User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 71
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Parabellum226:
@LongTrang

As a heads up, although the book is not bad to have, I believe that might be the only M45 photo in it. Just wanted to temper expectations.

Although it showed up earlier in the thread, I feel it might be good to repost this from KC Crawford’s site. It outlines the changes along the development of the MEU(SOC) and later M45 with feedback from multiple other 2112s. https://kcskustomcreations.com/meu-soc-variations-and-price-list/

He also happens to sell really good quality reproduction parts and he does full builds (I don’t own one, but I’ve never really seen anything but compliments about his work).

From what I recall, the latest gen (after serviceable GI receivers were few and far between) used Caspian Modern Receivers in carbon steel and integral plunger tubes. I also believe that PWS ordered them pre-cut for the .250 radius Ed brown. The M45s had MC### serial frames, and I think the shooting team guns also had unique frame prefixes.
View Quote

Thank you for the info.  Aside from the M45 goodness I was interested in the book mainly for general MARSOC info.

A big +1 for KC Custom.  I have purchased their parts in the past and they are outstanding.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I would like to know about rails that were added to standard M45 frames....

What rails (manufactures) were added ?    Just Dawson ?

Is there a current rail, that perhaps not 100% correct but will accept all standard pistol lights ?    .....or is there a rail that is correct that accepts all modern pistol lights (insights, Surefire, etc)?

Thank You.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:57:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#3]
Originally Posted By norshon3:

Is there a current rail, that perhaps not 100% correct but will accept all standard pistol lights ?    .....or is there a rail that is correct that accepts all modern pistol lights (insights, Surefire, etc)?

Thank You.
View Quote

Just to point out added Dawson rail only apply to Kimber IQCB. No other MEUSOC pistols had add-on rail.

If you are referring to the light rail that is secured by slide stop pin, that was made by Surefire and already discontinued.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:03:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Infidel4life11] [#4]
Originally Posted By norshon3:

Thank You.
View Quote

Surefire 310R non rail

Dawson style rail. Like mlin said were only apart of the DET-1 Kimbers

Dawson style rail requires an adapter to fit SF X300 lights
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:09:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toftwo] [#5]
That should be the Gen 3 variant. The pic that RM posted with a mix of old and new parts on a GI frame.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Getting a little worried about the MEUSOC following after seeing a second Valor build for sale in the last thirty days...
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:42:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#7]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:
Getting a little worried about the MEUSOC following after seeing a second Valor build for sale in the last thirty days...
View Quote

Lmao if that’s about the armslist listing that went up today out of Cleveland, I have no shame in saying I did that for Nick as free advertising in anticipation of his MEUSOC raffle he is debuting this weekend. I am not getting rid of that thing for anything. Custom SN, come on man!

ETA: no idea who the other one is, he hasn’t done that many and it’s surprising someone would offload it already.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:54:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5pt56] [#8]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

Lmao if that’s about the armslist listing that went up today out of Cleveland, I have no shame in saying I did that for Nick as free advertising in anticipation of his MEUSOC raffle he is debuting this weekend. I am not getting rid of that thing for anything. Custom SN, come on man!

ETA: no idea who the other one is, he hasn’t done that many and it’s surprising someone would offload it already.
View Quote

@Infidel4life11

And I will vouch, his (Valor Precision) work is amazing. My MEUSOC is his 4th or 5th one and its in route back to me!
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:39:15 AM EDT
[#9]
@NapeSticksToKids

LOL, yeah, I saw the Armslist post, and IIRC Infidel put his up on EE last month.

I can't handle a world in which MEUSOC clones aren't cool anymore, hence my concern.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:45:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Infidel4life11] [#10]
View Quote

@NapeSticksToKids

LOL, yeah, I saw the Armslist post, and IIRC Infidel put his up on EE last month.

