Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bestiller:

Tar Heel State firearms has GHM9 Compacts in stock
View Quote
I just ordered one... he said they have 10 left. Don’t forget free SBR Form 1 engraving.

GHM9 Compact
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Got it at East Orange Shooting Sports in Oviedo ... I special order it about 3 weeks ago !!! On the way to the range ... They do have a APC9 with a SB Tactical Brace
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

What store? Do they have more?
View Quote
Got it at East Orange Shooting Sports in Oviedo ... I special order it about 3 weeks ago !!! On the way to the range ... They do have a APC9 with a SB Tactical Brace
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got back from the range .... WOW !!! I quite a few 9mm Pistol Sub Guns and PCC. Nothing is as smooth of a shooter at this B&T !!! Love it ... Shoot about 100 round of ball and Gold Dot Hollow Points .... No malfunctions !!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 1:27:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OAK667] [#5]
Originally Posted By Montesf1030:
Just got back from the range .... WOW !!! I quite a few 9mm Pistol Sub Guns and PCC. Nothing is as smooth of a shooter at this B&T !!! Love it ... Shoot about 100 round of ball and Gold Dot Hollow Points .... No malfunctions !!!! https://imgur.com/gallery/95ExgBo
View Quote
Your pictures didn’t post, correctly.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Montesf1030:
Just got back from the range .... WOW !!! I quite a few 9mm Pistol Sub Guns and PCC. Nothing is as smooth of a shooter at this B&T !!! Love it ... Shoot about 100 round of ball and Gold Dot Hollow Points .... No malfunctions !!!! https://imgur.com/gallery/95ExgBo
View Quote
Reposting pic for Montesf1030.

Link Posted: 9/20/2018 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
GHM compact seems a little pricier than the original GHM I purchased?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By exotic-toys:
GHM compact seems a little pricier than the original GHM I purchased?
View Quote
From the prices I've seen, I believe the MSRP is the same for GHM regular and compact.  However, the Compact is new, so there's a little more excitement around it.

Translation: retailers are not discounting the Compact as much, at least until the newness wears off.  Give it a bit, and it will again be about the same price as the non-compact model.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Something else to consider now..............

Grip discussion
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:24:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR_Owner] [#10]
New owner here. just got my GHM9 last weekend. Like it so far.

What is everyone doing for slings... any cool packs to carry it it? My main reason for purchase was that we camp a lot in semi remote areas and I wanted something I could toss in a backpack and take in our camper for a little more capability than my CCW.

Added an older Eotech and a TLR-1HL

Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I've read this thread in its entirety, I like this gun over the scorpion and over the sig mpx.
Is this the most reliable and fail free of the (scorpion/sig mpx)?

Also I want either the gen 2 compact or gen 2 standard.
What is the overall Lengh in inches of each the standard and the compact? (overall Lengh including the telescopic cool looking stock) 500$ I guess).

Please help me, I got the cash and I'm ready to buy now
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By UserTime:
Also I want either the gen 2 compact or gen 2 standard.
What is the overall Lengh in inches of each the standard and the compact? (overall Lengh including the telescopic cool looking stock) 500$ I guess).

Please help me, I got the cash and I'm ready to buy now
View Quote
For the compact the overall length I put on my Form 1 is 23.54.

I'm not sure what the standard is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:41:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#13]
GHM9 Compact Overall Length: 23.54in (stock extended)

14.6in (stock folded)

GHM9 Full Size Overall Length: 25.9 in (stock extended)

17.1in (stock folded)

That’s with the B&T folding stock. That’s the measurements I used on my Compact Form 1 and the specs on the GHM9 full size are from B&T’s spec sheet on their website.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#14]
GHM9 Compact Overall Length: 23.54in (stock extended)

14.6in (stock folded)

GHM9 Full Size Overall Length: 25.9 in (stock extended)

17.1in (stock folded)

That’s with the B&T folding stock. That’s the measurements I used on my Compact Form 1 and the specs on the GHM9 full size are from B&T’s spec sheet on their website.
View Quote
Thank you Oak667

And thank you tiller!

So I guess... The difference isn't quite to much. What is the smallest possible functional s
Supressor I can add to this!? I want the smallest overall solution
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Also, which is more reliable, better materials used gun?  Ghm9 or. Sig mpx? I'm torn between, can only afford one
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 2:15:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OAK667] [#16]

Thank you Oak667

And thank you tiller!

So I guess... The difference isn't quite to much. What is the smallest possible functional s
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thank you Oak667

And thank you tiller!

Without going down that rabbit hole, Thompson Machinine Poseidon micro-9mm suppressor, it’s 4.125” long by 1.2in dia, weighing 3.8oz.

