Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 149
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Deanventure:
Ok, I've gotten a lot of entertainment from this thread, so I'll contribute something.
It's kind of a long story, I'll try to be as clear and succinct as possible.

In 1997, I finally managed to develop a relationship with my highschool crush. We had both graduated that year and were working crappy jobs, but enjoying life...or so I thought.
She lived in her childhood home with her brother who had purchased the house from their parents. We stayed up late, drank shitty beer her brother bought us, and did the stuff 18 year old kids do. One night she told me a story from her childhood that really chilled me. I've never been one to believe in the supernatural, but because she was so serious and visibly disturbed when recounting her experience, I couldn't help but believe she really saw something. I forget the specific details of the story, but it featured a dark, hooded figure standing in her door frame one night. She described how an overwhelming feeling of dread and doom instantly washed over her. The figure raised an arm as if accusing her of something, then disappeared. She was absolutely terrified. Too scared to move, scream or anything else. At first, I thought she was joking with me, but The look on her face told another story. She saw something that night. She had relayed the ordeal to her other family members the next day, but it was dismissed it as a typical childhood nightmare. Her story was pretty chilling, especially because this event happened in the very room in which we were currently sleeping. He story was soon shuffled to the back of the line in my brain, leaving me with happier thoughts.

Three months into our relationship, this poor young girl hung herself in the closet. The night of her death, I had to go home for some reason and promised to pick her up for breakfast. When I arrived at her house the following morning, I was greeted by two detectives, her brother, and her father. I was absolutely devastated  I won't go into further detail, but that was a very difficult year for me. If it weren't for a very dear friend, my life could have taken a very different course.

A few years later I ended up moving in to the house as a tenant. The brother and I were friends and rent was dirt cheap. It was a little weird being in the house again, but I got over it. (I didn't take her room, for obvious reasons.) There were other tenants as well. One of the renters was a girl I had not previously known. The brother had met her  recently and upon hearing of he housing woes, offered her his sister's old room. He did not tell her that the room was where his sister had died. The tenant knew that his sister had committed suicide, but not where or when. I should also mention that the female tenant had never met the deceased girl, they did not know each other.

Here's the punchline...sorry.

One night, we are all sitting in the living room drinking rum and Coke. The roommate mentioned a terrible nightmare she had endured the previous evening.
This girl went on to describe the same exact hooded figure standing in the doorway, accusatory pose and all. Her "nightmare" was almost verbatim what my then, girlfriend had experienced and relayed to me two years prior. I don't know how to describe the feeling that went through my body. To say I was chilled would be the understatement of the century. The brother and I were speechless. We didn't bother to tell her the story, but she could tell something was amiss. Soon after that, I moved out.

Holy shit man, I think you win the thread
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By grywlf52:

Here's some creepy shit my wife does

Damn, dude. As if those old porcelain dolls weren't creepy enough already.

Link Posted: 10/11/2012 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome thread! I'll contribute... and Ill try and keep it short. I have many stories...
  The wife and myself bought this home from my sister. She lived here with her first husband, his parents grew up here and his grandparents
owned it. My sister never mentioned anything creepy ever happening here aside from hearing music/radio during the night. (which does occur)
I have a large drum set, 2 bass drums and the whole thing. I have soft shelled cases for gigs and such. I stacked these up when not in use near the basement door. My wife tried to come in the basement door and they were stacked against it. She asked why I would do that, I replied that I definitely had not...
  My wife also exercised downstairs at one time and she was doing a pushup or something and felt something whisk through her hair. Like a hand or something. She thought it was a cobweb and shrugged it off. She told me about it, and it was mildly creepy. But another time she was coming upstairs from the basement, and she was about 3/4 the way up and she could audibly hear something run up the stairs behind her and she even braced herself for whatever it was to run into her. But nothing...
Then stuff started happening VERY regularly at 3-4am. At least weekly something would happen.
    Our bedroom is across the hall from my daughters room, and our computer/media room. 4am and I was awakened by papers rustling in our media room. You could clearly hear it, like someone was going through drawers and moving things on our desks. I woke my wife up and she listened for a second and we agreed someone was in the house. We jumped up out of the bed and charged into the room to find nothing moved or out of place.
   One night around 3:30am my daughter was at her mothers house and we were asleep. Suddenly one of my daughters toys, an electronic keyboard, began playing music on its own. My wife and myself both woke up and just sat there like "what the hell is that?" We got up and could hear it coming from her room and i flipped the lightswitch on, and literally the instant i did that the music stopped. The keyboard was 'off' as well...
   My daughter and I were playing in her room, I suddenly heard a 'tick tock' type sound that kept getting louder and louder. I had her be quiet and listened again. I put my ear to the floor and it was coming from the basement. I ran down expecting to see something swaying on a nail or something on the floor. Nothing.
   I took my daughter to school one morning, my wife was at home. I had just dropped her off and got in the Jeep and my wife called. She said she had to talk to me about something that happened last night. She told me she was asleep and again about 4am something told her to wake up. When she opened her eyes she saw a huge dark figure at the foot of our bed. It had huge ears and looked like a dog. She did the typical blink blink blink, i must be dreaming thing. She told it to get out of our house and it slowly shrank down like it went through the floor and was gone. We never mentioned it to my daughter she was 3 or 4 at the time and didnt want to freak her out, we had just gotten her to sleep in her own bed etc. I thought it was pretty creepy at the time... It gets better though. Not a week later my daughter gets up in the morning to tell us about a black figure she had seen in her closet. It was "licking its paws like a dog." she said. We couldnt believe it...
  Another time, at 4am, something about the size of a marble, shot across the room hit the wall bounced and hit another wall and landed behind the bed. It was so loud it woke us both up and we got flashlights and everything and tried to find out what in the world it could have been, but again, never found a thing.
   We had a few times smelled perfume by the basement door, the door that leads to the basement is across from the door that leads to the back yard. You can put your hands and touch both doors at the same time. We never could explain the perfume smell... All this stuff had been going on though and we mentioned it to my sisters first husband who i am still good friends with. He said that his grandmother smoked but kept it secret from his grandfather, she would go out the back door and smoke and then cover the smell with the perfume...
Lots of weird stuff but nothing lately, not for a long time in fact... Yeah we still live here, we told the ghost (if any) that they owe us rent money...
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 11:01:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JeffTheOtherDude] [#5]

