Link Posted: 2/25/2009 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Wormydog1724:

Awesome paint job. How'd u do it?

+1 - That looks awesome!
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 8:51:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sogsifu] [#2]
Originally Posted By Cubieman:
So maybe I am missing something...but why shoot the coyotes? My aunt and uncle do this here in NE and they try to justify it by saying "well, they bite the cow's legs and such.." although where they hunt is far far away from any cows or farms. Personally with THEIR situation (not anyone on here) I think that they just like roaming around in their trucks in the country using the radio and shooting at animals. I can understand the rush and thrill of something like that, but at the end of the day it is just killing an animal for nothing more than getting kicks. They also say "you should see the ones WE shoot, they are sickly and are about to die". Even if this is the case why not let them live out the remainder of their life just the same? When humans are sick, should we have this same mentality? Same could be said with the over population 'argument' I have heard. Anyways, I am honestly just wondering what you guys do with these coyotes when they die or why you hunt them in the first place? Don't think I am comparing you with the statements above, that is just what I have heard regarding coyote hunting. I guess I have always had the impression that we should only shoot what we are going to eat, or utilize in some important way. And maybe you are doing something along these lines. Not trying to start an argument by any means, I am SERIOUSLY just wondering. Hopefully people on here can read my entire post and understand my question/viewpoint before calling me a pussy or whatever.

+1    
I understand Wormydog1724 point of view to protect his financial interest however, that is just a waste .  Is there a limit on Dog kills at one time?
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sogsifu:
So maybe I am missing something...but why shoot the coyotes? My aunt and uncle do this here in NE and they try to justify it by saying "well, they bite the cow's legs and such.." although where they hunt is far far away from any cows or farms. Personally with THEIR situation (not anyone on here) I think that they just like roaming around in their trucks in the country using the radio and shooting at animals. I can understand the rush and thrill of something like that, but at the end of the day it is just killing an animal for nothing more than getting kicks. They also say "you should see the ones WE shoot, they are sickly and are about to die". Even if this is the case why not let them live out the remainder of their life just the same? When humans are sick, should we have this same mentality? Same could be said with the over population 'argument' I have heard. Anyways, I am honestly just wondering what you guys do with these coyotes when they die or why you hunt them in the first place? Don't think I am comparing you with the statements above, that is just what I have heard regarding coyote hunting. I guess I have always had the impression that we should only shoot what we are going to eat, or utilize in some important way. And maybe you are doing something along these lines. Not trying to start an argument by any means, I am SERIOUSLY just wondering. Hopefully people on here can read my entire post and understand my question/viewpoint before calling me a pussy or whatever.

+1    
I understand Wormydog1724 point of view to protect his financial interest however, that is just a waste .  Is there a limit on Dog kills at one time?

If the population is that high...(which it obviously is) you are looking at a lot of damage to both Wormy's property, but also the local environment.  

Here in in East TN you are lucky to see more than small groups...they are there, but they are wary.  TN has open season year round...no limit.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2009 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]

+1    

what exactly is "just a waste"? i dont understand what u are saying about whats wasted

Link Posted: 2/25/2009 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#5]

+1    

what exactly is "just a waste"? i dont understand what u are saying about whats wasted

Not knowing what "waste" I'm refering to says it all.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#6]

+1    

ok. i get your point. wish you could understand mine, but since thats not going happen, lets see some more SCOPED VARMINT RIFLES!!!!

pic thread:

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 1:23:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cubieman] [#7]
I get it Wormy, makes sense to me. Was honestly just wondering.

(posted this pic already, but I need to even out the discussion/picture ratio since I spurred the discussion)

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#9]
217, that looks great.  Can your bipod extend enough that you can shoot 30rd magazines?  If so, what make/model is it?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:11:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dogbomb] [#10]
Here is my armabush topped with a leupold 4X12-40, with harris bipod
Armalite A2 lower
Bushmaster H-BAR 16" upper

http://<ahttp://www.forumjpg.com/userImages/82012309481872.JPG</a>" />
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, maybe not an all-out varminter, but here's my scoped RRA Entry Tactical with Millett 1-4x DMS-1 scope:

(And, yes - I've since removed the sticker from the scope barrel. )

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Varmint and whitetail punisher...........6x45.............

