Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/18/2006 11:48:03 AM EDT
Inspired by this thread, I've got to wonder how many guys out there are afraid to talk to / approach women they are interested in.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Now that I am married, yes, I am terrified of my wife.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Which is why you live hundreds of miles away from her, right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the wife would likely not appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd definitely say that those of us who are married significantly fear the consequences of asking a woman out!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it is easier if you truly knew she was single...instead of asking her out and then she tells you she has a bf or it could be a lie too cause your fat and ugly
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I gave always been kinda dorky about approaching and talking to women. Made things really difficult when I was single. Now that I don't have a chance in hell of getting any (I will NOT cheat on my wife), I can talk to just about any woman I run across, and they'll even approach me. I can run my mouth like there's no tomorow.

Sometimes, life's just not fair.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1  Mine is a helluva shot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#8]
With some girls I get real tongue tied.

For others, my pimp hand remains strong

I wish I could figure out why that is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Every time I meet a girl I kind of like, or one that seems interested in me, I remember how miserable every girlfriend I have ever had made me, and how I have ALWAYS 100% of the time wished I had never asked them out in the first place.  

I also think about how virtually every guy I know regrets getting married in the first place.

Lastly, I think about how spending money on her will cut into my ammo budget.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Hell no, I aint afraid to look a girl in the eye.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I am single again and really have no clue,and booze only results in me making an ass out of myself.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#13]
it's easy, when they walk up to my car and say "hey babe, wanna party?"  I just say sure, then when I give them the $50 bill I say "get the fuck out" and they leave.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#14]
What do I need girls for?  I have a modem and Bangbus Mia.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, but you just do it.

Nothing worth having comes easy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#16]
The fear of my wife finding out is what scares the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
it's easy, when they walk up to my car and say "hey babe, wanna party?"  I just say sure, then when I give them the $50 bill I say "get the fuck out" and they leave.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I used to be terrible, I'd stutter, get hot and sweaty, basically forget my name, etc., but working in advertising has cured that.

I work with some hotties. Good thing I'm married to one too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I am married right now, but if I was single, I would be very hesitant about starting another relationship.

It just seems like a scary jump.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I gave always been kinda dorky about approaching and talking to women. Made things really difficult when I was single. Now that I don't have a chance in hell of getting any (I will NOT cheat on my wife), I can talk to just about any woman I run across, and they'll even approach me. I can run my mouth like there's no tomorow.

Sometimes, life's just not fair.

When you're married it's easier because you just don't care what they think about you. So you can talk, smile, whatever and have a safety net - there's no real risk of failure and a lot less pressure.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
With some girls I get real tongue tied.

For others, my pimp hand remains strong

I wish I could figure out why that is.

If you're like me, the difference is all about whether you give a damn about what they think of you or not.

Girls that I meet casually and hang out with, I am not shy around. A chick that I like and would like to date......turns me into a tongue tied stutterer with a red face and shaking hands.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I have only been toung tied over a woman once and I wasn't even trying to ask her out.  She came in to interview for a CAD position I was trying to fill at the time.  When I walked into to the reception area, I was stunned by the woman standing there.  It was difficult for me to make it through the interview in compete sentences.   This memory will stick with me forever BC I was shocked at how she tripped me up.

She did really well in the verbal portion of the interview but (thank god) she didn't do well on the CAD test.  My dept. wouldn't have achieved anything with her working here (mostly males).  She was absolutely beautiful.

Edited BC I can't spell while thinking about her.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#23]
The wife really frowns on this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I was.  It's a miracle I actually managed to meet my wife.  Very shy and quiet, and zero self-esteem when it came to women.  I felt I was bothering them just by talking to them, and that's not much of an exaggeration.  I think I managed to work up the courage to ask someone out about three times in my entire life.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I used to be terrible, I'd stutter, get hot and sweaty, basically forget my name, etc., but working in advertising has cured that.

thats's the way it was back in highschool...  but then i ended up in a job that forced me to approach a lot of very attractive females.  it helped a lot.

another thing that helped was something a friend told me:  "just don't give a shit what other people think of you".  for some reason, it really stuck.  if you ask someone and they say no, who cares?  what's the big deal?  just move on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Terrified.

Not nearly as bad as in the past, though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but they look at me funny when I ask if the perfume they are wearing in Hoppes No. 9...

