BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 149
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

Originally Posted By Solace22:

Awesome thread! I'll contribute... and Ill try and keep it short. I have many stories...

The wife and myself bought this home from my sister. She lived here with her first husband, his parents grew up here and his grandparents

owned it. My sister never mentioned anything creepy ever happening here aside from hearing music/radio during the night. (which does occur)

I have a large drum set, 2 bass drums and the whole thing. I have soft shelled cases for gigs and such. I stacked these up when not in use near the basement door. My wife tried to come in the basement door and they were stacked against it. She asked why I would do that, I replied that I definitely had not...

My wife also exercised downstairs at one time and she was doing a pushup or something and felt something whisk through her hair. Like a hand or something. She thought it was a cobweb and shrugged it off. She told me about it, and it was mildly creepy. But another time she was coming upstairs from the basement, and she was about 3/4 the way up and she could audibly hear something run up the stairs behind her and she even braced herself for whatever it was to run into her. But nothing...

Then stuff started happening VERY regularly at 3-4am. At least weekly something would happen.

Our bedroom is across the hall from my daughters room, and our computer/media room. 4am and I was awakened by papers rustling in our media room. You could clearly hear it, like someone was going through drawers and moving things on our desks. I woke my wife up and she listened for a second and we agreed someone was in the house. We jumped up out of the bed and charged into the room to find nothing moved or out of place.

One night around 3:30am my daughter was at her mothers house and we were asleep. Suddenly one of my daughters toys, an electronic keyboard, began playing music on its own. My wife and myself both woke up and just sat there like "what the hell is that?" We got up and could hear it coming from her room and i flipped the lightswitch on, and literally the instant i did that the music stopped. The keyboard was 'off' as well...

My daughter and I were playing in her room, I suddenly heard a 'tick tock' type sound that kept getting louder and louder. I had her be quiet and listened again. I put my ear to the floor and it was coming from the basement. I ran down expecting to see something swaying on a nail or something on the floor. Nothing.

I took my daughter to school one morning, my wife was at home. I had just dropped her off and got in the Jeep and my wife called. She said she had to talk to me about something that happened last night. She told me she was asleep and again about 4am something told her to wake up. When she opened her eyes she saw a huge dark figure at the foot of our bed. It had huge ears and looked like a dog. She did the typical blink blink blink, i must be dreaming thing. She told it to get out of our house and it slowly shrank down like it went through the floor and was gone. We never mentioned it to my daughter she was 3 or 4 at the time and didnt want to freak her out, we had just gotten her to sleep in her own bed etc. I thought it was pretty creepy at the time... It gets better though. Not a week later my daughter gets up in the morning to tell us about a black figure she had seen in her closet. It was "licking its paws like a dog." she said. We couldnt believe it...

Another time, at 4am, something about the size of a marble, shot across the room hit the wall bounced and hit another wall and landed behind the bed. It was so loud it woke us both up and we got flashlights and everything and tried to find out what in the world it could have been, but again, never found a thing.

We had a few times smelled perfume by the basement door, the door that leads to the basement is across from the door that leads to the back yard. You can put your hands and touch both doors at the same time. We never could explain the perfume smell... All this stuff had been going on though and we mentioned it to my sisters first husband who i am still good friends with. He said that his grandmother smoked but kept it secret from his grandfather, she would go out the back door and smoke and then cover the smell with the perfume...

Lots of weird stuff but nothing lately, not for a long time in fact... Yeah we still live here, we told the ghost (if any) that they owe us rent money...

No way in HELL could I live there after all of that happened. I would have been gone after clearly hearing something run up behind me on the stairs. But if some reason, we hadn't moved yet........seeing something standing at the foot of my bed would surely do the trick.

Creepy story is creepy.

Yeah...screw that, I've seen the movie I know how it ends..I'm out!

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AudiDat:

Originally Posted By Solace22:
Awesome thread! I'll contribute... and Ill try and keep it short. I have many stories...
The wife and myself bought this home from my sister. She lived here with her first husband, his parents grew up here and his grandparents
owned it. My sister never mentioned anything creepy ever happening here aside from hearing music/radio during the night. (which does occur)
I have a large drum set, 2 bass drums and the whole thing. I have soft shelled cases for gigs and such. I stacked these up when not in use near the basement door. My wife tried to come in the basement door and they were stacked against it. She asked why I would do that, I replied that I definitely had not...
My wife also exercised downstairs at one time and she was doing a pushup or something and felt something whisk through her hair. Like a hand or something. She thought it was a cobweb and shrugged it off. She told me about it, and it was mildly creepy. But another time she was coming upstairs from the basement, and she was about 3/4 the way up and she could audibly hear something run up the stairs behind her and she even braced herself for whatever it was to run into her. But nothing...
Then stuff started happening VERY regularly at 3-4am. At least weekly something would happen.
Our bedroom is across the hall from my daughters room, and our computer/media room. 4am and I was awakened by papers rustling in our media room. You could clearly hear it, like someone was going through drawers and moving things on our desks. I woke my wife up and she listened for a second and we agreed someone was in the house. We jumped up out of the bed and charged into the room to find nothing moved or out of place.
One night around 3:30am my daughter was at her mothers house and we were asleep. Suddenly one of my daughters toys, an electronic keyboard, began playing music on its own. My wife and myself both woke up and just sat there like "what the hell is that?" We got up and could hear it coming from her room and i flipped the lightswitch on, and literally the instant i did that the music stopped. The keyboard was 'off' as well...
My daughter and I were playing in her room, I suddenly heard a 'tick tock' type sound that kept getting louder and louder. I had her be quiet and listened again. I put my ear to the floor and it was coming from the basement. I ran down expecting to see something swaying on a nail or something on the floor. Nothing.
I took my daughter to school one morning, my wife was at home. I had just dropped her off and got in the Jeep and my wife called. She said she had to talk to me about something that happened last night. She told me she was asleep and again about 4am something told her to wake up. When she opened her eyes she saw a huge dark figure at the foot of our bed. It had huge ears and looked like a dog. She did the typical blink blink blink, i must be dreaming thing. She told it to get out of our house and it slowly shrank down like it went through the floor and was gone. We never mentioned it to my daughter she was 3 or 4 at the time and didnt want to freak her out, we had just gotten her to sleep in her own bed etc. I thought it was pretty creepy at the time... It gets better though. Not a week later my daughter gets up in the morning to tell us about a black figure she had seen in her closet. It was "licking its paws like a dog." she said. We couldnt believe it...
Another time, at 4am, something about the size of a marble, shot across the room hit the wall bounced and hit another wall and landed behind the bed. It was so loud it woke us both up and we got flashlights and everything and tried to find out what in the world it could have been, but again, never found a thing.
We had a few times smelled perfume by the basement door, the door that leads to the basement is across from the door that leads to the back yard. You can put your hands and touch both doors at the same time. We never could explain the perfume smell... All this stuff had been going on though and we mentioned it to my sisters first husband who i am still good friends with. He said that his grandmother smoked but kept it secret from his grandfather, she would go out the back door and smoke and then cover the smell with the perfume...
Lots of weird stuff but nothing lately, not for a long time in fact... Yeah we still live here, we told the ghost (if any) that they owe us rent money...

No way in HELL could I live there after all of that happened. I would have been gone after clearly hearing something run up behind me on the stairs. But if some reason, we hadn't moved yet........seeing something standing at the foot of my bed would surely do the trick.

Creepy story is creepy.

Yeah...screw that, I've seen the movie I know how it ends..I'm out!

That's just their dog guardian.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Dead Silence?
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay...Dont talk about it much but here is my story......

I was about 19 in School living with my mom. We moved to a house in Chino Hills. Things started the moment we began to move into the house.

My mom is a clean freak so the day before we moved in the house she went on a cleaning spree. While cleaning we kept finding pennies over every door threshold inside and out of rooms. Found some books in the attic relating to witchcraft and demons. Had the weirdest feeling throughout the house. Had my best friend helping me and after a while he refused to come inside saying he was freaked out for some reason. He said he felt someone looking at him from the closet and would not go through the house again.

That night I stayed there with my Girlfriend and her best friend. My girlfriend and I retired to one room while her friend went to sleep in the room next to us. In the morning her friend wanted to know why I kept coming in and watching her. I never did leave my room that night. Said I would open the door stare at her then close the door. said she felt like I was checking on her....... Never did!

A few days later my mom yells upstairs and asks why I just opened every drawer and cabinet in kitchen. I was upstairs the whole time. Later that same day I was in Garage lifting when I hear my mom scream GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! I ran into the house to no one she says she saw a man standing there then disappear. I said oh okay mom go to bed..... About midnight my mom calls me down to her room. She was laying in bed pointing to the corner and  there was a shadow that moved  down the hall. I dismissed it all.

One night I woke to take a leak. I had the upstairs so the door would be open. I heard someone walk down the hall to the bathroom. saw out of the corner of my eye a figure I assumed was my girlfriend. I said you enjoying yourself, turned to look and nobody there. My Girlfriend was sound asleep when I went back.

Few days later I was doing homework when I heard the stairs like someone was walking down and then a huge crash in the kitchen. Ran down and saw pots and pans in a 30 ft radius. Never was able to explain..... While I was picking them up I heard the closet door open and footsteps up the stairs. I was alone in the house.

The closet door would not stay shut. even with a chair in front it would end up open.

Days later I heard a noise so I walked out of my room to check on my mom. When I came back my girlfriend was waking up thanking me for caressing her hair like that. I was downstairs.

Every night you could hear walking up and down stairs. Dishes were always messed up. Always felt like someone was watching you. Mom claimed she saw something regularly near he closet door that would not close.

Finally about a month into living there my mom said I think we have a ghost or demon in the house. Something evil that is messing with us. I said yea right mom. I said if there is something here turn of my TV right now. With my mom, girlfriend and me in the room the TV shut of immediately. I yelled you better get out of here as I know God is on my side. at that moment you could hear footsteps running down hall, down stairs and the closet door slam shut. 48 hrs we were out of there.

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 2:16:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Damnit! This fucking thread has made me refine my house search to new construction only.

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 3:37:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HBIII:
Damnit! This fucking thread has made me refine my house search to new construction only.

My own haunted house experience made me think the same way for a while. On the other hand, I've heard of new construction sites being haunted as well. So...f^@k it, roll the dice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#7]

I dont think that hauntings are only reported from older homes. I had some strange stuff happen in a house built in 1961, that is not a new construction but not old either.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 10:02:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FordGuy] [#8]
We have enjoyed your stories immensely.
But are we out of stories, gentlemen?
Have we reached the end of the trail?
Are there no more tales to be told?

