Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1815 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildturkey09:

I'm finding this mortars dropped by consumer drones thing to be utterly terrifying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:

I'm finding this mortars dropped by consumer drones thing to be utterly terrifying.

Best analogy is like an aerial minefield.  Mines terrify soldiers because they can be anywhere.  You are never safe, and you never know if turning left or right will blow your leg off.  You could be miles from the front lines.  With enough weaponized drones around sowing terror, the battlefield would be absolute hell.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

It's not as much cheerleading for Russia that is prevalent in GD as much as disparaging any support for Ukraine...because the Clintons and the Bidens laundered money through the country. It's a matter of being ok with invasion, war crimes, killing, raping and pillaging of civilians because their government was a friend of your enemy. It's really fucked up logic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

"wEre jUsT as BaD aS rUsSiA"

It's not as much cheerleading for Russia that is prevalent in GD as much as disparaging any support for Ukraine...because the Clintons and the Bidens laundered money through the country. It's a matter of being ok with invasion, war crimes, killing, raping and pillaging of civilians because their government was a friend of your enemy. It's really fucked up logic.

I'm guessing the GDtards grinding their gears about the Biden shenanigans in Ukraine have a huge blindspot for Paul "blood money" Manafort and that whole crew eh?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:58:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#3]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Where are the best places to keep a combat knife when wearing a PC?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MeestaSparkle:
Originally Posted By Arminius:
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ukrainian Soldiers Say Russian Troops Look 'Desperate' In Battle For Donetsk Region

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dpIwwI86ss

He carries a Glock knife. ( in an inconvenient location )

For sure not the best, but far from the worst knife. And cheap.

H

I’m assuming the concern is that, if it ever came to fisticuffs, the knife is literally in the perfect location for the adversary to just grab it and stab you in the neck?  It couldn’t be in a more convenient location, for the other guy.

Where are the best places to keep a combat knife when wearing a PC?

Mine is horizontal, right hand, front, behind a mag shingle. It pokes out about an inch further than the mags. YMMV friking Gerber MKII is a foot long.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I saw something earlier that people are predicting Poland to come out of this as a leader in Europe

I may be biased though. My wife mad this delicious Polish soup for dinner last night.
View Quote

If you think about what Polish national interests are, a “special relationship” between Poland and Ukraine (post-war) might be very much to the advantage of each.
Both have reason to distrust Germany and seek to be a political counterweight against Germany, and against Germany’s interests automatically being treated as European interests.  That would be good for Europe, as German policy largely fucked the EU this time around.
Poland alone probably doesn’t have the stroke.  But add in Ukraine’s energy and mineral resources and suddenly a Polish/Ukrainian relationship looks very interesting.
Aside from pure self-interested security reasons, Poland might be supplying so much aid because they have some foresight and can see a return on investment in the future.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BlackFox:

I'm working on it!!   With that said, this is game-changing for citizenry around the world (and not in a good way).  Truly capable thermal drones with heavy payloads are the tools of governments, and heavily regulated to prevent use by citizens.  The only thing that keeps governments from actively employing such technology against their own citizens is public opinion and backlash.  We've already seen how public opinion can be influenced with Russian Oligarchs' yachts and funds seized purely because we don't like them.  It wouldn't take much for public opinion to support such measures against those that don't toe the party line (ref: Jan 6).  

From there I turn to true civilian capability as a balance to government power.  It's fun to see a DJI Mavic drop a grenade using a 3d printer rack in a war zone that encourages civilian engagement, but that's not real in most AOs.  You'd be caught before your first trial run over US soil.  I think most people are underestimating the shift of power in the "drone wars."  We're watching tanks, ships and even aircraft become obsolete in real time.  We're seeing the Heinlein novels we read as kids become real.  While it's fun to watch this play out against the orcs, the problem is that our balance as civilians is that we're not keeping pace with the power the government is creating (and can't).  I had always assumed small arms development by the government (such as exploding shells and smart rounds) would be where the tide turned.  It appears it's the same idea but aerial.  It seems so obvious in hindsight, but I didn't see this coming and don't know how to respond.  The FAA ownership of the air above US soil was a genius move in hindsight.  Now we have to ask their permission (timidly) to use technology over our own homes.  That's not by accident.  

My concern is not people with such technology, but government entities with no balancing civilian force.  Our founding fathers knew that the Republic relied upon the power resting with the people.  I think we're quickly slipping off that slope, and that's the key message I get from this conflict.  Sorry if this derails this otherwise great thread.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Originally Posted By burnka871:

We're watching a new modern warfare doctrine developed in real time. It's fucking fascinating and terrifying.

