Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm usually too busy texting to notice other drivers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
PIT them. Then call
I've called a few times myself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes

FDDs
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would, and I have.

When it's that obvious it's a serious safety concern.
View Quote

this x87

I don't give a shit if people do stupid stuff that gets them killed, its the gene pool cleaning itself.. However, when your stupid, starts putting me and my family or other people in jeopardy yes I will drop a dime and "Get the Man Involved".
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hate me all you want.

I've seen it before and have not called, it was a question and I gave an answer. I'm no neighborhood watch, I'll leave it at that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely call the cops.

I would, why did someone say no?

Hate me all you want.

I've seen it before and have not called, it was a question and I gave an answer. I'm no neighborhood watch, I'll leave it at that

When good men do nothing, amirite?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely call.

1. Dial 911.. Hello this is xxxxxx, off duty xxxx  following (car description) with plate xyz 123 on whatever road at whatever cross st or mile marker traveling in xxx direction. I'm in (whatever vehicle).

2. Follow vehicle while staying on the phone with dispatch for that area. Watch ensuing traffic stop.

3. ????

4.  Profit!

Amazingly enough the dispatch for a lot of areas about loses their minds when you give a coherent location, vehicle description, and direction of travel.

Or if I'm off duty in my AO, I'll call one of the guys I know is working.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, BTDT, and screw myob'ers in this case.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

WTF 13er

Yes call the cops for sure. I don't give a s**t about a drunk driver and you might just end up saving a life in the process.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I would probably invite the man into their lives.  Typically, I'm more for MYOB, but I couldn't live with myself if I didn't at least try to get them off the road and then they killed someone.  

Unfortunately PITing them myself would probably be frowned upon in most jurisdictions and would fuck up my car.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
A drunk driver killed my father , do you really want my opinion
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes. I have called it in before.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:29:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I worked evening shift for years and got off at midnight. I called in several of drunk driver calls on my way home.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I have called the police and would again.

If I had my way there would be bounty on drunk drivers

When i was young I drove a Tow truck. Seen dead people. One young dead girl sticks in my head.Her music was still playing "looks like we made it"....
I've seen pools of blood and teeth and had to deal with the stench of death.
I don't like drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I did it twice.

1st one was a shitty old Explorer swerving all over I-80 at night.  I called 911 and she asked me if I could get her a plate number.   I told her no,  as he blew by me doing around 100.  She asked if I could catch up to him and get the plate.  .   My car's top speed was 75 on a good day,  so that wasnt going to happen.    ISP caught up with him about 10 miles down the road.

2nd one was after this had occured:

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w529/afroney/0115002319_zpslriehw8x.jpg

I was the only witness as both drivers were knocked unconcious,  3 passengers were killed,  and one crippled.  I reached inside the sedan to shut the ignition off as fuel was gushing out of the tank.  I took a look around and about lost my lunch when I saw the mangled bodies of the backseat passengers.
View Quote

This wreck was on River Drive in Davenport and one of the mangled bodies was a cousin of mine Stephanie M. Smith... (not upset in anyway that you posted this, anything to help show the impact that a drunk driver has on people is fine by me). The driver was Dale Hofer and he is hopefully getting butt fucked everyday of his 25 year sentance. She was stupid to get in the car the way she did, sucks that it all went down...

http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-gets-years-for-triple-fatal-on-river-drive/article_4c6395d4-69c8-11df-ad82-001cc4c002e0.html
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Winner
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Do the police a favor, when you call in to 911 stay with the drunk until we can catch up.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Hell yes I would......drunk driver are the big pieces of shit that ever walk
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

No. Fuck the police.
View Quote

As a lifer you'd think you would have read the CoC before spending all that money on a pro-LE web site

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Probably not. I might try to pass him and get as far away from him as possible as quickly as possible. I would probably honk my horn at him as I passed.
View Quote

Genius you are not
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yes I'd call, and I have before. Could save a life or two.
View Quote

I've done it 2 times, I don't know if the cops caught them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

WTF 13er

Yes call the cops for sure. I don't give a s**t about a drunk driver and you might just end up saving a life in the process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

WTF 13er

Cuz 13 has everything to do with it
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I've called the highway patrol twice when I was following a drunk driver. My family is on the road.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

WTF 13er

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have personally declared dozens of innocent people dead from fuck head drunk drivers killing them, including many kids.  I've been on the hose line and put burning children out from the fiery DUI crash.  DUI apologists can go fuck themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

I have personally declared dozens of innocent people dead from fuck head drunk drivers killing them, including many kids.  I've been on the hose line and put burning children out from the fiery DUI crash.  DUI apologists can go fuck themselves.

This too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:01:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Called the police on multiple occasions. I even followed one where he ran a light,and at the second light t-boned a girls truck on passenger side fender. He glanced off hit a light post and stumbled out drunk without a scratch the girl left on a stretcher I had already called the cops then gave a statement.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This wreck was on River Drive in Davenport and one of the mangled bodies was a cousin of mine Stephanie M. Smith... (not upset in anyway that you posted this, anything to help show the impact that a drunk driver has on people is fine by me). The driver was Dale Hofer and he is hopefully getting butt fucked everyday of his 25 year sentance. She was stupid to get in the car the way she did, sucks that it all went down...

http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-gets-years-for-triple-fatal-on-river-drive/article_4c6395d4-69c8-11df-ad82-001cc4c002e0.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did it twice.