I just cant figure it out...
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I liked my uncles system,he would just ask for it straight up,sometimes he got slapped,sometimes he went home with them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Alot of times I get a loss of words and end up just walking away because i'm not all that good looking and will get shot down.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#30]
only when i haven't been drinking.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats's the way it was back in highschool...  but then i ended up in a job that forced me to approach a lot of very attractive females.  it helped a lot.

another thing that helped was something a friend told me:  "just don't give a shit what other people think of you".  for some reason, it really stuck.  if you ask someone and they say no, who cares?  what's the big deal?  just move on.

That's the only way I can get through presenting anything for business. "You're all idiots, and only I know what the !@#$ I am doing, so lissen up!" (the trick is not letting that come through in my speech!)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The wife really frowns on this.

When your wife stops frowning on it, then you should worry.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#34]
 I only "date" women if I  know them as friends first - so no, I'm not terrified. The whole "dating" concept is usually bound for failure anyway. Especially those with the stupid MTV "winner" mindset of picking up their  future wife drunk at a bar.

I easily talk to a woman if she actually interests me - not because of some lame "hot or not" criteria established by morons.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I have no problem talking with women.  I make them laugh, I make them admire my intelligence and confidence.  But I can't approach women, because I'm extremely ugly.  The only way for me to meet them is for it to happen naturally.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Up until college I used to be very nervous around girls I was attracted to.  Then overnight during my Junior year something clicked and I learned to just not care.  If they were interested great, if not, who cares?  Consequently that's when I started getting a decent amount of play as well.  Coincidence, I think not.  

Nowadays if I'm interested I usually let them know up front.  If they aren't interested in a date, usually it's see you later, unless they have something else to offer, ie- cute/cool lady friends.  If they aren't interested and have no lady friends, they are about as useful as a pipe-swinging dude.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I never have a problem talking with them after they're in the pit and I tell'em to put the lotion on its skin. Its the "Getting them in the pit" part I'm having a problem with.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  Mine is a helluva shot.

Mine too

kinda makes you wonder why we taught them how to shoot in the first place....
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I just go straight to asking them for sex.  Then if they're good at it, I take them out for dinner to keep their energy level up.

This avoids any misunderstanding about our relationship.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
 I only "date" women if I  know them as friends first - so no, I'm not terrified. The whole "dating" concept is usually bound for failure anyway. Especially those with the stupid MTV "winner" mindset of picking up their  future wife drunk at a bar.

I easily talk to a woman if she actually interests me - not because of some lame "hot or not" criteria established by morons.

It is way easier now to talk with hot women since being married.  My wife is hot, my best-friend, and I have the attitude 'IDon't care how hot you are, you have no chance.'  when talking to women. Amazing how it feels with the shoe on the other foot.  It actually is a turn on for women, I get hit on all the time now when I am somewhere without the wife
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#41]
So far the secret seems to be:
1. Be confident / don't care
2. Be married
3. Don't be ugly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes.

I like living in my house, with its ice maker and hot showers and airconditioning.

When I was single, I was fearless - I figured out that I wasn't going to die if wimminz said "No!".
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#43]
I am terrified to just start talking to a girl.  There is this drive up coffee place in my town with a beautiful girl working there.  I go there probably everyday thinking "This is the day I will talk to her," but never have the balls to start a conversation.  I am spending alot of money on crappy coffee.  

All of my past relationships have been with friends or sisters of friends, so I don't have any experience picking up women.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
2. Be married
3. Don't be ugly.

I see the hottest women with guys i consider to be ugly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2. Be married
3. Don't be ugly.

I see the hottest women with guys i consider to be ugly.

But 'ugly' is more of a factor for the guy being afraid of approaching women
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#46]
when it comes to talking to chicks I'm a big pussy. Sometimes I'll be in a wierd mood and I can pull it off sober, but for the most part I have to be drunk to be able to keep my nerves
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Not afraid at all... just keep my head level, and realize THERES NOTHING TO LOSE. Makes it real easy thinking like that

Doesn't change the fact I know nothing about women though
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#48]
No, but my wife gets really pissed when I do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Not afraid at all... just keep my head level, and realize THERES NOTHING TO LOSE. Makes it real easy thinking like that

Doesn't change the fact I know nothing about women though

What do you need to know???

Rule #1: Women tend to be driven by their insecurities
Rule #2: All women are crazy in their own way.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#50]
It seems that most women like assholes.

Maybe I should start being an asshole and see where it takes me. Can't end up any worst than I am now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top