Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd put firecrackers in his asshole and his cock.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
show me where the pliers are
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
alright, who's the one and only puss that said no

See the post above yours.

He gets to claim an internet halo.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell yeah, I would. Guarantee it.

He'd be confessing to killing Abe Lincoln and the Lindbergh kidnapping by the time I was done.

And that is exactly why torture is a dumb idea when time is of the essence and would be only to satisfy your need for vengance.

Life isn't like the movies.
Matt

When time is of the essence? Compared to what? Negotiating with him and/or his lawyer?

Screw that. It would take about two hours, max, and I'm not talking about the touchy feely torture that "happened" at Abu Ghraib. That fucker would sing like a bird.

Same thing I wrote in the other thread for bastiat.  

Two words:  Water Board

only ONE of the many non-torture methods of convincing people to tell you the truth.  
Matt
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The kidnapper would talk.

I guarantee it.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#6]
For all children.  Without a doubt.  PERIOD
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My kids?!?!?!  What are you kidding?

Honey?  Where are the paddle bits for the Makita?  I know I used them installing that last dead bolt last week......
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I won't really say I'd torture anybody on a public board.....but you can be sure I'd find out what I'd need to know.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm really not anti-torture, or anti corporal punishment, at all.  It doesn't have to raise to the level of my children.  I'm talking philosophically here, I'm not advocating breaking the law.  I'm also not talking about finding an excuse to do it and enjoy it, as some of you seem to be.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#10]
A friend of mine had his three kids held while living down in South America. He used two lawyers,extreme unrelenting pressure and carefully applied fear. Told them "turn them over or we're leaving tomorrow cause we're convinced they're dead. Once we're officially out of this country....." Those fucktards understood completely what he meant and turned them loose.
Torture limits your options.Not saying never do it,just see if other options exist.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Man on Fire. his ass,

Do you know what time it is?!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm really not anti-torture, or anti corporal punishment, at all.  It doesn't have to raise to the level of my children.  I'm talking philosophically here, I'm not advocating breaking the law.  I'm also not talking about finding an excuse to do it and enjoy it, as some of you seem to be.  

Be serious.....the initial question beggs smart-assed comments and comic interpretations.  I don't think many are sitting around salivating at the thought of knee-capping someone "...just 'cause..."

I think the seniment here is that many/most of us would take serious action against someone who threatened children.  You disagree?  You state your not advocating breaking the law but I'm not aware of a provision for administering ANY kind of pain (mental, physical, etc..) by us the lay citizen regardless of circumstances.....

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#13]
"You probably don't think I could force this towel down your throat, but trust me I can. All the way. Except that I'd hold onto this little bit at the end. When your stomach starts to digest the towel, I pull it out. Taking your stomach lining with it. Most people probably take about a week to die. It's very painful."
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:40:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I would have no qualms about torturing such criminals even after the kid is safely rescued.  Or for pretty much any major crime, really.  What can I say, I'm a vicious bastard.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd pin the mother$@#$% eyes open and make him look at pictures of Janet Reno 24/7.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#16]
If anyones seen the new Tarintino move "Hostel", you know my answer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I would hate to be him.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Pair of pliers and a blow torch.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#20]
I would NEVER torture somebody. Nope, never. Torture makes the baby Jesus cry.

Heh. Nah, he'll talk.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Here's the scenario:

One of your children has been kidnapped by a group of men.

Videotape catches the identity of one of the kidnappers with absolute certainty.

The cops catch him. He won't talk. He won't give up the location of your child or his accomplices.

One of the cops takes you aside and says "I feel for you, pal. If you want, I can leave you alone with him for a few hours and see if you can get him to talk. Do whatever you need to do. Or you can wait for him to go to trial in a few months and hope for justice that way."

What do you do?

Whatever you had to to get your child back, up to and including permanent crippling injury.

The law would never permit such a thing in the first place, but if it did and the life of your child was on the line, katie bar the door....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Not a problem........it's all about the kids.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#23]
He'd learn what it means to get a "Devil's Tail."  He'd also learn what a rat will do to escape a burning box.

I might burn for what I would do to him, but I guarantee he'd burn first.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
That would be me.  torture is hardly the most effective means of gathering information - it is also one of the slowest.  There are better methods for getting my child back - but, I must admit, none of those options would satisfy some of the blood lust I've seen here.
Matt

The torture is not an end unto itself. It is a means by which to achieve the goal of finding your child alive and in one piece. If there is something more effective, then so be it.

