Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#1]
1911 Greg is manufacturing statements after the questions by arfcommers have been asked. He sees a bash on him and manufactures another line to hook you into thinking he is not really a bad guy. He is full of shit and deserves to lose his job.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Not saying what you did was wrong Greg.

But I'd darn sure make sure my own internet shit was wired tight right about now. Because if you've bragged to any of your employees about finding this kids MySpace, it's likely to get back to him.

Once that happens the internet spying game becomes a two way street rather quickly and if he's got a grain of talent and two working brain cells....he can be in your online ass pretty quickly.

Just a gentle reminder that you make to many enemies and the internet spying game can come back to haunt you real quick.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#3]
If this kid has any sort of character/ethics/conscience at all then this will be the best thing to happen to him..teach him a lesson that his parents should have taught him before he has a family to support...

On the other hand I suspect he's another in a long line of natural born fuckups that will use this as an excuse to continue fucking up and blaming others for his fucked up existence
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
1911 Greg is manufacturing statements after the questions by arfcommers have been asked. He sees a bash on him and manufactures another line to hook you into thinking he is not really a bad guy. He is full of shit and deserves to lose his job.

hows that, I think everyone who actually read the thread realized that I didnt fire him for partying on his off time.

I  think everyone assumed that its a 9-5 m- friday job when it is not.

I don't fire people for no reason, what would I have to gain from that.

but if you are a lazy, lying sack of shit your gone.  Let me guess motocam you have been fired a few times and it was always "the asshole boss" not your piss poor performance???
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:13:11 AM EDT
[#5]
We get "Sick / Personal" days.  6 per year.   Doesn't matter if you're sick, or just don't feel like coming to work, or need a couple days to tack onto a vacation.

I guess things are different elsewhere.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#6]
So does that mean you have a position available? I don't have a myspace account if that matters.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#7]
When you accept a job, you agree to show up to work on time and on the days you are supposed to be there.  An employee has the responsibility and even an obligation to control their off the clock activities so that they come to work ready to do work.

If an employee comes to work with a hang over, they have broken that agreement.  If an employee comes to work too tired to work, they have neglected their responsibilities.

In Texas, a right to work state, an employee can be dismissed for any reason.  However, if an employee is fired without just cause, that employer will have that former employee's unemployment compensation charged to his account.

For those of you who have never run a company allow me to point out the very obvious.  No employer wants to get rid of good employees and no employer can afford to keep bad employees.  If you don't give the boss a level of productivity that exceeds his cost of having you on the payroll, you ought to be terminated.

The purpose of a company is to make money for the owners.  It's purpose isn't to make sure that the employees have whatever lifestyle they desire.  An person's lifestyle is the responsibility of that person....not of their employer.

If you don't like the way your boss does things, please quit and form your own company and see how easy it is to turn a profit.  You will find that it is very hard work to break even, let alone have anything left over at the end of the month.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I never would have thought this many Arfcommers would defend irresponsibility.
Then again, I guess we've all fucked up once or twice in our time .
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hows that, I think everyone who actually read the thread realized that I didnt fire him for partying on his off time.

but if you are a lazy, lying sack of shit your gone.  Let me guess motocam you have been fired a few times and it was always "the asshole boss" not your piss poor performance???

lol....

I have never been fired and have held the same job for along time. Funny thing is, I see guys like you get canned all the time. That is no shit. You pried into his private life, that is not your business. If you were hiring him, I might understand a little, but if I caught you spying on my private life, you would have not gotten a "sorry" from me. You would be confronted with your actions, and dealt with. It would really hit the fan if you got on a message board and started bragging about your Uber cool counter-intelligence act
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:29:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol....

I have never been fired and have held the same job for along time. Funny thing is, I see guys like you get canned all the time. That is no shit. You pried into his private life, that is not your business. If you were hiring him, I might understand a little, but if I caught you spying on my private life, you would have not gotten a "sorry" from me. You would be confronted with your actions, and dealt with. It would really hit the fan if you got on a message board and started bragging about your Uber cool counter-intelligence act

how is it prying into his personal life?  He was suppose to be at work but was out getting drunk while all the good employees had to pull his weight.  And they all knew he was full shit and the problem worked itself out.

when your personal life effects your job its not really just your personal life.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
LOL, Well I for one assumed there was more to it from your first post but hey that's cause I've walked in your shoes.  The first post could have been better though.

the guy was not a stellar employee by any means i've had to deal with his shit in the past but this was a slam dunk.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LOL, Well I for one assumed there was more to it from your first post but hey that's cause I've walked in your shoes.  The first post could have been better though.

the guy was not a stellar employee by any means i've had to deal with his shit in the past but this was a slam dunk.

