Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1816 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:10:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ludder093:
how does a Dolphin kill a diver? or does it just alert the position to it's handler?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elWHlZI5wSA

H I Sutton talking about weaponized marine mammals.

None of his famous cutaway images are used in this video.

At around 14 minutes in he describes the intercept protocol for divers. Being killed by a dolphin and its handlers sounds like an incredibly humiliating death.
how does a Dolphin kill a diver? or does it just alert the position to it's handler?

As they say in the video. The intercept procedure is that the dolphin swims up behind the diver and attaches a device to the divers back that inflates a buoy and drags the diver up to the surface. Where the Dolphins handlers huck a grenade in the divers face.

A dolphin could easily be trained to kill the diver directly. But apparently this is not done because of the risk of the dolphin killing friendlies. Some poor guy assigned to do an underwater inspection swimming along. The dolphin doesn't know that he's supposed to be there, blammo!
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By OD-Man:

Scratch a Ukrainiac and you'll find a fascist.....
View Quote

Scratch a Russian apologist and you'll find a communist....

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:24:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Except sharing a border with China sounds like probably the worst thing we could ever do. Especially with the way our wonderful government manages borders.
View Quote

Still we have a claim to that land. If Pooty Poots logic continues we should be annexing Siberia as part of our Ethnic homeland
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

That is a scary video.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

It’s relevant to the thread, as it’s the reality of combat in Ukraine and we are all learning something from how civilians are deploying the technology.  

This short film really is the future.  Firearms will soon be obsolete for warfare. (Not personal protection.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-2tpwW0kmU

That is a scary video.

It’s terrifying.  And we really aren’t that far off from making it a reality.  Aside from the facial recognition aspect, the rest is doable right now as a hunter/seeker flying grenade. Just have cameras and thermal that lets it go after people. With a 10 minute flight time, a swarm could find and kill everyone in a given area in no time, while being launched from miles away.  Too small and fast to counter.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#6]

It’s terrifying.  And we really aren’t that far off from making it a reality.  Aside from the facial recognition aspect, the rest is doable right now as a hunter/seeker flying grenade. Just have cameras and thermal that lets it go after people. With a 10 minute flight time, a swarm could find and kill everyone in a given area in no time, while being launched from miles away.  Too small and fast to counter.
View All Quotes

It’s relevant to the thread, as it’s the reality of combat in Ukraine and we are all learning something from how civilians are deploying the technology.  

This short film really is the future.  Firearms will soon be obsolete for warfare. (Not personal protection.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-2tpwW0kmU

That is a scary video.

Of course its terrifying and yet people still think that those weapons wouldn't be used against Americans, only the BAD GUYS.  Thats a targeted WMD without a doubt and they are fielding this in cluster bombs as we speak.

Find out how a CBU105 works and then make it a drone.  These baby munitions can penetrate tank armor spinning around on a cluster bomb and target a particular vehicle, that was done back in 2003.  Now give it 2022 level computing and wings to fly away and it could target and destroy anyone or everyonce that was in its intelligence workup such as military members, fighting aged males, males, anyone over 10, or just anyone that supports a party or has a 4473 on file.  

This shit and other shit like the Disinformation Office of the DHS should bother people just like the Patriot Act shit of 20 years ago when we didnt care about the rights we gave away going after terrorists (and back then I didnt care so Im not special).
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:42:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Sakhalin , Russia. Seems to be a power plant burning badly.

https://twitter.com/spook_info/status/1520246180697231360?s=21&t=lXN278pnhuVWhrqO5OCOiw
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#8]
@et_slowpoke

First and only thing I am going to say to you. Maybe you're bored, maybe you're just...slow...but:

Stop relying on the interest and knowledge of people in this thread to scratch whatever indescribable pseudo-intellectual itch you have. Are you lonely?

Maybe get a parakeet for someone to talk to, or start haunting your local public library. They will have plenty of free issues of all the major publications to evaluate for yourself, and they can probably tell you how to view a licensed subscription to Jane's, or Foreign Policy, or whatever.

ARF in general, and GD, and this thread in particular, is not a retirement home. We are, admittedly, about 2 steps above a NYC street corner, but that standard erodes by the day, so don't hang your hat on it.

However, people who have spent some or all of their professional lives developing and fielding the best ORC KILLING technologies have deigned to make some quality posts in this thread.

But you're dumb. And lazy. And immediately boring.

Do some reading on your own and try again later. Or never, that would be fine too.

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:59:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/5E5D4E98-BFF4-47CB-AC45-1547D51FCDF8-2366826.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eesmith:

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/5E5D4E98-BFF4-47CB-AC45-1547D51FCDF8-2366826.jpg

Lol...that's me.

I got called a natzi a few years ago. I casually mentioned that the person was lucky my oven was broken at that time.

