Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In my 3+ years working for the TSA, there are a few times FBI agents and such approached me with there FBI badges out, Not quite paranomal but defintely gave me the X files experience.

Please tell me that you're not a screener...
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A few more -

Kelly–Hopkinsville Encounter

The Mary Celeste

Hill Abduction

Kaspar Hauser

Villisca Axe Murders

I'm posting from my phone, or I would have added links!

I did a thread about that a few years ago, but didn't get many replies.

That the one in Tennessee?

Kentucky.

Family besieged by "little green men" one night in the 1950s, resulting in much gunfire.

I live in the same county  that happened in, (Christian Co., Ky.) and people still talk about that event. It occured in the small town of Kelly, which is a few miles north of Hopkinsville on Highway 41. I remember one of the State Troopers whom investigated that event, he was interviewed on the History Channel about it, for one of their UFO shows. The chief of police from Hopkinsville, state troopers, even some Ft. Campbell personnel showed up.

It appears they had a mini-war with something , however their only weapons were .22 cal rimfire rifles & shotguns, typical for rural people during that time frame and place. The State Trooper I knew told me that something scared those people and they definately had a shoot-out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have expierenced exploding head syndrome before, never knew there was a name for it. I have had bad insomnia since 2004 and I will randomly hear a massive explosion right as, or shortly after, I fall asleep. I will wake up and my wife will not have heard anything. It has never freaked me out, and I have casually mentioned it when talking to Doctors about my sleep. It hasn't seemed to worry them so I'm cool with it.

Interesting.  I've experienced this quite a few times and never knew there was an actual term for it.  Learn something new everyday.

As for the topic of the thread, I've had many odd things happen in my life.  One particular event was while I was on delivery for my dad's forge.  We made pipe flanges and blinds mostly and would get rush orders from refineries quite often.  So, I spent a lot of time on the roads of the south-central US.  On one such delivery I "received" a phone call while stopping at a pay phone to check in with dad.  Walked up to the phone, it never rang.... but when I picked it up a female voice began asking me if I could hear her and asking me to please pick her up.  Addressed me by name once or twice too, creepy as hell.

I've seen a UFO, drank a glass of wine with the devil at a RenFest, but my true "X-File" story is of a camping trip in the woods behind my grandmother's.  That will take a LOT of typing and it's slow for me, so I'll post it later or maybe save it for the next creepy story thread.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have expierenced exploding head syndrome before, never knew there was a name for it. I have had bad insomnia since 2004 and I will randomly hear a massive explosion right as, or shortly after, I fall asleep. I will wake up and my wife will not have heard anything. It has never freaked me out, and I have casually mentioned it when talking to Doctors about my sleep. It hasn't seemed to worry them so I'm cool with it.

Interesting.  I've experienced this quite a few times and never knew there was an actual term for it.  Learn something new everyday.

As for the topic of the thread, I've had many odd things happen in my life.  One particular event was while I was on delivery for my dad's forge.  We made pipe flanges and blinds mostly and would get rush orders from refineries quite often.  So, I spent a lot of time on the roads of the south-central US.  On one such delivery I "received" a phone call while stopping at a pay phone to check in with dad.  Walk up to the phone, it never rings.... but when I pick it up a female voice began asking me if I could hear her and asking me to please pick her up.  Addressed me by name once or twice too, creepy as hell.

I've seen a UFO, drank a glass of wine with the devil at a RenFest, but my true "X-File" story is of a camping trip in the woods behind my grandmother's.  That will take a LOT of typing and it's slow for me, so I'll post it later or maybe save it for the next creepy story thread.

If I can tell the story about the Pixie in my front yard.....you can feel free to tell us any of these.

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As for the topic of the thread, I've had many odd things happen in my life.  One particular event was while I was on delivery for my dad's forge.  We made pipe flanges and blinds mostly and would get rush orders from refineries quite often.  So, I spent a lot of time on the roads of the south-central US.  On one such delivery I "received" a phone call while stopping at a pay phone to check in with dad.  Walked up to the phone, it never rang.... but when I picked it up a female voice began asking me if I could hear her and asking me to please pick her up.  Addressed me by name once or twice too, creepy as hell.

I'll get the popcorn...no ridicule from me, I promise.

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
A few more -
Kelly–Hopkinsville Encounter
The Mary Celeste
Hill Abduction
Kaspar Hauser
Villisca Axe Murders

I'm posting from my phone, or I would have added links!