1st one was a shitty old Explorer swerving all over I-80 at night.  I called 911 and she asked me if I could get her a plate number.   I told her no,  as he blew by me doing around 100.  She asked if I could catch up to him and get the plate.  .   My car's top speed was 75 on a good day,  so that wasnt going to happen.    ISP caught up with him about 10 miles down the road.

I was the only witness as both drivers were knocked unconcious,  3 passengers were killed,  and one crippled.  I reached inside the sedan to shut the ignition off as fuel was gushing out of the tank.  I took a look around and about lost my lunch when I saw the mangled bodies of the backseat passengers.

Shit...  Sorry to hear that. Small world.

I testified against him as the only one that actually saw and remembered the crash.   He flew by me doing 80+ and lost control as he cut back in front of me. I am still in disbelief that Dale managed to get by with very little injury considering the forces involved. Even the driver of the oncoming Dodge Pickup suffered some nasty injuries.  

I still have a letter somewhere from the DPD thanking me for stopping,  calling,  and testifying.   There were a bunch of people that drove right around the scene seconds after I had stopped.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes I'd call, and I have before. Could save a life or two.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes, call!  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:18:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:19:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I testified against him as the only one that actually saw and remembered the crash.   He flew by me doing 80+ and lost control as he cut back in front of me. I am still in disbelief that Dale managed to get by with very little injury considering the forces involved. Even the driver of the oncoming Dodge Pickup suffered some nasty injuries.  

I still have a letter somewhere from the DPD thanking me for stopping,  calling,  and testifying.   There were a bunch of people that drove right around the scene seconds after I had stopped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did it twice.

This wreck was on River Drive in Davenport and one of the mangled bodies was a cousin of mine Stephanie M. Smith... (not upset in anyway that you posted this, anything to help show the impact that a drunk driver has on people is fine by me). The driver was Dale Hofer and he is hopefully getting butt fucked everyday of his 25 year sentence. She was stupid to get in the car the way she did, sucks that it all went down...

No worries, and thanks for stopping and also testifying. At that time of night many of the people on that road I would suspect are coming from the bars due to the village of E. Davenport and wouldn't want to get involved in that. That road is a death trap for many unfortunately... Kinda crazy, went to a birthday party last night in E. Davenport and thought of this wreck.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Absolutely call.

How bad would a person feel if they didn't call and then learned that a car matching the description

was involved in a wreck that killed someone?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

First post did not nail it. Way to go.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Yes,absolutely.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I would and I have.
View Quote

Yep and yep.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:31:05 AM EDT
[#39]
I've done that many times. called the cops

Hell, I've even called in about drunk cops in their radio cars. patrol cars. (since apparently "radio car" is a dated term now.) Although, I tend to first assume the patrol car's driver is just tired rather than drunk.

ETA: added clarifying remarks before GD burns me at the stake.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd call.  They can find their own PC for the stop though.

If it's obvious enough for me to call, they should have no problem observing a violation.
View Quote

The officer who responded to our call was very smart  about this. The truck driver almost hit him when he swerved past the on ramp. The officer got behind him and lit him up for @ 30 seconds then turned his lights off. The driver was obviously confused by that and started swerving all over. The officer lit him up again and pulled him over. He knew exactly how to get his own PC.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

WTF 13er

Fucking 13ers.  Still living up to the stereotype.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:45:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No. Fuck the police.
View Quote

Really dude?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm a libertarian and my father has a DUI conviction and it's still a deffinate yes. How can anyone MYOB in this situation, people could die.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Guy has a non-922r compliant rifle = MYOB.

Guy has a homebuilt suppressor with no paperwork = MYOB.

Guy could kill an innocent at literally any moment because he's driving impaired = Call the cops.
View Quote

Couldn't have said it better!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:00:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Wow. An Arfcommer who testified to the death of another's cousin. Small world.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:03:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

I just knew you was a 13er before I saw your join date ...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm happy to see neighborhood watch is in full swing
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:17:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Followed a car home tonight on a 2 way highway.The car ahead of us was obviously impaired.The car would swerve into oncomming traffic, and then whip the car back so  fast,,he would hit the gravel shoulder.The swearving happend at least a  dozen  times, in the course of 15 miles.On  2 occasions, the person drove in the right turn lane, but  then wipped the car back into his lane, when the turn lane ended.The guy also could not figure out  when to use his bright, and dim  lights.Finally the person would signal to take  a left turn, where i know there was no turns there.
The person was obviously in no shape to drive.What would you do?MYOB? or try to get this person off the road before he kills someone, or himself?
View Quote

Are you an idiot? Seriously did the IQ barrier drop today. Yes you call the police.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Somebody play Riders on the Storm to go with this thread

ETA

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:25:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Exactly. I could not have said it better myself.

Fuck drunk drivers and fuck any selfish cowards that do not have the courage to report them.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top