People don't know how to deal with you when you embrace the name calling....

I misspelled asshole on purpose.

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
It doesn't do any good. Its a culture that is allowed to grow and spread. That culture is taking full root in GD and since there are no real rules on being decent there is nothing to report. They are very good at not violating but excel at instigating. I hope you understand I'm not blaming all mods and staff just the ones that set the policy that allow these thing to continue.
View Quote

Very well put. You seem like a good man Ben, as do most in this thread. Once this thread dwindles (I hope for Ukraine’s sake it’s soon) I’ll probably fuck off and never come back, GD has gone from a funny shit show to a vile one. Selective enforcement of the COC for too long ran off a lot of decent people , and now there is no way to add to the COC “don’t be a piece of shit”.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mbinky:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mbinky:

Like I just posted...dudes lucky my oven is broken.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:42:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eesmith] [#12]
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:

Lol...that's me.

I got called a natzi a few years ago. I casually mentioned that the person was lucky my oven was broken at that time.

People don't know how to deal with you when you embrace the name calling....

I misspelled asshole on purpose.

View Quote
LOL I made the Atlantic Council naughty list:

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:06:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:22:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Daytime footage.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:31:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:46:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ecophon:

Daytime footage.
View Quote

Damn, that's way on the East coast right?!
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:09:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mancow:

View All Quotes

Daytime footage.

Basically Japan. Don't know what is happening in ru, but they seem very accident-prone in recent weeks.... Real shame that. So unlucky
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:11:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Basically Japan. Don't know what is happening in ru, but they seem very accident-prone in recent weeks.... Real shame that. So unlucky
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Daytime footage.

A travesty. I'm all broken up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:17:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Upcoming propaganda fail by orcs
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:31:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Interesting thread here. Not sure if it is just the genuine, honest, reaction of a professional serviceman, or if it is preparing the info battleground for a shift in posture/activity.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:52:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

I don't think that Putin has to worry about the Russian people overthrowing him, as the folks who oppose Putin are marginalized and many of them who have the capability to leave have fled.  I am kind of going with the article in that the senior Orcs and oligarchs are getting worried that the combination of rapid brain drain, getting your best troops and most patriotic kids ground up, getting your best military equipment wrecked, blowing up Russia's economy, destroying 30 years worth international relations/diplomacy, having Ukrainian commandos running around in Russia randomly blowing up key LOCs, and becoming a dependency of China, just might not be in Russia's best long-term interest.  Putin doesn't have to worry about the kool-aid drinkers, he has to worry about the fact that the other Orcs and oligarchs who helped mix the kool-aid aren't drinking it.
View Quote

The oligarchs and generals are losing or on the verge of losing their stuff now.  Money and bank accounts, real estate abroad, yachts, jets, and status even outside Russia.
They know they will become like serfs again if they continue on the current path.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

In the Russian system can Putin then just order the selection/round up of people and ship them to the front WWII style?

I would expect that to go down like a lead balloon in Russia as logically I would think 87% of the expressed support was just to keep under the radar of Putin's JBTs.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

In the Russian system can Putin then just order the selection/round up of people and ship them to the front WWII style?

I would expect that to go down like a lead balloon in Russia as logically I would think 87% of the expressed support was just to keep under the radar of Putin's JBTs.

Yeah, that would not end as planned
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:35:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Scratch a Ukrainiac Neo-Sovietand you'll find a fascist.....
View Quote

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By wildturkey09:

I'm finding this mortars dropped by consumer drones thing to be utterly terrifying.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wildturkey09:
Originally Posted By M-1975:

I'm finding this mortars dropped by consumer drones thing to be utterly terrifying.

Whats more terrifying is they're already making flying 40mm grenades; rather then a drone dropping a Grenade, the grenade is a drone, and the wings fold flat:

Its likely within a decade we will see 'cluster drones' where a MLRS can deploy a few hundred of these 'dronelets' to scour a 5km circle for anyone with a specific uniform or other enemy characteristic...making the days of the grenade dropping quadcopter seem like the good old days.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#26]
One of the more remarkable still images from the conflict - RU guy the moment he's hit with artillery on a livestream.

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:56:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Whats more terrifying is they're already making flying 40mm grenades; rather then a drone dropping a Grenade, the grenade is a drone, and the wings fold flat:

https://i.redd.it/xirv2ap8xxh71.jpg

Its likely within a decade we will see 'cluster drones' where a MLRS can deploy a few hundred of these 'dronelets' to scour a 5km circle for anyone with a specific uniform or other enemy characteristic...making the days of the grenade dropping quadcopter seem like the good old days.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
One of the more remarkable still images from the conflict - RU guy the moment he's hit with artillery on a livestream.

https://i.redd.it/f3ourfluwhw81.jpg
View Quote

Crazy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:21:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By doc540:
Are we witnessing mobile armor becoming obsolete?

