Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 6/20/2019 1:57:04 PM EDT
I typed this in another thread... but I feel it's worth posting on its own.

-Especially, for  you guys that don't get it. Which is fine. I mean, it is objectively dumb, lol. But also Healthy.

-Also please feel free to share your own stories!

Compared to 20 years ago, the firearms industry is HUGE next to what it used to be. More wide-spread use (especially with semi-autos, SBRs, etc.), more companies than I can count innovating with new products every day, and millions if not billions of dollars flowing because of it.

-This is largely due to video games. Sure I had guns growing up (for hunting), and enjoyed to shoot... but never anything like an AR. I really "got into" guns because of playing Call of Duty in the early 2000's. 100% that is the reason. Period. (Now because of me, me dad owns a bunch of ARs too, lol).

-Well, my generation (millennials, lol) are starting to turn 40 and many have kids in their teens. These kids play fortnite, PUBG, Apex, etc. (and still some call of duty). And these games have "stupid" dances and phrases (YEET) associated with it (just like our games did 2 decades ago in the form of spray tags and custom nameplate badges, common shit-talking etc.).

-These "kids" will be adults soon (if not already), and if you want to continue to have a booming healthy firearms industry... why not market to them?

As retarded as it sounds, I think "yeet cannon" and similar products are a good financial decision and good for all of us. If you 'get it' or not.

Adding @HappyLife_NoWife amazing post from page 6... he said it better than I ever could:

Quoted:

Coming from someone with an avatar that shows a cigarette boat with probably 80k dollar built to the hilt big blocks...

Oh?

Boomers of arfcom, we trigger more snowflakes than you ever dreamed.

Know why?
Because shit bird liberal boomers tried to indoctrinate us, assumed we would adopt their anti gun agenda...

They were wrong. Dead wrong.

Millennial-Machine guns should be every bit as legal as 22s.

If ya'll weren't too busy snorting coke, getting perms, bitching about 1.25 per gallon of gas, buying your women pants suits with shoulder pads looking like line backers, perhaps the Hughes amendment wouldn't be a thing.
Then again. 99.9% boomers believe the NRA isn't negotiating rights away...

Don't bitch about meme guns.
Remember. It's they, your fellow boomers like Feinstein, Schumer, and Cuomo, who want an unarmed populace.
It is they, liberals, their cohort rino politicians who want us disarmed.
It is they, your public schools to which you pay taxes to, the colleges you sent your crotch fruit off to, that want us disarmed.

It's us who mostly want all draconian boomer bullshit laws like the NFA GCA and Hughes dissolved and to never return again.
And if it means normalizing AR15s to the point they're catchy to kids, kids being curious, wanting to know more/possess. Good. That's a small step in the right direction.

Ya'll say instagrambos are a plague...
I bet you also say
https://i.imgflip.com/348izf.jpg

While wondering why the second is subject to asinine restriction and proposals...
Either ya'll need to slip into senility and trade those SP1s/LE6290s for bolt and lever fudd guns. Or your bullshit holier than thou resembling that of a North east elitist shit bird from Yangkaz-Lawng Island attitude needs to slip into obscurity as you welcome Yeet Cannons, Yeetsweepers, Problem Solvers and meme lowers.

We've read their book. We know their ways. We memed Trump into office. Some even went to their respective states Capitols and protested asinine draconian gun laws.
Some of us attend town hall meetings and argue lemmings into shutting the fuck up pointing they only have hyperbolic conjecture packed chock full of media coined buzzphrases and buzzwords. Exposing them for the lemming NPC sheep they are.

Boomers.
Those damn kids do the dumbest shit ever!
Yeah! They take pictures of themselves with guns and make catchy slogans and put them on the internet!

Also boomers.
This country is fucked. The youth are eating tide pods and calling for the most restrictive gun laws ever, phew, at least we're safe for now with Trump in the office... whatever would we do without him...

Hmm. Maybe not be an elitist judgemental prick that takes firearms, a natural right in this country, and place it upon some bullshit pedestal revolving around solely of what's good for me is not for thee, Muh Safetyz, and other elitist/boomer drivel.

Saw what happened in Florida following Parkland didn't ya? 18-20 year olds banned from purchasing firearms.
Who said this was a good thing?
Who still says this was a good thing?
Boomer northeast transplants/retirees that fucking hate firearms, and have been conditioned to their former states bullshit that find freedom terrifying.