Originally Posted By grywlf52:

Here's some creepy shit my wife does

My Aunt has a porcelain doll collection as well, she also puts a bowl of water underneath her bed to protect herself from "the souls" of said dolls.

Link Posted: 10/11/2012 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
lets keep the creepy going

http://www.trbailey.net/g2/d/20051-4/understanding-joshua.jpg

I've seen an entire pictorial with this craz looking thing several years ago.
Where is it from?
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I swear, every time I post in a thread, that's the end of he topic.
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Solace22:
Awesome thread! I'll contribute... and Ill try and keep it short. I have many stories...
  The wife and myself bought this home from my sister. She lived here with her first husband, his parents grew up here and his grandparents
owned it. My sister never mentioned anything creepy ever happening here aside from hearing music/radio during the night. (which does occur)
I have a large drum set, 2 bass drums and the whole thing. I have soft shelled cases for gigs and such. I stacked these up when not in use near the basement door. My wife tried to come in the basement door and they were stacked against it. She asked why I would do that, I replied that I definitely had not...

Because you mentioned things getting moved around and it's getting close to halloween. This isn't particularly creepy, but the strangest thing I've heard in recent memory.

I believe it was last fall, my parents went away for the weekend to visit my sister at college. When the got back all the doors were locked, everything was just as they had left them, aside from a couple of things. 1) The very large wooden step that leads into the house from the garage was moved so that it was no longer in front of the door but pushed off to the side, not just a little bit, but enough that they had to push it back to use it. It's heavy enough that it would be easily or accidentially moved. 2) The attic door was open, all the way. It's basically a panel that you have to climb a latter and push up, then slide off to the side. It's a real pain, I remember from having to go up there to get holiday decorations when I was a kid. Again, not something that would be easily or accidentially moved.