I did a thread about that a few years ago, but didn't get many replies.

That the one in Tennessee?

Kentucky.

Family besieged by "little green men" one night in the 1950s, resulting in much gunfire.

I live in the same county  that happened in, (Christian Co., Ky.) and people still talk about that event. It occured in the small town of Kelly, which is a few miles north of Hopkinsville on Highway 41. I remember one of the State Troopers whom investigated that event, he was interviewed on the History Channel about it, for one of their UFO shows. The chief of police from Hopkinsville, state troopers, even some Ft. Campbell personnel showed up.
It appears they had a mini-war with something , however their only weapons were .22 cal rimfire rifles & shotguns, typical for rural people during that time frame and place. The State Trooper I knew told me that something scared those people and they definately had a shoot-out.

Seems almost like the plot to a movie that I've seen before. Interesting story.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a double nipple and a couple webbed toes...that's some real X-Files shit right?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#11]
My mom went to college in upstate New York (Potsdam). She told me a story about how she was driving back to school in near-blizzard conditions- heavy snowfall and winds, zero visibility, etc. She told me how she ended up behind a plow truck and followed him for hours, until she got back to town, at which point the truck turned at an intersection and just disappeared- tire tracks and all. We're not talking lost in the snow disappeared; we're talking full-on vanished.

She says it was the lord watching out for her that day.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#12]
this is from a good friend of my family's.....

A friend of my parents was a pastor and minister at a church in Murfeesboro TN. One night a few years back he had a very vivid dream that a good friend of his was about to die. In the process of the dream, a angel or other figure rold him that he needed to get out of bed because this friends family would be calling him very soon to inform him.

The man woke up at about 2:30 in the morning and started getting his clothes on. His wife also woke up and asked him what was going on, he told her that this non christian friend was in trouble and needed his help.

Just then the phone rang, it was this friend's wife, she called to tell the minister that this life long friend had just had some sort of major cardiac event and likely wouldn't make it. The pastor said he knew and was on the way.

The minister started off, even though the friend lived in Jackson Ms which is over 400 mi away. As the pastor got on one of the major roadways , a smog started to form around the car. He wasn't too worried because fog and such is pretty common, anyway he drove for a grand sum,of a few minutes when the fog dissipated.....he was right on the friends road.

He went inside to find the man and his extremely shocked family who he prayed with. This friend accepted Jesus into his life and passed away shortly after. Along the whole process of things, the family pulled up the call log on their phone to check, a total of 15m had passed from the phone call to the minister being at the door...

The event had a few witnesses who attested to the face the pastor really did travel 400+ miles in less than 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
this is from a good friend of my family's.....

A friend of my parents was a pastor and minister at a church in Murfeesboro TN. One night a few years back he had a very vivid dream that a good friend of his was about to die. In the process of the dream, a angel or other figure rold him that he needed to get out of bed because this friends family would be calling him very soon to inform him.

The man woke up at about 2:30 in the morning and started getting his clothes on. His wife also woke up and asked him what was going on, he told her that this non christian friend was in trouble and needed his help.

Just then the phone rang, it was this friend's wife, she called to tell the minister that this life long friend had just had some sort of major cardiac event and likely wouldn't make it. The pastor said he knew and was on the way.

The minister started off, even though the friend lived in Jackson Ms which is over 400 mi away. As the pastor got on one of the major roadways , a smog started to form around the car. He wasn't too worried because fog and such is pretty common, anyway he drove for a grand sum,of a few minutes when the fog dissipated.....he was right on the friends road.

He went inside to find the man and his extremely shocked family who he prayed with. This friend accepted Jesus into his life and passed away shortly after. Along the whole process of things, the family pulled up the call log on their phone to check, a total of 15m had passed from the phone call to the minister being at the door...

The event had a few witnesses who attested to the face the pastor really did travel 400+ miles in less than 15 minutes.

