Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 87
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:
When the feds show up to confiscate your guns and yall got the same rifle...

https://i.imgur.com/HAD0DZj.jpg
View Quote
Hilarious. But, exactly why we have the 2nd A'- to protect the populace from a tyrannical government. We need the same weapons and maybe we'll have to add nukes to the list, so we'll need a nuke clone thread.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:
When the feds show up to confiscate your guns and yall got the same rifle...

https://i.imgur.com/HAD0DZj.jpg
View Quote
Who is going to put "FBI M4" as their description on the Form1?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:

Hilarious. But, exactly why we have the 2nd A'- to protect the populace from a tyrannical government. We need the same weapons and maybe we'll have to add nukes to the list, so we'll need a nuke clone thread.
View Quote
I'd be down for a Nuke thread.  I could store it in my sons play house that he never uses.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mbpike:
I'd be down for a Nuke thread.  I could store it in my sons play house that he never uses.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mbpike:
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:

Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Anyone know if ADCO will shave a FSB? Or is this a John from Retro arms type job? I do not have the tools to do something like that, and if i attempt it I'd butcher it.
View Quote
ADCO did an excellent job on the FSB I sent them to shave.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Any photos of the 10" MK4, 11.5" barrel and surefire can? Picked up an OD MK4 just now and I'm curious how my RC2 will fit.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:13:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By seamasterpro:
So which thread is the official thread now? This one?

Or this one?

Maybe this one?

Maybe the original?
View Quote
this one says 'official' so theres that.

also the other ones are rail or brand specific.

this one is FBI rifle specific..
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:50:20 AM EDT
[#10]
What's the deal with the Sig Romeo 4M, is it junk? Anyone have any first hand experience with them?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:09:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:30:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TAPTAP556] [#12]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
I know, still bothers me.  I know it shouldn't but its a pet peeve.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

The holes for the FSB should be well under the rail.
I know, still bothers me.  I know it shouldn't but its a pet peeve.
BRD Engineering jigs for drilling dimples and new pin hole
Tetra gun cold blue to treat the old factory FSB pin holes. Follow directions, wear gloves and eyepro. Rinse repeat.

Though, had I known mil MK18s were left untreated/in the “white” before building I wouldn’t have bothered with the cold blue, but it is inexpensive and easy.

See here: MK18 Thread
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

Just like our other clone threads, there's clone, there's what you think is clone, what you think clone should be and what you build.
View Quote
Always on point.
PS stay safe brother.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Sub’d
I have a green 10” federal rail Otw and a Colt 11.5 heavy profile FBI overrun barrel coming already :D
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:15:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#16]
He’s building what he want.

Just like our other clone threads, there’s clone, there’s what you think is clone, what you think clone should be and what you build.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Originally Posted By DGredTribe:
@wissota4
Outside of their HKs and specifically talking Geissele rails, they had some custom MK3s done. Of which I believe a member on here owned recently. They still have Troy rails on their stuff as well.

A lot of the Regional guys also had the Troy rails prior to this upgrade in the last couple of years (I believe many still do currently, among other stuff. Not sure how fast Quantico is swapping everything out).
So if a guy has an 11.5 barrel, mk4 rail, a2 flash hider, colt receivers, what is he building?

Just like our other clone threads, there’s clone, there’s what you think is clone, what you think clone should be and what you build.
I may be one of the first to farb up this thread, I already own a Noveske 11.5” stainless barrel, and I’m very tempted to use it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
I feel like we keep the 10.3 on track fairly well.. I think this thread should go ahead and get the same respect.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I may be one of the first to farb up this thread, I already own a Noveske 11.5” stainless barrel, and I’m very tempted to use it.
View Quote
Do it, we will keep your secret... maybe
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JonnyMoses:
What's the deal with the Sig Romeo 4M, is it junk? Anyone have any first hand experience with them?
View Quote
No, but I ordered one from Primary Arms yesterday
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#20]
A few of the pictures I've seen of the "regional" rifles had Hogue grips with finger grooves; Stag Arms has that grip on sale right now for $18.75 (add to cart for discount).
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By NukeFromOrbit:
A few of the pictures I've seen of the "regional" rifles had Hogue grips with finger grooves; Stag Arms has that grip on sale right now for $18.75 (add to cart for discount).
View Quote
Snagged one, thanks for the heads up.

Also, their LPK minus trigger group is $20 shipped >:D
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:52:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tejas1836] [#22]
So for those doing this, just stripping off the FSB and set screwing the G block?

I hate having that stupid front pin hole exposed when the FSB is removed, almost as much as I hate relying solely on set screws on a non-dimpled barrel.

Thinking of just shaving the FSB and calling it a day.
View Quote
This might work if it fits, PK's gb's have been good to me
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#24]
When my rail gets here and the rifle is built, she may be dubbed "Dana."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
Good to go.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Ghostdog1066:

When my rail gets here and the rifle is built, she may be dubbed "Dana."

