Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/30/2006 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/thedoctors308/motivator118445.jpg

I'm famous, WOOT. Hey, the Helwan and the Tok turned out to be great shooters, never did find a FP for the little one though.

FWIW, it appears Bob’s Gun Shop has the firing pin you need  www.gun-parts.com/galesi/.

Personally, though, I’m not sure I’d bother.

Actually I called and it's out of stock
Link Posted: 11/30/2006 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe you should shoot it full of JB Weld and red Loctite and make it a "non-firing replica."

Hell, it already has the blocked barrel.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Noticed some reloading supplies on your bench in the photo.

Ever wondered just how much of an overcharge it would take to blow a 9mm sky-high?  - that guns seems perfect for "destructive testing" - from a safe distance w/ a string tied to the trigger of course. It should not take too much Titegroup to get that puppy to blow.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#4]
My cousin actually deals in obscure and old gun parts.
If you want his contact info, IM me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn the Jennings 9 brings back memories kinda like an old nasty Gf. I need a drink
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Gives a new meaning to 'trunk gun'

Looks better than I thought it could from first pics.  I like the idea of gold krylon and making a bling piece.
Link Posted: 12/2/2006 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#7]
This thread is very entertaining.  I vote for making that a bling bling piece, for giggles.

- BG
Link Posted: 12/2/2006 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
So I've been pointing out this thread to every ARFCOMmer that walked into the gun shop today.  We all sincerely hope you will paint this thing with Krylon gold!  Keep posting pics!
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 4:44:35 AM EDT
[#9]
you SOOOO need to bring it to the next Shiocton shoot, once it is krylon gold of course
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Alright gold it is! I will be doing some more work in it in the coming days. I have to dig out the spot putty if I can find it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
We all sincerely hope you will paint this thing with Krylon gold!  Keep posting pics!
straight ghetto, homie g-dog!  fat tight, yo!

i'm just anxious to see if it's going to be in working condition.  i keep checking in hoping to hear a range report
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Alright gold it is! I will be doing some more work in it in the coming days. I have to dig out the spot putty if I can find it.

Speaking of which...

Quest for the gold-plated Lorcin
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speaking of which...

Quest for the gold-plated Lorcin

Well damn I have my work cut out for me now. I have to try and make it better than that.

Link Posted: 12/3/2006 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#14]
The collectors value of his gun went down hill fast after you sandblasted it.
You should have left the finish original.

I better throw this in for the challenged
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#15]
you could probably get more out of it just with some cheap gold krylon
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Have you looked on gunbroker- it'd be cheaper to buy new parts
(I have nothing to do with these, just got curious what the gun should look like )
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=61486537
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=61495665

HAHAHAHA The second one, for the whole gun, it says, "THESE GUNS PERFORM ONLY FAIR"
Isn't there something about truth in advertising? "only fair?" how bout "single shot. mag holds nine, but it's a single shot."
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You should have left the finish original

Didn't know it was a collectors item. Really wasn't much finish on it, unless you count corrosion as a finish?

I got my can of Krylon today. I think the paint job may be worth more than the gun at this point.
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't know it was a collectors item. Really wasn't much finish on it, unless you count corrosion as a finish?

I got my can of Krylon today. I think the paint job may be worth more than the gun at this point.

see edit to my post
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

see edit to my post

Well that confirms it. I am challenged. And all this time I thought I was just slow.
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

see edit to my post

Well that confirms it. I am challenged. And all this time I thought I was just slow.

happens to me all the time
Link Posted: 12/4/2006 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You should have left the finish original.

I better throw this in for the challenged

Now you've done it. So much taking it the next filming of "The Antiques Road SHow" for an appraisal.
Link Posted: 12/4/2006 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#22]
gotta tag this one
Link Posted: 12/5/2006 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Ok, I have had a chance to work on this a little bit in past few days.
I used some small jewlers files to clean up the firing pin channel and now the FP slides in and out freely. I also ran the file around the mouth of the chamber. There were a few nicks ther for some reason.

I spent some time fitting the slide to the frame. Either the slide is damaged, or the fit fit just sucked in the first place. Either way the slide travels micly along the frame.

I removed excess material left from the casting that left sharp edges and intereard with general operation.

I polished the feed ramp. hehe

I beveled the mag welll. hehe

I also tried to file off any gouges on the slide and frame. The srind sight blade was corroded so badly it was almost not there anymore. I created a new front sight blade with this metal filler compound I found at the hardware store. I also filled in some of the pitting and gouges in the slide and frame with the stuff.

I then let is set up for a couple of hours and started to go at it with some sand paper. That got boing fast, so I yanked out ye ol' Dremel with the sanding drum and had it licked in no time flat.
I will take some fine sand paper to it prior to it's pimp'n gold topcoat.

Today I decided to see if I could get it back together. This is/was fun. I got what they call a schematic from Numrich. What a joke, and a waste of $1.50. I doesn't ofcourse tell you were anything goes. It is just a generic exploded view out of thier catalog. Anywway I dont' have everything together just yet. The rear sight, extracter, and mag release are the only parts not in the gun.