They thought maybe someone had broken in, a thief or the like, but nothing was missing and just those 2 things were moved. Both things that a thief probably wouldn't bother with, since there is nothing to be gained by doing so. Maybe someone was screwing with them, I don't know, but those are some strange things to do.
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Solace22:
  My wife also exercised downstairs at one time and she was doing a pushup or something and felt something whisk through her hair. Like a hand or something. She thought it was a cobweb and shrugged it off. She told me about it, and it was mildly creepy. But another time she was coming upstairs from the basement, and she was about 3/4 the way up and she could audibly hear something run up the stairs behind her and she even braced herself for whatever it was to run into her. But nothing...
Then stuff started happening VERY regularly at 3-4am. At least weekly something would happen.
    Our bedroom is across the hall from my daughters room, and our computer/media room. 4am and I was awakened by papers rustling in our media room. You could clearly hear it, like someone was going through drawers and moving things on our desks. I woke my wife up and she listened for a second and we agreed someone was in the house. We jumped up out of the bed and charged into the room to find nothing moved or out of place.
   One night around 3:30am my daughter was at her mothers house and we were asleep. Suddenly one of my daughters toys, an electronic keyboard, began playing music on its own. My wife and myself both woke up and just sat there like "what the hell is that?" We got up and could hear it coming from her room and i flipped the lightswitch on, and literally the instant i did that the music stopped. The keyboard was 'off' as well...
   My daughter and I were playing in her room, I suddenly heard a 'tick tock' type sound that kept getting louder and louder. I had her be quiet and listened again. I put my ear to the floor and it was coming from the basement. I ran down expecting to see something swaying on a nail or something on the floor. Nothing.
   I took my daughter to school one morning, my wife was at home. I had just dropped her off and got in the Jeep and my wife called. She said she had to talk to me about something that happened last night. She told me she was asleep and again about 4am something told her to wake up. When she opened her eyes she saw a huge dark figure at the foot of our bed. It had huge ears and looked like a dog. She did the typical blink blink blink, i must be dreaming thing. She told it to get out of our house and it slowly shrank down like it went through the floor and was gone. We never mentioned it to my daughter she was 3 or 4 at the time and didnt want to freak her out, we had just gotten her to sleep in her own bed etc. I thought it was pretty creepy at the time... It gets better though. Not a week later my daughter gets up in the morning to tell us about a black figure she had seen in her closet. It was "licking its paws like a dog." she said. We couldnt believe it...
  Another time, at 4am, something about the size of a marble, shot across the room hit the wall bounced and hit another wall and landed behind the bed. It was so loud it woke us both up and we got flashlights and everything and tried to find out what in the world it could have been, but again, never found a thing.
   We had a few times smelled perfume by the basement door, the door that leads to the basement is across from the door that leads to the back yard. You can put your hands and touch both doors at the same time. We never could explain the perfume smell... All this stuff had been going on though and we mentioned it to my sisters first husband who i am still good friends with. He said that his grandmother smoked but kept it secret from his grandfather, she would go out the back door and smoke and then cover the smell with the perfume...
Lots of weird stuff but nothing lately, not for a long time in fact... Yeah we still live here, we told the ghost (if any) that they owe us rent money...

No way in HELL could I live there after all of that happened.  I would have been gone after clearly hearing something run up behind me on the stairs.  But if some reason, we hadn't moved yet........seeing something standing at the foot of my bed would surely do the trick.

Creepy story is creepy.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 12:15:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MoonDancer:
Originally Posted By 6winchester2:
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
Originally Posted By steve-oh:
Originally Posted By Ohio:
Originally Posted By SKWhitlc:
In 2005 early 2006 in Jalabad Afghanistan.

We were having a boring day, nothing had been going on for about a week. Everything was quiet and going good. Had just come back from a vehicle patrol and was counting everything getting ready to put the boys in the rack. All of a sudden, all the radios come to life. Someone on the other end is screaming about being ambushed and getting whacked to pieces.

Everyone in earshot gets that " Oh shit" look on their faces, and I yell at my APL to get the trucks reloaded and have everyone suited up and ready to roll in 5 minutes while I run to the COC and find out where we are needed. As I enter the COC, it is hopping. Radios going off, guy still screaming, guns going off.

The RO is trying to break in and find out who is in contact. Jump on BN freq and ask them who is in contact and if we need to roll to them. BN says everyone reports negative contact and to stand by. BN gets in contact with higher, who is also recieving the transmission, and they report all units are reporting negative contact.

Radios going crazy, you can hear all kinds of screaming; people in pain, people screaming to break contact... and suddenly we hear " Get that GD 60 rolling! " We all look at each other and ask 60? as in the machinegun? Voice comes back screaming about    " Get the pig going! Get it going! "  Then, he starts screaming in pain, and the transmission cuts out.

No one had contact that day. No one. That was the freaking thing that ever happened to me. Had a nightmare about it that night.

That shit just creeped me right the fuck out.

Damn.

Great story.
There are similar ones from every war since we had radios. That doesn't mean that the writer was lying.

Dude. We had a similar experience in Kunar. Only the guys were screaming in Russian. It was coming over the Single Channel Plain Text radio we kept in the TOC on our little 2 squad OP in case we needed to talk to the ANA at the bottom of the mountain. Lots of yelling and shooting. I was really pissed because I thought someone was screwing around and it was extremely unprofessional. We were still talking about a couple weeks later when a guy came to fix our SNAP. Air Force cat who was real smart with radios. He told us that in theory, radio waves could be bouncing all over those mountains and come back 20+ years later and you'd receive them. Nobody else was aroud to pull an elaborate joke like that, especially with the shooting in the background. It was definitely weird.

"20 years later" is a bit of a stretch. "Bouncing around the mountains" is pure BS.  However, there ARE some very strange stories about radio wave propagation. One of the wierdest is about long-period "echos" in which radio operators hear their own signals coming back to them fifteen to thirty seconds after they've transmitted. Now, EME (Earth-Moon-Earth) transmissions take 1 1/2 seconds round trip, and are pretty much limited to VHF and UHF radio frequencies. So for a HF (High Frequency) radio signal to take 30 seconds to return means that it has taken TWENTY TIMES the distance from the earth to the moon (total distance travelled).

A ham radio friend who was a plasma physics Ph. D. said that the current theory involved a magnetic field around the earth, which extended many many miles into space, and essentially "ducted" the radio signal for the entire distance.

