Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 30
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A my wife thought I was crazy to brick up the front door.

Speaking of that, how are those airdrops working out?

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of noise was the complaint about?

The police said that they had been to the home before...for what?

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How come when it is an innocent person involved all shots hit their mark, but when its a dickbag cop killer involved its 130 shots fired and 2 hit, non fatal?

It's much easier to hit a target that's not shooting back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Jail time for the officer. End of discussion

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What kind of noise was the complaint about?

The police said that they had been to the home before...for what?

JUST STOP RIGHT THERE, MISTER!  Information will only lead to the ruin of a perfectly good witch hunt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag. Morganton is a small town.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I would like to hear the whole story.  If the kid crossed the line and the Cop shot him, than it is to bad for the kid.  But if the Cop jumped the gun and shot the kid, than the Cop should go to jail and his employer should pay big time so they have some skin in the game to better train and/or be more careful in who they give a gun to and send out in the night.

Regardless which it is, the situation sucks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I dont see you on the monitor and I dont hear you when I ask you to announce yourself on the intercomm I dont open the door period. If then you identify yourself as a LEO then I doublecheck the DVR to see your squad car, if all that checks out I will ask them to step outside the screen porch so I can come outside and close the door behind myself to talk to them. If after all that one screws up and shoots me at least I have video and audio to have posted here so there is no doubt what happened.

Watch out for the audio in your security cameras... that can be considered eavesdropping or wiretapping, and require consent of both parties.

I don't know how it is in Florida... you might want to double-check on that, otherwise your evidence can get thrown out in court, and a bad guy could walk.

I would think that a sign posted at the front door that you are being recorded on vid with sound would take care of that.

I would think so. My house, my rules. You have no expectation of privacy on my property.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#9]
The article says that the Police Officer identified himself when he knocked on the door.

Now how many of you hear what someone says through your front door? Since it was a noise complaint, it stands to reason that the TV or radio, or whatever was pretty loud to begin with. So what are the odds that anyone besides the fellow Officer heard the identification?

Even without the TV on I struggle to hear knocking at my front door if I'm in the bedroom. So I sure as shit wouldn't hear "Police! open up" clearly. I'd hear something, but would likely be unable to tell what it was.

Knock on my door at any time, when I'm not expecting you, and you'll see a firearm present at the low ready. Knock on my door in the middle of the night and it might be at a high ready.

Imagine you are a 17 year old kid who stays out of trouble, and one night someone knocks on your door, so you answer with your rifle at the low ready as you always do, after all this trailer park ain't the safest, and it's late at night which usually means trouble. You are greeted with flashlights shining in your eyes, blinding you, and some guys are yelling at you. Perhaps you instinctively raise an arm to try to shield your eyes from the blinding light. Before your brain can process this flood of new experiences and figure out that it's the Police you are mere feet from and whom are pointing handguns at you, you see flashes and impacts...

Tag for more details.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#10]
yeah that trailer park is such a great part of town. never any dirt bags in that area.
police have been to the house before. why?
noise complaint. what was going on? a party maybe? with alcohol, that the "kid" may have been consuming?
see i can jump to just as many conclusions as the witch hunters.

this website has a sickening hate for the police, because everyone knows they are a bunch of blood thirsty, trigger happy nazis.

i guess speeding tickets and being held accountable for your own actions are a bitch.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would think so. My house, my rules. You have no expectation of privacy on my property.

So murder, prostitution, slavery, gambling, etc are acceptable in your house despite any state/fed laws against those actions?

Not sure how the video/audio taping of LE on private property would play out in every state.

Brian
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I shoot a cop that comes to my door, will I go to jail, or will I be put on paid vacation until the investigation and inevitable trial is over?

The guy in Va Beach who had a plain-clothes cop and his buddy try to break into his house (via a botched no-knock-ish raid based on the word of a CI with a grudge against the suspect who was told to break into the suspect's home to find evidence of an MJ grow operation - which turned out to be Japanese Maple trees) in the middle of the night and fired to defend himself got sent to jail for 10 years.  It is abundantly clear that civilian use of force is held to a MUCH stricter standard than police use of force.

And civilians don't get a crew of experts who are typically "brothers" to back them up

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I'm 99.999% certain Ryan's defense team admitted he had a small "personal" grow operation (and not bonsai).

Personal "grow operations" do not justify warrants for no-knock raids in the middle of the night.  That entire case was fucked from the get-go...