I can't handle a world in which MEUSOC clones aren't cool anymore, hence my concern.
View Quote

The raffle is my original full build variant 4 I started gathering parts on. Me and valor worked out a deal and he ended up with the Caspian frame and loaded slide, building MC 0187 for a raffle.

I sold my VP built loaded base gun for $1850 in a few days of posting it so that I could fund some other stuff and throw some cash at this raffle and maybe get my OG dream gun back lol.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:00:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Parabellum226] [#11]
Nick just finished up a Meusoc for me and another for a friend (the railed one he posted recently)... he’s also building a third for another buddy. I haven’t seen the finished product up close yet, but he’s been one of the easiest to deal with gunsmiths I’ve encountered.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 2:44:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#12]
I saw the ones he shipped out yesterday. The railed one is sex.

Infidel, the one you have coming to you is freaking amazing. My boss just ordered parts to make one exactly like it. Love the flat trigger!
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 3:28:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Parabellum226] [#13]
The railed one is actually a replica one of the “experimental” ones from PWS earlier on in the thread.

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 4:11:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dunderway] [#14]
The railed one is actually a replica one of the "experimental" ones from PWS earlier on in the thread.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5641/20453705234_5c6afc06fd_z.jpg
View Quote
Thanks for posting that.  I've been looking for that photo forever.  Did anyone confirm what frame that was?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 4:18:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Parabellum226] [#15]
Based on my eyeballs it looked to be an early gen of caspian frame that were called the extreme series or something of the sort. They might have been used on the first gen Sig 1911s... let me see if I can dig up the pic for the same page.

Found it
The railed 1911 in this picture was built on a Caspian Extreme Recon Frame...

Well... looking back at the thread sure brought up some feels. Back on or about page 29, I created a weapon record file utilizing the various pictures I had seen on the internet. There was a lot of guestimation and photoshopping done but it resulted in a passable book. When we lost Hobbs, one of the members (Jeff) thought up the idea of selling the books to benefit Hobbs’ family. I was provided a scan of the PWS book from which I refined the dimensions and fixed an error on the cover. I never made the file of the books available to the masses without the John Hobbs tribute page, as this was not meant to be sold and I never got around to hosting it after the fact.

Hopefully late is better than never. Here’s one of the files I created.  Let’s see if this works.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jJHo6MHjSfP5mjoPBuw32uVJR_HcOdao/view?usp=sharing

Here’s the original Hobbs Tribute
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13haX969Qsv4ZgMsYLQ5_E-RCZVY8mu1w/view?usp=sharing
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#16]
SN: MC 0187

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By M4arc:

Got my tickets today!
View Quote

Good
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Update on the Valor build.

Have not shot it, but based on my tabletop fondling the gun feels great. Nick definitely paid close attention to detail... I tried taking the gun apart to nitpick and a couldn’t find anything wrong. Frame/slide was comparable to a Wilson CQB, trigger is super clean and crisp, and blending was spot on.

What’s more, I found out that some of the MC serial guns that showed up in this thread and inspired me were actually built by him per his log book. I’m probably preaching to the choir here but if anyone is one the fence about him building your gun, don’t be.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Update on the Valor build.

Have not shot it, but based on my tabletop fondling the gun feels great. Nick definitely paid close attention to detail... I tried taking the gun apart to nitpick and a couldn’t find anything wrong. Frame/slide was comparable to a Wilson CQB, trigger is super clean and crisp, and blending was spot on.

What’s more, I found out that some of the MC serial guns that showed up in this thread and inspired me were actually built by him per his log book. I’m probably preaching to the choir here but if anyone is one the fence about him building your gun, don’t be.
View Quote

Me and Bro Nape @NapeSticksToKids tried to told you MFer’s lol. I just got a non standard build back from Nick that’s more of a “Delta” inspired clone and it is amazing.

We’re currently working an old school “spare parts” build that I’m going to send him in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Nick was super stoked about finding pics of his guns. We were talking about how hindsight is always 20/20 and we both wished we had taken more pics to reminisce with while we were in. He never took a single pic at PWS so he was very happy to find some.