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GHILLIE:
Here is a somewhat poor pic of my coyote rifle with her non-identical twin.  Still deciding on a trigger for her.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r222/hans1911/DSC02746_edited.jpg

I recently put a Timney 4 lb in my long range AR.  I got it from Global Tactical and they had it in stock.  I had a hard time finding one.

It went in 15 minutes and feels great.  I have not taken it to the range yet.  My brother put some 2 stage in his and it was nightmare to put in.  I would highly reccommend a Timney from Global Tactical.

Good luck.

Henry
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's my new setup.

Link Posted: 7/7/2009 3:13:11 AM EDT
[#17]
My Colt Match Target Tactical Elite.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Ancient pix of the Bushmaster V-MATCH 24:

Link Posted: 7/10/2009 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/11/2009 1:13:53 AM EDT
[#20]
RRA NM A4

YHM rail

Ace stock

Primary Arms 4.5-14

Harris bipod

Link Posted: 7/11/2009 3:24:43 AM EDT
[#21]

RRA 24" Varmint A4
Link Posted: 7/11/2009 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Shawnmt6601:
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

nice yote!

how far, and what bullet?

Sorry for the late reply.

I shot a few dogs around this time period that looked similar, but I believe this was the one that came in saw me and was sneaking out when he got hit in the back of the head. Bullet was a 60 grain Vmax handload and range guesstimated at 50 to 60 yards.  

Link Posted: 7/11/2009 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's mine:

And what I get out of it:

I have since changed the skope mount to an ADM but I haven't taken any new pics with it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2009 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#24]
This is my POF. I'm still working on it. It still needs a better stock. Question... I notice some scopes are mounted pretty far forward... right at or near the back of the receiver. I needed to put mine further back to be comfortable. Is it just a matter of eye-relief on some scopes? Or is it the position of the stock when firing? I'm tall and need my stock to be fully extended to be in a "natural" firing position. Or could it be that most of my "scoped rifle" shooting has been done with a bolt gun. Just curious.
Link Posted: 7/11/2009 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By oneshot_onekill:

This is my POF. I'm still working on it. It still needs a better stock. Question... I notice some scopes are mounted pretty far forward... right at or near the back of the receiver. I needed to put mine further back to be comfortable. Is it just a matter of eye-relief on some scopes? Or is it the position of the stock when firing? I'm tall and need my stock to be fully extended to be in a "natural" firing position. Or could it be that most of my "scoped rifle" shooting has been done with a bolt gun. Just curious. http://i29.tinypic.com/e7mb6e.jpg

It's just a matter of preference and what works for the individual shooter.

I shoot in different positions including prone and prefer the scope to be mounted farther forward to accommodate that.

Have you ever shot that rifle prone? It doesn't look like it would be easy to get a decent position with the scope that far back.

Link Posted: 7/11/2009 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Bushmaster 24" Varminter 1:9

Bushmaster 24" SS Varminter 1:9
Link Posted: 7/11/2009 8:06:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yoteslayer77] [#27]
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Remington R-15 VTR CS
18 inch barrel
Nikon 3-9x40 Buckmasters scope BDC reticle
pinestraw paint job on scope, barrel, and buffer tube

Browning A-Bolt .223 WSSM
Leupold 6.5-20x40 VX-III  Long Range Reticle

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 12:21:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Holescreek] [#29]
Home machined lower
20" stainless varmint upper
Home machined solid aluminum stock
Home machined 4130 steel buffer tube
Home machined brake
RRA 2 stage trigger
Duracoat paint

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 12:23:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Holescreek] [#30]

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 12:57:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Place saver for when I get off my butt and take a couple of pics...

RRA Varmint Upper 18" Bull Barrel Bead Blasted
Spikes Lower
PRS Stock
Leupold Mark 2 3-9x40
LaRue Mount
Rock Ridge Bi-pod (need to get a Harris)
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:14:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SubEclipse] [#32]
Link Posted: 8/7/2009 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Greetings,

Plenty of great looking rifles! To you guys with round float tubes; how did you go about the bi-pod attachment? I did one with a sling swivel in a Houge tube and it didn't come out perfect, all of these look top notch. Any hints appreciated. Thanks!