Our opponents won't be using consumer grade drones - we will.  It's nice to see them effectively employed.
time to add a couple high end drones to Skyline.

I'm working on it!!   With that said, this is game-changing for citizenry around the world (and not in a good way).  Truly capable thermal drones with heavy payloads are the tools of governments, and heavily regulated to prevent use by citizens.  The only thing that keeps governments from actively employing such technology against their own citizens is public opinion and backlash.  We've already seen how public opinion can be influenced with Russian Oligarchs' yachts and funds seized purely because we don't like them.  It wouldn't take much for public opinion to support such measures against those that don't toe the party line (ref: Jan 6).  

From there I turn to true civilian capability as a balance to government power.  It's fun to see a DJI Mavic drop a grenade using a 3d printer rack in a war zone that encourages civilian engagement, but that's not real in most AOs.  You'd be caught before your first trial run over US soil.  I think most people are underestimating the shift of power in the "drone wars."  We're watching tanks, ships and even aircraft become obsolete in real time.  We're seeing the Heinlein novels we read as kids become real.  While it's fun to watch this play out against the orcs, the problem is that our balance as civilians is that we're not keeping pace with the power the government is creating (and can't).  I had always assumed small arms development by the government (such as exploding shells and smart rounds) would be where the tide turned.  It appears it's the same idea but aerial.  It seems so obvious in hindsight, but I didn't see this coming and don't know how to respond.  The FAA ownership of the air above US soil was a genius move in hindsight.  Now we have to ask their permission (timidly) to use technology over our own homes.  That's not by accident.  

My concern is not people with such technology, but government entities with no balancing civilian force.  Our founding fathers knew that the Republic relied upon the power resting with the people.  I think we're quickly slipping off that slope, and that's the key message I get from this conflict.  Sorry if this derails this otherwise great thread.

It’s relevant to the thread, as it’s the reality of combat in Ukraine and we are all learning something from how civilians are deploying the technology.  

This short film really is the future.  Firearms will soon be obsolete for warfare. (Not personal protection.)

Sci-Fi Short Film “Slaughterbots” | DUST

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

It looks like they are ready for combat....against an enemy equipped with early-model M48s and M75 APCs
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Military exercises of Russia backed Transnistria.

This is not a colorized WW2 photo if you were thinking that.

https://i.redd.it/ybzxtlfjmjw81.jpg

It looks like they are ready for combat....against an enemy equipped with early-model M48s and M75 APCs

I have one of those helmets.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Heavy casualties and low morale hamper Russia's war effort in Ukraine
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]

That looks like fun until a fucking drone blows you up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Russia plans to seize assets of foreign companies | DW News
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mbinky:

Operation Trapper Keeper.  

(Paperclip was already taken).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mbinky:
Originally Posted By MouseBoy:

Importing high level spies now?

Operation Trapper Keeper.  

(Paperclip was already taken).

with joe in charge, they might as well call it operation Rosenburgs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

It’s interesting that whatever is hitting those tanks in the video is extremely accurate, but yet the tanks are in a field that is littered with hundreds of shell craters.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

It’s interesting that whatever is hitting those tanks in the video is extremely accurate, but yet the tanks are in a field that is littered with hundreds of shell craters.

Looks more like a range to me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

I would have said the same except for the tank flipping turret.

Maybe the standard Russian shit. Shell the fudge out of a spot and then run in tanks. Once the tanks are done, pull up infantry. It's WWII era strategy.

I would imagine half-a-dozen suicide drones from the surrounding treeline would foil that "clever plan" quick enough.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

It's about incentives. Do you think once they came over, they could ever go back? Would they even want to?

We're also offering something that money can't buy: a chance to work, largely unimpeded and harassed in their field, and the dignity of being paid and compensated commensurate with their knowledge and experience, rather than working for the Mafiosos-that-own-a-gas-station, and being paid in (comparative) company store scrip.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

It's about incentives. Do you think once they came over, they could ever go back? Would they even want to?

We're also offering something that money can't buy: a chance to work, largely unimpeded and harassed in their field, and the dignity of being paid and compensated commensurate with their knowledge and experience, rather than working for the Mafiosos-that-own-a-gas-station, and being paid in (comparative) company store scrip.