Infidel I have to bump up a clone of your inspired build. That thing is pure gunfighter handgun.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:50:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
Nick was super stoked about finding pics of his guns. We were talking about how hindsight is always 20/20 and we both wished we had taken more pics to reminisce with while we were in. He never took a single pic at PWS so he was very happy to find some.

Infidel I have to bump up a clone of your inspired build. That thing is pure gunfighter handgun.
View Quote

Bumped into some JSOC dudes in Afghanistan back in the day. One was carrying pretty much the exact gun Nick built for me, which I believe now to be the “Springfield Delta” pistol or a version of. The other guy was carrying an older version, USGI National Match m1911a1 with a Dawson Rail. The later I’m currently gathering parts for now.  I didn’t have a picture phone/smart phone back then and didn’t want to whip out my disposable camera to take pics but I wish I did. Those guns have been burnt into my memory all this time and now I’m making them real.

I bring that Valor gun home on Friday.  I hit you up for some pics.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:45:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#24]
Pretty interesting photo that showed the original Cerakote M45A1 still in the active service in 2021. I thought those were all returned to Colt in exchange of newer IonBond finish.

A U.S. Marine with the All Domain Reconnaissance Detachment, 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit, sights in with an M1911 pistol while conducting dry-fire drills during Realistic Urban Training exercise at Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Arizona, Feb. 21, 2021. RUT provides the 11th MEU an opportunity to train and execute operations as a Marine Air-Ground Task Force in an urban environment, where the ADRD serves a critical role bringing capabilities for reconnaissance and surveillance missions and precision raids. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Israel Chincio)
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mlin:
Pretty interesting photo that showed the original Cerakote M45A1 still in the active service in 2021. I thought those were all returned to Colt in exchange of newer IonBond finish.

A U.S. Marine with the All Domain Reconnaissance Detachment, 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit, sights in with an M1911 pistol while conducting dry-fire drills during Realistic Urban Training exercise at Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Arizona, Feb. 21, 2021. RUT provides the 11th MEU an opportunity to train and execute operations as a Marine Air-Ground Task Force in an urban environment, where the ADRD serves a critical role bringing capabilities for reconnaissance and surveillance missions and precision raids. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Israel Chincio)
https://i.imgur.com/d351Wrsh.jpg
View Quote

So much want!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow. I purchased a Colt custom m45A1 two years ago for $1,650. I just checked GB, which used to be full of these and the prices on the few remaining seem to have doubled. M45A1 stamp and newer Decabond finish.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Another photo shot this year, Desert Sand Cerakote again from a different unit. I have not seem much official military published photos showed M45A1 with IonBond finish. Maybe the M45A1 contracts ended sooner after the switch and not that many newly finished pistols were in the circulation before the program cancelled?

U.S. Marine Corps Capt. Dillon Hartmann, a platoon commander, with 3d Reconnaissance Battalion, 3d Marine Division, fires his pistol during Close-Quarters Battle training at Camp Schwab, Okinawa, Japan on Jan. 25, 2021. CQB training improves weapon proficiency and reinforces the Marine’s ability to quickly make decisions in an operational environment. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. David Staten)
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ericoak:
Wow. I purchased a Colt custom m45A1 two years ago for $1,650. I just checked GB, which used to be full of these and the prices on the few remaining seem to have doubled. M45A1 stamp and newer Decabond finish.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By mlin:
Another photo shot this year, Desert Sand Cerakote again from a different unit. I have not seem much official military published photos showed M45A1 with IonBond finish. Maybe the M45A1 contracts ended sooner after the switch and not that many newly finished pistols were in the circulation before the program cancelled?

