Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:45:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I LEFT THE BLUE ON MINE BECAUSE OUR TEAM IS CALLED THE BLUE DEVIL DELTAS!

It's probably more likely that since you are under 18 the local Walmart won't sell you paint thinner!

SO WHAT IF I AM UNDER 18?  THE TACPOINT IS STILL A SUPERIOR OPTIC AT A FRACTION OF THE COST OF AN AIMPOINT.  WE ABUSE OUR RIFLES AND GEAR WHEN WE PLAY AND SO FAR ALL THE TACPOINTS HAVE HELD UP TO THE ABUSE.  THE AIMPOINTS THAT WE HAVE ON OUR TEAM HAVE NOT BEEN SO LUCKY.

Ya, right.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the feedback.
I didn't mean to start a heated topic. I like my Tacpoint. I seems to be just fine for me.
The reason why I went with it is because of a budget. This is my first build and my first optic. If money wasn't an issue than maybe I would have bought an Aimpoint, maybe not.
I like a simple look on my scope and I didn't like the BLUE. I am not trying to hide the fact that it is a Tacpoint , I just think it takes away from the look of my AR. Everyone is has their own opinion and thats what makes this country great.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I appreciate the feedback.
I didn't mean to start a heated topic. I like my Tacpoint. I seems to be just fine for me.
The reason why I went with it is because of a budget. This is my first build and my first optic. If money wasn't an issue than maybe I would have bought an Aimpoint, maybe not.
I like a simple look on my scope and I didn't like the BLUE. I am not trying to hide the fact that it is a Tacpoint , I just think it takes away from the look of my AR. Everyone is has their own opinion and thats what makes this country great.

My angry post wasn't aimed at you.  Budget is a very good reason to get the Tacpoint.  Aesthetics are a valid point as well when you asked your question.  The thing that got me angry was the statement byt he airsofter that the Tacpoint is stronger, tougher, and more robust than an Aimpoint.  Those going into harms way may see that post and mistake it for truth and purchase a Tacpoint to use in a hostile environment instead of something made for such an environment.  That could prove fatal for someone whose life may be dependant on the equipment they use.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
If I don't remove the blue ring then my war gaming wouldn't be as authentic.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nail Polish remover would probably remove the paint, if you were inclined to do so.

See how weird it is when suddenly, when you're least expecting it, someone actually contributes to the threads original purpose? Kinda freaky.

Advise on how to HIDE the fact that its a tacpoint is a worthwhile contribution? If you’re so ashamed it’s a tacpoint, maybe you should rethink your constant BS comparisons to the real deal.  Nobody tries to hide the Aimpoint logo. It just seems odd that you spend so much time trying to convince us its "Just As Good", but then attempt to remove its logo.

Listen you dense asshole really cool guy that I admire, I NEVER claimed the Tacpoint is as good as an Aimpoint. I never said I removed the blue paint off mine, I never claimed the Tacpoint could hold up to combat, is the best optic on the market, or is even a serious consideration for anything other than a range gun.

Dig up my posts and show me where I said, even one time, that the Tacpoint is better than an Aimpoint. Show me where I compared it to the real Aimpoint (which I don't even have, how could I compare it!?).

You know, I hate to think that a fucking red dot scope could be the making of such enemies, but I wouldn't walk across the street to save your life. You are fucking douchebag. really admire your position, and although your mental condition impares your ability to discern who said what, I choose to look past it and see the inner beauty in my fellow man. I love you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Mongo like IBTL
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Mongo like IBTL

OOH OOH. Me too. IBTL.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh boy...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Personal attacks!   Personal attacks!   The sky is falling!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup, guilty. I did willfully call Va-dinger an asshole.

I shall recant my vile (tho accurate) description of my new nemesis at once....so as to remain a member of the most Tacpoint friendly web site this side of Airsoftworld.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#14]
This is begining to look like something on airsoftforums.com,one of the many reasons I no longer go on the site it's filled with know it all kids.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nail Polish remover would probably remove the paint, if you were inclined to do so.

See how weird it is when suddenly, when you're least expecting it, someone actually contributes to the threads original purpose? Kinda freaky.

Advise on how to HIDE the fact that its a tacpoint is a worthwhile contribution? If you’re so ashamed it’s a tacpoint, maybe you should rethink your constant BS comparisons to the real deal.  Nobody tries to hide the Aimpoint logo. It just seems odd that you spend so much time trying to convince us its "Just As Good", but then attempt to remove its logo.

Listen you dense asshole really cool guy that I admire, I NEVER claimed the Tacpoint is as good as an Aimpoint. I never said I removed the blue paint off mine, I never claimed the Tacpoint could hold up to combat, is the best optic on the market, or is even a serious consideration for anything other than a range gun.