That worked well nabbing German scientists in 1945 - but the 3rd Reich was kaput by then - so no concerns of intelligence gathering moles
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By OD-Man:

Scratch a Ukrainiac and you'll find a fascist.....
View Quote

Hurr Durr....gobohomo!......derp derp derp

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MiG-21:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26154/EZcSe8sXkAUtrfh_jpg-2366728.JPG
View All Quotes

That's the only fitting response to something so dumb. I saw that and couldn't even come up with a response lol.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRiYHytXoAAxroR?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

All hail the glorious Finnish Empire!

But seriously, can we all just take a moment and consider the fact that we live in a timeline where the Russians have hucked weapons at a city with the UN Secretary General in it?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:42:36 PM EDT
[#19]

That's the only fitting response to something so dumb. I saw that and couldn't even come up with a response lol.
View All Quotes

Happy to help.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
But seriously, can we all just take a moment and consider the fact that we live in a timeline where the Russians have hucked weapons at a city with the UN Secretary General in it?
View Quote

Neither USSR nor Russia has ever given a fuck about the UN, except to exercise their veto.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

Neither USSR nor Russia has ever given a fuck about the UN, except to exercise their veto.
View Quote

There's a bit of difference between not giving a fuck about something and launching missiles towards said things general vicinity.

Did they try to bombard Kiev when Boris Johnson was there?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:51:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#22]

It’s relevant to the thread, as it’s the reality of combat in Ukraine and we are all learning something from how civilians are deploying the technology.  

This short film really is the future.  Firearms will soon be obsolete for warfare. (Not personal protection.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-2tpwW0kmU
View Quote

"We have an opportunity to prevent the future you just saw."

I doubt that. But I'll give them a bump anyway, autonomousweapons.org . I guess I'm now probably on a list that matters.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

There are tremendous differences between Napoleon’s and Hitler’s invasions and now,starting with the simple matter of demographics: Russia had an excess of young men it could throw at either. It was also fighting a defensive war in depth where it could trade land and bodies for time to wear down the  attackers.

Putin expected Operation Bagration to play out in February and didn’t get it. Of course they can keep throwing men and material at Ukraine but neither is easily replaced these days and Napoleon didn’t have the US and UK replacing his losses.

Of course Russia could still win and there are multiple avenues for this starting with: Putin declares victory,France and Germany clamor to get back to business as usual and it remains a frozen conflict in perpetuity. There could be some reason Ukrainian resolve weakens and Russia manages an outright victory,Putin could throw a nuke at Kyiv and tell the world he is done with everyone and live out his days as a pariah knowing that there would be no response.

However,I think it most likely that an influx of weapons will see the Russians burn themselves out. Russia can’t replace its losses in material and will soon need to start conscripting the children of Moscow and Saint Petersburg. This would be a much,much different war than one where Russians don’t care how many rural Siberian’s and Buryats die. However,I think for it to reach this stage it will be impossible to keep NATO from being dragged in.
View Quote

I could see Poland yolo'ing in if it looks like Ukraine might collapse.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
By Jennifer Jacobs and Alberto Nardelli
April 29, 2022, 2:24 PM PDT

The Biden administration has a plan to rob Vladimir Putin of some of his best innovators by waiving some visa requirements for highly educated Russians who want to come to the U.S., according to people familiar with the strategy.

One proposal, which the White House included in its latest supplemental request to Congress, is to drop the rule that Russian professionals applying for an employment-based visa must have a current employer.

It would apply to Russian citizens who have earned master's or doctoral degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics in the U.S. or abroad, the proposal states.

A spokesman for the National Security Council confirmed that the effort is meant to weaken Putin's high-tech resources in the near term and undercut Russia's innovation base over the long run -- as well as benefit the U.S. economy and national security.

Specifically, the Biden administration wants to make it easier for top-tier Russians with experience with semiconductors, space technology, cybersecurity, advanced manufacturing, advanced computing, nuclear engineering, artificial intelligence, missile propulsion technologies and other specialized scientific areas to move to the U.S.

Biden administration officials have said they've seen significant numbers of high-skilled technology workers flee Russia because of limited financial opportunities from the sanctions the U.S. and allies have imposed after Putin's invasion on Ukraine.

The provision would expire in four years. There would be no changes to the vetting process, fees or other rules in the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Russian professionals began leaving the country after the invasion began on Feb. 24.

Konstantin Sonin a economist at the University of Chicago tweeted on March 7 "that more than 200,000 people fled Russia during the last 10 days. The tragic exodus not seen for a century."

An Interfax report, citing an estimate from the Russian Association for Electronic Communications, said that between 70,000 and 100,000 information technology specialists might try to emigrate in April.