...or are your tales too personal to share.....?

A few here lost their fear of "The Boogeyman" the day they realized they were the boogeyman.
The real horror is that the evil buried in men's hearts is far more terrifying than a second hand yarn about a transparent apparition, or a creak in an old wooden floor, or scurrying sounds from the attic.

Scares and frights come from the things we men do when we think no one will ever know. You know there is no such thing as bigfoot. If he existed, the vile in your heart would scare him up a tree. You know aliens really don't exist. If they did they'd nuke is from orbit for the things we have done to each other, the things we are about to do....

We tell our children there is nothing to be afraid of knowing full well that we ourselves are the very things to be feared. You are safe from evil as long as you are with me, for I am evil.

So the real creepy scarey stories are not the ones in these thirty-three internet pages - instead, they are the ones buried in our minds, that we know better than to ever write downk for knowing our fellow men would turn and rend us as a beast from Hell. Do you know what I am talking about? Sure you do. A few of you. The rest bleat, and baa, and follow and chew their cuds, and fear the cold night and the things hungry for meat that prey upon them.

When the last story is told, there will be nothing left to tell -save the truth. So I will ask again, someone please tell us a story.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By FordGuy:

A few here lost their fear of "The Boogeyman" the day they realized they were the boogeyman.

The real horror is that the evil buried in men's hearts is far more terrifying than a second hand yarn about a transparent apparition, or a creak in an old wooden floor, or scurrying sounds from the attic.

Scares and frights come from the things we men do when we think no one will ever know. You know there is no such thing as bigfoot. If he existed, the vile in your heart would scare him up a tree. You know aliens really don't exist. If they did they'd nuke is from orbit for the things we have done to each other, the things we are about to do....

We tell our children there is nothing to be afraid of knowing full well that we ourselves are the very things to be feared. You are safe from evil as long as you are with me, for I am evil.

So the real creepy scarey stories are not the ones in these thirty-three internet pages - instead, they are the ones buried in our minds, that we know better than to ever write downk for knowing our fellow men would turn and rend us as a beast from Hell. Do you know what I am talking about? Sure you do. A few of you. The rest bleat, and baa, and follow and chew their cuds, and fear the cold night and the things hungry for meat that prey upon them.

When the last story is told, there will be nothing left to tell -save the truth. So I will ask again, someone please tell us a story.  

That was good, I enjoyed it.

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Another story related to me by my dad on hunting trips....

As a young deputy in the Palm springs area my dad went on a call to an older (80's) ladies residence.  The woman called dispatch claiming "they were coming to get me. the little people are here help me!"

So my dad rolls out there and walks the property and makes contact with the lady. She says "they came in looking for me. they were running around the house banging on the windows." My dad does another perimeter search and sees nothing. Sand all the way around the house and NO marks other than his. He talks to her calms her down and leaves.

About an hr later dispatch calls and says they can hear banging, growling and her screams  over the phone. My dad goes back out and makes contact. Again no footprints or anything changed from an hr before he walked in his own tracks again....

He talks with the woman asking her about meds, mental, etc... All seems fine.

The phone rings. she answers it. Says okay, I did not know. I love you too. Ill see you soon. then asks my dad if he wants to speak to her husband? My dad talks to her husband, Husband says everything is Okay he sent someone over its alright, Sorry for the disturbance. my dad hands the phone back. My dad walks again does not seen anything out of ordinary then leaves.

At the end of the shift early a.m. the lady calls dispatch and says she "needs my dad again and needs help this time to protect her daughter please get here now she is on her way."

30 minutes later My dad arrives. knocks No answer, he walks around and sees the lady in her chair. He knocks again No movement. He enters the house to find she is dead! Dead for several hours. as he walks outside to his car to wait the daughter pulls up and had driven from phoenix because her mom would not answer the phone after a weird call from her.

My dad asks where the husband can be found and the daughter replys her dad has been dead for 20 years.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 11:25:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: soldierman79] [#11]
Originally Posted By kingpin_56:

...snip...
My dad asks where the husband can be found and the daughter replys her dad has been dead for 20 years.

Ho, Lee, Shit!
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bwehn:

That was good, I enjoyed it.

I thought you might.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Okay...Dont talk about it much but here is my story......

Mega goosebumps: check.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't post often but, I love this thread. These are my stories.

Had a dog that growled at the air on the exact spot where my Grandpa died. Nothing else in the room but, me and the dog.  Had the dog for 10 years and she never did anything like that before or after that incident.

Then when my Mom died, I held it together pretty good til the funeral. During the service I lost it. I guess I would say I sobbed uncontrollably. Got home checked the caller id and see that during the service my Moms cellphone had called me. Call my brother to ask him where her cellphone was and if maybe someone pressed some keys on accident or something. Turns out the phone was turned off and in his jacket pocket hanging in the coat room of the church. Few days later I am getting ready to take a nap. I sit on the bed say "why did you have to leave us Mom?" and lay down. As soon as I lay down my phone starts ringing. I didn't feel like talking to anyone so, I let it ring. Got up and check the caller id. Yup. My Moms cellphone had called again. Check with my brother and the phone was still turned off sitting on his dresser. Had us all freaked out. Normally would chalk it up to brotherly practical joking but, needless to say none of us were in the mood for jokes.