The kind of kidnapper who gets off on sexually molesting and then killing children might indeed be persuaded by physical torture, as might the kind of kidnapper who was in it for money. In either case their objective is self preservation, and threatening their physical well being might indeed loosen their lips.

Terrorists are an entirely different calculation than the average kidnapper of kids.

Torture is not a 100% guarantor of compliance, but in some cases it does work.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#25]
This is not a "what if" response - but... YES, actually, HELL YES!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
No brainer ... wouldn't even have to think about it ...

Nobody with children would, IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I too saw Hostel this weekend, I have a few ideas to get a person to talk.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#28]
How do you know he is really involved.  You all really have alot of faith that anyone the police arrest is guilty.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I would torture somebody for stealing anything from me.

If somebody stole my kid (if I had one) I would torture him until I found out where he/she was and then kill him. Man on Fire comes to mind
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
How do you know he is really involved.  You all really have alot of faith that anyone the police arrest is guilty.

well it did say in the original post that a video tape identifies him with absolute certainty
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#31]
I have no idea what I'd be capable of in that situation.

There better not be any objects of any kind in that room, that's all I can say about that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#34]
I would do it for my fiancee or any future kids, without a second thought.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#35]
What kind of post is this? Who wouldn't torture someone to save their child, that is why the cops would never let a family member in on something like this. Course if I was going to torcher someone I would do what the Japanese did to the Chinese in the early part of the century- peel someone's flesh like a grape and feed to the dogs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Just give me one of these and he will talk real fast.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#37]
This is a hard decision?

Pullleeeeeze!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Any loved one.... any child.

Not just yes, but hell yes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#39]
You damn skippy, my kid, my neices or nephews, my wife, hell, just about any of my family! Would I regret it, hell no!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#40]
What about torturing someone's children to save yourself?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Without reading any responses, you bet your ass I would torture the sumbitch.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#43]
easy decision even without the police permission...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Although I respect "human life" and would do most anything to save one, the list of tools I'd need would be the following, 1 teaspoon, 1 ballpeen hammer, 1 skillsaw, 1 louisvlle slugger preferably a #28 with a nice big sweet spot, 1 cold chisel(to crack the teeth with), 1 source of compressed air, 1 gallon of rubbing alcohol, 1 pair of bolt cutters or loppers(whichever is easiest to aquire), 6 two foot long strands of barbed wire, 1 roll of electrical tape, 1 four foot long four inch diameter bamboo pole, 1 vicious hungry mentally deranged dog, two five foot pieces of nylon rope, 1 set of earplugs, and an engine driven woodchipper with slow feed capability.

Use your imagination.......I think I'd have an answer very early on in the session.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#45]
For my own kid? I'd be willing to kill every single person on this earth if I felt it would save his life.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#46]
So I assume alot of you saw Host and now want find a place like that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#47]
I do not have a child but I believe inflicting pain for a life isnt wrong.

Sure, I wouldnt want to be tortured, but I wouldnt be a terrorist or a kidnapper either.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#48]
I would simply tell them that I would kill all of the significant people (child, wife, girlfriend, mon, dad, brother, sister) in their lives if they didn't talk.  If that didn't work I wouldl let my wife "talk" to them.

They wouldn't want to deal with her. I am the calm rational person in our marriage.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Although I respect "human life" and would do most anything to save one, the list of tools I'd need would be the following, 1 teaspoon, 1 ballpeen hammer, 1 skillsaw, 1 louisvlle slugger preferably a #28 with a nice big sweet spot, 1 cold chisel(to crack the teeth with), 1 source of compressed air, 1 gallon of rubbing alcohol, 1 pair of bolt cutters or loppers(whichever is easiest to aquire), 6 two foot long strands of barbed wire, 1 roll of electrical tape, 1 four foot long four inch diameter bamboo pole, 1 vicious hungry mentally deranged dog, two five foot pieces of nylon rope, 1 set of earplugs, and an engine driven woodchipper with slow feed capability.

Use your imagination.......I think I'd have an answer very early on in the session.

You forgot the ginger beer . . . they always forget the ginger beer. . . .
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#50]
I would do it in a fast heart beat.

I'd take my power drill(1/16" drill bit to start) and would start with his feet. After about 10 holes or so, I go to a larger bit, say 1/4",  and gesture towards his ankles.

This is the time I would START to ask questions.

If he wants it to stop, he better tell me where my loved one is located. Alive or dead, I better find that loved one if he wants to live.

Once that loved one is found, alive or dead, scumbag dies anyway. Beginning with his ankles.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top