The U.S. and some of its Group of Seven allies have also in recent weeks discussed giving protected status to Russian scientists, including those working at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research.

CERN, which runs the largest particle physics laboratory, suspended most of its work with Russia after the war began.

Biden Seeks to Rob Putin of His Top Scientists With Visa Lure

Guess how many Germans we got before ww2
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Gen. Keane: Putin's number one objective is to stay in power

Gen. Keane: Putin''s number one objective is to stay in power
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Makes partial sense.

The Russian far east is home to several peoples related to our Native Alaskans/Inuit/Aleut/Yupik peoples but we should push for lands that include native Siberians that are related to the other Native American peoples.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Soviets need war trials and hangings like Nazis.
View Quote

Right.  This ends with massive war crime trials, or it doesn't actually end.

Learning from the mistakes of WWI - leaving the population to believe in the "stab in the back" (Dolchstoss) myth, as well as no responsibility for the genuine war crimes that did happen, left the German population unaccepting of responsibility and unwilling to accept the outcome in the long-run.  The Weimar collapse radicalized them for tolerating Nazis when they stepped into the void.

Russia's been running with that denial of the past for a century and it has to be faced squarely.  The only way out of this successfully is with a complete refutation of existing political structures and a rebuilding.  It's going to get uglier and uglier until that happens.  The people at State, in the UK Foreign Office, the other Nato nation equivalents - they know this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:57:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#28]
FIRES IN BRYANSK, RUSSIA: Military base & Oil depot of Druzhba pipeline feeding oil to Europe

Fires in Druzhba oil depot & Selmash engineering plant, far apart

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Best analogy is like an aerial minefield.  Mines terrify soldiers because they can be anywhere.  You are never safe, and you never know if turning left or right will blow your leg off.  You could be miles from the front lines.  With enough weaponized drones around sowing terror, the battlefield would be absolute hell.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:

The possibilities are endless.

Drone mines.
Drone swarms.
Suicide drones.

Suicide drone swarms.

Just wait till someone mounts a gun in one of these with automatic targeting.

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#30]

If you think about what Polish national interests are, a “special relationship” between Poland and Ukraine (post-war) might be very much to the advantage of each.
Both have reason to distrust Germany and seek to be a political counterweight against Germany, and against Germany’s interests automatically being treated as European interests.  That would be good for Europe, as German policy largely fucked the EU this time around.
Poland alone probably doesn’t have the stroke.  But add in Ukraine’s energy and mineral resources and suddenly a Polish/Ukrainian relationship looks very interesting.
Aside from pure self-interested security reasons, Poland might be supplying so much aid because they have some foresight and can see a return on investment in the future.
View All Quotes

I saw something earlier that people are predicting Poland to come out of this as a leader in Europe

I may be biased though. My wife mad this delicious Polish soup for dinner last night.

Plus, whatever minor gripes the Poles have with the Ukrainians, they pale in comparison to the concept of having the Russian Army stationed right on Poland's southwest border.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#31]

There's a bit of difference between not giving a fuck about something and launching missiles towards said things general vicinity.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circuits:

Well, the UK has nukes and a respectable military, so there's that
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#32]

And yet it took Japan to drag us into the war. Also, none of that supports your original statements.
View All Quotes

It wasn’t for lack of trying.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalNovice] [#33]
Interesting commentary on Russian air power in Ukraine, and other things - tanks, star streak ...:

Why Russia's Air Superiority in Eastern Ukraine Might Not Matter

TL;DW - Russian air power will not do much in this phase of the war.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#34]
FIRES IN BRYANSK, RUSSIA: Military base & Oil depot of Druzhba pipeline feeding oil to Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKZnstoy5fE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmcIQdWZc1c
View Quote
Isnt this old footage?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:18:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JustaGunNut] [#35]
If we go to war with Russia better now than later. Same for China. They have both fully made their intentions clear in the last decade. Sometimes we don't get a say in what happens globally at the behest of actual dictators. Canned sunshine is here now and isn't going anywhere, so we can get things rolling with a severely weakened Russia and a China that is still trying to build force parity with woefully untested equipment and soldiers or wait a few more decades until they feel comfortable with their abilities. It is what it is.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:19:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#36]
Vladimir Putin is set to declare 'all-out war' on Ukraine 'within DAYS' and will launch a general mobilization of the population, as ex-Nato chief warns the West must 'gear itself up' for 'worst case scenario' conflict with Russia  

Vladimir Putin is set to declare 'all-out war' on Ukraine 'within days' to enable Russia to launch a general mobilisation of the population, according to Russian sources and Western officials.

