Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 2/1/2020 7:35:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/2/2020 7:39:45 PM EST by DominicO]
I'm putting together this thread so we can get an organized plan going for this evenot. I've gotten a good amount of people in the other thread that have expressed interest in attending so I was we could use this thread to concentrate ideas, get a headcount, answer questions, etc.

It's going to be held in Cary State Forest 7465 Pavilion Rd, Bryceville, FL 32009 on February 16, 2020 at 9AM.

I figure we can all do the 3 mile provisional hike and afterwards we can do an additional 3 miles for anyone who would like to stay on.
STANDARDS

There’s a loop that’s a little less than 2 miles that we can use for the provisional rate and lots of trails throughout that we can use to complete the remaining miles for the 6 mile hike. The trails range from hard packed dirt road to medium dirt to soft sand in a couple spots.

Remember, we can't legally carry long guns so we need to add 10 pounds of dry weight to our packs. I'll bring a scale so we can double check our weights before heading off. If you just want to come out and enjoy time outdoors with like minded people without carrying a pack or hiking distances according to standards you are welcome and encouraged to attend anyway.

Update: We’ll be hiking in the Cary tract. From highway 301 look for Pavillion Road which will have a sign for the main entrace to the park. Follow Pavilion into the park and eventually you’ll come to some camping spots and a parking area and a kiosk that has a giant map of the park and a drop box where you pay the $2 entrance fee. This is where we’ll meet up.

Taking the names from the other thread, here's who I believe to be going.
DominicO
BoostKING
mgwantob
BrowardMason
RINO_Hunter
Spartacus2002
Spartacus2002 Jr

If you plan on going and want to be added to the list or can't make it and want to be taken off comment in this thread or message me.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:05:46 PM EST
If they allow camping there, I might head up the night before, camp, then join you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:11:48 PM EST
@DominicO

exactly which tract and entrance do you want people to meet at? Map is here https://www.fdacs.gov/content/download/32937/file/cary.pdf
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:11:04 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
@DominicO

exactly which tract and entrance do you want people to meet at? Map is here https://www.fdacs.gov/content/download/32937/file/cary.pdf
View Quote
I'm planning on the Cary tract and the 301 entrance as of right now but I will be going out and looking at them in the morning and I will update before I commit to anything.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:20:39 PM EST
Please see the update in the original post for new info
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:35:35 PM EST
add me and Spartacus Junior to the list, we'll drive up the day before and camp there, then link up with you guys at 0900.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:40:26 PM EST
add me and Spartacus Junior to the list, we'll drive up the day before and camp there, then link up with you guys at 0900.
View Quote
Done. Happy to have you along.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:07:28 PM EST
I'll definitely be there. I'm good for the extra 3 miles as well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:31:35 PM EST
We're very iffy right now, son has been sick for 3 days and is out of school tomorrow too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:11:47 PM EST
We're very iffy right now, son has been sick for 3 days and is out of school tomorrow too.
View Quote
Ok, let me know. I’m bringing a non member but if it’s just the two of us and @boostKING we may have to reschedule because we’d be below the 2 non related witness requirement.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:14:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By DominicO:
Ok, let me know. I’m bringing a non member but if it’s just the two of us and @boostKING we may have to reschedule because we’d be below the 2 non related witness requirement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DominicO:
Son and I are not going to be able to attend, he's very sick, gonna stay sick through the weekend, and I gotta watch over him. Sorry; we will make the next.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:15:42 PM EST
No problem. I hope he feels better soon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:18:22 PM EST
@mgwantob
@BrowardMason
@RINO_Hunter

Are you guys in for this Sunday?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:26:31 PM EST
Looks like I'll be bass fishing unfortunately. Got reports they are starting to bed in my favorite spots and the weather/tide is favorable
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:59:02 PM EST
Current weather update shows a high of 73 for the day and a chance if rain at 40% starting around noon. Winds at 5 to 10mph in the morning. Expect high humidity.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:59:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By BoostKING:
Current weather update shows a high of 73 for the day and a chance if rain at 40% starting around noon. Winds at 5 to 10mph in the morning. Expect high humidity.
View Quote
Perfect.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:25:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By mgwantob:
Looks like I'll be bass fishing unfortunately. Got reports they are starting to bed in my favorite spots and the weather/tide is favorable
View Quote

Fishing is the only thing I like and I’ll still be there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:34:07 PM EST
Son is still sick with Upper Respiratory Virus, and now I caught the crud from him. Will not be there.
Link Posted: Yesterday 3:47:51 PM EST
So 4 of us will be there? I'll be in the white grand cherokee
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:25:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By BoostKING:
So 4 of us will be there? I'll be in the white grand cherokee
View Quote
That's my count so far
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:55:30 PM EST
Son is still sick with Upper Respiratory Virus, and now I caught the crud from him. Will not be there.
View Quote
No problem. Feel better soon. I wish I could make yours on the 22nd but I've got a Spartan Race the next day here in Jacksonville. I'll give you a heads up for the next one.
Link Posted: Today 1:32:25 AM EST
I just saw this tonight. This is my failure and I apologize. I will check the hometown section more often if I don't make it out tomorrow.
Top Top