Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
What's the difference between "seeing ghosts" and hallucinating?

Link Posted: 8/26/2020 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the difference between "seeing ghosts" and hallucinating?

View Quote

Sightings by multiple witnesses, more than one witness to kinetic effects, doors slamming, objects moving, lights being found ON after they were turned off etc.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Great thread.

I didn't see any response your wife may have had to the post below.
If she wants to share, as a life long catholic I would be interested in her POV.

Quoted:

No clue. I'm not catholic. I'll show her this post later.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mentioned that your wife is Catholic. If it's not too personal a question does she attend the Novus Ordo (new) mass or the Tridentine?  Does she use sacramentals? Have any experience with them old rite versus new? Had a mass said in your home or recommended it? Ever talk to her priest about any of it?

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great thread.

If she wants to share, as a life long catholic I would be interested in her POV.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Great thread.

Quoted:
Quoted:
You mentioned that your wife is Catholic. If it's not too personal a question does she attend the Novus Ordo (new) mass or the Tridentine?  Does she use sacramentals? Have any experience with them old rite versus new? Had a mass said in your home or recommended it? Ever talk to her priest about any of it?

I did show her this. I dont remember what she said

Never had a mass in our home. Dont think it's necessary unless something bad is in there. Not sure on whether she's spoke to a priest about it. I dont go to church with her unless it's Christmas, so I'm not sure what's what with that.

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
ive seen em and still sense them. many moons ago i lived on a old home place back in the woods an old lady was killed there she would visit day or night i called here granny gost never saw her but i could smell somthing like cigars or old country brekfest cooking. she would move things around the in kitchen alot. the one i saw was down in a hollow where i was building a pond. nothing would work (heavy equipment)  except for me. any one else come down down in there it would not run. mabey they knew i was was trying to improve a little isted of destroying alot anyway after about aweek there was a big flat rock i pushed up under a tree over looking the pond (oh the week there i would get the same smells i got a the old home place) any way sitting on that rock was a perfect otline of a human it was kind of a sky blue but i could sota see through it. it stayed there for maby half hour watching me. 16 years later last month im in the same holley about mile down fixing road on mini ex for fence same smells no see.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I enjoy supposed real life ghost shows.  Not so much the ghost hunting shows, but those in the vein of The Dead Files.  Briefly described; a medium and a retired detective help families who may be having problems in their homes with a haunting.  The medium tours the home while the family is away and personal items like photos are hidden.  The detective talks with the family and then does research to see if he can find a reason their home might be haunted.  The two don't (supposedly) talk to each other until they meet with the family at the end.  The medium has a sketch artist draw a couple of pictures of what she saw while in the home and they are revealed at that time.  Those pictures really creep me out.

I bet your wife doesn't watch it, but what is her take on other mediums like this?
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I bet your wife doesn't watch it, but what is her take on other mediums like this?
View Quote

Most of the TV mediums, aren't. Some are just good at reading clues, expressions, and their own instincts. They can piece together a lot of things going off their skills. Others don't have a psychic bone in their bodies and just make shit up based on prior research of the families and properties. Basically con men (and women)

There are a few that may be real, but I couldn't say which ones. They all blur together for me. Too many shows to keep track of. She watches those type shows whenever she finds them and critiques them. Kind of like how us gun guys pick apart movies and tv shows (think Glock safeties and hammer cocking sound effects)

Eta: @JavaHiGH. She says Chip Coffee is real. Others (who's names escape her) have some ability, but mostly muddle their way through it and sometimes stumble onto the truth.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Most of the TV mediums, aren't. Some are just good at reading clues, expressions, and their own instincts. They can piece together a lot of things going off their skills. Others don't have a psychic bone in their bodies and just make shit up based on prior research of the families and properties. Basically con men (and women)

There are a few that may be real, but I couldn't say which ones. They all blur together for me. Too many shows to keep track of. She watches those type shows whenever she finds them and critiques them. Kind of like how us gun guys pick apart movies and tv shows (think Glock safeties and hammer cocking sound effects)
View Quote

Your wife should have some sketch artists draw up the people she sees based on her descriptions or do it herself if she has that skill. Would be neat to see if people recognize the deceased.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting thread......I’m sure I’ll have questions as I read through your replies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, if you don’t mind me asking what ball park age range is your wife?

Ask her if she’s had this since childhood if she’s seen a natural progression, like aging, with her ability....

Does she see, hear, speak with the entities she’s encountering externally or internally?

Has she noticed a change in this as she’s aged?

You stated it can’t be turned off and on like a switch, but has she ever tried to learn to do so or had an “wish” to want to learn to do so?

