Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Aero released theirs and started taking preorders yesterday. PSA says their limiting it to a run of 750 lowers. Aero hasn't said if theirs will be limited. I think Aero's looks better and is less autistic than PSA's, but some people like the autism. Options are good.
View Quote
I'm not paying Aero money for a novelty lower. PSA gets it.. $50 is right in the wheelhouse for an impulse purchase.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not sure either...I assume it's similar to "LEET" or "L33T" Anyone remember when L33T SP33K was cool..?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Confession: I am old.

WTF does "yeet" mean?

I am no stranger to slang, just not familiar with this one.
Not sure either...I assume it's similar to "LEET" or "L33T" Anyone remember when L33T SP33K was cool..?
Not even close.

It's like if I stomp a scrub in CoD they got yeeted on.

It can also be used as an action verb, like "Trump should yeet missiles into Iran".
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Maybe a less "cheap" company could help get kids into guns.
View Quote
Ruger has provided the .22 handgun with the Wrangler......A much needed alternative to the imported from Italy parts/assembled in the USA Rough Rider.

As for "helping get kids into guns", that's sort of up to dads/moms across the land.....That is if they can stay married long enough to raise their kids.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I support this cause.
View Quote
Previous screen name?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, GD is proof that the super desirable young, ignorant dipshit demographic has been reached.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Another good thing coming from this are companies are listening to their customers.
View Quote
Absolutely.

2 days ago a few of us suggested PSA make a YEET cannon AR15 lower, then suggested that it really should be a 9mm lower.

Open up my email today and they're taking pre-orders for BOTH.

THAT'S INSANE!
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OP, GD is proof that the super desirable young, ignorant dipshit demographic has been reached.
View Quote
GD was just as stupid 12 years ago when I got here.

Don't let the old guys tell you different. It was always a trainwreck (it might have been even worse).
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Boomerposting.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I just sent the pic to my son, he wants one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeet is something you say when you throw something or hit someone/something.

Though I am not a zoomer but that is what it was a few years ago.

I think this is great.

Guns can be serious tools and just plain old fun at the same time.

I think DSA is doing a run of "yeet blaster" lowers too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not even close.

It can also be used as an action verb, like "Trump should yeet missiles into Iran".
View Quote
I just took a yeet
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you for explaining. I did not know what a yeet cannon was.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thank you for explaining. I did not know what a yeet cannon was.
View Quote
Very welcome.
Just doing my job!

Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just took a yeet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even close.

I just took a yeet
Telling someone "go yeet into traffic" is m favorite use.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Since kids are usually flush with cash?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Time to build Yeet Cannons for the GenZ kids in the family...

Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's ridiculous, but you're not wrong
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I typed this in another thread... but I feel it's worth posting on its own.

-Especially, for  you guys that don't get it. Which is fine. I mean, it is objectively dumb, lol. But also Healthy.

-Also please feel free to share your own stories!

Compared to 20 years ago, the firearms industry is HUGE next to what it used to be. More wide-spread use (especially with semi-autos, SBRs, etc.), more companies than I can count innovating with new products every day, and millions if not billions of dollars flowing because of it.

-This is largely due to video games. Sure I had guns growing up (for hunting), and enjoyed to shoot... but never anything like an AR. I really "got into" guns because of playing Call of Duty in the early 2000's. 100% that is the reason. Period. (Now because of me, me dad owns a bunch of ARs too, lol).

-Well, my generation (millennials, lol) are starting to turn 40 and many have kids in their teens. These kids play fortnite, PUBG, Apex, etc. (and still some call of duty). And these games have "stupid" dances and phrases (YEET) associated with it (just like our games did 2 decades ago in the form of spray tags and custom nameplate badges, common shit-talking etc.).

-These "kids" will be adults soon (if not already), and if you want to continue to have a booming healthy firearms industry... why not market to them?

As retarded as it sounds, I think "yeet cannon" and similar products are a good financial decision and good for all of us. If you 'get it' or not.
Yeah, no. It's really really stupid.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF does "yeet" mean?

Not related to 1337 speak.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#20]
“The Lord yeeteth and the Lord yoinketh away”
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I was thinking about that, how many non-gun owners will buy their first gun due to this?

I imagine there will be a few, and that improves our position. We need to embrace the gun culture and try to tie it to popular culture every chance we get.

Gun ownership is the strongest it’s ever been, and it will only grow stronger on this path.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Especially, for  you guys that don't get it. Which is fine. I mean, it is objectively dumb, lol. But also Healthy.

Compared to 20 years ago, the firearms industry is HUGE next to what it used to be. More wide-spread use (especially with semi-autos, SBRs, etc.), more companies than I can count innovating with new products every day, and millions if not billions of dollars flowing because of it.

-This is largely due to video games. Sure I had guns growing up (for hunting), and enjoyed to shoot... but never anything like an AR. I really "got into" guns because of playing Call of Duty in the early 2000's. 100% that is the reason. Period. (Now because of me, me dad owns a bunch of ARs too, lol).