Regards, Jim
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Just finished mine last week & heading out to the range today to start breaking in the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Headshots all day out to 500.  Lose my ability at 700 with 15-20 mph winds and no spotter...
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 1:01:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SubEclipse] [#36]
Originally Posted By jim-analog:

Greetings,

Plenty of great looking rifles! To you guys with round float tubes; how did you go about the bi-pod attachment? I did one with a sling swivel in a Houge tube and it didn't come out perfect, all of these look top notch. Any hints appreciated. Thanks!

Regards, Jim

I have a Harris BRM-S / LaRue mount combo mounted on a VTac.
Link Posted: 11/14/2009 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mr70ss:
Specs:
Tactical Innovations BDX billet lower
Vultor MUR-1A Upper w/ FA
Magpul PRS stock Gen II
Sabre Defense 24" 410 Stainless fluted bull barrel
Daniel Defense LITE 14.0 rail system
Young National Match BCG
DPMS tactical grip
Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x50 (30mm tube, LR target turrets)
American Defense AD-Recon 30mm scope mount w/ QD
Bobro bipod w/ QD
PRI .960 low profile gas block

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2971/img6089rh7.jpg
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2016/img6105px1.jpg
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7903/img6083pt2.jpg

I freakin' love this rifle!!  OUTSTANDING MY FRIEND!!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2009 11:04:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MalleusDei] [#38]

Thanks Rainier Arms, you guys are awesome!

Specs:
Rainier Arms Upper w/ FA
Magpul PRS stock Gen II
Young National Match BCG
Magpul MIAD tactical grip
Mapgul MBUS's
Leupold VX-3 8.5-25 x50 Varmint Reticle (30mm tube, LR target turrets)
Bobro 30mm scope mount w/ QD
VLTOR bipod
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50 with American Defense qd mount.  
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz295/andyvu1980/DSC00429.jpg
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#40]

+1    

Do you kill mice in your house?  If so why?
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Some upgrades coming for this beauty.
This is my last 1/9 barrel, and it does more than well  enough with 75gr 5.56 T2 TAP that I'm keeping it at least for a while.
Some of the 1/9s don't like the heavier ammo, but this one seemed to tighten up as you go from .223  to 5.56 pressure.
The last Hornady 75gr T2 5.56 pressure 10 shot group I shot with it was just under MOA at 400 yards with one called flier!

I had shot pretty well with it at 200 yards, only the second time I had even tried 75gr OTM, grouping under 2 MOA despite some strong swirling winds.
Then the wind totally dies away and I told my buddy, let's take a crack at that 400 yard target.
I was thinking about replacing this barrel with a 20" WOA or even a Krieger match in a 1/7 to 1/8 twist, until those results.
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Ranier is awesome, no doubt about that!

Beautiful rifle, thinking about a 14 DD myself for the Varminter.
How is that 24" Sabre barrel working out for you?
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#44]
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab11/bigjunk1/005-2.jpg   http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab11/bigjunk1/003-3.jpg   This shoots 1'' groups at 300 yards.It is a Wilson 24'' ss 1/8 twist with Fields integrated muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 12:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UGA02] [#45]
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#46]
RRA Predator Pursuit

Link Posted: 1/5/2010 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#47]
My Bushmaster V match with my buddies Stag

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 6:41:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NYMarksman] [#48]
My 2
The top one is my Remington R-15 with 22 inch barrel. Both rifles are using Weaver Classic V24 6-14x42 scopes with Burris P.E.P.R. one peice mounts

The bottom is a Stag lower and a DPMS Panther Sweet 16 Upper. I just put this one together last night.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MalleusDei:
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg91/malleusdei_photo/DSC05113.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg91/malleusdei_photo/DSC05119.jpg

Thanks Rainier Arms, you guys are awesome!

Specs:
Rainier Arms Upper w/ FA
Magpul PRS stock Gen II
Young National Match BCG
Magpul MIAD tactical grip
Mapgul MBUS's
Leupold VX-3 8.5-25 x50 Varmint Reticle (30mm tube, LR target turrets)
Bobro 30mm scope mount w/ QD
VLTOR bipod

nice, but what about the other rifle?  its gotta scope, lets see a dedicated pic and specs!
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 12
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top