Comforting to know they are still with me. Just hope they don't watch over me ALL the time. Otherwise, they have seen somethings they wish they wouldn't have.

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#15]

snip

Something like that happened with my Grandma.  After her sister died, she received a collect call from her sister's number in Arkansas.  The phone bill said that the call lasted for over an hour, and was at night.  My grandma swears she didn't remember ever taking the call.  This was months after my great aunt's death too, and my great aunt lived by herself.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#16]

As a young deputy in the Palm springs area my dad went on a call to an older (80's) ladies residence.  The woman called dispatch claiming "they were coming to get me. the little people are here help me!"

So my dad rolls out there and walks the property and makes contact with the lady. She says "they came in looking for me. they were running around the house banging on the windows." My dad does another perimeter search and sees nothing. Sand all the way around the house and NO marks other than his. He talks to her calms her down and leaves.

About an hr later dispatch calls and says they can hear banging, growling and her screams  over the phone. My dad goes back out and makes contact. Again no footprints or anything changed from an hr before he walked in his own tracks again....

He talks with the woman asking her about meds, mental, etc... All seems fine.

The phone rings. she answers it. Says okay, I did not know. I love you too. Ill see you soon. then asks my dad if he wants to speak to her husband? My dad talks to her husband, Husband says everything is Okay he sent someone over its alright, Sorry for the disturbance. my dad hands the phone back. My dad walks again does not seen anything out of ordinary then leaves.

At the end of the shift early a.m. the lady calls dispatch and says she "needs my dad again and needs help this time to protect her daughter please get here now she is on her way."

30 minutes later My dad arrives. knocks No answer, he walks around and sees the lady in her chair. He knocks again No movement. He enters the house to find she is dead! Dead for several hours. as he walks outside to his car to wait the daughter pulls up and had driven from phoenix because her mom would not answer the phone after a weird call from her.

well shit...
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I really only have one story, happened to a friend of mine I've known since 7th grade. All true, and really weird.

My buddy transferred colleges his sophomore year, to where I was going to school, and started renting a house that had recently come on the rental market. Lived by himself, outdoorsy no-BS kinda guy. Anyways 6 months or so after he moves in he starts hearing the sound of blue jeans rubbing together ,like when someone walks, outside his window.

Not really all that odd, but the house was sort of off campus and the closest house next to him was empty. Every night on an off for about two months he would hear either jeans rubbing, people whispering from inside the house or just footsteps. Freaked him out. He slept on a futon mattress directly on the floor (this is college remember) and one night something hit the floor directly underneath him from the crawl space hard enough to wake him up from a dead sleep...

During this time he started dating a girl that had a ~1 year old son. Some nights he would stay at her place, some nights they stayed at his. One particular evening his GF and her son were coming over to stay the night at my buddies place, she rings the door bell he gets up to answer, when he opens the door his GF's son (who is in a stroller) points across the living room, into his bedroom and goes "rrrrrrraaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr"

From that point on they stayed at his GF's place.

Fast forward two years, we are all sitting up at the bar with some new friends (probably met a month or two prior) talking about weird stories, this girl goes on to tell us how she thinks the house she lives in haunted and describes a lot of the same things my friend was experiencing, happening to her. We ask her where she lives and its the exact same house that my friend had lived in two years prior.

Makes ya think.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Great past couple of stories guys.  Keep em coming.  Honorable mention to kingpin.  Damn.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone remember the story someone posted in a Bigfoot thread -

A member's father was up in a tree stand and hears rustling beneath him. Thinking it was a bear, he begins to make noise to scare it off. Looking down he sees a Sasquatch looking up at him, and the Squatch tries to jump up to get him. He fires his 1911 and thinks he hits it, it runs off to a few tries and watches him from behind one. Eventually the guy gets out of the tree stand when he felt it was safe. A while later his car breaks down only a few hundred yards from his house but near the occurence, and he refuses to leave his vehicle and calls for family to come get him. From that moment on he refuses to leave the house for any reason after dark.

That's what I recall anyway.

That story was perhaps the creepiest BF story I've ever read.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Some damn good and creepy stories on this page.

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 8:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: malada] [#21]

This is the scariest story of the whole thread!
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DangerJ:

A member's father was up in a tree stand and hears rustling beneath him. Thinking it was a bear, he begins to make noise to scare it off. Looking down he sees a Sasquatch looking up at him, and the Squatch tries to jump up to get him. He fires his 1911 and thinks he hits it,

Yikes!
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By gregw45:

A member's father was up in a tree stand and hears rustling beneath him. Thinking it was a bear, he begins to make noise to scare it off. Looking down he sees a Sasquatch looking up at him, and the Squatch tries to jump up to get him. He fires his 1911 and thinks he hits it,

Yikes!

Was there ever an update on that story?  In the link, it looks like Frank_Symptoms originally posted it, but when I found the thread that it was originally posted in here, someone said it came from FALFiles.  So maybe Frank copy/pasted it from there to share with Arfcom?  I'm really curious to hear if that person was ever able to make it to that spot.

That's some spooky shit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 7:50:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DangerJ] [#24]

Yikes!

Was there ever an update on that story?  In the link, it looks like Frank_Symptoms originally posted it, but when I found the thread that it was originally posted in here, someone said it came from FALFiles.  So maybe Frank copy/pasted it from there to share with Arfcom?  I'm really curious to hear if that person was ever able to make it to that spot.