Interesting. I hope they saved that log...time has a way of making us doubt and rationalize those little irrational things that have happened.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
well, i got two stories both out of bagram afganistan (febuary-august 2002).

first one was a shooting star i saw shoot 3/4s across the sky to just above the horizon, where it stopped dead in it's tracks.  after a split second the shooting star took off at a 45 degree angle to the northwest of my DFP.  almost looked like a very bright tracer round, but a hell of alot faster.

second was a little ghost story.  i was in my DFP (Echo 13, believe it or not.  west end of the runway, about a mile or so out) at oh-dark thirty and i heard some footsteps going up to my position.  my alpha was out cold (sleeping like the bitch he was) over the grenade sump.  we were in black-out conditions (no light AT ALL, even red light), so i pulled out my 5-charlies, aka NVG's.  I thought it was just my area supervisor just coming up to check up on me, so i was not too worried.  low and behold, i saw a full dressed soldier walking to me... well about my 5 o'clock position, but not one of our uniforms at all.  not even a coalition uniform, we had a few of the danes and south koreans with us.  in any case, here is this guy walking up to my post, clear as day in my NVGs.  the second i got the optic in focus, he trailed off like boiling water, vapor, steam whatever you want to call it.   right in front of my fucking eyes!  my guess is this thing used to be a russian soldier.  

it scared me to death, i still see that fucking few seconds like it happend yesterday.  i hit the slap flares, about 4 of 'em i think.  i started cracking chem-lights and tossing 'em like a motherfucker.  my surefire 6P lit my entire sector up like the surface of a UV bulb.  i got quite a bit of NJP from that one, but i bounced back once other kids vouched for me.  thank god for the airmen brotherhood.  i'd have been toast from leadership if half of my damn flight did not experiance the exact same thing at one point or another.  eh well.

the haji's tortured and killed a hell of a lot of ruskies back in the day.  not a doubt in my mind that dude was one of 'em.

-rb

edited for clarity

The russian ghost thing you saw is creepy as fuck.
I've seen the "stop and go" shooting stars you saw here, and in Iraq too. They look cooler through NVGs.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Tagged for later. Love these types of threads.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The russian ghost thing you saw is creepy as fuck.

I've seen the "stop and go" shooting stars you saw here, and in Iraq too. They look cooler through NVGs.

Everything looks cooler through NVGs.

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Tag for continued reading. Interesting stuff posted so far.

I don't have much to contribute... Certainly nothing that would make an interesting X-Files episode.

Last year some friends and I saw five glowing orange spheres in trail with each other moving across the horizon. At first I thought maybe they were jet afterburners glowing in the night sky. But it didn't match up. They were moving too slow and made no sound. Secondly I thought maybe they were flares. That seems unlikely though as they were all at the same altitude of which they maintained throughout our entire observation. They were also moving at a fairly quick pace. They were just good sized fireballs moving across the horizon in a northeast direction. The odd thing is about a week later one of my friends who witnessed this with me sent me a link to some sort of UFO reporting website. There were three or four reports from people who had seen similar objects on the same night from northwestern Tennessee to southwest Ohio which matched up to the flight path we observed.

Do I believe they were some sort of alien controlled craft? Doubtful. I don't know what the hell they were. It was certainly odd.

The house I grew up in had some weird stuff going on in it. Nothing that interesting though. Just a shaking bed in a room where a past owner allegedly died of a heart attack in bed and reoccurring unexplainable noises.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#18]
October "93,me and two friends are driving down a main road in Western MA(maybe 9or10PM).No other cars on the road.A few hundred feet ahead a bright red "fireball" type object came out of a cemetary and crossed the road(i'd say about 3FT off the ground) in front of us.Almost like it was planned all three of us said "What the fuck was that?" and i'm sure we looked like this...As we got closer we looked to the left and this "object" was going through the woods zooming around trees.This is 100% no bullshit and would swear on my dead mothers grave.We did not drink or do drugs at all either.To this day i remember it like it just happened and it makes my hair stand up on my neck as i type this.No clue what the hell it was,just don't want to see it again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my 3+ years working for the TSA, there are a few times FBI agents and such approached me with there FBI badges out, Not quite paranomal but defintely gave me the X files experience.

Was indeed, been a few years though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#20]
storminnorman, could it be st. elmo's fire?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Elmo%27s_fire

i have heard of this before, somthing like swamp gas (methane) combusting, but floating in an orb.  saw a few youtube videos of it.  look 'em up, are they anything like you've seen?

-rb
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#21]
East of the Rockies... Hello you're on the air!
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
October "93,me and two friends are driving down a main road in Western MA(maybe 9or10PM).No other cars on the road.A few hundred feet ahead a bright red "fireball" type object came out of a cemetary and crossed the road(i'd say about 3FT off the ground) in front of us.Almost like it was planned all three of us said "What the fuck was that?" and i'm sure we looked like this...As we got closer we looked to the left and this "object" was going through the woods zooming around trees.This is 100% no bullshit and would swear on my dead mothers grave.We did not drink or do drugs at all either.To this day i remember it like it just happened and it makes my hair stand up on my neck as i type this.No clue what the hell it was,just don't want to see it again.