I am suggesting that such an instance can explain how the signal got into your friend's radios. The US didn't use the M60 back then, but there was (and likely, are) many other countries that do so. Might also have been some commando unit or some merc unit that got into trouble.

Since you were also just "putting the unit into the rack," it suggests that the situation happened at dusk or very nearly dusk. There's another radio phenomenon called "Grey-line propagation," in which a radio signal originating at a given latitude will travel along the terminator (the separation between day and night) and be heard at exactly the same latitude but on the other side of the equator.

Or it may be ghosts. Who knows.

eta The opposite side of the equator from Afghanistan is smack in the middle of the Indian Ocean, so that theory is a wash.

Fascinating.

That's what I love about ARFCOM.  A creepy thread can suddenly turn into a fascinating discussion of wave propagation theory.

Great info, thanks.

ETA: Wasn't there some sci-fi/horror film a few years back about someone who was receiving radio signals from 20 years ago?

I would guess you're thinking about R-Point, a Korean ghost/horror movie that started with them receiving radio calls for help from a platoon that had missing for three years.

The movie I was thinking about was FREQUENCY.

However, I did see R-POINT quite recently, except they had re-named it as something else (I don't remember what now).

That was a cool movie too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, I've gotten a lot of entertainment from this thread, so I'll contribute something.

~~~~~~~~

Here's the punchline...sorry.

One night, we are all sitting in the living room drinking rum and Coke. The roommate mentioned a terrible nightmare she had endured the previous evening.
This girl went on to describe the same exact hooded figure standing in the doorway, accusatory pose and all. Her "nightmare" was almost verbatim what my then, girlfriend had experienced and relayed to me two years prior. I don't know how to describe the feeling that went through my body. To say I was chilled would be the understatement of the century. The brother and I were speechless. We didn't bother to tell her the story, but she could tell something was amiss. Soon after that, I moved out.

Chills...I now have them.

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 1:01:41 AM EDT
[#12]

In 1997, I finally managed to develop a relationship with my highschool crush. We had both graduated that year and were working crappy jobs, but enjoying life...or so I thought.

-SNIP-

The brother and I were speechless. We didn't bother to tell her the story, but she could tell something was amiss. Soon after that, I moved out.

First off; Sorry about your friend.

Second; why in the hell am I rereading these post in the middle of the friggin night.

Third; I hope the current girl survives.

Ed

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 2:34:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Second; why in the hell am I rereading these post in the middle of the friggin night.

Ed, whatever you do... don't look out the window... or answer the knock at your door, or the ringing telephone... or look under your bed... or your bedsheets.... and most especially, don't go into the bathroom.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 3:22:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M1-Ed] [#14]

Ed, whatever you do... don't look out the window... or answer the knock at your door, or the ringing telephone... or look under your bed... or your bedsheets.... and most especially, don't go into the bathroom.

You're welcome.

Just ShutUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

I have to let my dag out. And he is Deaf & Blind. Plus it is pitch black and pouring down rain here. So Thank You.

And I just put the big guns back in the safe this morning. So I'm a dead man.

This crap always happens to me.

Ed

eta; already went to the bathroom. killed the biggest brown spider i have ever seen. well it's flat now. and flushed down the toilet or i would have taken pictures of it. not the toilet. the spider.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#15]

You're welcome.

You forgot the closet. Never look there after dark.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Maybe the unit you were hearing was catching hell in IRAQ somewhere and the radio waves were bounced to you in AFG or maybe being inadvertently relayed by some numbnuts radioman that was listening to it in AFG??

Originally Posted By MoonDancer:
Originally Posted By steve-oh:
Originally Posted By Ohio:
Originally Posted By SKWhitlc:
In 2005 early 2006 in Jalabad Afghanistan.

We were having a boring day, nothing had been going on for about a week. Everything was quiet and going good. Had just come back from a vehicle patrol and was counting everything getting ready to put the boys in the rack. All of a sudden, all the radios come to life. Someone on the other end is screaming about being ambushed and getting whacked to pieces.

Everyone in earshot gets that " Oh shit" look on their faces, and I yell at my APL to get the trucks reloaded and have everyone suited up and ready to roll in 5 minutes while I run to the COC and find out where we are needed. As I enter the COC, it is hopping. Radios going off, guy still screaming, guns going off.

The RO is trying to break in and find out who is in contact. Jump on BN freq and ask them who is in contact and if we need to roll to them. BN says everyone reports negative contact and to stand by. BN gets in contact with higher, who is also recieving the transmission, and they report all units are reporting negative contact.

Radios going crazy, you can hear all kinds of screaming; people in pain, people screaming to break contact... and suddenly we hear " Get that GD 60 rolling! " We all look at each other and ask 60? as in the machinegun? Voice comes back screaming about    " Get the pig going! Get it going! "  Then, he starts screaming in pain, and the transmission cuts out.

No one had contact that day. No one. That was the freaking thing that ever happened to me. Had a nightmare about it that night.