That's some spooky shit.

Yeah man. It is without a doubt the scariest squatch story I've ever read. Thanks for finding it gregw45
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Yikes!

That's some spooky shit.

IIRC I Googled it and found it on the board here, cut & pasted it as it was in archives. It was some time ago though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Pre-Halloween bump!
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't have any good stories just because I'm a huge scardy cat when it comes to that stuff, but I did have a creepy camp story once.

We were a group of 16 yr old guys camping out on my cousins farm in the early fall. The camp site was in an "island" of a dried creek bed, at the base of a ridge line. We had it pretty well set up, with logs to sit on, a big fire, but no beer.  Late into the night, we are laughing and joking around the fire, when from less that 20 yards behind me to my 7 o'clock, this blood-curdling banshee like scream starts. At first, it sounded like a loud scream, but about two seconds in, it started curdling ike a woman being stabbed or something. No doubt it was female, and lasted for a good15-20 sec then abruptly stops.

I just remember pausing, eyes wide open, looking at my friends in disbelief. We sat there for about 5 seconds saying nothing, fully expecting one of us to disappear into the black. We then promptly killed the fire and left. Imagine 5 guys trying to sleep in the bed of a ford ranger, legs sticking out and all, lol. I found out a few years down the road that panthers were seen in the region and they make screams like that. Either way, too many scary stuff in the hills around here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:
I don't have any good stories just because I'm a huge scardy cat when it comes to that stuff, but I did have a creepy camp story once.

We were a group of 16 yr old guys camping out on my cousins farm in the early fall. The camp site was in an "island" of a dried creek bed, at the base of a ridge line. We had it pretty well set up, with logs to sit on, a big fire, but no beer.  Late into the night, we are laughing and joking around the fire, when from less that 20 yards behind me to my 7 o'clock, this blood-curdling banshee like scream starts. At first, it sounded like a loud scream, but about two seconds in, it started curdling ike a woman being stabbed or something. No doubt it was female, and lasted for a good15-20 sec then abruptly stops.

I just remember pausing, eyes wide open, looking at my friends in disbelief. We sat there for about 5 seconds saying nothing, fully expecting one of us to disappear into the black. We then promptly killed the fire and left. Imagine 5 guys trying to sleep in the bed of a ford ranger, legs sticking out and all, lol. I found out a few years down the road that panthers were seen in the region and they make screams like that. Either way, too many scary stuff in the hills around here.

What you heard was most definitely a big kitty.

When I say "big kitty," I mean the kind that occasionally likes to snack on humans.

Always carry a gun where legally allowed while camping.

Link Posted: 11/5/2012 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Since you're in TN I'd guess Bobcat.

Its the freakiest thing you'll hear if you don't know what it is.
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 11:23:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By EasTexan:
I'm sitting outside, playing guitar and I'm hearing Garth Brooks playing in the woods. I'm guessing it's some rednecks working on their truck like every night. Lol. Anyways it reminded me of my creepiest encounter I ever had out in the wilderness.

I was bow fishing one night with some buddies out on Dam-b. Its a very eerie part of the state. Cypress trees covered in Spanish moss coupled with long leaf pines and mixed hardwoods. The shallow waters are great for hunting big gar. Anyways, we were about thirty miles from the nearest town and had traveled up the river by boat another 30 to get to the good spots. I tell ya, you go back in these woods and you step back in time. Untouched by man and so damn unforgiving, its no surprise. It was about 11:30 P.M. when we entered the slough. There was no sound except for the humming of the trolling motor. He had decided not to use the generator and the halogen lights but instead use some rigged handheld 500,000 spot lights so we could hunt coons as well. That's when we heard it.

I was just putting a dip in when I heard the soft sound of music. Instantly, fear and confusion set in as I looked around. My buddies heard it as well and we could only listen, looking at each other for some sort of answer. No one could be out there, it was impossible. There were no roads, no way to climb the huge, clay cliffs made by the river. It was coming from the absolute wilderness. The tune was the most terrifying part. It was not a song anyone alive today would know. It sounded like it came from an old record player. It was scratchy and muffled with a woman's voice singing and it filled me with more adrenaline and fear than I have ever had in my whole life. I can only relate it to something from the turn of the century. By this time, Jake had stopped the trolling motor and we simply sat down and continued to listen. Its like we were in a trance. We know that back country and we know that this was not right. People never would have trecked through those marshes and woods to play a joke.

Then the music simply faded away. We sat there in the dark, waiting for something to move, something to give its position away so we could put the lights on it. Whoever or whatever it was would have surely made noise in the swamp water.

Nothing. Not a sound for thirty minutes. We felt after an experience like that, it was time to go.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Texan6326/Damb.jpg

IE+ toolbars is more disturbing to me than that story.
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#31]
"IE+ toolbars is more disturbing to me than that story."

OMG!!!

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#32]
One more and they win a free copy of Win ME.