I realize the Ruskies don't have adequate infantry to perform frontal sweeps, but the range and accuracy of dozens of anti-armor platforms is improving exponentially.

coffins on treads and tracks
View Quote

I think we'll always have APC / IFVs to transport troops and protect them from small arms and artillery fragments. Even if they can be destroyed by ATGMs, infantry on foot can be destroyed by basically anything, so a net improvement.

But tanks...to me they don't make ton of sense given the current technology. Massive cost and logistical challenges compared to lighter vehicles, now increasingly vulnerable to man portable weapons, and all to deliver 40 shots of 120mm...
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:24:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Daytime footage.
View Quote

I thought that's what all their power plants looked like in normal operation...?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

This is awesome.

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I mean, my opa stacked fuck out of some orcs in the 40s. You don't even have to scratch me. I'm a devout anti communist /bolshevik /soviet.

Better than being a communist ape brained orc.

I guess you can cope?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:53:25 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Yes. It is a major oil pumping facility. This is a big blow. Very big.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Daytime footage.
View Quote

That's more smoke than their carrier makes when it's underway.

Side note, their carrier makes less smoke when it is actually on fire, than when it is underway.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#36]
From Battered Mariupol Steel Plant, Fighters Share Desperate Videos to Push Out Story

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/29/world/europe/mariupol-steel-plant-video.html

The footage shows a child wearing a makeshift diaper crafted out of tape and plastic bags, asleep in a dank and moldy room. An elderly woman with a bandaged head is seen dressed in a uniform jacket, once worn by steel plant workers, as she shakes uncontrollably. And small children make plaintive requests. “We want to go home,” a girl says. “We want to see the sunshine.”

These scenes are from videos shared online in recent days by the Azov regiment, a unit in the Ukrainian military, which says they were taken in the mazelike bunkers beneath the sprawling Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol, Ukraine. Russian soldiers control the rest of the city, and fighting continues around the plant. The plant has become the last refuge for thousands of trapped Ukrainian fighters and civilians. There is no escape, and little chance of rescue.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Daytime footage.
View Quote

All these fires are reminiscent of the plans Britain had when forming the SOE to equip sabotage units in occupied europe. Often with extremely simple devices; one was an underwater mine whose time delay was a dissolving alkaseltzer tablet. Others were blocks of TNT shaped like lumps of coal....

Fantastic book on the subject that seems very relevant today:

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRiYHytXoAAxroR?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

First of all,let’s not do Mongolia dirty like that,give them some Arctic.

Secondly,ohhhhhhh fuuuuuuuucccccck noooooooooo I don’t want want ANY Russian land,not even the parts they stole from us that were forever ours under the Treaty of Tartu. I just want to be left alone, I certainly don’t want millions of Russians,I want fewer of them. I’d trade Russia for kidnapped Ukrainians 3:1 for grey passport Russians right now though.

I’m not sure who in China authorized this troll but it must really upset some Russians to even see such a thing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Daytime footage.
View Quote

Is it me, or does seem as though it can’t be that this is all actually done by anti-war or pro-Ukrainian saboteurs? Like it almost seems to good to be true considering the frequency and the type of target each. I mean the false flag angle has been debated here but damn. It’s just nuts at how many of these types of fires or explosions we’ve been seeing as of late.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

It's about incentives. Do you think once they came over, they could ever go back? Would they even want to?

We're also offering something that money can't buy: a chance to work, largely unimpeded and harassed in their field, and the dignity of being paid and compensated commensurate with their knowledge and experience, rather than working for the Mafiosos-that-own-a-gas-station, and being paid in (comparative) company store scrip.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Originally Posted By MouseBoy:

Importing high level spies now?

It's about incentives. Do you think once they came over, they could ever go back? Would they even want to?

We're also offering something that money can't buy: a chance to work, largely unimpeded and harassed in their field, and the dignity of being paid and compensated commensurate with their knowledge and experience, rather than working for the Mafiosos-that-own-a-gas-station, and being paid in (comparative) company store scrip.

True, but you can be sure that there will be more than a few that work for the FSB, either by choice or by coercion.

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Is it me, or does seem as though it can’t be that this is all actually done by anti-war or pro-Ukrainian saboteurs? Like it almost seems to good to be true considering the frequency and the type of target each. I mean the false flag angle has been debated here but damn. It’s just nuts at how many of these types of fires or explosions we’ve been seeing as of late.
View All Quotes

Daytime footage.