That shit just creeped me right the fuck out.

Damn.

Great story.
There are similar ones from every war since we had radios. That doesn't mean that the writer was lying.

Dude. We had a similar experience in Kunar. Only the guys were screaming in Russian. It was coming over the Single Channel Plain Text radio we kept in the TOC on our little 2 squad OP in case we needed to talk to the ANA at the bottom of the mountain. Lots of yelling and shooting. I was really pissed because I thought someone was screwing around and it was extremely unprofessional. We were still talking about a couple weeks later when a guy came to fix our SNAP. Air Force cat who was real smart with radios. He told us that in theory, radio waves could be bouncing all over those mountains and come back 20+ years later and you'd receive them. Nobody else was aroud to pull an elaborate joke like that, especially with the shooting in the background. It was definitely weird.

"20 years later" is a bit of a stretch. "Bouncing around the mountains" is pure BS.  However, there ARE some very strange stories about radio wave propagation. One of the wierdest is about long-period "echos" in which radio operators hear their own signals coming back to them fifteen to thirty seconds after they've transmitted. Now, EME (Earth-Moon-Earth) transmissions take 1 1/2 seconds round trip, and are pretty much limited to VHF and UHF radio frequencies. So for a HF (High Frequency) radio signal to take 30 seconds to return means that it has taken TWENTY TIMES the distance from the earth to the moon (total distance travelled).

A ham radio friend who was a plasma physics Ph. D. said that the current theory involved a magnetic field around the earth, which extended many many miles into space, and essentially "ducted" the radio signal for the entire distance.

I am suggesting that such an instance can explain how the signal got into your friend's radios. The US didn't use the M60 back then, but there was (and likely, are) many other countries that do so. Might also have been some commando unit or some merc unit that got into trouble.

Since you were also just "putting the unit into the rack," it suggests that the situation happened at dusk or very nearly dusk. There's another radio phenomenon called "Grey-line propagation," in which a radio signal originating at a given latitude will travel along the terminator (the separation between day and night) and be heard at exactly the same latitude but on the other side of the equator.

Or it may be ghosts. Who knows.

eta The opposite side of the equator from Afghanistan is smack in the middle of the Indian Ocean, so that theory is a wash.

Fascinating.

That's what I love about ARFCOM.  A creepy thread can suddenly turn into a fascinating discussion of wave propagation theory.

Great info, thanks.

ETA: Wasn't there some sci-fi/horror film a few years back about someone who was receiving radio signals from 20 years ago?

I would guess you're thinking about R-Point, a Korean ghost/horror movie that started with them receiving radio calls for help from a platoon that had missing for three years.

The movie I was thinking about was FREQUENCY.

However, I did see R-POINT quite recently, except they had re-named it as something else (I don't remember what now).

That was a cool movie too.

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By pepperbelly:

You're welcome.

There aren't any doors on them yet. I took them off to put up rack systems a month ago and have gotten side tracked. But my Dag sleeps on that side of the bed so at least I will have some warning.

Ed

ps; Elvis the dag ran off into the storm so i had to get my tactical light to search for him. the property is fenced so he can't get out but there are a lot of flower beds and such he likes to hide in if he gets scared. it took about ten minutes and even with my best umbrella i was soaked. plus i had to get Elvis's ears dried and clean because he has an ear infection in both.

Sorry i did not get back on the thread and left you to think that Casper got me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I temporarily relocated to Pittsburgh PA, and was in an apartment building converted from a 1920's motel.  I would sit on the living room couch and catch silver and gold outlines move up and down the small hallway in the corner of my eye. Never thought much of it until I was playing a game on my laptop on said couch with a free standing lamp beside me, and the hallway light on and they both went off within a split second of each other. Figured I had some electrical issue of some sort being such a rundown building, got up and both the lamp's rotating switch, and the hallway light switch were in the off position.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#19]
There has been a few times I have been startled awake by something screaming in my face and when I open up my eyes quickly and I can see faint facial features because whatever it is seems to get right up in my face to do so.

Well my Grandma's health has deteriorated to the point where we don't know how long we have with her, shes starting to show signs of dementia and memory loss. A few weeks ago she hollered out at night like she was being startled and I heard Grandpa ask her "whats wrong honey?" she told him that she has seen a man in their room that he should get up and check to see if the doors and windows are locked down that the man ran up and got in her face and screamed.

Yesterday she fell in the bathroom and claimed something grabbed her and threw her down.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#20]

You're welcome.

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Shoot reading this thread at night when all is quiet is as bad as reading the Bigfoot thread at night. Couldn't sleep after a few pages of that.

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By M1-Ed:

You're welcome.

There aren't any doors on them yet. I took them off to put up rack systems a month ago and have gotten side tracked. But my Dag sleeps on that side of the bed so at least I will have some warning.

Ed

