Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ElInfidel:
Nobody has mentioned the cool zombie flashes that Shane had as he was reanimating.  Well done.  I haven't seen this before in zombie movies.

Jim had flashes in episode 5 of the first season.
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 2:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MyName1sMud] [#3]
^^^^^^ Wait AMC knows about ARFcom?

Maybe they are taken hints from us.

Originally Posted By WPNS462:
Nobody has mentioned the cool zombie flashes that Shane had as he was reanimating.  Well done.  I haven't seen this before in zombie movies.

Jim had flashes in episode 5 of the first season.

Was just about to mention that fact.
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I won't post anything to give anything away... If I did in the past then I'm sorry. I'm still a little confused about why they care though. They are making a show about something that anyone who can read would already know about. I know they aren't following along RIGHT with the book but they are still staying pretty close to it in the actual events.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By MyName1sMud:

I won't post anything to give anything away... If I did in the past then I'm sorry. I'm still a little confused about why they care though. They are making a show about something that anyone who can read would already know about. I know they aren't following along RIGHT with the book but they are still staying pretty close to it in the actual events.

Plus the fact that I have actually had 3 things spoiled from me in picture form, which are taken from the set and uploaded on the internet, like I said before AMC really needs to work on set security.

Link Posted: 3/13/2012 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JeffTheOtherDude:

Plus the fact that I have actually had 3 things spoiled from me in picture form, which are taken from the set and uploaded on the internet, like I said before AMC really needs to work on set security.    

I agree there. They aren't watching their employees close enough.
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]

I personally find comic books (i.e. "graphic novels") boring.  So I would never go and read them.  But I really enjoy watching the show.  It annoys me when people want to feel important by giving out inside information.  It detracts from the excitement in the shows, when there is some.

Link Posted: 3/13/2012 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]

I agree.. It was a nice touch.

Link Posted: 3/14/2012 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dace:

I personally find comic books (i.e. "graphic novels") boring.  So I would never go and read them.  But I really enjoy watching the show.  It annoys me when people want to feel important by giving out inside information.  It detracts from the excitement in the shows, when there is some.

Yeah I read spoiler about this weeks episode. It was correct now that I have rewatched last weeks episode and saw the "previews" for next week.

in fact it appears to be DEAD on.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 10:12:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EdHaney1] [#11]
About time Michonne shows up!!

And I have read the comic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 10:14:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stevemr2t] [#12]
Good episode.... now 1/2 year of borning sunday evenings coming up
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#13]
The Old Man finally decided to go Rambo on some zombies.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By EdHaney1:
About time Michonne shows up!!

And I have read the comic.

haha i feel the same
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By stevemr2t:
Good episode.... now 1/2 year of borning sunday evenings coming up

No nfl and No walking dead! Bah what a waste of a weekend!
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AL25:

That was a magic shotgun that only needs reloading once
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 12:29:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stevemr2t] [#17]
Originally Posted By 19Cohiba75:
Originally Posted By AL25:

That was a magic shotgun that only needs reloading once

Noticed that... clearly an end of the world contender.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By stevemr2t:

Good episode.... now 1/2 year of boring sunday evenings coming up

Other than the last two episodes, this season was pretty damn boring in itself.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Really, really liked last nights episode and I thought they wrapped up the 2nd season pretty darn good. Hopefully next season doesn't have a break like this one did.

Think I might start looking at the Graphic novel and pick up the hardcover "The Govenor".

For those that are worried about their Sunday night viewing. Start watching The Killing or Game of Thrones. Both start April 1st .
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#20]
oh shit... MICHONNE IS HERE!
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Finally! after 2 seasons we get some Zombie action instead of watching the charecters stare out over a field for 10 mins. The show is based on a comic book, so there should be no slow areas to bore us. Leave the sex, long boring conversations, etc. out. Give the viewer what we are waiting for "Action".
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Can't wait for season 3 now, should be good.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I hate to say it, but I feel like they are going to make Michonne into a weak and whinny character and not the bad ass that she is.  

With this group, Rick is the leader, but they need someone who can think ahead and prepare for an assault.  

OMG, Lori.  REALLY?  I think the producers of this show thought, "well, we don't want her to condone killing Shane, so she'll hate Rick at first because we need the drama."