You may have done him a favor by firing him.  This can be used as a wake-up call for him to get his act together.  It isn't likely, but he might mature from this.

I'm with you on this.  An employee who blows off work needs to be fired.  It is an insult to good employees to keep bad employees on the payroll.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Were there any pictures of girls at the party? What...someone had to ask.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have never used it but what a resource for a employer to check out their employees.

so this guy calls in work saying how he is so ill he cannot even get out of bed, well he was dumb enough to post pics from a halloween party with references to Friday night and all of his friends were making comments on what a cool party it was...

idiots

makes my job easy.

I told him his fired, and he says u cannot fire me for being sick...

my reply, well my friend saw you at your halloween party you must have made one hell of a recovery.

his jaw just dropped and he said sorry and left.

Have fun paying him unemployment benefits.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Im one of those people who never miss work, and only take off days planned weeks in advance.

I work with people who like to call in just because they know if anything, Ill be there to take up the slack.

He probably needed to be fired anyway, but if the guy called in and it wasnt last minute type shit then i would reconsider especially if he had his shift covered.

I mean shit, do people actually take off when they are sick, hell no, if they feel bad they might as well go to work and save that day for when they want to go do something.

You surely know that if you are hiring people at a certain pay rate and age group, that yes they are gonna call in and go to a party. Because in reality, living their life means more to them at that point, than your pathetic minimum wage job that they dont plan on making a career of anyway.  

BTW Nice Power Trip. Hope he doesnt get liquored up and come in for a workplace shooting.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Gotta add my 2 centavos here.

First to the OP, good for firing a lying employee.

To the people who think Myspace or any other attention whore internet page is "private" you need to bone up on what exactly is and isn't private. Don't want someone to see it, don't post it on the web.

To all the people who say cut the little liar some slack, I can tell you don't have to worry about keeping a trustworthy work force.  You know who is responsible when a dishonest employee shafts the company (and they will eventually)?  You got it "da boss".

I have never fired an employee without cause but I have fired my share of liars, thieves and general lazy screw-offs.

When you say, "well he is a good employee except when..." you just proved they aren't really a good employee.

JMO
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

BTW Nice Power Trip. Hope he doesnt get liquored up and come in for a workplace shooting.

so i am suppose to be a pussy and let people walk all over me for fear of them comming back and shooting me.

you sound like a anti, just give the criminal what they want and you wont get hurt.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#19]
1911greg,

I take it you still can't pass a poly, huh?

I think I am starting to see why.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
1911greg,

Good luck.

Failed poly,

passed voice stress for the sheriffs department...

come on if you are a cop you know as well as I do that both tests are complete and utter bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
1911greg,

Good luck.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Right to work states are so cool ... you can fire someone for any non-Federal reason (age, sex, sexual orientation, race, national origin, or religion).

Oh, you're left-handed ... you're fired!

Hmmmm, forgot about the left handed part.

I always figured there were only three things left to use for discrimnation:

Fat, Stupid and Ugly.

I am a management representative for a multi-employer bargaining unit, and deal with labor unions for a living.

I actually won a a wrongful termination grievance using that argument.  Union claimed we had no grounds to fire the guy.

I told them that he was fired for being fat, stupid, and ugly...right in front of his face.

The union was aghast, and got all mad, made threats, etc.  The arbitration panel was trying not to laugh.

I asked the guy how much we weighed...he was 5'7" and weighed 320 lbs.  I asked him what ladder was rated to hold him?  None.  Strike one.  I asked him if he was trained in our apprenticeship...of course yes.  I asked him why he made so many mistakes on the job that were detailed in the Foreman's journal.  He didn't know, so I concluded that he either sabotaged the work, or is just stupid...he opted for stupid.  When I got to ugly, I just asked if he ever looked into the mirror...by this point, the guy was ready to kill me, but the deed was done.

Fat, stupid, ugly, and now LEFT HANDED...I like it.

Hax

Don't worry, soon FAT will be considered a disability and extra sensitivity must be used when dealing with the FAT.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#23]
motocam and chris may i ask what your line of work is?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Snooping on an employee's myspace and then firing the guy.......real class act.

So do you cyberstalk your female employees too or just the slacker rebel guys with  supple buttocks and hairless teen chests?

Senator Foley, is that you?