Dig up my posts and show me where I said, even one time, that the Tacpoint is better than an Aimpoint. Show me where I compared it to the real Aimpoint (which I don't even have, how could I compare it!?).

You know, I hate to think that a fucking red dot scope could be the making of such enemies, but I wouldn't walk across the street to save your life. You are fucking douchebag. really admire your position, and although your mental condition impares your ability to discern who said what, I choose to look past it and see the inner beauty in my fellow man. I love you.

Why do I feel like I just got in a fight with a twelve year old?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a very well liked and respected moderator get his account suspended for a similar post?

Maybe its time to see if "Lady Justice" is truly blind on ARFCOM. If so, we should be free of this clowns airsoft rants for a few days.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:30:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:57:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:05:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:22:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Unreal.  So it's okay to BE a toy loving moron on the new 'improved' ARFcom, but it's not okay to pretend to be one?  No wonder good people like Pat Rogers are mysteriously absent from the board and they have been replaced by 100 airsofters.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:27:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:38:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
And another thing!

Please don't snipe people into COC violations, i.e. provoke them into name calling then cry for their account to be locked. Name calling is inappopriate here, but riding a guy until he calls you names is not right either.

Ha Ha!  Tell that to Imbroglio.  You guys probably threw a party when LarryG, Jrzy and Rikwriter sniped him into a permanent lock.  At least Imbroglio threw out a pearl of wisdom every once in a while, you can't say the same thing for everyone on this board.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:15:12 AM EDT
[#23]
WTF:

Let me get this straight

Someone calls VA an asshole - bitches and whines.

Nothing

Va makes a comment about the site staff not enforcing the CoC - and WHAMMO!

Locked and done

No wonder this sites standards are dropping like a stone.

Some punk shit on this site called me a Gucci gear queer while I was in Afghanistan (I got back last week) - and nothing...
I called him a Fucktard and got a warning about personal attacks.

What also irks me is the guys getting warnings and locks are paying members and more often than not proffessional users of the AR system - the 12yr old My tacpoint works well on my "Mariu Airsoft M4" are not.  Now If I were the site staff I might make a couple of observations about value added from these two type of posters...

Please explain how this fuck this happens?

Or am I going to get the boot now too.

-Kevin

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Yea, feel free to lock, delete, or otherwise dispose of my team account.  I won't be renewing it, anyways
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#25]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Some punk shit on this site called me a Gucci gear queer while I was in Afghanistan (I got back last week) - and nothing...
I called him a Fucktard and got a warning about personal attacks.

Jeah I caught that. Disgraceful. You're over there putting your ass on the line, and your attacker
gets away with it scott free.

Gee, that makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yup, guilty. I did willfully call Va-dinger an asshole.

I shall recant my vile (tho accurate) description of my new nemesis at once....so as to remain a member of the most Tacpoint friendly web site this side of Airsoftworld.

Holy SHIT BATMAN - that is not a fucking retraction...
Its a fucking dig at ARF
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#28]
So how many of you guys have thrown your aimpoints around? And I do mean thrown them around. At least 15feet up and 20 feet away from you? I spent a good amount of time throwing a tacpoint around after I got it. Still abusing it too, don't worry I'll write it up for ya. Sure I got gripes with it, but I also like how it's holding up too. Dropped the rifle friday with the tacpoint on it. No worse for wear and the POA/POI didn't shift.

Really if you don't like it thats cool. But for the people who don't want to drop phat $$ on a dot site that they really won't need(something that will stand up to COMBAT conditions) the tacpoint is fine, at least I think so so far. Hell part of the reason I picked one up, besides wanting to sbuse and torture test one is because I didn't know how I felt about using dots sights, I generaly don't like them but since using the tacpoint  I'm considering getting an aimpoint(cuz it's going to be used on a hog hunting gun) So if you don't like the things, just shut the fuck up with the giving people shit. They may not need/want an aimpoint it may not fit their shooting needs so fucking what if they want to use something cheaper, it's not on your rifle so what the fuck should you care.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#29]
So is it okay to call people assholes now?  Was there some staff ruling that found that calling someone an asshole and then admitting to it and boosting about it did not violate the CoC?

I sure hope so because I have a list a mile long and I'd like to get started right away!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
There is room for everyone here.  The more experienced and better equipped are not going to drive those with less knowledge and experience away.  

No but if this trend continues the less knowledgable and experienced are going to drive the more experienced guys away.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Va_Dinger was warned repeatedly--twice by me--and he chose to escalate greatly.  Now he has been held accountable.  

As long as everyone that violated the C0C has been held accountable...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is room for everyone here.  The more experienced and better equipped are not going to drive those with less knowledge and experience away.  

