BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/22/2004 9:12:22 AM EDT
Does anyone know how to remove the blue off a tacpoint scope without hurting the finish?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Paint stripper will remove the writing - as for the blue ring, I dunno.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Black Sharpie?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does anyone know how to remove the blue off a tacpoint scope without hurting the finish?
Thanks.

Buy an Aimpoint...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks.

What's wrong with the blue??? I think it looks very nice...

C4

It clashes with the LaRue purple.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the blue strip. It screams poser.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks.

C4

Your are mistaken my friend! Purple and blue go very well together!

C4

Wear it together all the time don't you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn nutty thread:

someone has a wanna be.

And some one is a Prince wanna be.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks.

Why would you want to remove the blue?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I LEFT THE BLUE ON MINE BECAUSE OUR TEAM IS CALLED THE BLUE DEVIL DELTAS!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Why not simulate a little wear while your at it!

Covering up the Blue (that indicates you bought a cheap Chinese knockoff instead of the real thing) is only half of a proper Keyboard Commando cover-up job! LOL

Sorry,....I just couldn’t resist.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks.

C4

But with the blue it doesn't look like an Aimpoint...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks.

C4

But with the blue it doesn't look like an Aimpoint...

+1
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=29716

Blue? I don't see any blue...

That better be because it is a genuine Aimpoint and not just because of the paint job!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks.

C4

Your are mistaken my friend! Purple and blue go very well together!

C4

Wear it together all the time don't you.

FOR SURE!! I even have a big purple hat with a feather...

C4

I have a purple hat, just without the feather.  Although the feather is big pimpin' for sure!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:36:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That better be because it is a genuine Aimpoint and not just because of the paint job!

I see what looks to be a little blue towards the rear.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Tacpoint and a Mini-14, those just go together like peas and carrots.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a Tacpoint - you can tell from the ring and from the mount.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:13:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a Tacpoint - you can tell from the ring and from the mount.

I know.  Just trying to give the Tacpoint users some gentle ribbing.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It's probably more likely that since you are under 18 the local Walmart won't sell you paint thinner!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Why would anyone want to remove the lettering?    

The TACPINT has a lot of followers on this forum, who stand up for it whenever those mean spirited anti-airsofter trolls come out.    They have demonstrated its abilities, that it is not a toy, and all owners should be proud to display the big blue at the range.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The TACPINT has a lot of followers on this forum, who stand up for it whenever those mean spirited anti-airsofter trolls come out.    They have demonstrated its abilities, that it is not a toy, and all owners should be proud to display the big blue at the range.  

+1, Tacpoint=Aimpoint, eat dung, ten billons flies can't be wrong .
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's probably more likely that since you are under 18 the local Walmart won't sell you paint thinner!

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's probably more likely that since you are under 18 the local Walmart won't sell you paint thinner!hr

SO WHAT IF I AM UNDER 18?  THE TACPOINT IS STILL A SUPERIOR OPTIC AT A FRACTION OF THE COST OF AN AIMPOINT.  WE ABUSE OUR RIFLES AND GEAR WHEN WE PLAY AND SO FAR ALL THE TACPOINTS HAVE HELD UP TO THE ABUSE.  THE AIMPOINTS THAT WE HAVE ON OUR TEAM HAVE NOT BEEN SO LUCKY.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SO WHAT IF I AM UNDER 18?  THE TACPOINT IS STILL A SUPERIOR OPTIC AT A FRACTION OF THE COST OF AN AIMPOINT.  WE ABUSE OUR RIFLES AND GEAR WHEN WE PLAY AND SO FAR ALL THE TACPOINTS HAVE HELD UP TO THE ABUSE.  THE AIMPOINTS THAT WE HAVE ON OUR TEAM HAVE NOT BEEN SO LUCKY.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Are you folks aware that the name Drewpeacock is a funny way of spelling "droopy cock"?

and i cant imagine a situation where the tacpoint is going to outlast and outperform an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
and i cant imagine a situation where the tacpoint is going to outlast and outperform an Aimpoint.

