Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/12/2013 11:20:14 AM EDT
Look RMGO (Rocky Mountain Gun Owners) interfered with several recalls in Colorado. They tried to take credit for the idea early in the process (Durango Herald) and offered to run the Morse recall (State Senator Own Hill showed up at a meting with an offer).  They were told no thank you. Far more to the story......

But now they are trying to take credit for the recalls. Hundreds of locals in all the recalls helped make these recalls happen, the credit belongs to them. I was honored to serve as the President of the group that recalled Morse (a small cog in a big wheel ) and assist my brothers to the South recalling Giron any way I personally could.

In the 2nd attempt to recall Hudak RMGO ran the day to day campaign, great on them. They do not get to take credit for all of the recalls and why we warned the Hudak people away from RMGO. We knew RMGO would then step up and take credit for all of the recalls. Bingo! See story below.

http://www.npr.org/2013/12/11/250239343/after-fight-over-colo-gun-laws-two-sides-as-dug-in-as-ever

Edit: Hot link removed
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#1]
We all know ARFCOM Members deserve the credit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Surprise, surprise.

Dudley's ego couldn't handle that.

They deserve credit for helping with Hudak, you're right.  That's a big step.  But they were not involved in Morse, as you mentioned.  In fact, weren't we told that recalls weren't a good idea?  That we should give up?  That since our political experience could be "measured on an egg timer" that we were going to "harm the 2A in Colorado"?  I believe all of that came from Dudley and RMGO. (and when I say "I believe" I mean "yep, all of that came from Dudley")
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#3]
FDB
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surprise, surprise.

They deserve credit for helping with Hudak, you're right.  That's a big step.  But they were not involved in Morse, as you mentioned.  In fact, weren't we told that recalls weren't a good idea?  That we should give up?  That since our political experience could be "measured on an egg timer" that we were going to "harm the 2A in Colorado"?  I believe all of that came from Dudley and RMGO. (and when I say "I believe" I mean "yep, all of that came from Dudley")
View Quote

So, they deserve credit for the one failed recall effort?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We all know ARFCOM Members deserve the credit.
View Quote

Ya I sent money where'd they put my name in that article.... Don't worry op people suck and will do anything for a bit of the limelight. Good on you guys for kicking them out you should be proud. By the way  I'm looking to start and underground railroad of sorts for my Colorado neighbors if you need anything let me know

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#6]
in for shit slinging at Dudley Brown
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surprise, surprise.

In fairness, the 2nd recall attempt against Hudak succeeded (through her resignation, not a recall election).  RMGO was involved in that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
in for shit slining at Dudley Brown
View Quote

He deserves it. He came on and made an ass of himself on arfcom and then ran off. Dishonest coward.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#9]
No surprise that Dudley would do absolutely anything to keep the money pouring in and retain power. Sounds similar to that guy John Morse we recalled. Too bad no one voted for Dudley or we could recall him too.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He deserves it. He came on and made an ass of himself on arfcom and then ran off. Dishonest coward.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Er, when was that?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Surprise, surprise.

View Quote

We still need to send him an autographed egg timer
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

In fairness, the 2nd recall attempt against Hudak succeeded (through her resignation, not a recall election).  RMGO was involved in that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surprise, surprise.

Had the first one against her not fucked up, she likely would have gone down with her two colleagues.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#13]
FDB
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Er, when was that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Er, when was that?

Not sure what page, but he's in this thread
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Er, when was that?

Oh okay, thanks. I remember that now.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Who are the ARFCOM folks that did this?  I've always been curious.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Off the top of my head? SCDonttreadonme, KeithC, Andrasik, FaucetFace, James77257, and several others
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#18]
FUCK DUDLEY BROWN

I know you're reading this, Dudley, you sniveling little cunt hair.  You can't resist.  Fuck you and the rainbow-shitting unicorn you rode in on.

You're next, asshole.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't think NPR should be hotlinked...other'n that, good call out on RMGO fraud/douchebaggery.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Off the top of my head? SCDonttreadonme, KeithC, Andrasik, FaucetFace, James77257, and several others
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reptarhead was very involved as well.
Those members listed gave up ALOT in order to make those recalls happen, and they should absolutely be remembered for it and their herculean efforts acknowledged.

