Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2013 11:15:49 AM EDT
Does anyone have a bolt-on XM607 stock currently on order from Total Silence? If so, did they give you any idea as to a wait time. They say on their website that the Bolt On Version is in production now and is available for shipment. I contacted them about getting on the waiting list about a week ago, but have heard nothing back.
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If still available,what's the going price for a 607 stock assy?
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If still available,what's the going price for a 607 stock assy?

That's hard to say...The $395 price in the PDF form is lined out...[ $395 ]...  

http://totalsilenceinc.com/
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I emailed about 3 months ago and got no response.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 4:31:33 AM EDT
[#4]
When I was building my dedicated 22lr 607 in March of this year, I tried numerous times contacting TSI by email and calling (leaving voice mail messages) and never heard back from them...so I moved on.  As of this writing, I still haven't received any type of return communications from them.

I found a "NIW" TSI "bolt-on" 607 stock and cut-down 607 handguards by posting "WTB" ads.

Contact "jhud" for handguards and "braceman" for a "fixed-closed" 607 style buttstock and 607 style moderator.

Building 607 style dedicated 22lr

Prototype faux 607 buttstock

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I was contacted by Aeneas2020 and he had an older pinned style XM607 stock. I decided to jump on it after talking with my gunsmith. I also just ordered Nodak NDS-XM16E1 "Retro" lower receiver, NDS-42 standard charging handles, and NDS-603 "Retro" upper receiver for the build. The hard part about this build is the wait to get my SBR stamp. I have been told it is taking up to nine months. If anything, it gives me plenty of time to source out everything.

Edited to add: I have also downloaded my Form 1 documents and associated documents. At the rate Nodak Spud is going, I figure it will be next April or May before the receivers arrive. I hope it is sooner, but they stay backed up these days.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was contacted by Aeneas2020 and he had an older pinned style XM607 stock. I decided to jump on it after talking with my gunsmith. I also just ordered Nodak NDS-XM16E1 "Retro" lower receiver, NDS-42 standard charging handles, and NDS-603 "Retro" upper receiver for the build. The hard part about this build is the wait to get my SBR stamp. I have been told it is taking up to nine months. If anything, it gives me plenty of time to source out everything.

Edited to add: I have also downloaded my Form 1 documents and associated documents. At the rate Nodak Spud is going, I figure it will be next April or May before the receivers arrive. I hope it is sooner, but they stay backed up these days.

Merry Christmas of '14 then!

eta: I ordered a partial fence lower in....April I think, and have the stock, handguards, upper, and moderator. Thats my grail AR ever since reading about them when this forum was created.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thats my grail AR ever since reading about them when this forum was created.

Gettin' closer all the time.  

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I read this thread earlier today, tried calling Edwin. He took over Total Silence from the previous owner, but no one picked up. Glad you got your stock though.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't talked to Edwin in a bit. But he was searching for a vender to do injection molding for the buttstock. Making the fiberglass mods is VERY time consuming and needn't be that labor intensive.  I am possibly buying a CNC milling machine, so it could be possible for me to do it for him. But it's primary task would be for a good customers needs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Sure hope you and Edwin can make it happen,Tom. After seeing a few of the shorty 607's,that's become my Holy Grail.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey guys and gals. I got to speak with Edwin this morning. It turns out that there are no stocks being built right now. He does have the handguards and caps in stock. So, I am sending in my order for those. I am also trying to score a barrel I can use. I would need to have it cut down, the FSB pulled off to install the handguard caps, and remove the bayonet lug. I am undecided about the 3-prong FH and the moderator. Does anyone have a line as to who may have the moderators available?
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I went with the three prong flash hider from DPMS, I think " Brick " made the 607 fake moderators at one point. You need to find a .625 carbine barrel, which would give you the right length of where the flash hider sits and correct thickness for the barrel. For the 607 the barrel gets cut like almost an 1/8 after the sight block and rethreaded. The length is 10" give or take a little.