I see it every weekend! Tacpoints RULE! My team just had another victory this weekend! That’s all the endorsement anybody should need! We are damn unbeatable and we owe it all to our Tacpoints. I still cannot figure out why anybody would want to remove the blue?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's probably more likely that since you are under 18 the local Walmart won't sell you paint thinner!hr

What team are you speaking of?

my airsoft team, the blue devil deltas.

sorry about the caps lock guys sometimes i get carried away
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who do you think you are typing in all caps MSTN??? He is the only one that is allowed to get away with that BS! hr

i purchased a larue tacpoint mount from mstn a few months ago and found him to be great.  i was thinking of buying a larue tasco mount from you as soon as I buy a red wolf sniper rifle!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Righttttttttttttttttt.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#38]
I think it's time we stop feeding the trolls.....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Ban airsofters.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I wonder whose troll accounts IPSTANDING(I pee standing) and Drewpeacock(droopy cock) belong to. Which member is going to fess up to having created these characters.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I wonder whose troll accounts IPSTANDING(I pee standing) and Drewpeacock(droopy cock) belong to. Which member is going to fess up to having created these characters.

+1
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Maybe a differant team?

"The Gucci Guerrillas"

Lonny
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#44]
No, airsoft is NOTHING like paintball.

Paintball is a sport, we wear sport style jerseys, we play in national circuits, etc etc.  Our paintball markers are not knock offs, or lookalike military weapons.

Airsoft is a bunch of military dress-up wanna be's.

IMHO
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Nail Polish remover would probably remove the paint, if you were inclined to do so.

See how weird it is when suddenly, when you're least expecting it, someone actually contributes to the threads original purpose? Kinda freaky.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

At the range?  Haven't you seen the press release?  The DOD has announced that it is dropping the Aimpoint, the EOTech, and the Trijicon Reflex in lieu of the adoption of the Tacpoint as the official issue optic.  They have also commissioned Hakko to make a magnified optic that is to replace the TA01NSN and TA31 ACOGs.  Seeing how well the Tacpoint has performed, Hakko can definitely surpass Trijicon's work.  After all, there is no greater test for a piece of gear than an airsoft game and everyone in the know certainly can attest to that.  Evryone know that an airsoft game is so hyper real, it surpases actual combat and combat conditions.

So why does anyone care that there is a blue ring ont he body of the Tacpoint?  Why the heck is it even important to remove it?  It's not effecting anything, so why not just leave it on?  I mean, if you are not posing or wanting to try and pass it off as an Aimpoint, what does it matter?  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:02:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:12:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Nail Polish remover would probably remove the paint, if you were inclined to do so.

See how weird it is when suddenly, when you're least expecting it, someone actually contributes to the threads original purpose? Kinda freaky.

Advise on how to HIDE the fact that its a tacpoint is a worthwhile contribution? If you’re so ashamed it’s a tacpoint, maybe you should rethink your constant BS comparisons to the real deal.  Nobody tries to hide the Aimpoint logo. It just seems odd that you spend so much time trying to convince us its "Just As Good", but then attempt to remove its logo.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:59:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Perhaps, in the mind of an airsofter, the blue will give their position away.  It's kind of like all those people who worry that the white lettering on all their mounts and rail systems will give them away to the enemy.  

I never knock airsoft.  I think airsoft has its good points and I've taken part in a few airsoft activities in the past.  It's fun and it has a place.  The problem I have is with people telling me that using an airsoft product will give me the same performance as the real thing.  It won't.  If it is just for the range or just for show, I'm sure its fine.  Heck, if anyone is foolish enough to use an airsoft product on a weapon that is meant for genuine social work, then I genuinely hope luck is on their side.  Some don't want to take a risk like that and the people passing off advice like "this is just as good" or "this will work just like the real thing" to those who just might take it and go into harm's way just really bothers me.  No, it doesn't just bother me, it really pisses me off.  Gee, I don't know, maybe it's just me.  

And for all those who keep saying that the Tacpoint was made for a real firearm, fine.  Maybe it is made to be mounted on a real rifle.  That doesn't mean that it is "just as good" as the Aimpoint or any other optic in the same class.  BSA and Leapers red dots are made for real guns as well.  Are they of the same caliber as the Aimpoint?  I'm sure the Tacpoint can take more punishment than the average BSA or Leapers scope, but it still doesn't mean it can take as much as a genuine Aimpoint.  It fills a niche and is in its own class, somewhere between the cheaper stuff and the real deal. And in that class it should remain and not be touted as something it is most definitely not.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Go away
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top