User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thread ending post.

IF they were in fact perfection, there would be ABSOLUTELY ZERO AFTERMARKET PARTS, NOR ANY NEED FOR SUCH PARTS.

Occam's Razor folks.
View Quote

Such perfection, they’ve had to refine it for 5 generations.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You mean the 19.5 correct? If so, then yes you are correct
View Quote

This is the way
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gen 3 was the high water mark
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my 19x but prefer my Gen 2 19.

But of all my Glocks, Gen 5 inclusive, my Gen 3 G22 would be the last one I’d part with. I’m a .45 caliber HK and 1911 guy anyway.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Still just a brick.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thread ending post.

IF they were in fact perfection, there would be ABSOLUTELY ZERO AFTERMARKET PARTS, NOR ANY NEED FOR SUCH PARTS.

Occam's Razor folks.
View Quote

Steak sauce exists, therefore steak is bad.

That's your logic.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, there WILL be a Glock 6.
You are wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#9]
....and if you buy this years model of new golf clubs, your handicap will go way lower than using those five year old models..
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thread ending post.

Occam's Razor folks.
View Quote

[he's right you know.gif]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thread ending post.

Occam's Razor folks.

Not really....the perfect sight, trigger, mag release or slide stop for me might not be the same one for you. The guy over there looking to shoot competitively will want a different setup than me, the guy who just wants to carry it.

Now, I'm not going to say the glock is perfect, but the ability to make a gun work better for you cheaply and easily adds to the "perfect" argument, not the other way around. Way better than a manufacturer that says "fuck you, you get what we say you get losers"
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thread ending post.

Occam's Razor folks.
View Quote

Wonder how many guys say this but own a brodozer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thread ending post.

Occam's Razor folks.
View Quote

"If the AR-15 were such a good gun there wouldn't be a ton of aftermarket parts and there would be no need for such parts."

See how silly this argument sounds?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A cheap, always works as designed, will take care of you gun, that has more aftermarket support than any other firearm on the planet?

Yep, nothing special about that
View Quote

There isn't. If all you aspire to is Honda level, go for it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

G45 moar better.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

The 19X has a cooler color!

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#16]
My Gen5 G19 is an incredibly good shooter. I will not argue with OP, but I will keep an eye out for more Gen5s
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I have both the 19 and the 17. Like them both, rock solid reliable. Sold my Gen 3 17 before I tried to do a stipple job myself, got full retail so no regrets.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I hate ambi slide catches... does nothing but get in the way. For the minimal amount of lefty freaks out there, it should be a factory option, but the vast majority of shooters will never use it.

I am the odd man out... I love the Gen4 17.
It fits may hand perfectly with the add on medium beavertail grip module cut off just below the pin, and I have yet to have a single malfunction in over 15,000+ rounds.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#19]
The fact that subsequent "Gen" versions are continually released, proofs the OP wrong.  I own several Glocks, including two Gen 5s and they're great.  However, they are far from perfect.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I hate ambi slide catches... does nothing but get in the way. For the minimal amount of lefty freaks out there, it should be a factory option, but the vast majority of shooters will never use it.

I am the odd man out... I love the Gen4 17.
It fits may hand perfectly with the add on medium beavertail grip module cut off just below the pin, and I have yet to have a single malfunction in over 15,000+ rounds.
View Quote

Gen4 was fine once they got the 9mm ejection tuned better. I just find the Gen5s shoot better. Gen4 didn’t suddenly become “your funeral” just because the 5s are out.

ETA and agree the ambi slide release was unnecessary at best.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#21]
OP is correct. I sold all of my gen 3s and replaced them with gen 5s. The G45 and G43x are tits.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I think they combined features of previous generations to make a pretty ideal and marketable Glock lineup. Above G19 size, I prefer the earlier G5 with moon cut similar to Gen1/2 Glocks.

I have owned at least one Glock from all the previous generations. When it comes down to it they are all pretty much the same. If you already have a G19 there really is no need to sell it or upgrade to G5 features. And in current circumstances get what you can find if you are in the market. I had a friend who was new to the gun world. He wanted a G19 but was holding out for a G5 at a reasonable price. He didn't own any other guns at the time. Yeah sure... get what you want... but when it comes down to it the generational changes are small and a lot of it is marketing. I think you are well served by nearly any Glock.

My first recommendation for a new buyer is usually the G19. I have always been a Glock guy. However there are a lot of good guns out there and potentially more ergonomic, accurate and modern. Personally I am considering expanding my horizons some and venturing out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Lack of tenifer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

all three of my sons are lefty... so it's a necessary evil in my home.

- Clint
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#26]
The latest gen P-10C is a better pistol than the gen 5 rev 2 Glock 19/19x/45.

That said, Glock still wins as an ecosystem due to widespread availability of OEM and aftermarket upgrades, parts, duty holsters, etc.

My two "go to war" pistols:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#27]

The Glock is the best handgun ever made. Everything else sucks. Why you might ask? Because I said so!