Oh, I understand why Rick didn't tell them what Jenner told him.  He didn't know for sure that he was telling him the truth.  All Rick knew was that Jenner may be lying, but he may not be.  Why scare the group when he had no proof.  Then Carol gets all, "I don't like his leadership skills." WTF?  What if Rick told them what Jenner said up front as soon as he could, and Jenner was wrong?  Then they'd be pissed for lying to him.  Rick can't win.  He can't. Shane can kill Otis (and those who figure it out) will forgive Shane, but OMG Rick is leading us to survival.  HANG HIM!
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By JediChric:

I hate to say it, but I feel like they are going to make Michonne into a weak and whinny character and not the bad ass that she is.

Ummm... Nope!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-michonne-danai-gurira-301498

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 12:10:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JediChric] [#25]
Originally Posted By BlahBlah:

Ummm... Nope!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-michonne-danai-gurira-301498

With the showrunner saying:

Originally Posted By Showrunner:
Walking Dead showrunner Glen Mazzara told THR last week that the character would be one the series makes its own, calling her "our vision" of what's in the comic.[/qoute]

Now I am scared.  I NEVER trust it when someone in Hollywood says, "we want to create our 'own' vision of what we think that character should be."  Maybe it will turn out okay, but I'm not betting on it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Ummm... Nope!

Walking Dead showrunner Glen Mazzara told THR last week that the character would be one the series makes its own, calling her "our vision" of what's in the comic.[/qoute]

Now I am scared.  I NEVER trust it when someone in Hollywood says, "we want to create our 'own' vision of what we think that character should be."  Maybe it will turn out okay, but I'm not betting on it.

I was more worried about the line after that:

"We know that she's a loner, we know she kicks ass. But we have some other traits about that her that are not in the comic book that we'll deviate.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Medicfrost:
"Walking Dead showrunner Glen Mazzara told THR last week that the character would be one the series makes its own, calling her "our vision" of what's in the comic."

"We know that she's a loner, we know she kicks ass. But we have some other traits about that her that are not in the comic book that we'll deviate.

I didn't like that part either.  Scary!
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I cant wait for the next season.  This was an awesome eposide.  Man I can't stand Carol and her liberal view points.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Can anyone tell me what happens in comic?  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Haven't been able to keep up with this or any other thread on arfcom for the past 2-3 weeks, so not sure whether anyone has posted this yet:

"The Walking Dead" Finale: Killings, Katanas, and What's to Come!

My wife IM'd it to me with the "Spoiler Alert!" warning, but when I pressed her on it, she admitted "it doesn't really say much other than what we suspected."

Any way... I don't think these really count as spoilers, but caveat emptor if you're hardcore them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:40:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JediChric] [#32]
Originally Posted By Forest:
"Walking Dead showrunner Glen Mazzara told THR last week that the character would be one the series makes its own, calling her "our vision" of what's in the comic."

I didn't like that part either.  Scary!

Lesbian/Bi character?  This show is missing one...  (every show has to have one )

I thought that was Carol...  
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Ummm... Nope!

Maybe they are going to "deviate" by backtracking for her character for an episode or two to give us back story on her and how she came to have two zombies chained to her, etc. while they touched on it a little bit in the book, perhaps thats the deviation they are refering to (keeping fingers crossed) They love the hell outta "why does so and so feel this way" kinda stuff and it would be fitting for their soap opera like telling of the story.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#34]
God the other thread is full of "Doomsday Preppers".

"Why didn't they do this?" "Why didn't they do that?"
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Man I'm so pissed!!  My DVR didn't record the episode last night.  All I got was 3 episodes leading up to the barn

Any idea when they are replaying last nights episode?
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Watched and loved most of it......What is up with Hercshell and the ultimate 870!!!

Mine only holds 4+1  I think I lost count a 12, unless he was doing some re-loading so quick that  it was in between camera frames....... He did reload one time, that I saw, but that was after the AA12 thing.

I did like the episode, and it gets us ready for Season 3........Blade master!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By g-shooter:
Watched and loved most of it......What is up with Hercshell and the ultimate 870!!!

Mine only holds 4+1  I think I lost count a 12, unless he was doing some re-loading so quick that  it was in between camera frames....... He did reload one time, that I saw, but that was after the AA12 thing.

I did like the episode, and it gets us ready for Season 3........Blade master!!!

If I cared about all the lapses (arent they called spaital lapses or something?) I would have to stop watching, so I try to ignore the small ones.