ps; Elvis the dag ran off into the storm so i had to get my tactical light to search for him. the property is fenced so he can't get out but there are a lot of flower beds and such he likes to hide in if he gets scared. it took about ten minutes and even with my best umbrella i was soaked. plus i had to get Elvis's ears dried and clean because he has an ear infection in both.

Sorry i did not get back on the thread and left you to think that Casper got me.

Dooood- you don't have doors on your closet? That's not good man, not good at all.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 4:20:20 AM EDT
[#23]

You're welcome.

Ed

Dooood- you don't have doors on your closet? That's not good man, not good at all.

Sorry I'm not timely in replying. Really bad headaches the last few weeks.

As for the closet thing. I used to make sure every closet door in the house was shut before I went to bed. Now only the room I'm in.

The house I live in now, my older Brother and I built for my Mom in late 08. One of my sisters was taking care of her up till last year when I moved in. The doors were off at that time for some reason. Finally got my sister kicked out of the house in June. Was stealing my Mom's meds and gambling away every dime she could get her hands on.
So I have taken the rod and shelf out of the closets and put in wire shelving. I have to get new hardware for the doors to work right. But due to my headaches I only get out about 2 maybe 3 times a month. But it saves on gas.
I did get out today a fix a broken water line for the Ex at our old house. I think that's the only house I've been in that hasn't been haunted. But I had 5 Akita's inside 25/7 so that might have helped.
Off to watch TWD.......
Ed

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I didn't make it through TWD again last night (see TWD thread). Will have to try it once more tonight.
I'd watch it downstairs. But Mom would have a coronary.
Before I watched TWD, I watched a couple of other shows than:
I heard the walking noise downstairs this morning about 3am. Went and checked it out and nothing. The strange thing is the first floor is on a concrete slab. But it was like the floor was squeaking. Like it does when I hear the noise upstairs.

I guess I will get those closet doors fixed and back on quick.
Ed

ps: i am not feeling a lot of love from the team members who provoked the spirits.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I didn't make it through TWD again last night (see TWD thread). Will have to try it once more tonight.

I heard the walking noise downstairs this morning about 3am. Went and checked it out and nothing. The strange thing is the first floor is on a concrete slab. But it was like the floor was squeaking. Like it does when I hear the noise upstairs.

Ed

ps: i am not feeling a lot of love from the team members who provoked the spirits.

love incoming. see IM.

fs

(NO, it isn't "love" like you disgusting filthy-minded brats think of it. I gave him some suggestions for treating his headaches.)

(Assholes.)

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#26]
My brother told me about some spooky shit he saw in Iraq and Afghanistan, I remember him calling home once from FOB Ramrod and telling my mom about something he saw.

I read the stories posted in here recently by the guys that were there and it made me think about what he said.

So I sent him a text asking about spooky stuff he saw, thinking maybe I could share his stories here since he doesn't get on the net much.

His response was pretty much, "I saw some weird stuff.  Shadows, not right shadows.  Little things, people like.  Those countries are very old, I don't wanna talk about it anymore."
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Maintain:
My brother told me about some spooky shit he saw in Iraq and Afghanistan, I remember him calling home once from FOB Ramrod and telling my mom about something he saw.

I read the stories posted in here recently by the guys that were there and it made me think about what he said.

So I sent him a text asking about spooky stuff he saw, thinking maybe I could share his stories here since he doesn't get on the net much.

His response was pretty much, "I saw some weird stuff.  Shadows, not right shadows.  Little things, people like.  Those countries are very old, I don't wanna talk about it anymore."

When was her there and what unit? I spent my last deployment on that FOB. Never noticed anything weird......besides dudes squatting to piss
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#28]
The story about the ambush was creepy as hell.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I just remembered this, about 7 years ago I was at my moms apartment talking to my sister on the phone, out of nowhere I hear an elderly lady's voice say in a very calm tone "My skin has now reached 78 degrees Fahrenheit." I thought it was just the TV or something, but my sister stopped cold what she was saying, and asked if I had heard it too. Creeped me the hell out, and it happened a few more times in the same apartment always when I was talking to my mom or sister on the landline, I still have no explanation for it.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Ed

Man get those doors back on, what is to keep them from watching you sleep?

11pm and I'm reading this, I swear it just got cold in here all of the sudden... fml

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Maintain:

Red Sands

It was actually a pretty sweet movie.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By Ox6603:

Ed

11pm and I'm reading this, I swear it just got cold in here all of the sudden... fml

I think they were last night.
I watched "Chernobyl Diaries"(same story, different name as 100 other films) than an old episode of "Cops" and finally finished watching "TWD". For some reason I keep forgetting most of the show as I fall asleep during it. So I fast forward through most of it till I find the part where Lori goes off on her "it's all about me" rant for 5 minutes.
After the hack job of hacking through Hershel's
So checked the house and everything is fine, Mom is asleep and I head back to bed. I turn off the light and I'm laying there for less than a minute when the foot steps across the room start. I slowly grab the Ka-Bar off the nightstand and turn my head. Freaking nothing. But the sound was right at the foot of my bed.