My apologies if these have been asked already.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Your wife should have some sketch artists draw up the people she sees based on her descriptions or do it herself if she has that skill. Would be neat to see if people recognize the deceased.
View Quote
That would be really interesting and really terrifying.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ask her if she’s had this since childhood if she’s seen a natural progression, like aging, with her ability....

Does she see, hear, speak with the entities she’s encountering externally or internally?

You stated it can’t be turned off and on like a switch, but has she ever tried to learn to do so or had an “wish” to want to learn to do so?

View Quote

She's closer to 50 than 40.

Not sure what you mean about internally/externally? Like, speaking aloud, or just in her head? I can say she actually talks aloud.

No change for her. Started as a child, never went away. It's just something she's always been able to do. Her earliest memories are of dead people talking to her.

She never wanted to turn it off, but she's pretty good at pretending she's one of masses who cant see/hear them.

Also, anyone who shows signs of being sensitive to them can hone their skills, if they keep an open mind. She says I'm way more in tune since being around her. Believing goes a long way towards being able to sense them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a cool idea. However, the dead can appear in different ways. Most appear at an age where they were the most content (granny could die at 90, but look 50, etc) That might throw some people off. Also, they can (with practice) not appear, and only be felt or heard. Or obscure themselves as a blurry human-like shape.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not sure what you mean about internally/externally? Like, speaking aloud, or just in her head? I can say she actually talks aloud.

Not doubting what your saying but this is interesting, as usually those who speak of such abilities talk of it waning as they age, or changing. For instance someone with Clarsentience, typically finds that as they age it transitions into a more claraudience etc.

No change for her. Started as a child, never went away. It's just something she's always been able to do. Her earliest memories are of dead people talking to her.

She never wanted to turn it off, but she's pretty good at pretending she's one of masses who cant see/hear them.

This too is interesting, again not saying I don’t believe you, but many people in similar situations state that at least once in there lives they have an experience that makes them wish to have control as to it being turned on/off. I’ve also never seen or heard of pretending to not see them, as a way for entities to leave one alone. My understanding is everyone naturally has such ability, it’s only a matter of awareness and receptivity.

Also, anyone who shows signs of being sensitive to them can hone their skills, if they keep an open mind. She says I'm way more in tune since being around her. Believing goes a long way towards being able to sense them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not doubting what your saying but this is interesting, as usually those who speak of such abilities talk of it waning as they age, or changing. For instance someone with Clarsentience, typically finds that as they age it transitions into a more claraudience etc.

This too is interesting, again not saying I don’t believe you, but many people in similar situations state that at least once in there lives they have an experience that makes them wish to have control as to it being turned on/off. I’ve also never seen or heard of pretending to not see them, as a way for entities to leave one alone. My understanding is everyone naturally has such ability, it’s only a matter of awareness and receptivity.

I’d agree with the last two sentences here, as a lot of it is based on vibration. It carries the same laws. Matches in vibration are common.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do the spirits ever "hound" her when she is ignoring them? (as in they are aware of her special gift).

Interesting thread!
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Very interesting thread.  I've always been fascinated by the topic.  My aunt and cousin (from my mother's side so different last names) went to a John Edward show last year.  No questionnaires answered or anything like that and John picked my aunt out of the crowd and described my older brother to her and asked if his younger brother was a police officer (I am).  He made several comments of things he enjoyed that were spot on.  It was very interesting.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do the spirits ever "hound" her when she is ignoring them? (as in they are aware of her special gift).

Interesting thread!
View Quote

Yes.

Some know what she can do, but she won't interact with them in public or in front of people who dont believe. Some of them get frustrated or impatient.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes.

Some know what she can do, but she won't interact with them in public or in front of people who dont believe. Some of them get frustrated or impatient.
View Quote

What do they typically do when they get impatient or frustrated with her? Does she experience any kind of physical manifestations from such events?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What do they typically do when they get impatient or frustrated with her? Does she experience any kind of physical manifestations from such events?
View Quote

Mostly yelling in her face.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does she have the ability to dispel them/make them go away?

P.S.
And is this a purely onsite phenomenon, or do these entities occasionally follow her around even offsite, trying to get a response?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

P.S.
And is this a purely onsite phenomenon, or do these entities occasionally follow her around even offsite, trying to get a response?
View Quote

They can be banished from homes and such. They're literally everywhere though. In public, ignoring and pretending she's one of the clueless is the only recourse.

They can follow anyone they want. They can also be summoned, but I wouldn't recommend that, nor will I go into how that's done. Bad things can happen. They can quite literally think about a person or place and travel there instantly.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They can be banished from homes and such. They're literally everywhere though. In public, ignoring and pretending she's one of the clueless is the only recourse.