Hats off to all of those who struggled and made it happen.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Those members listed gave up ALOT in order to make those recalls happen, and they should absolutely be remembered for it and their herculean efforts acknowledged.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those that Undefined listed worked on the Morse recall.

reptarhead and 82nd_Sapper were the bigwigs behind the Giron recall.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to leave them off - I'm a Tennessean trying to list off names from memory.... I've killed a lot of the brain cells that held that information since the recalls took place.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surprise, surprise.

Only a semi-fail. Sure the Dems are still in power, but Hudak is gone and you have to think the Dems won't touch gun control in the statehouse in 2014. And even Sen. Udall nor Gov. Hickenlooper are pushing gun control either in an election year.

#walkingoneggshells
#fearofgodforliberals
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you to all of you.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Surprise, surprise.

View Quote
This

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Screw Dudley Brown. I remember that guy's asshole tone on the phone call during the first meeting for the Morse recall. He's a fucking dick and I tell everyone I know about him.

He told us again and again that we shouldn't do this and won't succeed... we proved him wrong. It took 7 months of my life, and the stress involved with that and working 120 hour weeks at the same time has caused me some major health issues, but it was all fucking worth it to recall that asshole. The words Dudley says are a smack in the face to everyone that ACTUALLY worked on Morse and Giron. We all know who we are.

Go to hell Dudley.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#27]
What does he look like ? Does he ever show up at the shows? I remember the time former Professor Ward Churchill was shouted out of a Tanner show a few yrs ago....
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
FDB
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Sent to NPR now:

"I recently read Kirk Siegler's piece on the Colorado recalls (http://www.npr.org/2013/12/11/250239343/after-fight-over-colo-gun-laws-two-sides-as-dug-in-as-ever) and was surprised to read the line "Joe Neville heads up political organizing for the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, the group that led the Morse recall effort."  This is entirely untrue.

The Morse recall effort was run by the Basic Freedom Defense Fund through their 527 group the El Paso Freedom Defense Committee (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_recall_election,_2013).  Not only was RMGO uninvolved in the recall of Morse, their President, Dudley Brown, was dismissive of the effort and of the fledgling "BFDF".  RMGO was, however, deeply involved in the attempted recall effort against Evie Hudak, short-circuited by her resignation.

Please let me know if any further information is required for a correction."

It would be nice if we could all just fucking grow up and just fight the people attempting to steal our rights instead of trying to scramble for credit and profit like a pack of fucking spoiled children.  That kind of "me-me-me" bullshit is what left Colorado weak enough to attack to begin with.  You know who recalled Morse?  The people of Colorado Senate District 11, that's who.  We organized a committee and raised the alarm but the people came out to defend their rights at the ballot box.  I'm too tired to be diplomatic and polite this time.  Fuck anyone who's in this for attention and money instead of helping Coloradans retain their own rights.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Er, when was that?

Yeah, COCKBREATH!!!!!1!!!1!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgebench, and Diesel24 too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#32]
That cocksucker tried attacking one of our reps in FL too.

He is now attacking Rep. Matt Gaetz by making a claim that is completely false.

Brown said:  "Rep. Matt Gaetz admitted he might be willing to let the anti-gunners have their way!"

Folks, Matt Gaetz never said any such thing.  That statement was made up out of thin air.

Dudley Brown doesn't want you to know is that Matt Gaetz actually said in that news article.

Matt Gaetz really said :

“I don’t support changing one damn comma of the stand your ground law,” Gaetz said Friday. “It would be reactionary and dangerous to make Floridians less safe to pacify uninformed protesters.”
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I couldn't remember those screennames.  I'm awful with that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Brown said:  "Rep. Matt Gaetz admitted he might be willing to let the anti-gunners have their way!"

Folks, Matt Gaetz never said any such thing.  That statement was made up out of thin air.

Dudley Brown doesn't want you to know is that Matt Gaetz actually said in that news article.

