Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/8/2006 2:34:16 PM EDT
Here's the scenario:

One of your children has been kidnapped by a group of men.

Videotape catches the identity of one of the kidnappers with absolute certainty.

The cops catch him. He won't talk. He won't give up the location of your child or his accomplices.

One of the cops takes you aside and says "I feel for you, pal. If you want, I can leave you alone with him for a few hours and see if you can get him to talk. Do whatever you need to do. Or you can wait for him to go to trial in a few months and hope for justice that way."

What do you do?

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The fucker would talk or die.........slowly and painfully and be awake for it all.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here's the scenario:

One of your children has been kidnapped by a group of men.

Videotape catches the identity of one of the kidnappers with absolute certainty.

The cops catch him. He won't talk. He won't give up the location of your child or his accomplices.

One of the cops takes you aside and says "I feel for you, pal. If you want, I can leave you alone with him for a few hours and see if you can get him to talk. Do whatever you need to do. Or you can wait for him to go to trial in a few months and hope for justice that way."

What do you do?

I'd torture his ass and I'd have a good time doing it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]
No brainer ... wouldn't even have to think about it ... You screw with my son your gonna pay ...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
It should happen for any child. IF there is no doubt as shown in this example.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]
i'm gonna need some gloves as well if you don't mind...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't even have to read the situation. I'd do it,and if I got my kid back, I'd sleep mighty well that night. He wouldn't.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
As I've said before: The Red is positive and the Black is negative.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd torture someone to get info to protect my family.

I would also torture someone for revenge if they did real harm to my family.

I dont think our government should torture American citizens.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]
abso-frickin-loutely and without reservation
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Give me a pair of pliers bolt cutters and a blowtorch.

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Shit, I'd torture him if I was the cop too.  Remember that episode of The Shield where they were tryin' to find some little girl and the guy wouldn't talk?  Vic walks in with a grocery bag and pulls out a phone book, a bottle of booze and a box-cutter.  The guy asks what it's for and Vic says "that's what I'm going to use to get you to tell me where the girl is" *hits perp in throat with phonebook*
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Man on Fire. his ass,
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes! Absolutely!

Oh, wait, I thought the question was: Would torture someone for ten bucks?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#14]
That's not a tough choice.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd torture him for my kids no question about that...

Hell I might even torture him if it were your kids

Hell I'd probably torture him for anybody's kids especially if the cops give me a free pass
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]
While I never would/will have children, I'm all for torturing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Would you like to broaden your education?    Let me show you how a soldering iron works.  Where is the kid, again?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't forget the 3lb sledgehammer.

"This little piggy..."

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#20]
The people burried under my deck would say yes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I am going to need a knife and some lemon juice also.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
That's not a tough choice.

To some here it is:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=425667&page=2&#-1
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#23]
knife.
pliers.
red hot poker.
naked pictures of Nancy Pelosi.

not necessarily in that order.  He'd fold at the pics.

Seriously, bear in mind the intent is to save my kids.  I would not enjoy it, I would be troubled by it later, but I think could not continue living if I had not done everything to save my kids while there was hope of saving them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd do it for someone's kids in bangladesh.
When it was over I'd piss all over the dead body....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd be willing to torture for ANYONE'S life if it meant saving it.  When my children are concerned, I'd DO anything to save them.

I feel sorry for the person who answered NO in the poll.

HH
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
my kids fuckin a right i would.

hell i'd do it for someone elses kids as well.

Roger that!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'd be willing to torture for ANYONE'S life if it meant saving it.  When my children are concerned, I'd DO anything to save them.

I feel sorry for the person who answered NO in the poll.

HH

Don't feel sorry for them.

Feel sorry for the people who would depend on them.

While their lives are in danger, the people they counted on would likely be busy telling everyone how wrong it is to torture someone, in order to make themselves feel morally superior.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Man on Fire. his ass,

+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Yea,but the funny thing is I dont have any children as of yetIt puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again

And just who was the panty wearing,spotted owl tonque kissing tree hugger that wouldnt hook a car battery to someones junk to save there kids
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'd torture someone to get info to protect my family.

I would also torture someone for revenge if they did real harm to my family.

I dont think our government should torture American citizens.

Even if it meant saving American lives, be they civilian or military?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#32]
It scares me to think of the awful things that would happen to anyone who would hurt my child. I would invent a few new things that have never happened to anyone before. My rotting in hell  would be fine as long as I could get my hands on them. I know this is not a Christian response but my child is everthing to me...........
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh he is so fucked, he has no idea.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#34]

no problem....I'd do what had to be done
no remorse
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Who's the libtard that voted no, I wanna threaten to  torture a squirrel so he'll buy me guns.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
As I've said before: The Red is positive and the Black is negative.

Unless you are using AC, then Red Black and Blue are positive Phase A B and C respectively and White is neutral and green is ground.

If I had my way with the guy you could be damn sure he'd have plenty of potential.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
i'm gonna need some gloves as well if you don't mind...

and a battery and some jump start cables.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Get the info any way possible.  Then kill him.    I don't have any kids, but same rules apply with my sisters, neices, etc...  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#39]
It's not the breaking of bones that makes them talk.

It's how you work them after you break them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd torture the shit out of him.  If he failed to tell me the info and my kid dies, I'd spend the rest of my life hunting down his whole family so I could torture them too just for revenge.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd do it for my dog who sleeps in my bed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#42]
22 to the joints...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Yea,but the funny thing is I dont have any children as of yetIt puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again

And just who was the panty wearing,spotted owl tonque kissing tree hugger that wouldnt hook a car battery to someones junk to save there kids

That would be me.  torture is hardly the most effective means of gathering information - it is also one of the slowest.  There are better methods for getting my child back - but, I must admit, none of those options would satisfy some of the blood lust I've seen here.
Matt
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Hell yeah, I would. Guarantee it.

He'd be confessing to killing Abe Lincoln and the Lindbergh kidnapping by the time I was done.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

He'd be confessing to killing Abe Lincoln and the Lindbergh kidnapping by the time I was done.

And that is exactly why torture is a dumb idea when time is of the essence and would be only to satisfy your need for vengance.

Life isn't like the movies.
Matt
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#46]
alright, who's the one and only puss that said no
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
The people burried under my deck would say yes.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I would do it for ANY kid. People that mess with children or know someone that messes with children and don't do anything about it, are the lowest pieces of shit in the world and I wouldn't even blink at hooking them up to a car battery and making cuts in the web of their fingers and toes with a razor blade if they just wouldn't talk.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Of course.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And that is exactly why torture is a dumb idea when time is of the essence and would be only to satisfy your need for vengance.

Life isn't like the movies.
Matt

When time is of the essence? Compared to what? Negotiating with him and/or his lawyer?

Screw that. It would take about two hours, max, and I'm not talking about the touchy feely torture that "happened" at Abu Ghraib. That fucker would sing like a bird.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top