-Well, my generation (millennials, lol) are starting to turn 40 and many have kids in their teens. These kids play fortnite, PUBG, Apex, etc. (and still some call of duty). And these games have "stupid" dances and phrases (YEET) associated with it (just like our games did 2 decades ago in the form of spray tags and custom nameplate badges, common shit-talking etc.).

-These "kids" will be adults soon (if not already), and if you want to continue to have a booming healthy firearms industry... why not market to them?

As retarded as it sounds, I think "yeet cannon" and similar products are a good financial decision and good for all of us. If you 'get it' or not.
I get it though. I REALLY want to build a P80 kit or an AR that's based on Maliwan from Borderlands
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF does "yeet" mean?

Well... not necessarily a direct decedent...

But they came about in the same manner.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Hi Point is going to sell guns to people who would probably never have purchased a Hi Point because the pistols will have "Yeet Cannon" on the side.  PSA is going to sell a bunch of lowers to folks on here who have shitloads of lowers already because it will have "Yeet Cannon" on the side.  Glorious capitalism and even more normalization of guns.  Win, win.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Shouldn't a yeet cannon be at least 10mm?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ha I think its hilarious

I support it
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I get it though. I REALLY want to build a P80 kit or an AR that's based on Maliwan from Borderlands
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know the last few rifles I've built have already ended up being yellow or pink...

But I really want to just go nuts with the rattle can on my yeet lowers:

Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I know the last few rifles I've built have already ended up being yellow or pink...

https://www.carls-fallout-4-guide.com/gamepictures/nuka-world/quests/an-ambitious-plan/unique-weapon.jpg

http://www.cod-blackops.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/camos-rollerpink.png
View Quote
Ahhhh, I loved me some Splatter Cannon.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hi Point is going to sell guns to people who would probably never have purchased a Hi Point because the pistols will have "Yeet Cannon" on the side.  PSA is going to sell a bunch of lowers to folks on here who have shitloads of lowers already because it will have "Yeet Cannon" on the side.  Glorious capitalism and even more normalization of guns.  Win, win.
View Quote
I ran into @whiskersthecat when I was walking to go to work today, and we had this conversation:

I hope Hi-Point does end up selling them too and doesn't just call them "YC-9" but rather giant block letters "YEET CANNON" down the side of the slide.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.carls-fallout-4-guide.com/gamepictures/nuka-world/quests/an-ambitious-plan/unique-weapon.jpg

http://www.cod-blackops.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/camos-rollerpink.png
It was basically cheating... I had to make myself leave it t home, lol.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I didnt think 44 was that old.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also want to make Torgue-style piece sometime.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Is this thread about Beanie Babies?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I think its awesome, I sent a link to my 21 yo daughter and she ordered a 5.56 for her 1st firearm purchase. I never thought she would buy one if her own. But the dab sealed the deal she said.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I think "Meme guns" are the new "Tactical".
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pretty much.

Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think that you are right. If it will get these kids into shooting, read and understand the constitution this will be good
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Absolutely.

2 days ago a few of us suggested PSA make a YEET cannon AR15 lower, then suggested that it really should be a 9mm lower.

Open up my email today and they're taking pre-orders for BOTH.

THAT'S INSANE!
View Quote

TC
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Honk Honk
View Quote
Lol boomer
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

GD was just as stupid 12 years ago when I got here.

Don't let the old guys tell you different. It was always a trainwreck (it might have been even worse).
View Quote

Honk honk!

TC
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I ran into @whiskersthecat when I was walking to go to work today, and we had this conversation:

I hope Hi-Point does end up selling them too and doesn't just call them "YC-9" but rather giant block letters "YEET CANNON" down the side of the slide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I might not buy one if it doesn't say YEET CANNON

I might buy two if it does.

Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The transition of firearms from tools to pop culture fetish objects bothers me .

The rise of the instagrambos tacticool #pewpewlife thing is a cancer IMO .

But I am not without sin I have a honey badger lower .
View Quote
This.  Guns aren't toys....as much as some people want them to be.  They are a tool, a machine that is cable of killing someone in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.

It's not a toy. I've never really understood some of this goofy stuff.....
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Shits gettin’ gay.
View Quote
Yep....fo sho!
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Making a P80 that looks like a Hellfire would be awesome.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This.  Guns aren't toys....as much as some people want them to be.  They are a tool, a machine that is cable of killing someone in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The transition of firearms from tools to pop culture fetish objects bothers me .

Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because you're old and out of touch. Move over old man, meme guns and #taclife is the new shit. And it actually gets people under 45 to buy firearms, unlike that fuddy shit about "muh huntin' gun" and all that.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not real unfortunately

But an amazing foam job:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/89q8j0/maliwan_hellfire_from_borderlands_by_pandoras/
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yep....fo sho!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shits gettin' gay.
Yep....fo sho!
Lol.

ITT: Fudds find out they're getting BTFO and yeeted on by new age CoD generation gunnery.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top