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Well some bad news. The deal fell through for the mill. So its going to be longer before I get it. Read that as in many months.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Well he has 3 to 4 months waiting on a receiver and 9 months
Waiting on a stamp
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with the three prong flash hider from DPMS, I think " Brick " made the 607 fake moderators at one point. You need to find a .625 carbine barrel, which would give you the right length of where the flash hider sits and correct thickness for the barrel. For the 607 the barrel gets cut like almost an 1/8 after the sight block and rethreaded. The length is 10" give or take a little.  
<a href="http://s817.photobucket.com/user/VictorCastle/media/DSC_0018A_zps3bc8c520.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/VictorCastle/DSC_0018A_zps3bc8c520.jpg</a>
 [/quote

...........mmmmmmm    Don't cut a barrel 1/8" out in front of the sight base. It'll be an 1/8" PLUS whatever the threaded section is. (more like 3/4" in front of the sight base)  I'm sure this is what the poster meant, but it's easy to get a number in your head and next thing ya know...........you've performed an "ah chit"
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

[/quote
...........mmmmmmm    Don't cut a barrel 1/8" out in front of the sight base. It'll be an 1/8" PLUS whatever the threaded section is. (more like 3/4" in front of the sight base)  I'm sure this is what the poster meant, but it's easy to get a number in your head and next thing ya know...........you've performed an "ah chit"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s817.photobucket.com/user/VictorCastle/media/DSC_0018A_zps3bc8c520.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/VictorCastle/DSC_0018A_zps3bc8c520.jpg</a>
 [/quote
He's right my mistake, I meant the threads start about 1/8 or 3/16 after the front sight and continue for about 1/2 inch. Sorry

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I got my 607 stock today from a fellow ARFCOM member (James W.).

Nice condition. It came with all the necessary pieces. I had to do a little work on the locking bar to get it to slide properly. Works just fine now. It will be sometime before I can have it installed. Waiting on the NDS-XM16E1 lower. On another related note, the handguards, caps, and pistol grip are ordered and should be here in a couple weeks. I picked up a barrel on the EE that should get here next week. Braceman is working on a new batch of moderators. As soon as he is done, he said I can send him some money for one. Now, I just need to get the rest of the little parts for the lower and the A1 rear sight assembly..
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Glad to see it's coming along ! Even when the wait times were normal, it took me about 8 to 9 months so a year is not out of the question. If your going SBR, then have NoDak send the lower to Ident Marking Services. Have them engrave your trust name on the other side and do the retro marks, third pin and auto marks also. You'll have to drill the bottom of your lower and then insert that pin that with it. Just take your time and be careful.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Got a posting from Edwin on a social media site. He's moving his house to a new location, so I would guess that production is low on his list of priorities. Just a guess, I did not speak with him about it directly.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:29:36 AM EDT
[#20]
How to get stuff from Edwin...

Phase 1) Send money
Phase 2) ?
Phase 3) Receive stock
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Braceman is working on a new batch of moderators...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Which moderators??? 3 1/2" with NO slots, or 4 1/2" with slots??? (Or 4" with NO slots???)  

Quoted:
He's [Edwin] moving his house to a new location...

*Physically* moving his house??? Wow...I would set up a lawn chair and cooler to watch that...    Lots of $$$; electric/phone/cable companies have to take down lines as house passes through; police need to control traffic en route; lots of permits from various agencies...I watched a historic house being moved about 200 feet to a park; took all day...Just for 200 feet travel...Big moving tractor, special dollies (whatever they're called), riggers, 12" x 12" lumber...Big job...  
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Actually, I think you could more accurately state, he's moving. Different house. My mistake.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Which moderators??? 3 1/2" with NO slots, or 4 1/2" with slots??? (Or 4" with NO slots???)  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got an e-mail from braceman and he said they are the 3.5" w/o the slots.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, he is working on one for me right now.  Just waiting for my RRA entry buffer tube to show up so I can get teh stock parts made up by Braceman!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Actually, I think you could more accurately state, he's moving. Different house. My mistake.
View Quote

Oh. That's no fun. I've only moved twice; the last time was 15 years ago. I still haven't unpacked some boxes...  

Watching a house move is cool. I would pay to see one moved again.  
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top