked with are (I wasn't snarky or rude mostly because I wanted them to take my comments on my team mates seriously). They were obviously burdened by having to let people go.
That's it. Done. Finito. I have already filed for benefits but I expect to be turned down as I was fired for what they consider cause. I worked for the Dept of Unemployment Assistance as an adjudicator and even the DUA hadn't issued a broad ruling for denials in Massachusetts.

View Quote

Lawyer up now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guess you will get some atta boy's here.    They going to pay your mortgage?
View Quote

If my exemption is approved,  I will pay his Mortgage.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Good on you for forgiving them, but shame on them for doing it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Put together a GFM if you need it OP I will help support all the fighters I can.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#12]
@ TimJ

Admire your courage standing up for your religious beliefs and principles; for being a man who's conviction is unwavering and for setting example. Godspeed in your pursuit against this injustice and violation against your rights.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
thanks. I've filed for UI benefits but I expect to be denied because it's Covid refusal and they consider that "for cause".

Federal EEOC complaint filed. Lawyer discussion begins in earnest now.

I'll continue to update as things transpire.
View Quote
Best of luck with your lawsuit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#15]
OP, please post if you need anything, specifically financial in nature to keep yourself afloat.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't post this to get patted on the back. But I'll tell you, I've drawn strength from that. More than I thought I'd need.

I don't judge anyone who has gotten the vaccine because they think it's valuable. if someone got it because they valued money over virtue, profit over principle or obedience then may I paraphrase? I seek not your counsel nor your arms. Go from me in peace, and may posterity forget that you were once my countryman.

I have about 9 months of living expenses in the bank. And yeah, I'm concerned about my finances. But you know what? I am actually more concerned about blind obedience to a runaway government.  I feel more like Christopher Walken in the first minute of "Weapon of Choice" than Conan standing on a mountain of skulls, I'll tell you that.

I posted this to share with others in my situation and mostly to gather information to help me and maybe some others.

Hold on, I'm going to grab something I wrote to a group of my friends-

This message is for all of you.
Stand on your principles.
Stand your ground.
You are not alone.
But even if you were, stand fast and hold the line. Stand like the Liberty Tree, roots deep, tall and proud.
We are at a pivotal moment in our lives. Whether you win or lose, what you do now, right now, will you regret it in 5 years? 50? Did you stand for what was right or cave in? They will pressure you in ways you may not have thought of. You are being marginalized, trivialized, mocked. Your values, our values, are being assaulted on all fronts. Pressure from family, from friends, from coworkers, clergy. In many ways this is our Atlas Shrugged, 1984, The Gulag Archipelago, all of the dystopian literature happening together. If you made a movie about today, just today, and showed it in the 1950's, no one would believe it. They would think that the Bolsheviks had won.
Maybe they have. But not here, in my house. My heart. My mind. My soul. I will continue to live as an American, to the best of my ability, until I draw my last breath. Whether it be as an old man laughing about these days now, or as a marginalized societal outcast, un-clot-shotted and unrepentant.
I'm not a huge comic book hero nerd- I enjoy the movies but that's it. But this one speech had me on my feet yelling "Fuck yes!" at the theater. You don't have to be a Captain America. But by God be a Private First Class America. Be a Sergeant America. Be a Petty Officer America. Be a fucking American.
This is your hour. If you don't stand now you will have lost your chance, lost your person, lost your country.
Even if you stand by yourself you are not alone. Their are millions of us.

"No, YOU move"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2604/Capn_America-2137252.jpg

View Quote
Well said!
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

That attitude is exactly why we are where we are. If people do not start standing up and saying no, this will not stop.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Don't know if someone else has already mentioned it, but it seems that they violated their own stated regulations on this.

5 day unpaid suspension, then 10 day unpaid suspension before firing.

They didn't give you any suspension and it didn't even get to 5 days at 17 Oct.

ETA:  It would seem that since they violated their own regulations then they fired you before they had legitimate cause.
View Quote

OP is a provisional employee, those rules may not apply.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't know if someone else has already mentioned it, but it seems that they violated their own stated regulations on this.

5 day unpaid suspension, then 10 day unpaid suspension before firing.

They didn't give you any suspension and it didn't even get to 5 days at 17 Oct.

ETA:  It would seem that since they violated their own regulations then they fired you before they had legitimate cause.