Russian troops entered Ukraine at the end of February in what Putin called a 'special military operation' to demilitarise and 'denazify' Ukraine and barred the use of the word 'war', thinking it would be over in a few weeks.

However, army chiefs - frustrated that the invasion has now stretched into the third week - have called on the Russian president to declare war which would enable a mass mobilisation of Russian troops and an escalation in the conflict.

Britain's Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said that the Russian president might use Russia's victory day parade on May 9 to announce the mass mobilisation of his reserves for a final push in Ukraine.

It comes as ex-Nato chief Richard Sherriff warned the West must 'gear itself up' for a 'worst case scenario' war with Russia in Ukraine.

Russian military vehicles take part in a rehearsal of Victory Day military parade marking the 77th anniversary of the end to World War 2, at Red Square in Moscow, Russia on April 28, 2022

A Russian military source told the Telegraph: 'The military are outraged that the blitz on Kyiv has failed.

'People in the army are seeking payback for failures of the past and they want to go further in Ukraine.'

Earlier this week, the Russian military was said to be furious that Putin had downsized the invasion of Ukraine and called for a new escalation of the conflict.

Speaking on Friday, Mr Wallace said Putin may declare a new war against the world's 'Nazis' at the victory day parade which sees Moscow mark the end of Russia's involvement in the Second World War.

With Putin's military having failed in their first wave of military objectives, Moscow has re-focused its efforts on seizing both the east and southern coast of Ukraine.

Some analysts had predicted that Putin wanted to be in a position where he could declare some form of victory on May 9. But with Russia's victory day parade now less than two weeks away, that is looking less likely.

Instead, Mr Wallace told LBC Radio that Putin could use the occasion to declare a new war on who he would call the world's Nazis to galvanise his populace in another push against the Ukrainian defenders.

'I would not be surprised... that he is probably going to declare on May Day that "we are now at war with the world's Nazis and we need to mass mobilise the Russian people",' Mr Wallace said on Friday morning.

While several countries, including the UK, mark VE Day - the anniversary of the allied victory over Nazi Germany in the Second World War - on May 8, Russia marks the data on May 9 due to the time difference.

The end of all combat actions came at 23:01 Central European Time on Tuesday May 8, 1945 - which was already May 9 in Soviet Bloc countries, including in Russia.

Mr Sherriff today said Russia was likely to double down on its approach to Ukraine, insisting to its people that it is the right approach.

He told BBC Radio 4: 'The worst case is war with Russia. By gearing itself up for the worst case, it is most likely to deter Putin because ultimately Putin respects strength.'

However, as in the first months of the invasion, Russian forces are being met with heavy Ukrainian resistance from Kyiv's determined armies.

Continued
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#38]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKZnstoy5fE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmcIQdWZc1c
View Quote

Slava Ukraine!
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Isnt this old footage?
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like it was tweeted on April 25th  (@StateOfUkraine tweeted on 25 April 2022)
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:43:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#40]

View Quote

LOLWTAF

That's fucking nuts. China wants to be our neighbors?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't know if anyone else has already seen this, but TLDR, a bunch of Russian dissidents have fled to Georgia due to the easier visa rules for them, and how fucked up and scary things were getting "back home".

I also don't know how to help these people specifically, but with so many .mil people here and exchanges between ARNG units and Georgia in the last 15 years, perhaps somebody knows how to get in touch and vet those groups or individuals.

Also, for anyone who is "too old" or "too broke" to fight in Ukraine (and I get it!), sending these folks a few bucks might help them make rent or eat next month. You could even travel to Georgia and do...anything...and at least be assured of not becoming a POW while helping regular people; no combat knives or Navy SEAL feats of strength required!

Hopefully, one day when Putin is gone, the world is going to need such people to help their countrymen figure out how to get along in the world without all the tricks they were accustomed to in the past.

Or at the very least, there are people living very sad and desperate lives of their own as "enemies of the state", and they are not undeserving of our help.

The City where Thousands of Russians have fled since the Invasion of Ukraine | Foreign Correspondent
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#42]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-2tpwW0kmU
View Quote

That is a scary video.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

It's like a sniper hanging out in the sky.

They need to be sending drones to buzz armor units behind enemy lines. Chaos.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Gen. Keane: Putin's number one objective is to stay in power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPr_wDOkux4
View Quote

If you watch that Finnish YouTube video, the guy in it says exactly this. Nothing new. Russian Tsars, General Sec, and now President are considered infallible and chosen by God. Their only goal is to stay in power.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Makes partial sense.