BUT, I got the gun together. Guess what. It actually functions. Pull the slide back and it cocks. The trigger group is either missing a part or it is some king of wierd 2 stage trigger. First pull or half pull and no sear engagement. Let off and something clicks into place and next pull and it drops the pin. seems odd. Maybe it just needs oil, as I have not oiled it at all.. The safety works as well.

I am not sure if I should paint it assembled or paint it disassembled , then reassemle it after.

Does anyone have a mag for this thing, they just don't want anymore? Or does someone have the floor plate, spring, and folower, they can part with. Ireally don't need it persay. It would be nice to try this thing out with a mag to see if it works and loads right.

Here are some more pics.

The first one is of the metel filler I used.
Hey it says it can be used on tanks. If it's good enough for an M1A2, it's good enough for the Jennings pimp-matic.

Link Posted: 12/5/2006 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#24]
How did I miss this thread?  So tagged for the gold finish.  Bring that baby to the next shoot.  I want to shoot it watch you shoot it.  Don't forget the gold chain  
Link Posted: 12/5/2006 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#25]
filler
everyone knows your supposed to use metal to fill it. Someone at a fine gunshop with a magnet will catch your fix and they won't pay top dollar
Link Posted: 12/5/2006 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#26]
You need to replace those grips with some pearl ones

ETA: Pwnage on teh page 4
Link Posted: 12/5/2006 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Do pimps use ivory or pearl?
Link Posted: 12/5/2006 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Do pimps use ivory or pearl?

Platinum?
Link Posted: 12/5/2006 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Tag.

Succsessful BMT to kill yourself with a Jennings.

Didn't the psyc guys tell you to be careful of foolhardy behavior after radiation treatments? You are NOT indestructable, ya know!  
Link Posted: 12/5/2006 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Tag.

Didn't the psyc guys tell you to be careful of foolhardy behavior after radiation treatments? You are NOT indestructable, ya know!  

We are going to use the vice, long string, video camera. Firing device.

I'm not dying over a Jennings.  I may be Challenged, slow, and stupid, but I'm not dumb.

Link Posted: 12/5/2006 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#31]
It's rare treat to be in a position to watch someone work so diligently and in such a workman-like fashion at an endeavor that will self admittedly result in blowing their own hand off!  

Love it!

Link Posted: 12/5/2006 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Tag.
Link Posted: 12/5/2006 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Be sure to only use +P+ ammo in it.

And wearing a flak jacket to the range wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Link Posted: 12/5/2006 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tag.

We are going to use the vice, long string, video camera. Firing device.

I'm not dying over a Jennings.  I may be Challenged, slow, and stupid, but I'm not dumb.

I'll shoot it.

Link Posted: 12/6/2006 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Bump...

It's nearly been a day without an update.  Any reports of someone being injured by a homemade Jennings fully automatic machine pistol loaded with cop killer rounds (as any normal media outlet would report it anyhow)?  
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Bump...

It's nearly been a day without an update.  Any reports of someone being injured by a homemade Jennings fully automatic machine pistol loaded with cop killer rounds (as any normal media outlet would report it anyhow)?  

Well crap, now I have to figure out where to put the front vertical grip.

Ok, one more update for today. I promised a target crown, and you got one. Fancy fancy. I should shoot straight now.

Link Posted: 12/6/2006 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#37]
tag
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#38]
We salute you who are about to die.
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#39]
This is fucking great.
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I am not sure if I should paint it assembled or paint it disassembled

Assembled, definitely...including the grips.
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
We salute you who are about to die.
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/7/2006 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This is fucking great.

+1
Link Posted: 12/7/2006 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#44]
I have to say that your "project" project is looking up.

Gold paint is a +1

PEARL grips are a +1

Thread tag is a +1.

Didn't Patton (yeah THAT Patton. George...)say somthing to the effect of "only pimps use pearl handles"

Buzz.

Link Posted: 12/7/2006 12:20:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/7/2006 12:20:44 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I have to say that your "project" project is looking up.

Gold paint is a +1

PEARL grips are a +1

Thread tag is a +1.

Didn't Patton (yeah THAT Patton. George...)say somthing to the effect of "only pimps use pearl handles"

Buzz.

Why yes he did my good man.

Link Posted: 12/7/2006 3:06:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Oh man...............this is going to be great!
Link Posted: 12/7/2006 5:13:03 AM EDT
[#48]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
This is fucking great.

+1
Link Posted: 12/7/2006 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm lovin that target crown. There was a guy over on the Bryco forum trying to find a scope mount for his Model 59 so he could put a red-dot sight on it.

I'm not the least bit surprised he didn't find anything. The guys at Brownell's musta got a kick out of that when he called.

I think Flamethrower should rig one up with a Tacpoint on it...
Link Posted: 12/7/2006 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#50]
What the hell did you do that "target crown" with, a Dremel?  
Page / 5
Top Top