Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've never witnessed any group collectively "put down" GD or Arfcom LEas a whole as much as the Bluethers certain folks in GD....

Hmm, I made a minor change and it seems to fit......

Brian

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
That sucks. I'd never answer the door in middle of the night unarmed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jail time for the officer. End of discussion

You derived that from the all of the info (100% correct I'm sure) from the small little news article?  

The first apologist has shown up.

Well after the first dumbass kneejerk reactionary did.....

Brian

"Hello, Kettle?  This is Pot.  I want to tell you something..."

What is it, Pot?

Care to quote what I've said about this shooting?

Brian
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sounds like the cops did everything right, according to the cops quoted in the story.

"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem."
- ––JOSEF STALIN
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]

This is why I feel sorry for any officer that comes to my house in the middle of the night. Because if I answer my door in the middle of the night I'm going to have a gun and I will use it.

If the officer sees I have a gun and goes for his I'm sorry he want make it home to his family.

I can't take the chance that he will shoot me are shoot me after he tells me to put it down because I'm not putting the gun down fast enough are in a way that makes him happy.

All I can say is this is because of the way so many officers act. Just like so many here who defend them for their actions and say well they can't know that you wouldn't shoot are know what you are thinking, I cant know these things either and I can't take that chance nor will I.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
According to the responses on the news site (and take those with a huge grain of salt); He was shot 4 times in the back.

"Uh, yeronner, we, uh, fired uh warning shots in the perp's back, dere, hey"

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Police are not justified in shooting every armed person they see.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is why I feel sorry for any officer that comes to my house in the middle of the night. Because if I answer my door in the middle of the night I'm going to have a gun and I will use it.

If the officer sees I have a gun and goes for him I'm sorry he want make it home to his family.

I can't take the chance that he will shoot me are shoot me after he tells me to put it down because I'm not putting the gun down fast enough are in a way that makes him happy.

All I can say is this is because of the way so many officers act. Just like so many here who defend them for their actions and say well they can't know that you wouldn't shoot are know what you are thinking, I cant know these things either and I can't take that chance nor will I.

Is Charley Brown in your classroom?

Brian

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Cops at it again awesome...
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Did they order him to drop his weapon?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If the officer sees I have a gun and goes for him I'm sorry he want make it home to his family.

With that attitude you might want to feel sorry for yourself.  If the Officers are justified in being at your house and you shoot one, get ready because more are coming and it wont end well for you because it will most definitely be one or the other.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is Charley Brown in your classroom?

Brian

So are you saying if I answered my door with a gun you would not draw your weapon and possibly shoot me if you saw the gun?

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to the responses on the news site (and take those with a huge grain of salt); He was shot 4 times in the back.

What part of that article mentions that he was shot in the back?  You are basing your comment upon some anonymous comment posted on the newsite?  Really?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Presence of a weapon =/= a lethal threat to the officer let alone justification for use of deadly force.  If you can't (or won't) wrap your brain around that, hang up your badge.

No it doesn't. Presence of a weapon only constitutes Means, possibly Opportunity but still lacks Intent. A threat needs all three to make the use of deadly force justified by police.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Presence of a weapon =/= a lethal threat to the officer let alone justification for use of deadly force.  If you can't (or won't) wrap your brain around that, hang up your badge.

No it doesn't. Presence of a weapon only constitutes Means, possibly Opportunity but still lacks Intent. A threat needs all three to make the use of deadly force justified by police.

See GseriesFal... This right here is where I get to post the RIF acronym
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So are you saying if I answered my door with a gun you would not draw your weapon and possibly shoot me if you saw the gun?

I'm saying you sound like C.B's teacher - "wah, wah, wah, blah, blah, blah"

Brian

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I thought this was the "eye for an eye" board...

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

Calling names but still you didn't answer my question. I think it is because we both know the answer but I will ask again.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#19]

I know the cops in my small town...
one didnt graduate high school and had to get a GED..
I never knew him to have an interest in guns..
I would not want him pounding on my door in the middle of the night,  he would probably shoot his foot and ricochet into my house.
There are some well trained cops in the bigger cities but alot of small town cops have no training and almost never shoot their guns..
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#20]
The scary part of all this, after all is said and done, is that there is a lingering suspicion in the minds of citizens that many police think that they can shoot any armed person under the cover of "Officer Safety" or "I felt threatened." Perhaps if you feel threatened by the fact that a citizen is armed, you need to change careers or got to Haiti or someplace else where only police and soldiers are armed. Then you might not feel threatened any more.

When honest people have to be more afraid of the police than the bad guys, something is wrong.

The present case aside, the more I think about this the angrier I get.

I live in a state where the fastest growing indoor sport is home invasion. I never open my door without looking out from someplace else to see who it is, and you can bet your ass that if it is the middle of the night I will be armed.

Enough!
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
did his dog survive?