A myspace page is basically like taking out a full-page, color ad about yourself in the newspaper.  It ain't exactly meant to be private.

Still trying to determine if the part in red is meant sarcastically.

In my case, I have nothing on my profile that would be of interest to anyone.  You can restrict access to blog (journal) entries, and you can make the entire profile private/friends-only.  

Best idea with that stuff is to just practice good OPSEC - don't put stuff up if you don't want people knowing about it, and don't put your real name, contact info or anything like that up there (anything that could be searched for).  

+1000 my whole profile is set to private and i like it that way
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I've read all of page one and am not about ot read 4 more pages but it seems like everyone on page one assumes that the guy called in sick on MONDAY (or Saturday) and was fired for being hung over the day after the party.

I read the original post as the guy skipped work on FRIDAY, partied that night.

So give the OP a break.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Don't pry into my personal life too. Sounds like your mind is made up you did the right thing. So be it. I'm not gonna get into urinary olympics with ya.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
sorry should have clearified it was friday that he missed!

It's not your fault. The first post made perfect sense.  The rest of these guys have really poor reading comprehension and/or inductive logical ability.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't pry into my personal life too. Sounds like your mind is made up you did the right thing. So be it. I'm not gonna get into urinary olympics with ya.

come on, you dont even want to give us an idea?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:23:04 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't put a lot of faith in polygraph voodo.  With that said, I am leaning more towards the power aspect of the job.  It is a huge responsibilty.  I don't have any idea how old you are, but from some of your posts I think your maturity level may be holding you back.  Don't take that  as an offense, I didn't join the carnival until I was 28.  I couldn't have done it any sooner.  If I had I would probably be serving burgers and fries right now.  I see young guys get in trouble all the time.  If you really want the job, keep testing.  Just remember there is a huge difference between 21 and 28.  I really mean it when I say good luck.

By the way, I would not have fired the employee based on the information I have read so far(assuming he was otherwise productive), but you're the boss.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1911greg,

Good luck.

How many polygraphs have you taken high speed???
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I don't put a lot of faith in polygraph voodo.  With that said, I am leaning more towards the power aspect of the job.  It is a huge responsibilty.  I don't have any idea how old you are, but from some of your posts I think your maturity level may be holding you back.  Don't take that  as an offense, I didn't join the carnival until I was 28.  I couldn't have done it any sooner.  If I had I would probably be serving burgers and fries right now.  I see young guys get in trouble all the time.  If you really want the job, keep testing.  Just remember there is a huge difference between 21 and 28.  I really mean it when I say good luck.

By the way, I would not have fired the employee based on the information I have read so far(assuming he was otherwise productive), but you're the boss.

PM inbond if you want to talk offline...
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#32]
You didn't fire him...he fired himself.

You just informed him that his work there was done.

HH
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol....

Listen, genius, the guy skipped work in order to party.  If he had told 1911greg about it ahead of time and taken a vacation day -- no big deal.  He lied and used a "sick" day.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Right to work states are so cool ... you can fire someone for any non-Federal reason (age, sex, sexual orientation, race, national origin, or religion).

Hmmmm, forgot about the left handed part.

I always figured there were only three things left to use for discrimnation:

Fat, Stupid and Ugly.

I am a management representative for a multi-employer bargaining unit, and deal with labor unions for a living.

I actually won a a wrongful termination grievance using that argument.  Union claimed we had no grounds to fire the guy.

I told them that he was fired for being fat, stupid, and ugly...right in front of his face.

The union was aghast, and got all mad, made threats, etc.  The arbitration panel was trying not to laugh.

I asked the guy how much we weighed...he was 5'7" and weighed 320 lbs.  I asked him what ladder was rated to hold him?  None.  Strike one.  I asked him if he was trained in our apprenticeship...of course yes.  I asked him why he made so many mistakes on the job that were detailed in the Foreman's journal.  He didn't know, so I concluded that he either sabotaged the work, or is just stupid...he opted for stupid.  When I got to ugly, I just asked if he ever looked into the mirror...by this point, the guy was ready to kill me, but the deed was done.

Fat, stupid, ugly, and now LEFT HANDED...I like it.

Hax

Don't worry, soon FAT will be considered a disability and extra sensitivity must be used when dealing with the FAT.

Fuck that! im fat and i approve this firing.  If your weight adversely affects your ability to do your job, you need to lose weight or find a different job.  Im bigger than that guy (considerably taller too) and ive never had a problem doing labor intensive jobs, but im also not gonna be applying for any roofing jobs.