Know how ya'll say we need to "grow up"?
I'd toss a lamp at each of ya and tell you to lighten the fuck up, quit being authoritarian holier than thou my way is the only way...
Or... watch the second slip into obscurity.

GuNZ aRe SeRIoUs ToOLs cApablE Of KiLlinG!
Should we be putting Boomer Discretion is advised, the following weapons you're about to see in these photographs have been safety checked, chambers are free barrels aimed in a safe direction?
Cars and trucks are tools too. According to IIHS FBI UCR and the CDC private modes of transportation take the lead for unintentional deaths...
Should car enthusiasts be subject to similar scrutiny? Probably not, God forbid your challenger your Corvette and hot rod project/midlife crisis be subject to review.

Make your minds up and pick a side. You're either with them, or us.
We're about proving liberals wrong.
We're about ensuring the 2nd is restored.
We're about ensuring the right, not the privilege, the right to keep and bear arms is protected from any further restrictions.

It's a very simple concept to grasp-live and let live. You don't have to like what we do. You don't have to buy or build what we do.
You either support it for it is, to draw more to exercise their 2nd amendment rights, or you don't.

It literally is just that simple.
The whole "pew life" "tacticool" "instagrambo" and other things you object to, help us as a whole.
Why?
You are boomers. You've been groomed to accept tossing bones in a feeble attempt to stop the anti gun shit.
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

How do you prevent further bites into the elephant?
Well. 2 ways.
1. Stop offering parts that you think aren't critical.
2. Bust teeth out so they're reduced to Gumming or going back to their hole.

Liberals and their rino cohorts already hate you me and anyone else by default for defending the second never mind promoting it.
Accept this fact. They hate you. There is no appeasing them.
You know how you beat them? Through mockery. Hence. Meme guns.
Along with embarrassing the ever loving shit out of them in debates.
Remember. They control the narrative. The commie fuckers of your generation led us to where we are today.
They even claim what that chick did at Kent state was insulting for what happened to the protesters of the Vietnam War there.
They own the media.
They own public education.
They own state and private universities/colleges.
They're even in the corporate world-see banks that refuse to allow transactions go through for firearms/ammo, won't do business with firearms manufacturing etc.
They oversee most facets of social media.

And if meme guns draw kids attention?
And kids discover at an early age via social media that what they're being told and taught is a lie?
And kids who play videogames, first person shooters, etc, turn 18 in a state that allows them to purchase firearms still?
They'll get the bug that much sooner.

The media and politicians will argue differently and conflate age with homicidal scumbag mass murderer etc.
I wouldn't be putting any eggs in the NRAs basket for any near future pro2A anything. Not for a while. So you can forget them having any influence or persuasion in the next election cycle.

You might find what we do to be
It's better than eating our own for liking something you don't like or agree with entirely. If you wonder why the phrase "fudd" and "boomer" are often used in a derogatory fashion here? It's to get you to cut the shit and wake up to the cold hard reality that you are hurting the 2nd by having an authoritarian/holier than thou approach to the Second...

How is it liberals and rinos will stand lockstep and absolute in seeing to it the 2nd is shredded.
We can't be absolute in seeing to it the 2nd is not only preserved, but restored?

Someone decided my right to buy a brand new manufactured machine gun was null and void before I was born. I didn't have a say in whether I could purchase a brand new beltfed or not. That's some epic bullshit. Way to go watchdogs of liberty and other so called "conservative" boomers.
Guess you're right. What we do triggers liberals. It scares them. They lose relevancy when their feeble insults are met with laughter and mockery.
They lose relevancy. But you can't help but trio over yourselves and call it stupid that we mainstream firearms.
Remember-In Common Use.

Good luck banning when yeet cannons proliferate to common use quantities.
Good luck banning the AR AK or any popular modern sporting rifle on the market.

Let me guess. It's still stupid to call something a "Yeet Cannon" and selectors should only read Safe and Fire only... because that's all you had when you were our age...
Ahh complacency...
View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Honk Honk
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe a less "cheap" company could help get kids into guns.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honk Honk
View Quote
I dont think that means what you think that means
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well. That's the thing. Hi-Point ISN'T making it (or at least resisted... we'll see where it actually goes).