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#28]
OP is correct.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

"If the AR-15 were such a good gun there wouldn't be a ton of aftermarket parts and there would be no need for such parts."

View Quote

For those of you with this and similar responses, your forgetting ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING.

Ar 15 is not proclaiming itself as PERFECTION.

Make a claim like that, better be able to back it up. Glock can't do that, period. Now will come the craw-fishers saying "but but its only really ad copy", or some other lame bs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's your logic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thread ending post.

Occam's Razor folks.

That's your logic.

The gentiles will overlook your post, because they are smoothbrains who cannot comprehend the analogy.  

They also probably use ketchup on their steak like small children.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The gentiles will overlook your post, because they are smoothbrains who cannot comprehend the analogy.  

They also probably use ketchup on their steak like small children.
View Quote

At least we don't use these to cut our steaks:

And then berate people that use normal knives for not training enough.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Is there a Glock Gen5 in 10mm?    No.  Then the Glock Gen 5 is not perfection.

Where do I pick up my prize?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thread ending post.

Occam's Razor folks.
View Quote

Pedantic.
Not thread ending.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#36]
yeah
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#37]
No finger groves.....meh.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

For those of you with this and similar responses, your forgetting ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING.

Make a claim like that, better be able to back it up. Glock can't do that, period. Now will come the craw-fishers saying "but but its only really ad copy", or some other lame bs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s called marketing?

Did you vote for Trump to drain the swamp and deport illegals?
You fell for marketing.

You’re just making an ass of yourself here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the RTF2 texture.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#40]
If Gen 5 if perfection does that mean the previous generations weren't and Glock lied?

I am just confused on why there's five generations of perfection?

per·fec·tion
/p?r'fekSH(?)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah their marketing is so stupid! Their catch phrase should be "Glock: a pretty good gun with lots of aftermarket support"

Man, you should get a job with them and show them how it's done.

(FYI- Red Bull doesn't really give you wings either, just wanted to point that out before you hurt yourself)
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Gen 3 G34 is the best Glock.

They still make them for that reason.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If Gen 5 if perfection does that mean the previous generations weren't and Glock lied?

I am just confused on why there's five generations of perfection?

perfection
/prfekSH()n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects.
View Quote

Their marketing says "Glock Perfection", not Glock is perfection. The state of "glock perfection" will change as the technology and whims of the market change
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Gen 3 G34 is the best Glock.

They still make them for that reason.
View Quote

No, they make them because of CA
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#45]
They have been saying that for 30 years.  Why would you need a Gen 5 if Gen 1 was perfect?

Could it be they are full of shit and have a flawed product that they have failed to perfect in 3+ decades?  Or could it be that it is a good product, like many others, and has features that some people will like and some will not?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I've got all five generations covered. They work, and I love Glocks, but the entire perfection thing is in the eye of the beholder. My 1st Gen 17 shoots as good as a 5th Gen model, I don't buy off on the whole marksman barrel sales pitch. Add some good aftermarket sights and call it a day. Adding extended this, flared that, ambi whatever is a load of bullshit that some folks fall for, and I say that as a lefty.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Their marketing says "Glock Perfection", not Glock is perfection. The state of "glock perfection" will change as the technology and whims of the market change
View Quote

Oh.  So it's not perfection at all as the definition says, it's Glock's definition of perfection which means whatever they want it to mean.  

Totally not misleading to the public who sees perfection as what the dictionary and common usage means.    

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I think the 1911 platform has a wider aftermarket support than glock.

Lets face it, glock, you have a few people who do trigger stuff, sights we wont even count, anything cosmetic we wont count, a few barrel makers, thats about it. oh and a slide is a slide, just cosmetic

1911, throw out cosmetic and sights again, that leaves probably 30 different companies who do trigger, hammer, safties, grips, etc etc.

Glocks work, but the triggers suck ( i have not shot a gen 5 ) the grip angle is all wrong ( sure you can train to it, but its not natural ) You want different grips, well you can attack it with a soldering iron. Ok lets fix the grip angle, means you need to grind it away and build it up with glue.

I am not saying the 1911 is the be all end all, but glock certifiably is not.
View Quote

Well said. glocks do have an advantage in ease of parts swapping, the original tennifer metal treatment, and capacity.

But it IS an archaic 40 year old design with very little upgrades.

Meanwhile H&K, S&W, CZ, and Beretta have improved vastly in the user friendly natural grips, Reliability and accuracy, slimmer metal mags allowing slimmer grips, and better triggers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's your logic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thread ending post.

Occam's Razor folks.

That's your logic.

Are you saying only idiots modify their Glicks?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Oh.  So it's not perfection at all as the definition says, it's Glock's definition of perfection which means whatever they want it to mean.  

Totally not misleading to the public who sees perfection as what the dictionary and common usage means.    

View Quote

People already complain that Glock doesn't change enough. Would you rather that they stopped at the Gen1?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top