Just add 4inches to the OVAL, to whatever system your interested in.

I’ll be using a Sig SRD45, as I already own it.

Also, which is more reliable, better materials used gun?  Ghm9 or. Sig mpx? I'm torn between, can only afford one
Here is my thoughts... I own the new Sig Vertis 5.56 and I love that rifle! It’s accurate, highly reliable, and an overall joy to run. As soon as I get out of the shower I’m picking up my GHM9 Compact.

The GHM9 is cheaper than the MCX. The GHM9 is more compact especially in COMPACT. I’ll add more to this once I run it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Thank you Oak667

And thank you tiller!

View Quote
Gemtech Aurora comes to mind, as does the Rugged Obsidian 9 in short configuration, Omega 9k, Dead Air Wolf or Odessa in short configurations, and Q looks to soon be releasing a 9mm Erector which will let you customize length.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you plumber and oak,

I appreciate your responses, those are great suggestions for suppressors.

Guys, I have a dilemma... I don't know weather to get he Mpx o the GHM9, they both offer great platform at my desired overall lengths.

I currently has a G19 ccw. and DDM4 V11
I only can afford a gun once a year.

2nd question

Is there any other way to buy a suppressors without the year long wait

Can I buy from anther Person
How do I speed up this ridiculous time pocess
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you plumber and oak,

I appreciate your responses, those are great suggestions for suppressors.

Guys, I have a dilemma... I don't know weather to get he Mpx o the GHM9, they both offer great platform at my desired overall lengths.

I currently has a G19 ccw. and DDM4 V11
I only can afford a gun once a year.

2nd question

Is there any other way to buy a suppressors without the year long wait

Can I buy from anther Person
How do I speed up this ridiculous time pocess
View Quote
I can’t speak for the MPX, I don’t own one. I do have 7 B&T’s and don’t regret getting any of them.

Suppressors fall under NFA (National Firearms Act) regulations (Title 2) and require registration and  tax payment.
Acquiring them is an exercise in patience that would make Mr Miyagi impatient.
There is no (legal) shortcut to the process. I just mail my forms off and mentally forget about them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought a MPX right after they came out. I like the B&T GHM9 better in every way except the magazines... I liked the MPX magazines better. The MPX I purchased had very poor fit and finish... the charging handle was floppy and I found shooting it suppressed not nearly as pleasant as the B&T... YMMV
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OAK667] [#21]

She just came home! The trigger weight is more than the firearm itself. She weighs 5lbs and some oz. the trigger is a firm 7lb 10oz.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:56:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#22]
Congrats! Very Nice! Hurry and SBR it or slap a telescopic brace on it. Be careful, they multiply like rabbits.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Based on the comments above, I've pulled the trigger on a compact Ghm9! I can't buy the ridiculous overpriced telescopic brace yet but I will by Christmas, best looking one!
I'm exited. But the suppressor thing...that disgusts me. I don't mind the tax, but the wait is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 4:22:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OAK667] [#24]
Congrats! Very Nice! Hurry and SBR it or slap a telescopic brace on it. Be careful, they multiply like rabbits.
View All Quotes
Scott at THSF was awesome sending the serial # when he shipped her. I just dropped the Form 1 at the post office minutes ago.

Based on the comments above, I've pulled the trigger on a compact Ghm9! I can't buy the ridiculous overpriced telescopic brace yet but I will by Christmas, best looking one!
I'm exited. But the suppressor thing...that disgusts me. I don't mind the tax, but the wait is ridiculous.
Honestly I thought about going brace. The brace price is $500ish!!! Tax stamp is $200 + whatever this stock (that is not release yet) might cost maybe $200-300. The brace has no added value to me and my Compact came SBR engraved (for free!!!) So SBR we go... in around 3 months.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#25]
bestiller here is a question you can probably answer. I have never SBR’d a pistol only rifle to SBR. Can I have possession of the proprietary GHM9 stock without the Form 1 and have it left in the packaging in the back of my safe definitely not installed. Or do I need my Form 1 to even be in possession of that stock?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I’m not an NFA lawyer or expert by any stretch and not intending to to start another black hole 922r type thread hijack on this subject.
To answer your question, NO you can NOT be in physical possession of both the gun and stock without having a tax stamp. Constructive Intent is the term that continually comes up when people ask this question.
Someone else who’s home or safe you have no direct self access to, can keep/hold the stock for you in their possession until your stamp comes back.