Not debating that - was just addressing the "which turned out to be Japanese Maple trees" assertion.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

yeah that trailer park is such a great part of town. never any dirt bags in that area.

noise complaint. what was going on? a party maybe? with alcohol, that the "kid" may have been consuming?

this website has a sickening hate for the police, because everyone knows they are a bunch of blood thirsty, trigger happy nazis.

i guess speeding tickets and being held accountable for your own actions are a bitch.

Actually is doesn't. There are just a few very vocal emotional haters.  Of which (if you look at the MJ threads) are dopers.

Big surprise, huh.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

According to the responses on the news site (and take those with a huge grain of salt); He was shot 4 times in the back.

This needs to be confirmed or removed.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I shoot a cop that comes to my door, will I go to jail, or will I be put on paid vacation until the investigation and inevitable trial is over?

The guy in Va Beach who had a plain-clothes cop and his buddy try to break into his house (via a botched no-knock-ish raid based on the word of a CI with a grudge against the suspect who was told to break into the suspect's home to find evidence of an MJ grow operation - which turned out to be Japanese Maple trees) in the middle of the night and fired to defend himself got sent to jail for 10 years.  It is abundantly clear that civilian use of force is held to a MUCH stricter standard than police use of force.

And civilians don't get a crew of experts who are typically "brothers" to back them up

I'm 99.999% certain Ryan's defense team admitted he had a small "personal" grow operation (and not bonsai).

Personal "grow operations" do not justify warrants for no-knock raids in the middle of the night.  That entire case was fucked from the get-go...

Not debating that - was just addressing the "which turned out to be Japanese Maple trees" assertion.

Didn't want to hijack the thread for this, but the plants in question (cited by the CI) were the Japanese Maples.  He had a couple ounces in his house for "personal use."  I think that might be what you're confusing.  There were "growing materials" (which are plastic tubs, fertilizer and gardening books - found in almost any home).

Replace MJ with AR-15's, and a Grow Operation with "arsenal of fully-automatic weapons and piles of ammunition" and Ryan Fredrick's story could be that of anyone on this board.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Another reason every single cop on patrol needs to have a personal video recorder, no excuses.

and that's why it'll never happen
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just sit back and watch for a while.  GD is like watching a group of special-ed kids on a playground.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
and being held accountable for your own actions are a bitch.

It is truly too bad when this does not work both ways.  Wouldn't you say?

No I guess you would not.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sit back and watch for a while.  GD is like watching a group of special-ed kids on a playground.

'cuz... you're above all that, right?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually is doesn't. There are just a few very vocal emotional haters.  Of which (if you look at the MJ threads) are dopers.

Big surprise, huh.

i guess i dont see this. it seems to me that there are litterally thousands of confrontations between cops and the public everyday in america. its amazing shit doesnt go way worse then it usually does. every 54 hours a police officer dies in america. this is a proven fact. now how many citizens do the police kill every 54 hours? on a statistical basis usually 0.
citizens kill each other at a way more alarming rate and 99% of the time its not a justified use of deadly force.
all the "experts" on this site probally have exactly 0 hours of training on use of deadly force.(other than l.e. and our military)
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#22]
sorry if i fucked up this thread with facts. id hate to ruin a perfectly good hate fest.
how can anyone come to any conclusion from that shitty article?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would think so. My house, my rules. .You have no expectation of privacy on my property

So murder, prostitution, slavery, gambling, etc are acceptable in your house despite any state/fed laws against those actions?

Not sure how the video/audio taping of LE on private property would play out in every state.

Brian

I believe he was speaking to....You have no expectation of privacy on my property
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:32:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to be to maintain that whole 'Us v. Them' mentality that everyone here keeps talking about.  The problem is that I only see that mentality perpetuated by people not aligned with LE.  Take a minute to read both the thread titles and responses here in the playground to make your own determination.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I need more info but so far it seems like a bad shoot.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, this is just tragic. Tag for updates.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

no. You will be arrested for murder.

The policy is different depending on who gets shot in that scenario.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Cops are human… they make mistakes… when those mistakes cost someone their lives the cop should be held accountable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never witnessed any group collectively "put down" GD or Arfcom as a whole as much as the Bluethers....
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I need more info but so far it seems like a bad shoot.

you must have special mental abilities.
to jump to that conclusion from the article.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Two officers responded to the disturbance call, but only one fired his gun.