Those are the islands in the chain disputed by Japan.
It's also one of the places Russia puts "undesirables"
Your guess is as good as mine though

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By et_slowpoke:

Oh? So those 16 US merchant ships sunk or damaged from January 1941 to November 1941 were what exactly? Just because it’s low intensity and not total war doesn’t mean it’s not war. Indeed weren’t the pro German organizations seen as seditious in 1941 even before Pearl Harbor?

Congress passed essentially a war declaration, albeit not an unlimited one. After that to do anything that might support Russia is unconscionable.
Any pro-Russia posts now should be CoC 4 violations.
We’re ramping up and Ukraine is about to receive their shipments from the Arsenal of Democracy.
I am not being facetious, I am patriotic.
View Quote

Patriotically advocating the execution of americans for free speach
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I think it's sabotage.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#45]

This shit would be funny if it wasn't for the ethnic cleansing that goes with the removal of all things Ukrainian
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:03:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wreckshooter] [#46]

View Quote

You don’t usually blow up critical infrastructure as part of a false flag. Putin likes to blow up apartment buildings and shoot rockets at empty government buildings. Or arrest Nazis with bootleg copies of ‘The Sims 3’.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:03:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Javelin kill:

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:04:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Gen. Keane: Putin's number one objective is to stay in power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPr_wDOkux4
View Quote

Kill Putin's ego.  End the war.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
I can see folk running to the recruiter as we speak

What he gonna do? Nationwide draft?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Originally Posted By realwar:
Vladimir Putin is set to declare 'all-out war' on Ukraine 'within DAYS' and will launch a general mobilization of the population, as ex-Nato chief warns the West must 'gear itself up' for 'worst case scenario' conflict with Russia  

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/30/00/57223861-10769277-image-a-63_1651276545793.jpg

Vladimir Putin is set to declare 'all-out war' on Ukraine 'within days' to enable Russia to launch a general mobilisation of the population, according to Russian sources and Western officials.

Russian troops entered Ukraine at the end of February in what Putin called a 'special military operation' to demilitarise and 'denazify' Ukraine and barred the use of the word 'war', thinking it would be over in a few weeks.

However, army chiefs - frustrated that the invasion has now stretched into the third week - have called on the Russian president to declare war which would enable a mass mobilisation of Russian troops and an escalation in the conflict.

Britain's Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said that the Russian president might use Russia's victory day parade on May 9 to announce the mass mobilisation of his reserves for a final push in Ukraine.

It comes as ex-Nato chief Richard Sherriff warned the West must 'gear itself up' for a 'worst case scenario' war with Russia in Ukraine.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/29/09/57195195-10766541-image-a-4_1651221926916.jpg

Russian military vehicles take part in a rehearsal of Victory Day military parade marking the 77th anniversary of the end to World War 2, at Red Square in Moscow, Russia on April 28, 2022

A Russian military source told the Telegraph: 'The military are outraged that the blitz on Kyiv has failed.

'People in the army are seeking payback for failures of the past and they want to go further in Ukraine.'

Earlier this week, the Russian military was said to be furious that Putin had downsized the invasion of Ukraine and called for a new escalation of the conflict.

Speaking on Friday, Mr Wallace said Putin may declare a new war against the world's 'Nazis' at the victory day parade which sees Moscow mark the end of Russia's involvement in the Second World War.

With Putin's military having failed in their first wave of military objectives, Moscow has re-focused its efforts on seizing both the east and southern coast of Ukraine.

Some analysts had predicted that Putin wanted to be in a position where he could declare some form of victory on May 9. But with Russia's victory day parade now less than two weeks away, that is looking less likely.

Instead, Mr Wallace told LBC Radio that Putin could use the occasion to declare a new war on who he would call the world's Nazis to galvanise his populace in another push against the Ukrainian defenders.

'I would not be surprised... that he is probably going to declare on May Day that "we are now at war with the world's Nazis and we need to mass mobilise the Russian people",' Mr Wallace said on Friday morning.

While several countries, including the UK, mark VE Day - the anniversary of the allied victory over Nazi Germany in the Second World War - on May 8, Russia marks the data on May 9 due to the time difference.

The end of all combat actions came at 23:01 Central European Time on Tuesday May 8, 1945 - which was already May 9 in Soviet Bloc countries, including in Russia.

Mr Sherriff today said Russia was likely to double down on its approach to Ukraine, insisting to its people that it is the right approach.

He told BBC Radio 4: 'The worst case is war with Russia. By gearing itself up for the worst case, it is most likely to deter Putin because ultimately Putin respects strength.'

However, as in the first months of the invasion, Russian forces are being met with heavy Ukrainian resistance from Kyiv's determined armies.

Continued
I can see folk running to the recruiter as we speak

What he gonna do? Nationwide draft?

Note that the article is pure speculation.

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Daytime footage.
View Quote

Apparently it pushes power to the currently occupied Kuril Islands of Japan.
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1816 of 5589)
Top Top