Ball Lightning?

Ball lightning
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#23]
http://www.brownmountainlights.com/

Cool stuff here www.prairieghosts.com

Also look up the Bell Witch.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I work at one of the closest installations to Area 51...
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was indeed, been a few years though.

Was this before grope-n-scan? I can tell you that I have extreme hatred for that invasive, unconstitutional shit.
I hope that you're doing all you can with whatever power you have to sway your co-workers/branch against it.

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Don't tease us, man...just spill your beans. Nobody is going to laugh.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I think I may have posted this in one of the other Creepy Threads.

When I was in high school, my parents moved to a new town. We were between houses so we had to rent an apartment near the college campus. The landlord had informed us that the previous tenant had committed suicide. I was ice enough to let my little sister have the room with the new carpet. Lol.

We were only there a couple of months and didn't really have any wierd experiences with one exeption. I get up one morning, and my mom asks me if I got in late or got up in the middle of the night, which I hadn't. She got freaked out and explained that about 1 am, my dad and her were both awakened by the hall light outside their bedroom. They sat up and saw the figure of a young guy about my size standing in the doorway. He quickly turned off the light and walked down the hall. My dad got up and followed him, but he was gone. I was sound asleep in bed and the front door was locked from the inside.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Yag for all the cool links.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Last thursday I was at work.
An older black fellow came in and asked for a couple sheets of galv 18ga sheets.

He purchased them.

I noticed after he paid me that he had one tooth and one eye. He had a fake eye in his right socket, it wasn't moving.

He then proceeds to show me super fast math tricks for about 25 minutes. I paid attention to him. It was crazy.

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I have premonition dreams.  I will dream of seeing someone that I havent seen in years, then see bump into them within the following days n the most random of places.  I also dreamed that this girl I used to work with died one night.  I ened up quitting that job then about a year later got a call from a coworker telling me that she died from a drug overdose.  I constantly have dreams about massive tidal waves.  I live relatively close to the beach, I hope they are just a supressed fear that I never think of while awake or something.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ball Lightning?

Ball lightning

Someone light a dog on fire?
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Years ago I was driving my 2yr old son around hoping he would fall asleep. In the woods by the cemetary, I saw a dark figure. I slowed down, and while I was looking, the figure moved closer to me (40 yds or so) and went behind a tree. As I crept forward, the figure appeared from behind another tree even closer. And then just vanished. This was in the afternoon..so it was not me seeing things in the dark.
(I posted this story on Arfcom soon after it happened. ) The next day, I went back to look in the snow for foot prints or tracks or anything...nothing was there.
I know what I saw...I was not tired, nor drunk, nor on any medication. I saw a figure in a robe like apparel appear and disappear just like that.

A couple years later, there was a local "expert" on paranormal activity on a radio talk show. I called and asked about any other sightings at Rienzi Cemetary...I was told that there have been no known sightings there...I still have no idea what I witnessed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I have had some interesting precognitive dreams before.

One night in January of 1995, I had a vivid dream that I was in a tall skyscraper someplace in Japan, and there was an earthquake.

The next day when I watched the news, it was filled with reports of the Kobe earthquake.

But the weirdest precognitive event I've had in years happened just a few years ago.

I woke up one morning and was standing at the bathroom sink shaving.

Suddenly, while I was shaving, I started thinking about my sister's mother in law.

I should tell you that this woman lived several hundred miles away from me, and I did not visit there often, nor did I have any particular reason to start thinking about her right out of the blue.

After I finished my bathroom routine I went to get a cup of coffee and check my e-mail like I usually do.

There was an e-mail from my sister.

Her mother in law had just died.

That shit still freaks me out when I think about it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I had that exact thing happen to me for the first itme ever a few days ago. Fell asleep on the living room floor and it was like a grenade going off in front of my face I sat up and was freaked out. I was the only one that heard it obviously! It was loud though!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#35]
the scariest story I have ever heard was from a friend who drove into the Pinewoods Cemetary in Troy NY.  He said that he and his brother and their girlfriends drove into the cemetary and as soon as they passed thru the front gate, the car just died.  He and his brother got out and pushed the car back out.  As soon as the car was outside the gate, the lights came back on and then he started it back up.  He said he would never go back into Pinewoods again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Holloman Air Force Base?