Have I ever seen fools at ranges with non registered SBR’s or oil filter suppressors? YES!  Did an ATF helicopter immediately land and take them away? NO

I take every legal precaution to not invite trouble into my life but that’s just me. On the the flip side, if you’re to the point that you have FBI/ATF agents combing through your home and gun safe, having a stock stuffed away somewhere is probably the least of your troubles IMO.
YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Awesome, thanks!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#28]
What is an official handle for the rail?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OAK667] [#29]
Little info the SIG MCX trigger or “SIG MCX Matchlite” is 100% compatible with the GHM9 even utilizing the B&T factory safety.

We are now sitting at 5lb 4oz.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Is blowback system in Ghm9 better Than the piston on a sig mpx?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Is blowback system in Ghm9 better Than the piston on a sig mpx?
View Quote
Blowback has be utilized since 1880, it is a proven design. The MPX if it works like the MCX is a highly reliable system.

Gas blowback operating system is going to weigh less than a short stroke piston.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#32]
So I canceled my order for the GHM9.... Because now I'm torn between the ACP9 and Ghm9...
I can't quite tell what the difference is.

Can I put the telescopic tail system on the acp9?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#33]
So I canceled my order for the GHM9.... Because now I'm torn between the ACP9 and Ghm9...
I can't quite tell what the difference is.

Can I put the telescopic tail system on the acp9?
View Quote
LOL..Get both..I have both, and aside from sturdier stock options, ( I actually prefer the “wire” stock on the GHM9) I’d be lying if I said there’s definitely a clear $700 difference between the APC9 and GHM9. Both are outstanding quality, the precision craftsmanship is obvious on both, both have the hydraulic buffer system. Honestly, I don’t know how they sell the GHM9 at that price and make any profit.
To answer your question, yes there is a telescopic brace system for the APC platform.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Apc9 shoots hollow points right?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Apc9 shoots hollow points right?
View Quote
Yes and GHM9 does as well
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Which is the better built weapon, which is truly better as far as materials used, technology used
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 7:19:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: exotic-toys] [#37]
Which is the better built weapon, which is truly better as far as materials used, technology used
View Quote
Usertime, I have one of each of the B&T weapons.  TP9, KH9, PT9, GHM9, APC9, & USW.  The TP9 is the one I dislike the most from their lineup.  I think the KH9 & APC9 are built the best.  However, the rest are extremely well made and are tier above the "scorpion"(Which I've owned) and few other 9mm carbines I've handled, but not including the HK MP5/k lineup and their clones.  Some of those mp5 clones are fantastic, but some serious dogs exist in that lineup if you get a bad one.

Good Luck with your search
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Thank you so much.
What do you mean dogs and if I get a bad one?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Thank you so much.
What do you mean dogs and if I get a bad one?
View Quote
He's referring to bad MP5 clones..  NOT B&T products.  A lot of the early MP5 clones were hit & miss.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for clarification, i still don't know which one to get haha.... The Apc9 or Ghm9. Idk what to base it off on, I don't know why one or the other. If I did the decision would be easy.

I'm wondering now
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for clarification, i still don't know which one to get haha.... The Apc9 or Ghm9. Idk what to base it off on, I don't know why one or the other. If I did the decision would be easy.

I'm wondering now
View Quote
UserTime,
The APC line is the flagship. It’s definitely the model you will see in the hands of law enforcement or SWAT over the GHM9. If an extra $700 doesn’t matter to you, absolutely go with it, you won’t regret it, you won’t regret the GHM9 either though. I have the 7 B&T’s and there’s no regret for getting any of them. The are all high quality weapons.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Awesome, thabks so much! Apc9 it is
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#43]
You chose wisely.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:10:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#44]
B&T GHM9 update:
FYI — serial numbers and the feed ramp update for Hollow Point/Flat Nose ammunition

As has been discussed, some early serial number examples of the GHM9 did not function well with hollow point rounds and certain flat-nose bullet profiles, and thus needed to have their feed ramp replaced with a newer, HP-friendly feed ramp.  In some of these discussions, it had been mentioned that serial numbers starting with “US 17-xxxxx” or “US 18-xxxxx” had the upgraded part already in place, but “US 16-xxxxx” models needed the update.

However this seems to be only partially correct, as the production changeover for the redesigned feed ramp apparently happened during the “US 16-xxxxx” run, as some later weapons falling into that "US 16" SN range have been found to already have the updated ramp installed.

The upshot of all this is just to let people know that not all GHM9 “US 16-xxxxx” weapons are in need of the update.  My example is “US 16-224xx” (purchased new) and I have verified with B&T USA that it indeed already had the newer ramp in place.