Ed

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:01:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FDrifting] [#33]
this thread is kind of dying guys, pick it up.

i'll share something. not paranormal, but scared me kind of. I posted a thread about this in team, got a few comments that helped me and dont have the issue anymore.

a little bit ago started having a bad dream.

pitch black like a mothefucker, cant see my own hand. almost makes me think i'm an entity and not a person. i start to hear a voice, that i recognize, but when i'm awake i cant remember the voice or whos it is. the voice is comforting, and starts telling me rythmatically,

dont wake up
dont wake up
dont wake up
dont wake up

now of course the first thing i fucking do is wake up.

it was happening to me a few times a week on average. id wake up every time around 5am on the dot. woke up overwhelmed with dread and felt like something was going to get me.
it was a terrible feeling and went on for a few weeks. i kept feeling like my subconscious was protecting me from something bad or evil going on while i was asleep.

but after some back and forth in team, people managed to figure out that there was a good chance it had something to do with the amounting stress in my life, first time home purchase soon, possible proposal, things like that. they figured maybe it was my subconscious just telling myself that i didnt want to wake up and face the stress the next day which isn't nearly as creepy.

sorry i dont have anything good guys, we're running short on stories lol. if i remember another one i'll post.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By FDrifting:

this thread is kind of dying guys, pick it up.

i'll share something. not paranormal, but scared me kind of. I posted a thread about this in team, got a few comments that helped me and dont have the issue anymore.

a little bit ago started having a bad dream.

pitch black like a mothefucker, cant see my own hand. almost makes me think i'm an entity and not a person. i start to hear a voice, that i recognize, but when i'm awake i cant remember the voice or whos it is. the voice is comforting, and starts telling me rythmatically,

dont wake up

dont wake up

dont wake up

dont wake up

now of course the first thing i fucking do is wake up.

it was happening to me a few times a week on average. id wake up every time around 5am on the dot. woke up overwhelmed with dread and felt like something was going to get me.

it was a terrible feeling and went on for a few weeks. i kept feeling like my subconscious was protecting me from something bad or evil going on while i was asleep.
but after some back and forth in team, people managed to figure out that there was a good chance it had something to do with the amounting stress in my life, first time home purchase soon, possible proposal, things like that. they figured maybe it was my subconscious just telling myself that i didnt want to wake up and face the stress the next day which isn't nearly as creepy.
sorry i dont have anything good guys, we're running short on stories lol. if i remember another one i'll post.

I wouldn't have woken up. I can outlast anything that is hanging over me waiting to take my soul and torture it. You should have held out for 386 years or till our Overlord Obama returned the Capital to Kenya.
Ed

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:52:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Reminds me of Jerry's final thought....
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:03:41 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't generally talk about my experiences. This thread could use some fresh blood so I figure I'll contribute.

Several years ago I was a Correctional Officer. The facility that I was assigned was previously an insane asylum. It had the whole shebang––-tunnels running underground complete with a morgue and rooms where lobotomies used to be done. Medicals wings, and the original infirmary is still intact. The whole facility has an air of something...not right about it, beyond the fact that it houses violent offenders. I worked the 6PM to 6AM shift.

The road leading to the prison is straight and about a mile long, with flat cornfields to both sides and a deep ditch running against both sides of the road. On one occassion I was driving on this road to start my shift, and I looked down at my radio for a moment. When I looked back up, there was a black...form in the shape of a man standing in the road about ten feet in front of me. I hit the brakes, blinked, and it was gone. It vanished into thin air. I was pretty spooked after that.

About a month after that occurred, I was in a serious car accident in which I should have died, but walked away from with only cracked ribs, whiplash, and a shifting of my right knee that I am still undergoing treatment for. I firmly feel that God gave me another chance. I have pictures of the damage if anyone wants to see them. The wreck is another story though so I won't derail this post with the details. It was after this that I started to experience some odd events...

On another occassion, I was assigned to work a dorm that had been a medical wing when the facility was an asylum. We used modified direct supervision, and while I had an office it was about 10 feet by 5 feet––-absolutely tiny and a place to do paperwork more than anything. So it's about 3am and all offenders are in bed. I have a clear view down both sides of the dorm hallways, and in front of me is the common room. All is quiet, and my back is against the wall in my office as I preapre the paperwork for the 3:30AM count. I then experience what I can only describe as someone...blowing in my ears and whispering loudly "HI!" I shot out of my seat and looked around––-I exited my office (which had been locked), and check the common area and both hallways of the dorm. All offenders were in their beds, and besides...I was sitting in a locked office with my back to a wall with NOBODY inside with me. I remember being...cold which was unusual as the dorm was routinely 85 degrees and higher.

On another occassion, I was assigned the dreaded "suicide watch". Let me explain the area: You take an elevator to the (I believe) 3rd floor, which is the Infirmary, both now and when the prison was an asylum. The officer at the desk in front of you buzzes you in and the metal grate in front of the elevator door opens. You step out. To your right is the officer's station, and beyond that is an empty corridor with absolutely no activity. You step to your left, and are buzzed through two sets of prison bar doors. You step into a long hallway where you can see everyone coming and going. You walk ten feet past the two sets of doors, and sit at a desk as you observe an offender in a locked room across from you. The next 12 hours of your life consist of never taking your eyes of him and ensuring that he does not commit suicide. The officer in the control office controls ALL entry to and from the floor. It's about 2AM, and needing to stay awake I stand up and stretch my legs. Everyone is in bed. I scan to my right––-clear. To my left––-clear, through the gates as well. As clear as day, I then hear a set of footstep...they come through the gate, directly past me, and fade down the hallway. I am dumbfounded and my jaw is hanging open. About five minutes later, the footsteps come back down the hallway, directly in front of me, and pass through the gates and fade down the opposite hallway.