Matt Gaetz really said :

“I don’t support changing one damn comma of the stand your ground law,” Gaetz said Friday. “It would be reactionary and dangerous to make Floridians less safe to pacify uninformed protesters.”
View Quote

Dudley Brown has a problem in that if you don't agree with him in 100% lockstep, you're an enemy.  Even if you agree on 80%, you're not to be trusted.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#35]
well, surprise.

we know who deserves the credit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Dudley Brown has a problem in that if you don't agree with him in 100% lockstep, you're an enemy.  Even if you agree on 80%, you're not to be trusted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Matt Gaetz really said :

"I don’t support changing one damn comma of the stand your ground law,” Gaetz said Friday. "It would be reactionary and dangerous to make Floridians less safe to pacify uninformed protesters.”

Sounds like a Grade A asshole of an attention whore.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Matt Gaetz really said :

"I don’t support changing one damn comma of the stand your ground law,” Gaetz said Friday. "It would be reactionary and dangerous to make Floridians less safe to pacify uninformed protesters.”

He's a liar and a scam artist too. He likes to promise he can save the world, but he needs your money first.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He's a liar and a scam artist too. He likes to promise he can save the world, but he needs your money first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Matt Gaetz really said :

He can't tell you why, though, as the law prohibits it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#39]
That's a shame.  Had hoped for more, but expected pretty much this, after RMGO's involvement in the Hudak recall.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Bump 'cause he's an asshole.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

FDB
View Quote
He's a turd cutter.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Isnt he the face of a couple of groups.  Between the two he gets paid 150,000 plus a year I read.  Pretty tough gig.  He has to do a lot of fundraising just to pay his own salary.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:09:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surprise, surprise.

Yep, what Andrasik said.  There were enough signatures and Evie knew she was in trouble.  At least 12% of the signatures I collected were from registered Ds.  It's anecdotal evidence, but several other signature gatherers told me that they had similar results.  I had a very statistically significant sample population, too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No surprise that Dudley would do absolutely anything to keep the money pouring in and retain power. Sounds similar to that guy John Morse we recalled. Too bad no one voted for Dudley or we could recall him too.

View Quote

Too bad that Ryan Call's position in the CO R Party isn't subject to a recall, either.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sent to NPR now:

"I recently read Kirk Siegler's piece on the Colorado recalls (http://www.npr.org/2013/12/11/250239343/after-fight-over-colo-gun-laws-two-sides-as-dug-in-as-ever) and was surprised to read the line "Joe Neville heads up political organizing for the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, the group that led the Morse recall effort."  This is entirely untrue.

The Morse recall effort was run by the Basic Freedom Defense Fund through their 527 group the El Paso Freedom Defense Committee (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_recall_election,_2013).  Not only was RMGO uninvolved in the recall of Morse, their President, Dudley Brown, was dismissive of the effort and of the fledgling "BFDF".  RMGO was, however, deeply involved in the attempted recall effort against Evie Hudak, short-circuited by her resignation.

Please let me know if any further information is required for a correction."

It would be nice if we could all just fucking grow up and just fight the people attempting to steal our rights instead of trying to scramble for credit and profit like a pack of fucking spoiled children.  That kind of "me-me-me" bullshit is what left Colorado weak enough to attack to begin with.  You know who recalled Morse?  The people of Colorado Senate District 11, that's who.  We organized a committee and raised the alarm but the people came out to defend their rights at the ballot box.  I'm too tired to be diplomatic and polite this time.  Fuck anyone who's in this for attention and money instead of helping Coloradans retain their own rights.
View Quote

Amen, Brother Keith.  People who signed the petitions and voted rightfully thanked organizers and volunteers in these efforts.  However, these same people who actually pulled into the petition and polling locations, and signed and voted also deserve credit for getting off their asses. The people from outside these districts and out of state who sent $$$ also were key (shit ain't free).  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:22:03 AM EDT
[#47]

To the grass roots ARFCOMers and others that did the recalls - A HUGE thank you

To those taking credit for things they did not do - SHAME on you

We all need to fight together. This is far too important for self aggrandizing behavior. I would love to see the NRA and RMGO apologize and get on board. But apparently their ego's are bigger than their
true belief in the fight for the 2nd amendment. They may say they believe in the fight for freedom but in reality its ego first, 2nd amendment second.