But now other companies ARE for sure. (Either just embracing the joke or actually selling products based on it).

And that is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Another good thing coming from this are companies are listening to their customers.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm starting to hate boomers as much as democrats.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Honk Honk
View Quote
^ clueless boomer
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hate them more than democrats
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#9]
The transition of firearms from tools to pop culture fetish objects bothers me .

The rise of the instagrambos tacticool #pewpewlife thing is a cancer IMO .

But I am not without sin I have a honey badger lower .
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The transition of firearms from tools to pop culture fetish objects bothers me .

View Quote
But it's still exposing more people to them (firearms).

We are "normalizing" firearms ownership and throwing off the stigma of "basement dwellers and conspiracy nuts".

It's the same way the left pushes their agendas. AND IT WORKS.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe Aero Precision is releasing a YEET lower soon.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
PSA just put 2 on sale today about 2 hours ago.

5.56 and 9mm.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#14]
PSA still hasn’t made the LIGMA AR lowers yet
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#15]
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-yeet-cannon-stripped-lower-receiver.html

Yeet Yeet!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Shits gettin’ gay.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Anything that brings firearms and firearm ownership more to the law abiding masses is a good thing in my opinion.

My 10 yr old thought it was hilarious when I told him the story.  To be honest, I had heard him say yeet a few times when he was playing basketball with his friends, but never gave it much thought as to what it meant.

Yesterday's social media explosion was pretty entertaining and educational.

HK SMG is amazing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Says the guy too “cheap” to buy a membership
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
This has been a thing for some time.

It's just now transitioning from shit like Jerusalem Crosses and the ever infamous "You're Fucked" dust cover to things like this that most of us old fuddy duddies can't identify with.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Shits gettin’ gay.
View Quote
Anything that makes guns more mainstream is a good thing...even fleshlight bayonets.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Ha I think its hilarious

I support it
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Honk Honk
View Quote
Wait...

Did I miss PSA doing a clown world lower? I'd definitely pick up one of those.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't think HiPoint embraces their status in the firearms industry. They should 100% go with YEET cannon. Caters to their demographic, definitely.

eta: Lol looks like they're deciding to roll with it. Maybe.

https://www.tacticalshit.com/hk-hi-point-yeet-cannon/
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

^ clueless boomer
View Quote
Ignore them.

I got into guns due to video games too. Hickok45 might be a fudd but he demonstrates perfectly that people want to see cool toys being fired at the range.

Tier 1 operators who say "guns are tools" and treat their weapons as area denial systems are boring as hell.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shits gettin’ gay.
View Quote
No, it isn't. If you don't understand it, that's fine, but the up and coming generation is buying big into firearms and we need everyone on board that we can get.

Old fags used to complain when someone took a crayon to their lower and filled it in to look like an HK or whatever. Now we have Rit Dye and plasti-dips giving us rainbow rifles. Anodized components looking like a tricked-out race motor.

People that wouldn't have purchased guns because they look boring get into it because they can customize them. The market craves it. Companies paying attention provide it.

This is all good.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cans went from “only needed for assassins” to “I want one” in under a decade once the fudds started to die off/retire.  Social media and sites like /k/ are our ally in promoting gun culture.

For the record the only reason I bought my MP5 clone is because of my obsession with Die Hard.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anything that makes guns more mainstream is a good thing...even fleshlight bayonets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shits gettin’ gay.
I also don't think many people are buying these because they think it's cool.

Are you the type of person that likes to turn everything into a joke?  If so this is right up your alley.

I won't be buying one but I still get a kick out of the internets ability to take a light hearted joke and run WAY too far with it.  It makes people laugh, it drums up business, it might even introduce casuals into a firearm culture they never knew existed.

Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Too confused and grouchy, did not read.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Are you the type of person that likes to turn everything into a joke?  If so this is right up your alley.

I won't be buying one but I still get a kick out of the internets ability to take a light hearted joke and run WAY too far with it.  It makes people laugh, it drums up business, it might even introduce casuals into a firearm culture they never knew existed.

https://www.fineos.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Win-win-win-768x447.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shits gettin’ gay.

You’re misinterpreting my post.  That said, I take very few things serious, certainly explains my appreciation of the chans and stunted maturity.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Excuse my ignorance......
what the hell is ' yeet cannon'?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

-Especially, for  you guys that don't get it. Which is fine. I mean, it is objectively dumb, lol. But also Healthy.