This sentence sums up the situation pretty clearly to me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never witnessed any group collectively "put down" GD or Arfcom as a whole as much as the Bluethers....

then you must be reading impaired.
continue to bash away, but i wonder how many will come back to this thread and eat shitif this turns out to be a good shoot.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't want to hijack the thread for this, but the plants in question (cited by the CI) were the Japanese Maples.  He had a couple ounces in his house for "personal use."  I think that might be what you're confusing.  There were "growing materials" (which are plastic tubs, fertilizer and gardening books - found in almost any home).

Replace MJ with AR-15's, and a Grow Operation with "arsenal of fully-automatic weapons and piles of ammunition" and Ryan Fredrick's story could be that of anyone on this board.

Agree not wanting to hijack - that said:

"We can, put to rest a few lingering questions. Broccoletti admitted Frederick grew marijuana, but only for his own use and not for sale."

From his defense attorney's opening statement.

http://tidewaterliberty.wordpress.com/2009/01/21/ryan-frederick-trial-begins/
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Two officers responded to the disturbance call, but only one fired his gun.

This sentence sums up the situation pretty clearly to me.

how many shootings you been involved in.
thats what i thought.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree not wanting to hijack - that said:

"We can, put to rest a few lingering questions. Broccoletti admitted Frederick grew marijuana, but only for his own use and not for sale."

From his defense attorney's opening statement.

http://tidewaterliberty.wordpress.com/2009/01/21/ryan-frederick-trial-begins/

sir,
you get out of here with those pesky facts. how dare you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never witnessed any group collectively "put down" GD or Arfcom LE Officers as a whole as much as the Bluethers ARFCOM GD....

The street runs both ways.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jail time for the officer. End of discussion

You derived that from the all of the info (100% correct I'm sure) from the small little news article?  

The first apologist has shown up.

Well after the first dumbass kneejerk reactionary did.....

Brian

"Hello, Kettle?  This is Pot.  I want to tell you something..."
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

According to the responses on the news site (and take those with a huge grain of salt); He was shot 4 times in the back.

Oh Snap!

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Damn. That's rough.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Presence of a weapon =/= a lethal threat to the officer let alone justification for use of deadly force.  If you can't (or won't) wrap your brain around that, hang up your badge.

Presence of a cop =/= a lethal threat to citizens on their own property and is a justification for use of deadly force when said cops don't ID themselves, and in the  middle of the night make damn sure threatened citizens can see their uniforms and badges.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sounds like the cops did everything right, according to the cops quoted in the story.

Perhaps.  But then, according to the cops the cops are always right.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Presence of a weapon =/= a lethal threat to the officer let alone justification for use of deadly force.  If you can't (or won't) wrap your brain around that, hang up your badge.

Presence of a cop =/= a lethal threat to citizens on their own property and is a justification for use of deadly force when said cops don't ID themselves, and in the  middle of the night make damn sure threatened citizens can see their uniforms and badges.

If you gathered all of that information from the posted article then the Amazing Kreskin is about to be out of work.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Hmm . . .lots of unanswered questions from the article, but a big one would be was the "long gun" that cause the officers to be in "fear" of their lives actually a real gun or a fake one?  Article states the kid was in ROTC so odds are he had a "long gun" issued by his school's ROTC for practicing various drills/routines.  Be pretty sad to find out he had the music turned up while practicing with his non-working rifle and then lost his life because a officer decided to shoot first and ask questions later when the kid opened the door.  If the cops were there for a noise complaint, the kid probably couldn't hear them ID themselves in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was probably just resisting. Why would an innocent person resist?

FUCK the po - leece

He made a move for his holster.......

Ah wait a minute....... He had a rifle....... Well, they felt threatened......

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why it is very important to show up for jury duty.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Jesus.

Are we gonna need Door-Cams?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

continue to bash away, but i wonder how many will come back to this thread and eat shitif this turns out to be a good shoot.

A ROTC kid was gunned down answering the door at this house.  I have no doubt that the police that judge the police will rule it as "justified" but you are nuts if you think there is anything "good" about this shooting.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A ROTC kid was gunned down answering the door at this house with a rifle in his hand.  I have no doubt that the police that judge the police will rule it as "justified" but you are nuts if you think there is anything "good" about this shooting.

I will agree with you that there is nothing "good" about this or any shooting.

(I am also agreeing with you just to mess with your mind)
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Jesus.

Are we gonna need Door-Cams?

I have one.

You should too.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top