OP, good fire from where i stand.  If the kid cant man up to WHY he's not gonna be working, then he doesnt deserve to work. period.  Especially since im stuck working here tonight while everyone else is partying down.  Hell, im a full time student and nearly full time worker, and i still find time to have a pretty good social life.  The kid needs to learn how to manage his time better.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Without knowing more about the company policies (And I didnt read all 6 pages) I'm so glad I dont work for a Gestapo boss who fires people for no reason.

How the fuck do people like this get a job as a boss anyways? Should be mopping the damn floor.

But again, thats assuming their company policies are like ours. If its different, well then thats a different story.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Post his myspace address so we can see the "F&%K 1911Greg" reply.

And no, I didn't read the entire thread in case someone already asked.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yeah, unless you're the one getting fired for no reason at all.

AB
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#38]
What's that? A Glock, you're fired.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#39]
"You're fired, you're fuckin' FIRED Bob! 40 MILLION FUCKING DEUTSCHMARKS!?!?! I SAY 'GENEVA', YOU HEAR 'HELSINKI'?! 40 MILLION FUCKING DEUTSCHMARKS BOB?!?!?!?"
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, unless you're the one getting fired for no reason at all.

AB

bah, right to work made it possible for me to witness a guy get fired because "he's irritating."
My buddy and i worked for a farm. He worked full time as the Assistant Manager, and i was just parttime weekend help.  The kid in question was fired by my friend, being told "you have long passed the point where you are more irritating that useful... go."
well the kid and his dad came up the next day, ironically while we were lounging around the feed room shooting the breeze, and his dad starts into my friend saying "how can you fire my son just because you dont like him?" (the kid is standing behind daddy with a shiteating grin) to which my friend replied "i didnt fire him because i didnt like him, i fired him because he irritates me.  Not specific enough for you?  Your son does not show up on time for his scheduled shifts... the work day starts at 8, not 930.  When he is here, he doesnt do his job, he feeds animals the wrong food in the wrong amounts, he forgets to lock cages and leaves animals in the holding pens.  He refuses to clean the stalls, and he bombards us endlessly with his tales of teenage conquest while we are having to do the work he is supposed to have done.  When he doesnt come in to work high, he comes in hungover.  It is actually harder to do this job with his help that by myself.  He is stupid, lazy, and worthless.  He irritates me."  You shoulda seen the smile melt off this little bastard's face.
His dad, undeterred, says "you're calling my son lazy, but you two are just sitting in here doing nothing."

"sir, we're done already.  We finished feeding and cleaning the entire farm before lunch.  We are just waiting til it's time to feed the afternoon bottles."
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Sick leave is NOT vacation, it’s for being sick. Sick leave is a benefit that keeps people who are sick from coming into work and infecting the rest of the crew.

If you want a day off and you’re not sick, then you take vacation.

If you call in sick and you're not, then you are a liar.

Pretty Simple

You have never worked with civil service or contractors have you?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was taught growing up that you just didnt miss work unless someone died or you were in the hospital or couldnt move.

So you're the guy who brings the flu to work with you?

Thanks, buddy.

Seriously. I took a day off for sick leave, then came in the next day (still kinda sick). My supervisor told me to take that day off too so I didn't infect anyone else.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#44]
It's OK I got a BETTER job now.!!!!
I am At WALMART!!!!!
So Fuck YOU ALL!!!!!! I am Playing HL2 without YOU!!!!!!!
AND you CANT look at my myspace page anymore!!!!!
It's set to PRIVATE!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so i am suppose to be a pussy and let people walk all over me for fear of them comming back and shooting me.

you sound like a anti, just give the criminal what they want and you wont get hurt.

No your not supposed to be a Puss, And Im the Farthest thing from Anti.

I figure the kid deserved it, but he could probably give a shit less by today when he starts at the MC Drive thru.

But you need to recognize that hiring and firing are 2 different things, people take offense sometimes to the Firing especially if you come across as a dick, which is what it seemed by you coming straight on here and bragging. I hope no one tells him of your posts.

How can you bag on some kid for a Myspace page when you have 7500 posts on ARFCOM?

Of course you hired the fucking Punk anyways, Guess you need to add a ,"Whats your Myspace Page?" question to the Application.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No your not supposed to be a Puss, And Im the Farthest thing from Anti.

I figure the kid deserved it, but he could probably give a shit less by today when he starts at the MC Drive thru.