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
http://www.brownmountainlights.com/

Cool stuff here www.prairieghosts.com

Also look up the Bell Witch.

I've seen the Brown Mountain Lights before.  Very cool and very eerie.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I still like this post in the Creepy Wilderness Thread, lets just say I would have definitely have filled my underwear, ultimate oh shit moment right there.

Originally posted by Frank_Symptoms
One of my clients and pretty good friends has a customer whose father in law is alleged to have been reduced to a neurotic child by a terrifying SQ encounter. I have spoken to the son in law once, but "Pop" is extremely resistant to talk to anyone outside his family. I know who Pop is because he is very accomplished in a mechanical field that I'm very interested in, but I've never dealt with him. His overall reputation as a person is stellar on a bad day.

Pop loved to hunt. To avoid divorce, when he neared early retirement he and wife got some land in Smith County, TX so he could hunt often without all the disruption of taking expeditions all over the place. That satisfied wifey and he hoped to retire in peace.

Last November he was in his very nice north-facing custom deer stand on his land about 1,500 feet from the house when he heard steps coming from the south. Once the steps got about 50' away he barked out a trespassing warning to leave and never come back. He could not see behind him because the stand is mounted on a very large tree.

The steps stopped, then in 4 quick strides the creature appeared just to the side of the tree, slightly forward of it, and spun around and looked right at him. Pop started screaming and this upset the creature, which screamed too and approached the stand and JUMPED UP, trying to reach him or grab the bottom of the stand (15' up to bottom) and pull the whole thing down.

Once he got his wits a little assembled, he went on the defensive and leaned up to donate a .270 round to the animal, but he was so scared that he dropped his gun over the rail, which threw him into a panic. The SQ had already touched the bottom of the stand with two jumps and he felt his life was in extreme danger.

Survival mode kicked in hard and he went for the only weapon he could think of - cans of iced tea! Right as he leaned down to open the cooler and snatch a can of tea, the SQ backed up a few steps and Pop believed the SQ was about to get a running start so it could jump higher and get him out of the tree (I think it's possible that it wanted to keep Pop in sight - the front of the stand was solid and covered with brush for camo - he bent down to open the cooler and the SQ backed up to keep him in view - just a theory).

Pop sprang up and whaled a can of tea as hard as he could at the SQ and nailed it square in the upper face, which made it double over and groan loudly, hands over face. It seemed dizzy and surprised. Then Pop poured the ice and water from the cooler on it, and that wigged it out in grand fashion. Just as he followed by throwing the cooler at it (missed) too, it tore off to a nearby treeline by the creek and watched him through a crook in a tree, rocking side-to-side.

Right then Pop was just about bowled over by the realization that he had his Colt 1911 with him in his backpack. He dug the gun out of the bottom of the bag, aimed at the creature's head and fired. Nothing happened - he didn't have one up the snout. So he then racked the slide and right then the thing took off into the brush to the north and crossed the creek shortly after being out of site. He got off one shot and is certain he missed by a wide margin.

Pop waited a short while and dismounted the stand to return home. He was white as a sheet and crying when he got there, and it was the first time in 32 years his wife had seen him cry, or even noticeably scared. Since then he will not hunt, will not penetrate the treeline around the house, and will not even leave the patio after sunset.

Here's the kicker - a couple of weeks ago Pop's truck broke down on the thickly wooded private dirt road leading from the FM to the house. He was stranded in the middle of a sunny afternoon about 700 feet from the house. Instead of walking home, he shut himself in the truck and kept calling people on his cell phone until he found someone to come and get him for the 20 second car ride to the house!

His son in law received a hysterical voice mail message of Pop, sobbing, begging for him to come help, so the guy had to drive all the way from Nacadoches to give a hardened combat veteran and lifelong adventurous outdoorsman a very short ride from the front yard to the front door. And Pop had a .44 magnum Colt Python on him, which he now always has with him.

There were also some items missing from the site, but I've not gotten enough of a detailed account of that yet. It's my understanding that the rifle and can of tea are unaccounted for, but I'll clear that up on the follow up contact that is to occur Monday (I badly hope). There have been some other curious incidents, but nothing like terror in the tree stand.

Hopefully I can gain access to the land. The family is urging him to at least talk to someone who knows about these animals. If I can gain an inroad, I'll be headed out there soon, since it's very close to home.