Man up Dudley. Say you were wrong and get on board. We need every available fighter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:27:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Fuck that guy for taking credit for yall's work. what an A-hole.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#49]
I got this email a couple of days ago.  

I'm not in CO, and had a WTF about this.

Dear 338winmag,

Evie Hudak is no longer a state senator and the credit for the victory lies in your hands.

Our freedom was forged in sacrifice. You chose to fight with us, and because of that we won -- and for that I will always owe you a debt of gratitude.

You gave us material support by donating, making phone calls, manning drive and signs, helping in the office and by knocking on doors.

The truth is that for a long time I was overwhelmed with fear over the impending fate of this country I love so much.

I saw others throw their hands up in disgust at the naysayers and moderate groups who were always quick to throw in the towel and let the left win.

For a long time, I felt like the best I could do was to support a long established, entrenched, institutional gun group and the state Republican Party.

I hoped tyranny would never come home to Colorado, and then one day it did –- and the people I believed I could trust told me to take it lying down, that now wasn’t the time to fight and that we couldn’t win.

I prayed they were wrong and now we know they were.

The truth is that the grassroots are the life-blood of this country and they won’t be silenced to make life easier for the establishment.

When properly equipped and organized, the grassroots will win every time.

The lines have now been drawn and I have never seen our path to victory more clearly, or those who can be trusted to help us in that fight.

When the decision was made that Evie Hudak was too much of a threat to remain in office, and the establishment turned their back on recalling Hudak, only one group had the courage and conviction to stand and fight.

That group was Rocky Mountain Gun Owners.

This is why I’m hoping I can count on you to join me in supporting Rocky Mountain Gun Owners with a contribution to help them refuel for the next battle.

You see, Rocky Mountain Gun Owners immediately diverted resources to our campaign, putting boots on the ground each and every day, leading us into battle, and that wasn’t cheap.

They supported us unconditionally and never asked for a thing in return.

They told me “we have a mandate from our membership to take out anti-gun politicians by any means necessary and to repeal all anti-gun laws in Colorado.”

The Colorado Legislature has taken a swipe at our Second Amendment rights.

Now, the natural continuation of this fight is to make each and every one of them pay dearly for their mistake, and I know it can be done.

I know we share this same common goal with Rocky Mountain Gun Owners and that is why I hope you will join me in supporting these patriots with a contribution of $500, $250, or $100 to help them rebuild.

If you’re like me and want to see Colorado return to the path of liberty and prosperity, I’m sure you’ll agree we need to make sure organizations like Rocky Mountain Gun Owners continue to be a force for freedom.

So if $100 is too much even chipping in $25 or $50 will help them recharge for the next battle.

Once again, it was truly an honor standing side by side with you during the Recall Hudak Campaign and I look forward to sharing in future victories with you.

Until then, let’s make sure the organization that was there for us knows that we are here to support them.

Can they count on your support?

What do you think of this?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Isnt he the face of a couple of groups.  Between the two he gets paid 150,000 plus a year I read.  Pretty tough gig.  He has to do a lot of fundraising just to pay his own salary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I could only find a copy of the 2010 990 for NAGR showing $33K in compensation and a copy of the 2009 990 for RMGO showing $43K in compensation. Now if that is all he's receiving AND he was actually doing something for gun-owners, then I'd have no problems. However, after coming here after being called out, being a d-bag, and then ignoring pointed questions as to his group's actual activities, all I can say is fuck you Dudley.

However, I found this interesting.
?Rocky Mountain Gun Owners is not currently registered with the IRS.

Because this organization failed to file a Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-N, or 990-PF for 3 consecutive years, its exempt status has been automatically revoked by the IRS.

The above was confirmed via the IRS website found here. Though the website does indicate that this may not be the most current info. Someone with a bit more time (I'm going on a conference call right now) could call the IRS at (877) 829-5500  and ask about the status of TIN 84-1368137.

It's funny, I ended up behind an SUV yesterday that had an NRA sticker on the right side of the rear window and an NAGR sticker on the left. I was tempted to flag them down to inform them that NAGR is a scam, but it was an older lady and I didn't want to scare her trying to get her to roll her windows down and shit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top