About two weeks after that happened, I was assigned the same duty and a fellow officer that I hired in with was the control officer. He locked his office, came through the gates, and stood by me observing the offender and chatting. At the same time as before, around 2AM, the steps happen again! He looks at me and turns white. He bolts to the doors, unlocks them, and runs down the hallway. Nothing. He relieves me and I wander down the hallway––-nothing. All doors secured, no entry onto the floor by anyone.

The tunnels are dark, dirty, and eerie. Every night a few officers would have to do a routine sweep and verify that the tunnels were secure. There is bad energy down there––-on several occassions officers reported footsteps, items being thrown about in behind locked doors...I can't imagine the horrors that happened down there when the facility was an asylum, and there were many rapes and murders in the tunnels before they were closed by the prison officials.

The worst dorm to work was the dorm that was directly over where the morgue was. The offenders there were very violent and agitated, and there were ALWAYS issues ranging from lights blowing out/turning on and off, to pipes bursting, to all faucets being turned on and stuck in the on position. One night after midnight all hell broke loose and the fuses blew, pipes burst, and the dorm flooded without any clear reason why.

That's what I have for now. I feel that cheating death somehow made me a bit more...sensitive than normal to these things. Make of that what you will.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DisplacedHoosier:
Several years ago I was a Correctional Officer....

<snip>

^  This made me remember a story from my last job......

I used to work intake/releases at a county jail.  The jail itself wasn't too old, but there had been a decent amount of inmates who had died there.  A couple of housing units had been emptied out and the inmates put into a new wing that had just been built.  The closed units were the oldest parts of the jail and were in the process of being renovated.  Well, everyone knew about a supposed ghost that many had seen in one of the closed down units (even back when it was still occupied, after lock down at night).  Besides the officers working the units seeing this ghost, the officers working central would even see things on the monitors (but when they tried to play it back, nothing showed up, supposedly).

So anyway, after it had been closed, people would be walking by the unit, which had a large window between hallway and dayroom and would see something run by inside.  No one should have been in there and when they went to investigate, they found no one.  Quite a few people had this happen to them.  They said it was just like a flash of someone running by that they caught in their peripheral vision.

But the craziest part is when a female officer went down there to grab some uniforms to stock up for the dayshift.  The closet they were in was about the width of the door, but probably about 15' deep.  Shelving on all 3 sides of the closet.  This female officer comes running back toward central, screaming and crying.  Mind you, this is in the wee hours of the morning and everything is dead quiet in most parts of the jail.  Everyone's asking her what happened, and she says as soon as she opened the door and flicked the light on, that the uniforms that were on the back wall came flying at her.

So now the really crazy part............

They ran back the footage from the camera in that hallway.  The camera was at the end of the hallway, but you could see her clearly, although you can't see inside the closet from that angle.  You can see her open the door and flick the light on, and immediately when the light came on, you see her get hit with uniforms and them fall to the ground.

The back wall is way too far away from the door for something like the uniforms just falling off the shelf to have made it all the way to the door, especially with that kind of force.  I watched the replay a couple days later with my own eyes, and I have no idea how to explain it.  All the Lt's on shift that night just blew it off like no big deal, but they didn't try to rationalize it.  They couldn't explain it either.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#38]
That's very interesting––-there is a lot of spiritual unrest in prisons and to a lesser extent jails. Seems like most people don't understand that though so I tend to keep my mouth shut about my experiences.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:37:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Just got home from work.  Still pitch black out.  I'm almost at my door, when I hear a weird "scream".  I had a hood on, and my ears are all plugged up (I'm sick as hell), so I couldn't tell what it was at first.  It was quite a ways away, though.  Stopped, took my hood off, and tried to listen, but it didn't do it again.  Said screw it, and went inside.  Heard it a few minutes later, but this time a lot closer, and I could clearly tell it was a fox.

To be honest, I feel like such shit, that even if it was a chupacabra yelling at a Bigfoot, I wouldn't have cared.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#40]

Until you realize the site is haunted and your daughter gets sucked into a TV.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By SirSqueeboo:

Watch out for Indian Burial grounds and crazy cult psycho caves.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JeffTheOtherDude:

Originally Posted By SirSqueeboo:

Watch out for Indian Burial grounds and crazy cult psycho caves.

Check to see if the previous owner's daughter spider-crawled backwards down stairs.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:00:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Just got home from work.  Still pitch black out.  I'm almost at my door, when I hear a weird "scream".  I had a hood on, and my ears are all plugged up (I'm sick as hell), so I couldn't tell what it was at first.  It was quite a ways away, though.  Stopped, took my hood off, and tried to listen, but it didn't do it again.  Said screw it, and went inside.  Heard it a few minutes later, but this time a lot closer, and I could clearly tell it was a fox.

To be honest, I feel like such shit, that even if it was a chupacabra yelling at a Bigfoot, I wouldn't have cared.

Youtube: fox scream.

Yup,that could definately creep you out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#44]
My first girlfriend was always bitching about "demons" and hauntings.  Of course that never stopped her from watching literally EVERY single show on tv about ghosts and going to haunted houses(supposed real and attractions)

I can only remember tid bits of what she had told me about her 'experiences.'  