They can follow anyone they want. They can also be summoned, but I wouldn't recommend that, nor will I go into how that's done. Bad things can happen. They can quite literally think about a person or place and travel there instantly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

P.S.

So they can and do follow people home on occasion?

I do recall the post where you mentioned Welcome mats/signs being an open invitation into a home.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I do recall the post where you mentioned Welcome mats/signs being an open invitation into a home.
View Quote

Yep. Welcome mats are basically an open invitation to whomever/whatever sees it. Dont do it.

It doesn't take much to get one's attention, especially if you're just a little bit sensitive.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep. Welcome mats are basically an open invitation to whomever/whatever sees it. Dont do it.

It doesn't take much to get one's attention, especially if you're just a little bit sensitive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm definitely glad I seem to have outgrown it, 'cuz I haven't felt much in many years.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for the discussion, it was enlightening to me by way of the explanation of how things work.
A question, does your wife find any spirits that would seem to be trapped in a location due to some traumatic happening or are they all free to wander?
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thanks for the discussion, it was enlightening to me by way of the explanation of how things work.
A question, does your wife find any spirits that would seem to be trapped in a location due to some traumatic happening or are they all free to wander?
Thanks in advance.
View Quote

They're free, they may not know it or want to wander though. Traumatic deaths sometimes leave them confused. Sometimes they have to be walked through the chain of events (reliving it) in order to move onto other business. For whatever unknown reason, they block it out and lash out at loved ones (who can't see/hear them) for not seeing and hearing them. I guess it's an ingrained coping mechanism that our minds do? Not sure.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes me wonder how often this happens and we don't see/hear it. The person doesn't know they're dead and they're screaming in someone's face trying to get their attention.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now this I can’t agree with. I’ve been around that world my entire life, and I have not ever found it to be a case where a doormat will make a difference. Nor, have I ever heard that said, from the countless people in that world that I know personally.

What is her theory on this?
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#29]
It is a longstanding mythos here in the Appalachian mountains that evil can only enter a home by invitation.

By putting a welcome mat or signage "All are welcome here" it invites everything good or bad into the home...
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Now this I can’t agree with. I’ve been around that world my entire life, and I have not ever found it to be a case where a doormat will make a difference. Nor, have I ever heard that said, from the countless people in that world that I know personally.

View Quote

I'll see if I can get her to go into it more in depth later.

Eta: @ka-tetof1

Well, she's long winded. Let me try to condense it.

Your house has natural barriers (doors, walls, and curtains) These barriers aren't magic, but 99% of the time, they wont cross them (without good reason) A welcome mat, or sign, or cutesy wreath hanging on the porch can negate that barrier by drawing their attention. She doesn't know why it works that way. It just does. "Welcome" in any form, is an open invitation that otherwise wouldn't be an issue.

She talked for 15 minutes. I still dont understand fully. It is what it is.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
So she's just like every other wife?
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Another thread here on arfcom brought up a good point, and a good question for your wife.  When you hear about these sightings, it's always someone way back in history that is seen.  Old style clothes, etc....
Can she distinguish the difference in a historical timeline?  Example given in the thread, anyone ever appear with sideburns and bell bottom jeans from the '70's?  Or even later in history?  Died within a few months?
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Another thread here on arfcom brought up a good point, and a good question for your wife.  When you hear about these sightings, it's always someone way back in history that is seen.  Old style clothes, etc....
Can she distinguish the difference in a historical timeline?  Example given in the thread, anyone ever appear with sideburns and bell bottom jeans from the '70's?  Or even later in history?  Died within a few months?
View Quote

She's seen people (in the last month) that died over the summer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Your house has natural barriers (doors, walls, and curtains) These barriers aren't magic, but 99% of the time, they wont cross them (without good reason) A welcome mat, or sign, or cutesy wreath hanging on the porch can negate that barrier by drawing their attention. She doesn't know why it works that way. It just does. "Welcome" in any form, is an open invitation that otherwise wouldn't be an issue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha, I understand what she’s saying. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It is a longstanding mythos here in the Appalachian mountains that evil can only enter a home by invitation.

By putting a welcome mat or signage "All are welcome here" it invites everything good or bad into the home...
View Quote

This is interesting, I’ve honestly never heard this in my part of the Appalachians. It’s interesting how different areas can have such different customs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#36]
So is there a way to learn how to do it? I've had times where I've thought I've seen or felt something but that's it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Shadow men aren't men. They're something else entirely.
View Quote

what are the shadow men, I have seen them
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I really recommend reading this entire thread, it'll answer a lot of questions.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

what are the shadow men, I have seen them
View Quote

I have no reason to think this, but I was intoxicated the other night and thought about this. They say that humans, or at least our ancestors were not the only human like species on thd planet, we're simply the only ones to have evolved and therefore, the only human like animal on the planet today.