Like how is Andrea close enough to the prison after running through the woods for the Katana character to save her, yet the other group who was driving vehicles for a long time is also right next to the prison. Rick mentioned the vehicle had been "on the red line for the last hour"
Or how did Herschell never know or mention the prison they were always so close to.  It's obviously within running distance of the farm since Andrea is close to it.
Or how did Shane and Rick end up in the field right next to the farm (with Rick's son right there), if Shane kept leading Rick farther and farther from the farm like he said at the end of the episode.
I could go on but it doesn't matter.

I really like the show, its better then most everything else on TV.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#38]
I thought 90% of that season sucked.

I think I ruined myself between seasons by reading the comics, but we went back and watched season 1 and it was way better.

Finally Michonne shows up, but I bet they don't do nearly as much to her in the show as they do in the comics, and I bet she isn't even close to the same level of crazy/sadistic.

I hate to say it, but they managed to do the same thing to end this season as they did last time, move a significant step further in the story line and leave it hanging for 8 months, and if it ends up being a let down again I'm gonna be pissed.

Tons of awesome story lines branch from the prison, hopefully they fully explore them instead of giving us 8 episodes of the ladies riding the cotton pony again.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

I think I ruined myself between seasons by reading the comics, but we went back and watched season 1 and it was way better.

Finally Michonne shows up, but I bet they don't do nearly as much to her in the show as they do in the comics, and I bet she isn't even close to the same level of crazy/sadistic.

I hate to say it, but they managed to do the same thing to end this season as they did last time, move a significant step further in the story line and leave it hanging for 8 months, and if it ends up being a let down again I'm gonna be pissed.

Tons of awesome story lines branch from the prison, hopefully they fully explore them instead of giving us 8 episodes of the ladies riding the cotton pony again.

The book is always better, that's why I've chosen not to read the comics until after this series is dunzo.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Gastonite:
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

The book is always better, that's why I've chosen not to read the comics until after this series is dunzo.

Book or comic book?

It would be coll if someone turned the comic books into real books.  Then I would read them.

Link Posted: 3/20/2012 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Dace:
Originally Posted By g-shooter:

If I cared about all the lapses (arent they called spaital lapses or something?) I would have to stop watching, so I try to ignore the small ones.

Like how is Andrea close enough to the prison after running through the woods for the Katana character to save her, yet the other group who was driving vehicles for a long time is also right next to the prison. Rick mentioned the vehicle had been "on the red line for the last hour"
Or how did Herschell never know or mention the prison they were always so close to.  It's obviously within running distance of the farm since Andrea is close to it.
Or how did Shane and Rick end up in the field right next to the farm (with Rick's son right there), if Shane kept leading Rick farther and farther from the farm like he said at the end of the episode.
I could go on but it doesn't matter.

I really like the show, its better then most everything else on TV.

Where was it shown that Andrea was close to the prison?

I remember seeing Ricks group being close to the prison but I don't remember them showing that Andrea was close, will re-watch the last part of it tonight.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm confused on why they're on a farm in the country, and no one thought about finding hardcore farm equipment to weaponize.  I'd A-Team out a combine.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm confused on why they're on a farm in the country, and no one thought about finding hardcore farm equipment to weaponize.  I'd A-Team out a combine.

LOL! Definitely made me laugh.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#45]

I agree. Additionally, it wouldn't take that long to take an industrial digging tool or back hoe and dig a moat around the house, or further out around the fence line. Fences may not hold them, but a six foot wide by six foot deep moat would keep 'em out. Hell, fill it up with water and throw in a couple sharks with frickin laser beams...
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Gastonite:

I agree. Additionally, it wouldn't take that long to take an industrial digging tool or back hoe and dig a moat around the house, or further out around the fence line. Fences may not hold them, but a six foot wide by six foot deep moat would keep 'em out. Hell, fill it up with water and throw in a couple sharks with frickin laser beams...

Right, even the Beastmaster had enough sense to set the tar filled moat on fire to keep out the Jun horde.

Link Posted: 3/20/2012 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JeffCsr:
Man I'm so pissed!!  My DVR didn't record the episode last night.  All I got was 3 episodes leading up to the barn

Any idea when they are replaying last nights episode?

They play it later the same night and again on Friday nights.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 3:44:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WPNS462] [#48]

They did make great use of the vehicles though.

I hope Carol dies soon.

ETA* Thoughts on Rick saying it's no longer a democracy? The Talking Dead dudes called it a Ricktatorship.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#50]
My wife asking why they didn't have a bugout plan with a cache at the sublocation. I would have bugged out and come back in the DAYLIGHT and do some recon. It might have taken some time before the horde left due to inactivity. They didn't "lose" the farm, persay.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top