The Russian far east is home to several peoples related to our Native Alaskans/Inuit/Aleut/Yupik peoples but we should push for lands that include native Siberians that are related to the other Native American peoples.
View All Quotes

Makes partial sense.

Except sharing a border with China sounds like probably the worst thing we could ever do. Especially with the way our wonderful government manages borders.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:54:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#46]
Russian Trained Dolphins Deployed To Ukraine War

H I Sutton talking about weaponized marine mammals.

None of his famous cutaway images are used in this video.

At around 14 minutes in he describes the intercept protocol for divers. Being killed by a dolphin and its handlers sounds like an incredibly humiliating death.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Vladimir Putin is set to declare 'all-out war' on Ukraine 'within DAYS' and will launch a general mobilization of the population, as ex-Nato chief warns the West must 'gear itself up' for 'worst case scenario' conflict with Russia  

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/30/00/57223861-10769277-image-a-63_1651276545793.jpg

Vladimir Putin is set to declare 'all-out war' on Ukraine 'within days' to enable Russia to launch a general mobilisation of the population, according to Russian sources and Western officials.

Russian troops entered Ukraine at the end of February in what Putin called a 'special military operation' to demilitarise and 'denazify' Ukraine and barred the use of the word 'war', thinking it would be over in a few weeks.

However, army chiefs - frustrated that the invasion has now stretched into the third week - have called on the Russian president to declare war which would enable a mass mobilisation of Russian troops and an escalation in the conflict.

Britain's Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said that the Russian president might use Russia's victory day parade on May 9 to announce the mass mobilisation of his reserves for a final push in Ukraine.

It comes as ex-Nato chief Richard Sherriff warned the West must 'gear itself up' for a 'worst case scenario' war with Russia in Ukraine.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/29/09/57195195-10766541-image-a-4_1651221926916.jpg

Russian military vehicles take part in a rehearsal of Victory Day military parade marking the 77th anniversary of the end to World War 2, at Red Square in Moscow, Russia on April 28, 2022

A Russian military source told the Telegraph: 'The military are outraged that the blitz on Kyiv has failed.

'People in the army are seeking payback for failures of the past and they want to go further in Ukraine.'

Earlier this week, the Russian military was said to be furious that Putin had downsized the invasion of Ukraine and called for a new escalation of the conflict.

Speaking on Friday, Mr Wallace said Putin may declare a new war against the world's 'Nazis' at the victory day parade which sees Moscow mark the end of Russia's involvement in the Second World War.

With Putin's military having failed in their first wave of military objectives, Moscow has re-focused its efforts on seizing both the east and southern coast of Ukraine.

Some analysts had predicted that Putin wanted to be in a position where he could declare some form of victory on May 9. But with Russia's victory day parade now less than two weeks away, that is looking less likely.

Instead, Mr Wallace told LBC Radio that Putin could use the occasion to declare a new war on who he would call the world's Nazis to galvanise his populace in another push against the Ukrainian defenders.

'I would not be surprised... that he is probably going to declare on May Day that "we are now at war with the world's Nazis and we need to mass mobilise the Russian people",' Mr Wallace said on Friday morning.

While several countries, including the UK, mark VE Day - the anniversary of the allied victory over Nazi Germany in the Second World War - on May 8, Russia marks the data on May 9 due to the time difference.

The end of all combat actions came at 23:01 Central European Time on Tuesday May 8, 1945 - which was already May 9 in Soviet Bloc countries, including in Russia.

Mr Sherriff today said Russia was likely to double down on its approach to Ukraine, insisting to its people that it is the right approach.

He told BBC Radio 4: 'The worst case is war with Russia. By gearing itself up for the worst case, it is most likely to deter Putin because ultimately Putin respects strength.'

However, as in the first months of the invasion, Russian forces are being met with heavy Ukrainian resistance from Kyiv's determined armies.

Continued
View Quote
I can see folk running to the recruiter as we speak

What he gonna do? Nationwide draft?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:00:22 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

This is why Hungary need to get on board too. All those the rest of the EU dislikes helping Ukraine and forming their own block.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#49]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elWHlZI5wSA

H I Sutton talking about weaponized marine mammals.

None of his famous cutaway images are used in this video.

At around 14 minutes in he describes the intercept protocol for divers. Being killed by a dolphin and its handlers sounds like an incredibly humiliating death.
View Quote
how does a Dolphin kill a diver? or does it just alert the position to it's handler?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1815 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top