No dogs were harmed in the making of this news article.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like the cop was one of those pansies when it came to guns...

It might get me killed someday, but if I become a cop, shooting everybody that has a gun will NOT be my first path of action...
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The scary part of all this, after all is said and done, is that there is a lingering suspicion in the minds of citizens that many police think that they can shoot any armed person under the cover of "Officer Safety" or "I felt threatened." Perhaps if you feel threatened by the fact that a citizen is armed, you need to change careers or got to Haiti or someplace else where only police and soldiers are armed. Then you might not feel threatened any more.

When honest people have to be more afraid of the police than the bad guys, something is wrong.

The present case aside, the more I think about this the angrier I get.

I live in a state where the fastest growing indoor sport is home invasion. I never open my door without looking out from someplace else to see who it is, and you can bet your ass that if it is the middle of the night I will be armed.

Enough!

Now, now.  That's simply not true.

The person doesn't have to be armed.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That sucks. I'd never answer the door in middle of the night unarmed.

BIG +1.  Who the hell answers their damned door at 2-3am anyway???  

Some idiot starts banging on my door at that time of night isn't gonna get ANY results, other than the popo questioning his ass if he hangs around too long.  Heaven forbid if they try to force their way in.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With that attitude you might want to feel sorry for yourself. If the Officers are justified in being at your house and you shoot one, get ready because more are coming and it wont end well for you because it will most definitely be one or the other.

I based my comment only on what was in the article.

It didn't say why they were at his house only that they were in the trailer park responding to a noise complaint.

This kid could have been asleep in his bed and the cops knocked on his door to see if he had heard anything. He had no reason to believe cops would be at his door.

Just like you if it was after midnight and you hear a knock at the door would you think it was the cops? Would you answer the door with a gun?

If you did and someone in uniform with a gun shoots and kills you would you be ok with this? Who is going to take care of you family the cop that shot you?

Maybe the city after how many years of legal battles.

You have a 50/50 chance the officer want shoot you if he does shoot you may die and death is final. If he draws and you shoot him you have a good chance with a good lawyer of being found not guilty.

This all depend on the circumstances surrounding the shooting.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With that attitude you might want to feel sorry for yourself. If the Officers are justified in being at your house and you shoot one, get ready because more are coming and it wont end well for you because it will most definitely be one or the other.

I based my comment only on what was in the article.

It didn't say why they were at his house only that they were in the trailer park responding to a noise complaint.

This kid could have been asleep in his bed and the cops knocked on his door to see if he had heard anything. He had no reason to believe cops would be at his door.

Just like you if it was after midnight and you hear a knock at the door would you think it was the cops? Would you answer the door with a gun?

If you did and someone in uniform with a gun shoots and kills you would you be ok with this? Who is going to take care of you family the cop that shot you?

Maybe the city after how many years of legal battles.

You have a 50/50 chance the officer want shoot you if he does shoot you may die and death is final. If he draws and you shoot him you have a good chance with a good lawyer of being found not guilty.

This all depend on the circumstances surrounding the shooting.

This is a way too level headed assessment. Please promptly remove it from GD.

As for the rest of you, you guys disgust me. There is no way you can gets this:

from this article:

MORGANTON, N.C. –– A 17-year-old boy was killed in an officer-involved incident in Morganton.

Morganton public safety officers responded to a noise complaint at Independence mobile home park, located on Air Park Drive, just after midnight on Monday.

The teenager answered the door and was armed with a long gun, officers said.

Family members said Michael Sipes, who was a Freedom High School student and a member of the ROTC, died after being hit by gunfire.

Two officers responded to the disturbance call, but only one fired his gun.

Area resident Korey Forneysaid he never heard the officers identify themselves as police, but said he heard at least four gunshots.

"They didn't identify themselves as police,” he said. "That's why he came outside. But he had (the gun) in a position where he wasn't going to fire.”

Mark Tolbert, chief of Morganton Public Safety, said the officer did identify himself when he knocked on the door.

Family members said they are left with many questions.

"He was going to go in the army next year," Sipes’ stepmother, Angie Cook, said. "He was a good kid. He didn't bother nobody. He tried to help everybody he could.”

Public safety officials said they have been called to the home before. Tolbert said he thinks the officer who fired feared for his life.

"I do believe the officer did feel threatened,” Tolbert said. "The proximity, … the weapon presence, his recognition of the weapon at the outset.”

Agents with the State Bureau of Investigation are helping with the investigation. Until it is completed, both officers are on paid administrative leave

I hope someday you can get over you phobia of authority.
John
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep!
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#29]
It's a wonder the cop actually managed to hit his target.  Scumbag trigger-happy cop.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
yeah that trailer park is such a great part of town. never any dirt bags in that area.
police have been to the house before. why?
noise complaint. what was going on? a party maybe? with alcohol, that the "kid" may have been consuming?
see i can jump to just as many conclusions as the witch hunters.

this website has a sickening hate for the police, because everyone knows they are a bunch of blood thirsty, trigger happy nazis.

i guess speeding tickets and being held accountable for your own actions are a bitch.