But you need to recognize that hiring and firing are 2 different things, people take offense sometimes to the Firing especially if you come across as a dick, which is what it seemed by you coming straight on here and bragging. I hope no one tells him of your posts.

How can you bag on some kid for a Myspace page when you have 7500 posts on ARFCOM?

Of course you hired the fucking Punk anyways, Guess you need to add a ,"Whats your Myspace Page?" question to the Application.

first off I didn't hire him, second I dont miss work, 3rd what Im i suppose to do suck his dick and sugar coat it while he lies to me to my face??

he can read this post all he wants he knows he fucked up and was in the wrong.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was taught growing up that you just didnt miss work unless someone died or you were in the hospital or couldnt move.

So you're the guy who brings the flu to work with you?

Thanks, buddy.

No shit, I hate the macho assholes that roll in sick and eventually make others sick then we have more lost time where as if they would have stayed home it would have only cost one person to miss work.

My company has unlimited sick time and we have guys that have never missed a day because they're stupid.

Yearly we are awarded $50 if we don't miss work or you can call in sick, not infect everyone and get paid for a full 12 hours to stay home.

Which is the better deal for the company and the employees?

Ha Ha!  I guess you hate me.   I never call in sick.  I work harder when I'm sick.  I make others sick?   Well, if they all weren't pussies and came to work anyway there wouldn't be a problem.  But they're all looking for the slightest excuse to miss any work they can.  "My uncle's roomate sneezed.... I need a day off."

fucking slackers.
I haven't called in sick in over 12 years. On the flip side, one of the other departments had a guy that had to leave early when his wife (also his cousin, btw) called him home because...the cat was sick. He also left early the next week when kitty checked out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

first off I didn't hire him, second I dont miss work, 3rd what Im i suppose to do suck his dick and sugar coat it while he lies to me to my face??

heh.
"say peter, it says here youve been missing a lot of work recently."
"well i wouldnt exactly say ive been missing it, bob."

This entire thread keeps making me think of office space.

"yeh i have a job, but i dont really like it.  I dont think im gonna go anymore"
"but wont you get fired?"
"I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go."
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:31:26 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

heh.
"say peter, it says here youve been missing a lot of work recently."
"well i wouldnt exactly say ive been missing it, bob."

This entire thread keeps making me think of office space.

"yeh i have a job, but i dont really like it.  I dont think im gonna go anymore"
"but wont you get fired?"
"I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go."

office space rocked. very funny movie
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#50]
I have no problem with what you did.

As someone mentioned before, when some jackass misuses sick time, the other employees often have pick up his/her slack: "Hey Bill, I know it's your day off, but Joe called in sick again. Can you come in and cover for him?" or "Beth is out sick today, so we're all going to have to work extra hard to get that project completed on time."

At my last job, I was constantly reminded of this fact. I worked with a lazy woman that wasn't much use when she actually did come in for work. We had pretty much the same job title and basically shared our workload. However, she would average about 5 hours in the office on days she actually did come in. My employer had flexible working hours, so as long as you got the job done, and put in at least 40 hours a week, you could come and go as you please. She usually came in at 10A and left at 4P (with at least an hour lunch in between). It was a large company, so no one really monitored her hours (except me, since I ended up doing her job when she was out), and they assumed she came in early and left early.

We also had a 'unlimited' sick time policy. This woman called in sick about once a week. At one point she took about three months off claiming a failed pregnacy. I don't know much about female problems, but I didn't believe a bit of it. Basically one day she came in claiming she was pregnant (not showing at all). About a week later she takes off, claiming the doctor said she needed to be bedridden due to difficulties with the 'pregnancy'. Three months later, she shows back up, claiming she lost the baby. Of course everyone is symphathetic, and noone (but me who had to do her work that whole time) thought to question the validity of her story.

Maybe I'm a bastard, and maybe her story was true. However, given her pattern of abusing the system, I assumed she was lying again.

In the end, I got a bit of revenge. I applied for a better position within the same department at my company. My company does this goofy group interview/presentation deal, so I had to present my qualifications in powerpoint to most of my team (she wasn't there, probably sick that day. ), including the big wigs of the department. Anywho, I had a couple slides showing my stats compared to my coworker. I didn't put her name on the graph, I just put 'Employee #2', but it was obvious to all there who 'Employee #2' was. My numbers showed that I was doing roughly 5 times the workload compared to 'Employee #2'. They all expressed a lot of surprise over that fact. In the end, I got the promotion, and she was left doing my old job AND hers. She quit shortly after.

And luckly I finally got out of there too. I HATE the corporate world!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top