I roll back over and there is the sound again. This time it's a little heavier. So I rolled over fast with the knife and again squat. Elvis is sound asleep next to my pillow. But since he's Deaf he could give a shit. So I roll over again and put the knife down and forget about it.
But the doors will go back on the closets in the morning.  
Ed

ps: i don't know if i wrote this before? but there was nothing here before this place was built as far as i know?. i have lived in the area since 76 and this has all been farm land. and i used to know most of the farmers. and no one mentioned any Indian Burial Grounds or moving just the Headstones.

Link Posted: 10/18/2012 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Ed

I watched "Chernobyl Diaries"(same story, different name as 100 other films) than an old episode of "Cops" and finally finished watching "TWD". For some reason I keep forgetting most of the show as I fall asleep during it. So I fast forward through most of it till I find the part where Lori goes off on her "it's all about me" rant for 5 minutes.

So checked the house and everything is fine, Mom is asleep and I head back to bed. I turn off the light and I'm laying there for less than a minute when the foot steps across the room start. I slowly grab the Ka-Bar off the nightstand and turn my head. Freaking nothing. But the sound was right at the foot of my bed.

I roll back over and there is the sound again. This time it's a little heavier. So I rolled over fast with the knife and again squat. Elvis is sound asleep next to my pillow. But since he's Deaf he could give a shit. So I roll over again and put the knife down and forget about it.

Ed

ps: i don't know if i wrote this before? but there was nothing here before this place was built as far as i know?. i have lived in the area since 76 and this has all been farm land. and i used to know most of the farmers. and no one mentioned any Indian Burial Grounds or moving just the Headstones.

It was all farmland? Hell, it's probably some old cow grazing.

Instead of your K-Bar you need to arm yourself with what really protects you at night- a good flashlight. They are scared of the light. That's why nightlights work.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I had this happen to me about a month and a half ago.  I work in in the oil fields in west TX, and had driven to a location for a load.  It was about mid morning, 9ish or so, and no one was around.  In fact most of our AO is in the middle of nowhere, miles from anything, and the locations themselves are sometimes several miles in from the main road.  It is not uncommon to never see anyone out there, and when you do, it's usually the rancher, or a pumper driving around.

This particular day I was going about my task, hooking up to the battery (water/oil tanks) and getting a gauge on the tank level.  I had been out of the cab for only a matter of minutes, when I returned to do some paperwork.  As I opened the door, and started to climb in, I noticed a large (buzzard?) feather laying on my seat.  It hadn't been in there when I left the yard, and I'm damn sure I would have noticed sitting on it over the course of about 30 miles.  I quickly got out and scanned the area, but no one was around.  This particular location is fairly open, and with the exception of some machinery, and the water tanks I was working by, there's no cover for about 100 yards in any direction, so someone would have had to haul ass, and stay out of my line of sight.  Even with the sound of the truck idling, and the PTO running, I would have heard the door shut, so how it got there is anyone's guess.  Needless to say, I couldn't wait to unass the location.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 2:22:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Ed

Ed

It was all farmland? Hell, it's probably some old cow grazing.

Instead of your K-Bar you need to arm yourself with what really protects you at night- a good flashlight. They are scared of the light. That's why nightlights work.

Not necessarily.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 2:27:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Okay, here's something kind of creepy.

Ever seen a movie of sailors scrubbing the deck with a flat stone? Those stones are called "Holystones." For a reason.

Late at night, a ship's captain would send a party ashore in the longboat to a cemetery. They would steal a grave marker or two and return to the ship with it, so that the ship's carpenter would section it into individual pieces. The grave marker was referred to as a "Holy Stone," so they would "Holystone" the deck.

Got this from a documentary about HMS Bounty.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 2:31:48 AM EDT
[#37]

You're welcome.

Ed

I dont have doors on my closet, but its filled with clutter, bikes, and skateboards, model kits, juggling stuff, video games, clothes.

so no monsters

Its like the 40 year old virgin closet
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By popsickles:

You're welcome.

Ed

I dont have doors on my closet, but its filled with clutter, bikes, and skateboards, model kits, juggling stuff, video games, clothes.

so no monsters

No monsters, you say?

Wrong!  Your closet monsters are sniffing the glue from your model kits.  They'll be out once they run out of glue and sober up.

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

You're welcome.

Ed

so no monsters

No monsters, you say?

Wrong!  Your closet monsters are sniffing the glue from your model kits.  They'll be out once they run out of glue and sober up.

It's a common error. People who keep their closets full don't understand that that is the cause of the monsters moving under the bed.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#40]
There have been stories of radio waves bouncing around from WW2 all the way up. Not going to happen. If it was heard on the radio it's due to something else and not becasue it was transmitted out in 1968 or 1978 and floating around till picked up by the other radios.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attenuation
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

You're welcome.

Ed