U.S. Marine Corps Capt. Dillon Hartmann, a platoon commander, with 3d Reconnaissance Battalion, 3d Marine Division, fires his pistol during Close-Quarters Battle training at Camp Schwab, Okinawa, Japan on Jan. 25, 2021. CQB training improves weapon proficiency and reinforces the Marine’s ability to quickly make decisions in an operational environment. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. David Staten)
https://i.imgur.com/Ea5T0YX.jpg
View Quote

Schwab has a pretty good MOUT town iirc
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ericoak:
View Quote

You are seeing the stupidity of covid shortages, Colt selling to CZ and neck bread fudds loosing their minds.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:38:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pleaforwar] [#32]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:

You are seeing the stupidity of covid shortages, Colt selling to CZ and neck bread fudds loosing their minds.
View Quote

I had the chance to buy one at the Huachuca Exchange for pre-Covid prices but they wouldn't sell to me because I was TDY, even though I was a resident.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:

View Quote

Take away covid and fudd idea. I say they continue to head north. Have they all been going for $7k. No. Will they ever head south of $2000 again ? Doubt it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Got my tickets last week.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By KTMmx001:
Got my tickets last week.
View Quote

Sweet!
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Switched grips and put a magwell on her
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone seen any difference in durability between the KC bar stock sights and the original Millets?

I have KCs on my MEU(SOC) build and assume the Millets are cast.

(Acquiring parts for my last build, which is a stainless PSA frame and GI hard slide...sort of a hybrid between our favorite 1911 and a Pachmyer Combat Special.)
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:39:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Millett front sight is cast. I don't think you will notice much difference between original vs KC reproduction unless you really beat up your guns. Millett made both narrow and wide tenon front sights. If only stack it, wide tenon one is the better option. KC use narrow tenon, but he silver solders sight, so the sight is permanently fixed to the slide.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By OODA_Loop:
Has anyone seen any difference in durability between the KC bar stock sights and the original Millets?

I have KCs on my MEU(SOC) build and assume the Millets are cast.

(Acquiring parts for my last build, which is a stainless PSA frame and GI hard slide...sort of a hybrid between our favorite 1911 and a Pachmyer Combat Special.)
View Quote

+1 on everything mlin mentions. As far as durability, KC’s front sight is a bit beefier in the sight skirt area. Not sure how that translates to durability but it’s worth mentioning.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#41]
That looks real nice I'm gonna have to do that to mine
What mag well did you use?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By maxaks:
That looks real nice I'm gonna have to do that to mine
What mag well did you use?
View Quote

@maxaks

Who are you replying to brother?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:44:12 AM EDT
[#43]
@infidelforlife
Your kinmber?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By maxaks:
@infidelforlife
Your kinmber?
View Quote

Gotcha, Stan Chen Shooter Installed magwell.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:19:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toftwo] [#45]
" />
" />
Just got the Gen 1 back from the 2112 today! Super happy with it. Finding a completely stainless trigger is very difficult. Now to build the Gen 3 and I'm Done!,  no, not really!
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Toftwo:
https://i.imgur.com/qM9nSRm.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/qM9nSRm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/I1tx7A9.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/I1tx7A9.jpg
Just got the Gen 1 back from the 2112 today! Super happy with it. Finding a completely stainless trigger is very difficult. Now to build the Gen 3 and I'm Done!,  no, not really!
View Quote

Nice! I’m wavering again...
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Lol, gen4 or gen 2, let me know
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#48]
https://i.imgur.com/qM9nSRm.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/qM9nSRm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/I1tx7A9.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/I1tx7A9.jpg
View Quote

Alright brother. Which one is your favorite?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Lol, gen4 or gen 2, let me know
View Quote

Good possibility
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#50]
I like the looks of the Gen2, but if I needed to fight with one it would be the gen4. However the amount of work the 2112’s did on the Gen1 is pretty awesome. They had to lower the ejection ports, mill down and re-cut the mainspring housings, silver solder the front sights, fabricate the rear sight. Then build it, very cool!
Page / 71
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top