I was thinking, and I must credit Jack Daniels for this, what if we weren't the only human like species to have made it to modern day? What if there has always been another race or subspecies of hunman like creatures who have also made it to now, but due to their nature and ability to appear like and blend into shaddows, have gone unnoticed by us since since time began?

They may not have created cities or homes or aircraft, but that might be how they survive, they have evolved to live, literally, in the shaddows. They live in our homes and cities, they travel on our planes, cars ships etc. We don't notice them and if / when we do, we put it down to any number of things to explain them away and that's how they survive.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I really recommend reading this entire thread, it'll answer a lot of questions.
View Quote

First I've seen of it, and only read half the first page.

But I have to know.

Has anyone  before me asked if she'd mind taking on the nickname REDRUM?

Is she a member here yet? If not, REDRUM should create an account and use it as her screen name.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have no reason to think this, but I was intoxicated the other night and thought about this. They say that humans, or at least our ancestors were not the only human like species on thd planet, we're simply the only ones to have evolved and therefore, the only human like animal on the planet today.

I was thinking, and I must credit Jack Daniels for this, what if we weren't the only human like species to have made it to modern day? What if there has always been another race or subspecies of hunman like creatures who have also made it to now, but due to their nature and ability to appear like and blend into shaddows, have gone unnoticed by us since since time began?

They may not have created cities or homes or aircraft, but that might be how they survive, they have evolved to live, literally, in the shaddows. They live in our homes and cities, they travel on our planes, cars ships etc. We don't notice them and if / when we do, we put it down to any number of things to explain them away and that's how they survive.
View Quote

<<<<< Bigfoot thread is that way.  

Seriously though, if there really are bigfeets, this is how I thought they came to be.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So is there a way to learn how to do it? I've had times where I've thought I've seen or felt something but that's it.
View Quote

@BornToLooze  etal.
A good meditation program will help develop psychic abilities in pretty much anybody and everybody. It does take time and consistency in practicing the exercises.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Eta: @JavaHiGH. She says Chip Coffee is real. Others (who's names escape her) have some ability, but mostly muddle their way through it and sometimes stumble onto the truth.
View Quote

I just saw the edit.  Thanks for that.  I will see what I can find on him.

I've had a theory for sometime now that most folks have this ability (and maybe others), at least to a degree, but we learn to ignore it and build walls that block it out to protect ourselves.

Thanks for this thread.  It's been really interesting.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Do they show up on film? Say you're watching another rerun of Law & Order. Can she see some dead guy walking around behind Olivia?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why do the dead not move on and what does it take for them to move on?
View Quote

Many reasons, all unique and personal to the individual.

Real examples include:
Head of family dies. He stays behind to help cross over those he feels responsible for (children and grandchildren)

Older man who had no children of his own. Stayed behind to watch over a favorite nephew.

40 yearold woman murdered by her boyfriend. She's afraid her father will ruin his life if the boyfriend ever gets out of jail.

Old lady who's favorite thing in life was sitting at her kitchen table, drinking coffee and staring out the window. She's still sitting there.

Getting them to move on usually includes somehow convincing them that they aren't needed here, and are needed wherever they are supposed to go. Some move on when their "job" is done. Some just dont move on because they like it here.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Do they show up on film? Say you're watching another rerun of Law & Order. Can she some dead guy walking around behind Olivia?
View Quote

They can.

Your example would depend whether that dead individual would have a reason to be on set or clinging to her.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:38:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Does she see higher concentrations in certain spots? Places like Disney World or other places of emotional significance for large groups of people?
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not sure. I have felt cold spots, though. On occasion, I have walked into my barn on 90 degree days and ran into a spot that made me shiver. I don't know what the deal is. She explained a lot of stuff to me, not all of it I understood. Like their energy. She says they get it from people around them, but that doesn't explain the ones hidden away in an abandoned house. Maybe they do suck it from the air?
View Quote

So I randomly get these shivers bad. Almost to the point you could call it a twitch.  Regardless of the temperature outside or where I am.  It can happen everywhere at home, in my car, work, whatever. I can always feel it coming on and usually starts in my spine. Any insight to that?
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They can.

Your example would depend whether that dead individual would have a reason to be on set or clinging to her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do they show up on film? Say you're watching another rerun of Law & Order. Can she some dead guy walking around behind Olivia?

They can.

That would totally ruin porn.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top