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing really too interesting. I should say, nothing that makes me too excited. LUU-2 flares caught in ridge lift that everyone swears are UFOs. Bomb impacts leaving flashes (and booms that everyone thinks are 'secret sonic booms' or some shit) back on the ranges that get the same reactions.

There was one incident where we came on rather close terms with a MIG-23 during a SERE excercise...

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I still like this post in the Creepy Wilderness Thread, lets just say I would have definitely have filled my underwear, ultimate oh shit moment right there.

Originally posted by Frank_Symptoms

One of my clients and pretty good friends has a customer whose father in law is alleged to have been reduced to a neurotic child by a terrifying SQ encounter. I have spoken to the son in law once, but "Pop" is extremely resistant to talk to anyone outside his family. I know who Pop is because he is very accomplished in a mechanical field that I'm very interested in, but I've never dealt with him. His overall reputation as a person is stellar on a bad day.

Pop loved to hunt. To avoid divorce, when he neared early retirement he and wife got some land in Smith County, TX so he could hunt often without all the disruption of taking expeditions all over the place. That satisfied wifey and he hoped to retire in peace.

Last November he was in his very nice north-facing custom deer stand on his land about 1,500 feet from the house when he heard steps coming from the south. Once the steps got about 50' away he barked out a trespassing warning to leave and never come back. He could not see behind him because the stand is mounted on a very large tree.

The steps stopped, then in 4 quick strides the creature appeared just to the side of the tree, slightly forward of it, and spun around and looked right at him. Pop started screaming and this upset the creature, which screamed too and approached the stand and JUMPED UP, trying to reach him or grab the bottom of the stand (15' up to bottom) and pull the whole thing down.

Once he got his wits a little assembled, he went on the defensive and leaned up to donate a .270 round to the animal, but he was so scared that he dropped his gun over the rail, which threw him into a panic. The SQ had already touched the bottom of the stand with two jumps and he felt his life was in extreme danger.

Survival mode kicked in hard and he went for the only weapon he could think of - cans of iced tea! Right as he leaned down to open the cooler and snatch a can of tea, the SQ backed up a few steps and Pop believed the SQ was about to get a running start so it could jump higher and get him out of the tree (I think it's possible that it wanted to keep Pop in sight - the front of the stand was solid and covered with brush for camo - he bent down to open the cooler and the SQ backed up to keep him in view - just a theory).

Pop sprang up and whaled a can of tea as hard as he could at the SQ and nailed it square in the upper face, which made it double over and groan loudly, hands over face. It seemed dizzy and surprised. Then Pop poured the ice and water from the cooler on it, and that wigged it out in grand fashion. Just as he followed by throwing the cooler at it (missed) too, it tore off to a nearby treeline by the creek and watched him through a crook in a tree, rocking side-to-side.

Right then Pop was just about bowled over by the realization that he had his Colt 1911 with him in his backpack. He dug the gun out of the bottom of the bag, aimed at the creature's head and fired. Nothing happened - he didn't have one up the snout. So he then racked the slide and right then the thing took off into the brush to the north and crossed the creek shortly after being out of site. He got off one shot and is certain he missed by a wide margin.

Pop waited a short while and dismounted the stand to return home. He was white as a sheet and crying when he got there, and it was the first time in 32 years his wife had seen him cry, or even noticeably scared. Since then he will not hunt, will not penetrate the treeline around the house, and will not even leave the patio after sunset.

Here's the kicker - a couple of weeks ago Pop's truck broke down on the thickly wooded private dirt road leading from the FM to the house. He was stranded in the middle of a sunny afternoon about 700 feet from the house. Instead of walking home, he shut himself in the truck and kept calling people on his cell phone until he found someone to come and get him for the 20 second car ride to the house!

His son in law received a hysterical voice mail message of Pop, sobbing, begging for him to come help, so the guy had to drive all the way from Nacadoches to give a hardened combat veteran and lifelong adventurous outdoorsman a very short ride from the front yard to the front door. And Pop had a .44 magnum Colt Python on him, which he now always has with him.

There were also some items missing from the site, but I've not gotten enough of a detailed account of that yet. It's my understanding that the rifle and can of tea are unaccounted for, but I'll clear that up on the follow up contact that is to occur Monday (I badly hope). There have been some other curious incidents, but nothing like terror in the tree stand.