Provisional or not, religious discrimination is illegal. Doesn't matter whether he worked a day or a decade.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Sad to read the news, but glad to hear you stood for your beliefs.
Many will be faced with similar situations.

I hope you’re able to land on your feet quickly.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I work for a company that uses a mostly remote workforce.  We might be able to use some remote seasonal help.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry it went this way but thank you for standing firm on your beliefs.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

That’s the spirit!!
The .gov and/or any employer should be allowed to mandate everyone inject anything into the employees’ bodies.
Consequences be damned
Amirite?

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Provisional or not, religious discrimination is illegal. Doesn't matter whether he worked a day or a decade.
View Quote

I was only addressing Jame_Retief 's point that they may have violated their own internal regulations regarding how OP should have been fired.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I applaud your backbone and resolve. Reach out if you need any assistance
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most low T post of the day.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Welp. Enjoy your day off I guess.

Also, hoping you can sue them into oblivion.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Here to help if needed. IM is a click away.

See myself here soon. Can't see my woke company holding out much longer. Surprised it's gone this long.

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
ALSO ON PAGE 1

View Quote

Respect
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Good on you for holding the line. Sincerely - if there's something you need, just ask and I'll help how I can. That said, I probably won't be far behind you with my Boston based employer.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I wonder how many will have what it takes to follow through as you have. Way to stay true to you principles, beliefs and conscience!

I hope you contact eeoc and file a complaint.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm proud of you OP, even if it won't pay your bills I hope it means something to you.

I will be going through the same thing in a month with the Federal mandate.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry OP. Good to you for sticking to your principals, don't let the trolls here get to you. I fear I may be in your shoes soon as well
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I was only addressing Jame_Retief 's point that they may have violated their own internal regulations regarding how OP should have been fired.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. Seems to me like that's more grist for the mill. "Well, your honor, they said they were going to do this, this, and this, and then they ignored all that and told me to leave." I'm sure that will paint the company in a great light for the jury.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OP is a harder mother fucker than most of us will ever hope to be. I respect the fuck out of you.
View Quote

Hear hear !!!!

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Bravo OP. It’s easy for people to talk big until it’s their turn to step up. You stuck to your principles.

I’m in line right now - I’ve got about 6 weeks till I’m put on unpaid leave, then 6 more till I’m canned. I hope I can hold the line like you did and do what I know is right.

But fuck is it tough.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get lost
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm in same situation.  RE is due by the 29th. Expect they will deny it and will get fired too. Already in talks with a lawyer about it.

I'm trying to get those around me to join but I don't think I'll be successful.

I've got money saved and a job lined up that will get me by I think.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#42]
OP if you set up a GFM, let me know.  I'll contribute.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Sorry bud.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Give Send Go is a Christian crowdfundung site that might be an alternative to GFM, what with GFM's propensity to lock up causes they don't like.

https://www.givesendgo.com/

Whether you've been vaxxed or not, unsure of the efficacy of the jabs, or totally sure (whichever side you happen to be on), the moves by this administration and major corporations should be appalling to us all.

We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry bro.

My phones always on if I can help you with anything.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I applaud you for standing up and doing what you know is right.  You are exactly the sort of person we need.  Our country needs people of principal, and brother, you are one.

I will pray that you find a new job. I will pray that you find a happy place.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
ALSO ON PAGE 1

View Quote

In response to the bolded parts....

Fuck them. They took the easy wrong over the hard right.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 1:32:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Socialism hates religion.

Socialism is Communism, Fascism and Marxism rolled into one big atheist all of fuck!

Socialism wants to have total control of the population and right now has control over the weak minded, weak willed and poor. The Middle class is being raped and this vaccine mandate BS is another blow to the Middle Class working family. The jab is the prophetic mark of the beast!
View Quote

I don’t think it’s the mark of the beast. It’s setting us up for it. ??
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, I will absolutely pony up for a month of a fellow 2A enthusiast who stood his ground and might need help.  You wouldn't?  I helped buy a member who was down on his luck a car in another forum so he could get a job (a bunch of us kicked in a little and it was easy). My mom and dad raised me like that.  Doesn't take that many of us to help each other through stuff like this.

I will also employ the OP if his skills are in my industry.  OP, are you by chance in the construction industry?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
OP if you set up a GFM, let me know.  I'll contribute.
View Quote

+1
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top