I'd say about 75% of the cops out there, Are power hungry, Nazi's.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#31]
WOW, This thread really brought out the scum of GD.

I actually had to go outside to see if there is a full moon.
John
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
WOW, This thread really brought out the scum of GD.

John

Nah,
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So, the mere presence of a firearm is grounds for shooting civilians? Just bang, bang, before they can get a word in?

Seems to be....Hell, talking on a cellphone here in Denver is grounds for a pooolice asskicking...
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah that trailer park is such a great part of town. never any dirt bags in that area.

noise complaint. what was going on? a party maybe? with alcohol, that the "kid" may have been consuming?

this website has a sickening hate for the police, because everyone knows they are a bunch of blood thirsty, trigger happy nazis.

i guess speeding tickets and being held accountable for your own actions are a bitch.

That is way of out there and BS. Lots of cops that do their job and are good at it.
<o:p></o:p>

There a lot of people don't like them for it.
<o:p></o:p>

Cops have a lot of power more than I think they should, but large groups of people support small lobbyist with agenda that push for laws that give cops these powers.

Want cops to have less power fight the lobbyist and elect people who are for small government.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

They need to be arrested given a trial AND if it the truth is as reported sentenced for homicide.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never witnessed any group collectively "put down" GD or Arfcom LEas a whole as much as the Bluethers certain folks in GD....

Hmm, I made a minor change and it seems to fit......

Brian

Yeah you pretty much have that right.  Of course all they do is sit behind their keyboards and talk a bunch of shit they have little to no understanding about.  They believe that cops such as in this situation are somehow happy or elated about the events that transpired. Retarded isn't an apt description of our normal police bashers, as they give retards a bad name.
Quoted:

If the officer sees I have a gun and goes for his I'm sorry he want make it home to his family.

And here we have a shining example who believes he's under the scrutiny of the Gestapo, Stasi, and KGB all at once.......  Good luck with your plan to have an armed stand off with the police because you refuse to put your gun down after they've identified themselves and you know they're the police.  Seriously, put down the bong.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That is way of out there and BS. Lots of cops that do their job and are good at it. <o:p></o:p>

There a lot of people don't like them for it.<o:p></o:p>

Cops have a lot of power more than I think they should, but large groups of people support small lobbyist with agenda that push for laws that give cops these powers.

Want cops to have less power fight the lobbyist and elect people who are for small government.

I agree
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What part of that article mentions that he was shot in the back?  You are basing your comment upon some anonymous comment posted on the newsite?  Really?

You must be retarded. Everyone knows that the news site will only post facts, especially from its readers. GD is full of the truth also. Your unwillingness to admit the blatant honesty contained in either place is further proof of the thin blue line conspiracy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Frightening story to me because, after Midnight, I carry my Glock with me anytime there's something that merits checking out.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Execution.

Why should police get lesser of a sentence than any other member of society.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Execution.

Why should police get lesser of a sentence than any other member of society.

First, you know it is criminal? I know, the idea of a crime occurring can't interfere with GD bashing.

Second, what is the prosecution and punishment rate for murder in your area? I would guess that less than 5% receive the death penalty here for murder.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

Calling names but still you didn't answer my question. I think it is because we both know the answer but I will ask again.

Don't show me yours and most likely I won't show you mine....

Simply seeing a gun isn't cause to shoot someone.

Brian
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If I dont see you on the monitor and I dont hear you when I ask you to announce yourself on the intercomm I dont open the door period. If then you identify yourself as a LEO then I doublecheck the DVR to see your squad car, if all that checks out I will ask them to step outside the screen porch so I can come outside and close the door behind myself to talk to them. If after all that one screws up and shoots me at least I have video and audio to have posted here so there is no doubt what happened.

I'm surprised this one hasn't happened here yet:  guy gets shot, drags himself in the house "must....post....General....Discussion...." with his dying breath.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I must have missed why the officers were even at the residence

Sad for all involved

Article said noise complaint which could have been loud music, an argument, or a just loud talking.

The article is woefully informationless.

John
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Second, what is the prosecution and punishment rate for murder in your area? I would guess that less than 5% receive the death penalty here for murder.

Would you care to guess what the rate is for murder of a police officer?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I grew up near there. This is sad & this is a tag for more information.

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

Don't show me yours and most likely I won't show you mine....

Simply seeing a gun isn't cause to shoot someone.

Brian

Can agree with you in red.

I can also see you point in the latter but that would also depend on the situation.

ETA: he latter also leaves you with no flexibility most often there will be but one out come if both parties are armed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#50]
In this kind of event.

The only one that will be able to give a true account of what happened is the officer not involved in firing his weapon.

He will under investigation be asked a lot of questions.

Page / 30
Top Top