No but if this trend continues the less knowledgable and experienced are going to drive the more experienced guys away.

That would be your choice--assuming you consider yourself to be "more experienced."  Of course, you could always choose to ignore, and not respond to, those things you find distasteful.  

I don't consider myself to be more experienced than anyone on here and I have no choice to make.  Nor do I judge people and decide if they are assholes based on an internet forum.  I also don't find this distasteful but I do find it entertaining.  However, if you are going to enforce the rules then they should be enforced equally, not selectively.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have some concrete criticism than let me know, either by e-mail or posting it here.

These tacpoints are certainly out there and being sold as rifle scopes, so what are we supposed to do every time someone buys one at a gunshow and asks about it here? Have a bunch of guys jump all over him?

Aimless, I have absolutely no problem with TacPoints or people using them.  They are probably a great optic for the money.  My only criticism is in what appears to be selective enforcement of the COC.  And how guys like KevinB and Lumpy (who actually use rifles in real life) get called Gucci-Girls because they made the decision to buy an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
However, if you are going to enforce the rules then they should be enforced equally, not selectively.  

Funny you should say that . . .

If I violated the COC then I would expect to be locked or banned or whatever.  I have no problems with that.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Where did all this "airsoft" crap come from in the first place? The tacpoint was given that label by certain members of this board who think anything less than mil-spec is worthless. SOME of us who own tacpoints AND mil-spec optics know the difference and are willing to share what we have learned about these optics to people who really want to know. Some other who don't own, or have never seen, a tacpoint want to post negitive comments and make jokes and call it an airsoft optic. Isn't that trolling? And posing as an airsofter to make a point that you think it is an airsoft optic does not do anyone any good. I think the answer is pretty damn simple. If you do not like tacpoints, vulcan, olympic, aimpoints, eotechs, or whatever else you don't like, then POST YOUR OPINION AND MOVE ON! Or better yet, don't even bother to read a thread that you have no interest in. With that said, while I think Va_  posting as an airsofter was not smart, he was just trying to be funny. The problem is that it is not funny anymore. Now, you even have guys who don't like, don't own or don't ever plan to buy a tacpoint defending them from these attacks / jokes / weak attempts at humor.  If someone says something rediculous about tacpoints being better than aimpoints, by all means, correct it. I do it all the time. But you don't need to post "tacpoint is for airsoft" for three pages on every tacpoint thread. But everytime someone posts a "tacpoints are for airsoft only", I am going to correct that too.
So children, what have we learned?
#1 tacpoints are not "as good as" aimpoints
#2 tacpoints are made in China and have a blue ring on them.
#3 Va_ is not as funny as kisara
#4 posting under a fake name is never a good idea
#5 Don't call people names. Calling someone "gear queer" is as bad as "airsofter" and they are both as bad as "a-hole"
#6 KevinB is not a poser. He is/ was in Afganastan risking his ass for our freedom to post this crap on the internet without fear of being blown up by terrorist. Thank you KevinB!
#7 Lumpy likes Aimpoints better than EOTechs, and EOTechs better than Tacpoints.
#8 New-arguy is pretty much fed up with all of us and ready to start an ACOG only forum.
#9 Don't mess with the beekeeper or you will get run.
#10 SMGLee was smart enough to stay out of any of these threads.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#44]

So children, what have we learned?
#1 tacpoints are not "as good as" aimpoints
#2 tacpoints are made in China and have a blue ring on them.
#3 Va_ is not as funny as kisara
#4 posting under a fake name is never a good idea
#5 Don't call people names. Calling someone "gear queer" is as bad as "airsofter" and they are both as bad as "a-hole"
#6 KevinB is not a poser. He is/ was in Afganastan risking his ass for our freedom to post this crap on the internet without fear of being blown up by terrorist. Thank you KevinB!
#7 Lumpy likes Aimpoints better than EOTechs, and EOTechs better than Tacpoints.
#8 New-arguy is pretty much fed up with all of us and ready to start an ACOG only forum.
#9 Don't mess with the beekeeper or you will get run.
#10 SMGLee was smart enough to stay out of any of these threads.

Great summation!

Chen is definetly smarter than I
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Time out.

Do you really want to know how far this has gone? Today I was going to purchase a piece of equipment. In the EE, there were several choices. Because of one person's action and activities here, someone else got paid. Thanks to all, your brawl is now resumed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I'll still buy from you , C4. I'm a cheap bastard and you have the best prices on your gear.
(is it a COC violation to call myself names?)
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I'll still buy from you , C4. I'm a cheap bastard and you have the best prices on your gear.
(is it a COC violation to call myself names?)

Would it be a CoC violation if I agreed with him, on both counts?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top