so no monsters

No monsters, you say?

It's a common error. People who keep their closets full don't understand that that is the cause of the monsters moving under the bed.

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Ever seen a movie of sailors scrubbing the deck with a flat stone? Those stones are called "Holystones." For a reason.

Late at night, a ship's captain would send a party ashore in the longboat to a cemetery. They would steal a grave marker or two and return to the ship with it, so that the ship's carpenter would section it into individual pieces. The grave marker was referred to as a "Holy Stone," so they would "Holystone" the deck.

They may have gotten their facts wrong. Most of the stones used for markers are too smooth for scouring.

I've always heard they called it holy stoning because you have to get down on your knees, as if in prayer. They called the stones bibles, because they were approximately the same size as the ship's bible.

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#43]
I have quite a few.  I dated a girl all through High School and her dad was one creepy dude.  He was into the occult, talking to the dead or trying to anyway. Had a library full of books about the dead, spirits, ghost's and whatnot.  Her mother would tell me stories of when they lived in a different house in Va Beach.  Like the time when my girlfriend was a newborn and her mom woke up to a baby crying....a couple of different times. Full bore, I'm hungry come change me crying. She would walk into the room and her daughter would be dead asleep.  The crucifix on the wall that liked to come off every so often on it's own.....as in fly off the wall, own.

Well, they moved some years later to a secluded house out in the Deep Creek section of Chesapeake and that's when I met this girl.  I was over there all the time. Her Dad was never around and her mom worked  two jobs so we were there a lot by ourselves. She would tell me stories of hearing and seeing things ( a man sitting at the foot of her bed at night) at the house. I just laughed at her and told her she was making it up.  She wasn't. On a regular basis, I would say 50-70% of the time I was over there, someone was walking around upstairs.  Someone would knock on her window at night.  It was a second story window and the nearest trees to the house were 70 ft away.

After her parents divorced, she and her mother moved out, it all stopped after that.  I truly believe that man was doing some spooky things and attracting some other worldly attention to the house.

Me?  I saw a shadow person when I was 12. I was home alone doing math homework while my parents were at choir practice.  I looked up and saw a man like figure in the door frame to the dining room  He was as tall as the frame and wore a duster with a brimmed hat.  nothing was said or motioned.  His face was unrecognizable as in very vague features to what a human's would be.  He was there for about 3 seconds and gone. I was terrified to the point of not being able to speak or move for a little bit. I could hear my heart beating. I was in full panic/crying mode by the time my parents returned.  I could not process what was going on.

Years later I was a cook in Downtown Norfolk VA at a Place called Freemason Abbey.  It's a very old building/church that was converted into a nice restaurant.  Well, in the back they have two coolers side by side. One is a cooler and the other a freezer, both are walk ins.  I walked into the cooler to get my veggies to make my base for my soups.  As I walked out, the freezer door FLEW open and hit the back wall and then shut.  I was like, WTH and opened the cooler door, no one inside.  I walked back to the line and asked the head chef and fry guy if they went into the freezer for anything, they had not.  The cleaning guy and the manager were the only other two people in the building.  Needless to say, color left my face.  I was then informed that the building was haunted.  He pulled pranks and would push people down the stairs used by the wait staff.  I had a bottle of Cheri fly off my station one day and land 3 ft away.....I quit that job.

My Dad worked at Ft. Monroe for about 20 years. He had a few good ones leather soled footsteps in an empty building and phonographs playing at 0530 in the morning. My Mother has worked at the Norfolk Naval base since I was a small child....she doesn't even try to pretend that her building isn't haunted.  The basement was used as a morgue.  Several people have seen sailors in WWII cracker jack uniforms.....  
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Love this thread! Keep it goin!
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#45]
When i lived in CA we used to go camping in a place caled Portal Fourbay. It was a resevouir way up in the mountains past huntington lake in the hydro electric project.

Sitting around the fire in my boxer shorts, getting ready for bed, three Hmongs who were poaching trout came out of the woods right up onto camp out of nowhere. Said something in Hmong. Startled the shit out of me. Almost went all Patriot on them with my camping hatchet. I probally scared them more than i was by my reaction, but they startled the shit out of me. Didnt have a pistol at the time as i was like 16.

Not really creepy, but the only time i have ever really been scared or startled in the woods.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 2:05:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ArmyAirborne:

They may have gotten their facts wrong. Most of the stones used for markers are too smooth for scouring.
I've always heard they called it holy stoning because you have to get down on your knees, as if in prayer. They called the stones bibles, because they were approximately the same size as the ship's bible.

That's why they put sand under the stones.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Has anyone heard any bumps in the night lately?
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Sleepy1988:

Only from the couple next door.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By Sleepy1988:

These threads always die off this time of year for some reason.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top