PS:  B&T Customer Service continues to impress me, actually responding to my email request over the *weekend*!  Extremely high quality weapons AND top-notch Customer Service???  Bravo!
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Rob21SF:
It's just removing 4 screws and replacing with the buttstock.  I'm doing that on my GHM9 compact when I receive my stamp back.  B&T has dealers that sells the buttstock piece on own.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rob21SF:
Originally Posted By sqwerl:
If you buy the collapsible/telescopic brace and tailhook, then you SBR the gun, how hard is it to remove the tailhook and add the factory butt plate that's originally shipped with the stock assembly? Assuming you can find just the butt plate.
It's just removing 4 screws and replacing with the buttstock.  I'm doing that on my GHM9 compact when I receive my stamp back.  B&T has dealers that sells the buttstock piece on own.
Hi, can someone link me to where I can buy just the buttplate for the Telescopic brace with Tailhook? I just filed my Form 1 and would like to change the Tailhook to the B&T buttplate. Google isn't turning up anything. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Are you guys removing the thread potector when attaching a suppressor via the tri lug adapter? Mine was walking loose until I put an o-ring behind it. Don't have my suppressor yet, just curious.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Hox:
Are you guys removing the thread potector when attaching a suppressor via the tri lug adapter? Mine was walking loose until I put an o-ring behind it. Don't have my suppressor yet, just curious.
View Quote
If it's walking off I'd recommend just using a little rocksett to keep it tight. It's probably not a good idea to remove it, the threads will get all covered in carbon and will be a huge pain in the ass to clean if you ever needed to use them for anything.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Kent:
B&T GHM9 update:
FYI — serial numbers and the feed ramp update for Hollow Point/Flat Nose ammunition

As has been discussed, some early serial number examples of the GHM9 did not function well with hollow point rounds and certain flat-nose bullet profiles, and thus needed to have their feed ramp replaced with a newer, HP-friendly feed ramp.  In some of these discussions, it had been mentioned that serial numbers starting with “US 17-xxxxx” or “US 18-xxxxx” had the upgraded part already in place, but “US 16-xxxxx” models needed the update.

However this seems to be only partially correct, as the production changeover for the redesigned feed ramp apparently happened during the “US 16-xxxxx” run, as some later weapons falling into that "US 16" SN range have been found to already have the updated ramp installed.

The upshot of all this is just to let people know that not all GHM9 “US 16-xxxxx” weapons are in need of the update.  My example is “US 16-224xx” (purchased new) and I have verified with B&T USA that it indeed already had the newer ramp in place.

PS:  B&T Customer Service continues to impress me, actually responding to my email request over the *weekend*!  Extremely high quality weapons AND top-notch Customer Service???  Bravo!
View Quote
So, my GHM is a 16-222x and needs the fix.  The fix costs us $50 from my understanding?  They throwing freebies in?  I might have missed whats included in the upgrade?  When I've gone through similar situations with other gun companies all costs were picked up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 8:46:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#49]
So, my GHM is a 16-222x and needs the fix.  The fix costs us $50 from my understanding?  They throwing freebies in?  I might have missed whats included in the upgrade?  When I've gone through similar situations with other gun companies all costs were picked up.
View All Quotes
B&T GHM9 update:

From what I was told:
*You need to pay out-of-pocket to ship the upper to B&T USA (they need ONLY the upper, so the box is small so the shipping isn't too bad).  
*Your $50 upgrade fee covers installation of the new feedramp, and also covers the shipping to return the upper back to you via overnight (or 2-day air -- can't remember which).
*It is only the feedramp that gets replaced -- it is a bolt-in part, so no welding or grinding happens.
*The turn-around is 1-2 weeks.

I don't know if they throw in any 'gifts' or not, since I haven't had to do it.

I think they look at it as more of an 'upgrade' rather than a 'fix', since the weapon was designed to function 100% on ball ammo (which I've been told is all civilians and even police can have, in a lot of Europe -- thus the need for the 'upgrade' was only here in the USA).
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#50]
From what I was told:
*You need to pay out-of-pocket to ship the upper to B&T USA (they need ONLY the upper, so the box is small so the shipping isn't too bad).  
*Your $50 upgrade fee covers installation of the new feedramp, and also covers the shipping to return the upper back to you via overnight (or 2-day air -- can't remember which).
*It is only the feedramp that gets replaced -- it is a bolt-in part, so no welding or grinding happens.

I think they look at it as more of an 'upgrade' rather than a 'fix', since the weapon was designed to function 100% on ball ammo (which I've been told is all civilians and even police can have, in a lot of Europe -- thus the need for the 'upgrade' was only here in the USA).
View All Quotes
B&T GHM9 update:

From what I was told:

Thanks!  I'll get it ready Saturday...Pics before and after ..
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top