Hopefully I can gain access to the land. The family is urging him to at least talk to someone who knows about these animals. If I can gain an inroad, I'll be headed out there soon, since it's very close to home.

Damn...that's in my old neck of the woods....grew up in Nacogdoches and Longview.  I can tell you there are a lot of creepy stories about what is in the deep piney woods out there.

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Spookiest thing that ever happened to me occurred just a few years ago in Iowa.

Was hanging out with a buddy in a wooded creek area behind his workplace. We were just sitting on a log bullshitting.

All of a sudden the hand-held radio (very cheap, low quality) he was carrying to communicate with the other employee there came to life. A female voice was coming through, clear as day, literally screaming my name, "Kurt". Occasionally 'she' would say like "Where are you?", but most of it was just screaming my name. The guy with me was genuinely freaked out too. We tried replying, but we got no response, although the voice did continue screaming my name. This continued on for 45 seconds to a minute and then abruptly ceased. If it was the other employee there playing a prank we would have heard him as he was within 40 yards of us.

Haven't had anything weird since and I'm still not sure what to make of what happened.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#42]
About the only thing I have is one night when I was younger, probably 10-12, my dad and I were traveling down the highway at night.  All of the sudden, what looked like 5 helicopters (due to their lights) came upon us from the rear and passed us at 50-100feet off the ground.  Nothing inherently weird about this, helicopters flying at night, whatever.  The weird thing is they didn't make a sound as they passed it.  I could see shapes in the dark of some objects and the lights on bottom but there was no sound from them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Tag

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There was one incident where we came on rather close terms with a MIG-23 during a SERE excercise...

That is fascinating.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#45]
One night about 3 to 4 years ago I twice observed an aircraft with 2 red and 2 white lights flying overhead.  It was low maybe 500-1000 feet, moving slow and was completely silent.  Would never have known it was there if I had not spotted the lights.  I live about 40 miles from Ft. Rucker and figured it was a stealth helicopter being evaluated or crews training on it.  Couldn't make out an outline as it was a moonless night.  Wish I had had some passive NV to get a look at it.  I haven't seen those lights since.

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Not sure if this qualifies, but here goes.

One night, after hanging out with my favorite chick, I arrived at my house where I lived with my dad. I got out of her car, and started to walk up the driveway. There was a late model compact parked in front of the neighbors, with the engine shut off facing my direction. The driver and passenger were both older black women, and appeared to be waiting for someone. I didn't recognize them or the vehicle, but my neighbors were black also, so I didn't think much of it. The driver leans out the window, and said "Are you mr. smokiexd45?" (said my real name).

I replied, "No, but I should see him later if you need anything". I had no idea what they wanted with me, but I wanted to find out. Apparently they called my bluff and said "smokie, we have something we would like to share with you. First, we need to tell you that it is not a good idea for you to move to Florida, and that you should stay where you are for the time being." Two weeks prior, I had applied to go work for a contract company out of Florida, and was looking for an apartment there. This really got me going, and I asked in a freaked out tone, "Who are you, and who are you with?" They said, "That is not important now, but we would like to tell you something else."

What they told me next freaked me the fuck out, and made me pissed all at the same time. The passenger woman said, "One of your uncles that is on your dad's side is going to be leaving you soon. He is going to be leaving you with a great fortune, and you should be appreciative of it." I just kind of stood there not sure what to say. I wanted to tell them to get the hell away from me, but there were something about them that was giving me a feeling of them truly meaning well. They said, "That's all we have for now, but please take what we have told you seriously, have a good night mr. (last name)."

The chick that had dropped me off, was still waiting in her car to see what I was doing, so I got back in the car. She said "what the hell is wrong with you, you look scared." I told her there is no way I could explain what just happened and that I think that she should just leave. I got zero sleep that night.

To tie this all together, the area that I was going to move to in Florida was wiped out by a hurricane a few weeks later. I never leave for hurricanes, and I'm pretty sure that I would have been in a pretty bad situation or worse had I moved. Worse than that, My Uncle Tory was killed on his way to work about a month and a half later in an auto accident. It took me a while to figure out what the "fortune" was that he left me. I was never really close to my cousin, his son, before that. I saw that he was going down a lot of wrong paths after losing his father, and I tried to help him out as much as I could. To this day, he is my best friend, and it means the world to me.

Just figured I'd share that. No doubt the strangest thing that has happened to me.

ETA..forgot to mention, I had told no one other than the contract company that I applied for that I was considering moving to Florida, not even my family.