I know she was deathly afraid of porcelain dolls(lol) and hated being in my sisters room when she had one in there...  She had told me that she had a porcelain doll in her room that turned it's head and looked over at her.  Supposedly, the doll looked like her grandmother who she was living with at the time.  I had asked her aunt about this at one point and she backed the story up, so who knows..

Another one involves this house they had lived in near where I now live that was supposedly haunted by the demon "Belial" according to her.  They apparently had some priest go into the house to bless it before they ended up moving.  That family was all kinds of fucked up.  

To be honest, I think she's a psychotic story teller, but the stories were always interesting to hear and I loved hearing them. Regardless, I might ask her about it all to see if she can give more details

Personally, I have NO experiences with anything demonic, just some creepy woods experiences and nervous feelings that I got myself into.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#45]

This isn't about hauntings or squatches, but it was funny.

Back in the '60s my dad and an uncle went varmint hunting all the time.
One night they had set up in the corner of some fences watching a field. Dad was blowing on a rabbit in distress call, and like he told me, you can weird yourself out after a while doing that. It was very cold and they were bundled up pretty good including their ears. They couldn't hear much.
Dad had just finished blowing the call again when something touched him on the neck. A cow had walked up, reached through the fence and licked him. He damn near crapped his pants.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Edvvard:
My first girlfriend was always bitching about "demons" and hauntings.  Of course that never stopped her from watching literally EVERY single show on tv about ghosts and going to haunted houses(supposed real and attractions)

I can only remember tid bits of what she had told me about her 'experiences.'  

I know she was deathly afraid of porcelain dolls(lol) and hated being in my sisters room when she had one in there...  She had told me that she had a porcelain doll in her room that turned it's head and looked over at her.  Supposedly, the doll looked like her grandmother who she was living with at the time.  I had asked her aunt about this at one point and she backed the story up, so who knows..

Another one involves this house they had lived in near where I now live that was supposedly haunted by the demon "Belial" according to her.  They apparently had some priest go into the house to bless it before they ended up moving.  That family was all kinds of fucked up.  

To be honest, I think she's a psychotic story teller, but the stories were always interesting to hear and I loved hearing them. Regardless, I might ask her about it all to see if she can give more details

Personally, I have NO experiences with anything demonic, just some creepy woods experiences and nervous feelings that I got myself into.  

My sister has some vintage porcelain dolls on display in her house.

Whenever I go to visit her and my brother in law, I have to look at the fucking things.

They give me the creeps.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 2:05:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Heh, reminds me of a fishin' story. A buddy and I had a favorite cove we liked to night fish. One night late, we decided to go over to "our" cove. As we approached the cove with the troller, we saw a light from a small boat in our cove. Shutting down the troller about 300 yards away I dragged out my old Sony shortwave radio. I tuned around the shortwave bands until I found a nice, strong signal from who knows where. The chanting/off-key singing echoed across the water towards our foes.  Minutes later they were pulling anchor..
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Your stories remind me of one.

My Uncle used to work on a large cattle farm.  Him and another guy would work late into the evenings during the summer to beat the heat.  Sometimes after they were done they would fish one of the ponds towards the middle of the farm where there were some huge bass.  There were two geese on this pond.  A white one and a black one.  The geese didn't like anyone around very much and would surge towards you with their head laid down flat on their back to spook you off.  As long as you kept moving they wouldn't bother you too much.  One evening the fish were biting good and it got dark on them.  All at once my Uncle heard a blood curdling scream, splashing, and running.  He dropped everything and caught up with his buddy to find out what was going on.  His buddy told him everything was quiet when all at once something was clawing at his back, biting him on the neck, screaming in his ear, and wrapping him up and pounding him on the chest.  That black goose had circled him and jumped him from behind.  His words were "All I could think was The Devil has Got Me!"  

I literally LOL every time I think of that story.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Your goose story reminded me of one.
Late one night while on patrol (back when I was LEO), I took a report of a stolen bike. About an hour later and a few blocks down there was another thief call.
Having a good idea who was doing it and where he was headed I got out on foot to stalk him. I was sneaking through some brush (on the side of the road) to where he lived. A few minutes passed and I saw the guy coming down the street on the stolen bike. Just as I was getting ready to put the Habeas Grabis on him there was a blood curdling scream behind me.
I jumped about 10 feet straight up. The thief fell off the bike and saw me and hollered don't shoot. When I got my wits together. I handcuffed the guy than checked on what made the noise. Turns out it was 4 Geese that belonged to an old lady who kept them as watch dogs.
That was the most scared had ever been on the job.
Ed

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By M1-Ed:
Your goose story reminded me of one.

Late one night while on patrol (back when I was LEO), I took a report of a stolen bike. About an hour later and a few blocks down there was another thief call.

Having a good idea who was doing it and where he was headed I got out on foot to stalk him. I was sneaking through some brush (on the side of the road) to where he lived. A few minutes passed and I saw the guy coming down the street on the stolen bike. Just as I was getting ready to put the Habeas Grabis on him there was a blood curdling scream behind me.

I jumped about 10 feet straight up. The thief fell off the bike and saw me and hollered don't shoot. When I got my wits together. I handcuffed the guy than checked on what made the noise. Turns out it was 4 Geese that belonged to an old lady who kept them as watch dogs.

That was the most scared had ever been on the job.

Ed

You should walk under a tree with peacocks in it. I damn near pissed my pants.
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top