Compared to 20 years ago, the firearms industry is HUGE next to what it used to be. More wide-spread use (especially with semi-autos, SBRs, etc.), more companies than I can count innovating with new products every day, and millions if not billions of dollars flowing because of it.

-This is largely due to video games. Sure I had guns growing up (for hunting), and enjoyed to shoot... but never anything like an AR. I really "got into" guns because of playing Call of Duty in the early 2000's. 100% that is the reason. Period. (Now because of me, me dad owns a bunch of ARs too, lol).

-Well, my generation (millennials, lol) are starting to turn 40 and many have kids in their teens. These kids play fortnite, PUBG, Apex, etc. (and still some call of duty). And these games have "stupid" dances and phrases (YEET) associated with it (just like our games did 2 decades ago in the form of spray tags and custom nameplate badges, common shit-talking etc.).

-These "kids" will be adults soon (if not already), and if you want to continue to have a booming healthy firearms industry... why not market to them?

As retarded as it sounds, I think "yeet cannon" and similar products are a good financial decision and good for all of us. If you 'get it' or not.
View Quote
Better than a Gleet cannon!
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Boogerlube yeets.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
In short:

-Hi-Point had a naming contest to name their next product.

-"Yeet Cannon" won by a wide margin.

-Hi-Point reneged and said they wouldn't use that name.

-Other companies responded by making it instead.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Hi-Point-fails-to-let-people-vote-for-yeet-cannon-for-the-new-pistol/5-2230965/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Palmetto-is-doing-the-YEET-cannon-/5-2231397/
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you don't have one, you are probably a chick.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You’re misinterpreting my post.  That said, I take very few things serious, certainly explains my appreciation of the chans and stunted maturity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shits gettin’ gay.

@sirsqueeboo

Sorry for the confusion, I meant to agree with you against the "shits gettin' gay" post.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I support this cause.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I support this cause.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't visit GD for 2 days and now Im out of the loop already...  WTF is a yeet cannon?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's ridiculous, but you're not wrong
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I support this cause.
View Quote
At I glance I thought your join date was 2009.

For a second my mind was blown.  Would have been epic...
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Confession: I am old.

WTF does "yeet" mean?

I am no stranger to slang, just not familiar with this one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Preorder your YEET here      https://www.venturamunitions.com/aero-precision-yeet-lower-preorder?fbclid=IwAR0R5i_pFiVzJrC2Cnhpw8apd-eANKpx-LIVLjHDohey9FGhb0lX3Fv6mnE
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

5.56 and 9mm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5.56 and 9mm.
Aero released theirs and started taking preorders yesterday. PSA says their limiting it to a run of 750 lowers. Aero hasn't said if theirs will be limited. I think Aero's looks better and is less autistic than PSA's, but some people like the autism. Options are good.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Aero released theirs and started taking preorders yesterday. PSA says their limiting it to a run of 750 lowers. Aero hasn't said if theirs will be limited. I think Aero's looks better and is less autistic than PSA's, but some people like the autism. Options are good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5.56 and 9mm.
I like the PSA one the best.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

WTF does "yeet" mean?

View Quote
Not sure either...I assume it's similar to "LEET" or "L33T" Anyone remember when L33T SP33K was cool..?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

WTF does "yeet" mean?

View Quote
The Dallas shooter got yoted on.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

WTF does "yeet" mean?

View Quote
It doesn't really "mean" anything any more.

Now, it's just a funny word (generally used a verb) that means whatever you want it to in context. Kind of like how "fuck" is used now.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ignore them.

I got into guns due to video games too. Hickok45 might be a fudd but he demonstrates perfectly that people want to see cool toys being fired at the range.

Tier 1 operators who say "guns are tools" and treat their weapons as area denial systems are boring as hell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ clueless boomer
Ignore them.

I was indifferent to guns growing up. I wasn't raised in a "gun family". Once COD:MW hit, it was on.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's just now transitioning from shit like Jerusalem Crosses and the ever infamous "You're Fucked" dust cover to things like this that most of us old fuddy duddies can't identify with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the zombie shit really sent it into overdrive.

Before best you could hope for is the naked Confederate lady 1911 grips that have been advertised in shotgun news for as long as I can remember LOL

Just think this silly shit should stay at Hot Topic

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top