Angels?
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Not sure if this qualifies, but here goes.

One night, after hanging out with my favorite chick, I arrived at my house where I lived with my dad. I got out of her car, and started to walk up the driveway. There was a late model compact parked in front of the neighbors, with the engine shut off facing my direction. The driver and passenger were both older black women, and appeared to be waiting for someone. I didn't recognize them or the vehicle, but my neighbors were black also, so I didn't think much of it. The driver leans out the window, and said "Are you mr. smokiexd45?" (said my real name).

I replied, "No, but I should see him later if you need anything". I had no idea what they wanted with me, but I wanted to find out. Apparently they called my bluff and said "smokie, we have something we would like to share with you. First, we need to tell you that it is not a good idea for you to move to Florida, and that you should stay where you are for the time being." Two weeks prior, I had applied to go work for a contract company out of Florida, and was looking for an apartment there. This really got me going, and I asked in a freaked out tone, "Who are you, and who are you with?" They said, "That is not important now, but we would like to tell you something else."

What they told me next freaked me the fuck out, and made me pissed all at the same time. The passenger woman said, "One of your uncles that is on your dad's side is going to be leaving you soon. He is going to be leaving you with a great fortune, and you should be appreciative of it." I just kind of stood there not sure what to say. I wanted to tell them to get the hell away from me, but there were something about them that was giving me a feeling of them truly meaning well. They said, "That's all we have for now, but please take what we have told you seriously, have a good night mr. (last name)."

The chick that had dropped me off, was still waiting in her car to see what I was doing, so I got back in the car. She said "what the hell is wrong with you, you look scared." I told her there is no way I could explain what just happened and that I think that she should just leave. I got zero sleep that night.

To tie this all together, the area that I was going to move to in Florida was wiped out by a hurricane a few weeks later. I never leave for hurricanes, and I'm pretty sure that I would have been in a pretty bad situation or worse had I moved. Worse than that, My Uncle Tory was killed on his way to work about a month and a half later in an auto accident. It took me a while to figure out what the "fortune" was that he left me. I was never really close to my cousin, his son, before that. I saw that he was going down a lot of wrong paths after losing his father, and I tried to help him out as much as I could. To this day, he is my best friend, and it means the world to me.

Just figured I'd share that. No doubt the strangest thing that has happened to me.

ETA..forgot to mention, I had told no one other than the contract company that I applied for that I was considering moving to Florida, not even my family.

Angels?

That is probably the only explanation I or anyone else can come up with. A couple of years after that night, I was recalling the incident with a deeply religious christian at the place where I worked. Without hesitation, he said it was a "divine intervention" and seemed genuinely excited about it. Spooked the heck out of me, as I am not an overly religious person myself.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That is probably the only explanation I or anyone else can come up with. A couple of years after that night, I was recalling the incident with a deeply religious christian at the place where I worked. Without hesitation, he said it was a "divine intervention" and seemed genuinely excited about it. Spooked the heck out of me, as I am not an overly religious person myself.

Lucky man. I get the whole gut-feeling premonitions thing...sometimes weird dreams that inexplicably come true or lead me to realizations.

Wish something like that would happen to me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was in that area about a month ago, driving down 318 from Ely to Las Vegas.  As you may or may not know there is NOTHING between the two but sand.  It was very very dark out and I swore that something about 5 feet tall and black ran in front of me.  Now, being the doubting person that I am, I brushed it off as my mind doing weird things.  As I get near Tonopah I see what I think is a Chinook flying really really low over the roadway.  I turn down the radio and opened the window's to make sure my mind isn't playing games yet again.  I never heard anything, I never really thought about it until now, but it had multi-colored lights on it and not just your traditional red and green lights.  The only way I can describe it was it was the basic shape of a Chinook (long and somewhat narrow) and flew very smoothly, without any type of vibration.  Now, I spent 10 years in the AF as a cop working all sorts of weird duty assignments, and then 13 years in civilian LE, and had/seen my fair share of weird things, but I could always explain them away.  

Maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me, maybe it was swamp gas (or residual nuclear particles in the air), I don't know but a small part of me wants to believe.  If you've ever been in that part of the country, you know how void it is of life.  You have the TTR, the Extraterrestrial Highway, and an imagination to keep you busy and looking at the sky to see what is out there.

Link Posted: 5/15/2011 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Numbers stations always make my arm hair stand on end. Creepy.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top