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/381736/dana-scully_jpg-751784.JPG
View Quote
Yesssss! All things Scully!
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#27]
if anyone needs a DD 11.5" chrome lined bbl, new, pm me
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#28]
FBI Regional SWAT team with them retro builds... still among my favorite set ups. I cloned one with a RRA Dominator mount and 552 for a bit but swapped it out when I got on that chinweld riser game... still slick though

screen caps:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

vid:

FBI SWAT Team Practices Clearing Rooms In The Shoot-House
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
I keep hearing mixed reviews about the Sig Romeo red dots. Not sure what to make of them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:59:44 PM EDT
[#30]
How are the ergonomics of the MK4 compared to the MK8?  I had a MK8 and got rid of it because I hated the way it felt in my hand.  MK1 is the only Geissele rail I've tried and liked but they're scarce and overly expensive on the used market.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ThePitt:
How are the ergonomics of the MK4 compared to the MK8?  I had a MK8 and got rid of it because I hated the way it felt in my hand.  MK1 is the only Geissele rail I've tried and liked but they're scarce and overly expensive on the used market.
View Quote
They are identical, except for the short pic rails sections at the front end.  Behind those, it is the same rail and, thus, the same feel.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:
They are identical, except for the short pic rails sections at the front end.  Behind those, it is the same rail and, thus, the same feel.
View All Quotes
Bummer.  I waited until last minute to decide whether I should buy one or not.  Thanks for saving me some cash, a first for ARFCOM.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:21:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VIP3R] [#33]
View Quote
*edit*

Beat
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:50:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HCM3156] [#34]
Regarding the Romeo 4M.

It is a solid optic.  Two years in service so far and the only issues I’m aware of  have been a few of the mounts. The optics themselves are good to go.

I prefer the 4M’s circle dot reticle to that if the EO Tech as the center dot is brighter than the ring. Even in bright sunlight the ring does not overpower the dot as sometimes occurs with the EOTech.

Like all companies SIG has different grades of optics some get better components and QC than others as reflected in the price. The 4Ms were about $450 to $500when they first came out. The Romeo 4T is also priced above the other Romeo 4 series.

The 4M is marked “designed in Oregon, assembled in USA.” As far as I can tell, the 4Ms were made as parts kits in the same factory as Holosun, PA, and the other SIG optics. The parts kits were then assembled in the U.S. by SIG’s optics people, most of whom are former Leupold employees ( hence why they are in Oregon instead of NH).

It is interesting that the 4M, SIG’s highest grade RDS , was quickly followed by Holosun’s higher grade 515 series. The so-called  “Military Models.” The exterior is cosmetically different but the features and clarity of the 515 Is very, very similar to the 4M.

Commercially SIG has replaced the 4M with the 4T which features a solar panel.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:01:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
FBI Regional SWAT team with them retro builds... still among my favorite set ups. I cloned one with a RRA Dominator mount and 552 for a bit but swapped it out when I got on that chinweld riser game... still slick though

screen caps:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/365058/1_PNG-752151.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/365058/2_PNG-752152.JPG

vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfmUviERA4o
View Quote
Those are the RRA guns I referenced earlier. There are still some around.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:38:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#36]
Bummer.  I waited until last minute to decide whether I should buy one or not.  Thanks for saving me some cash, a first for ARFCOM.  
View All Quotes
I had a 15” MK4 and sold it for the same reason.

I’m going to try a foregrip this time, if I still don’t care for it, I’ll put the rail back in the box and put it in the safe.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Got my rail!

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
Got my rail!

https://i.imgur.com/D4ADaWu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hbFegS5.jpg
View Quote
Just 1?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my rail!

https://i.imgur.com/D4ADaWu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hbFegS5.jpg
View Quote
Nice. Looks almost Jell-O lime green in color from your picture and lighting.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:

Just 1?
View Quote
Yeah, I could only swing 1 and I figured I can always get a URG-I down the road if I want an mk16. I've been wanting a fed rail since I the first time I saw one! I'm about $6k in the hole from my last clone build and there's still a couple things I still need for it
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah, I could only swing 1 and I figured I can always get a URG-I down the road if I want an mk16. I've been wanting a fed rail since I the first time I saw one! I'm about $6k in the hole from my last clone build and there's still a couple things I still need for it
View All Quotes

Just 1?
Just messing with ya.

I grabbed two of the fed rails.

Clone one and save the other.

If geissele sticks with what they said and this was a one time deal ill be happy i saved one nib. If not, we still got a great deal i think.

Im with you on the mk16. Ill just buy a clone correct upper later if it still interests me.

Those od charging handles were sweet though
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:45:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#42]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

Nice. Looks almost Jell-O lime green in color from your picture and lighting.
View Quote
The lighting sucked on those, they were quick unpacking pics. Here's a better representation of the OD...

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Just messing with ya.

I grabbed two of the fed rails.

Clone one and save the other.

If geissele sticks with what they said and this was a one time deal ill be happy i saved one nib. If not, we still got a great deal i think.

Im with you on the mk16. Ill just buy a clone correct upper later if it still interests me.

Those od charging handles were sweet though
View Quote
Yeah they did, and there was a pic posted in the industry section of the grey fed rail and that looked pretty badass too. If I had more time to prep for the sale, I probably would have bought one of each color, but I heard about it the day before. I'm just happy to have snagged one!
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HCM3156:
Regarding the Romeo 4M.

It is a solid optic.  Two years in service so far and the only issues I’m aware of  have been a few of the mounts. The optics themselves are good to go.

I prefer the 4M’s circle dot reticle to that if the EO Tech as the center dot is brighter than the ring. Even in bright sunlight the ring does not overpower the dot as sometimes occurs with the EOTech.

Like all companies SIG has different grades of optics some get better components and QC than others as reflected in the price. The 4Ms were about $450 to $500when they first came out. The Romeo 4T is also priced above the other Romeo 4 series.

The 4M is marked “designed in Oregon, assembled in USA.” As far as I can tell, the 4Ms were made as parts kits in the same factory as Holosun, PA, and the other SIG optics. The parts kits were then assembled in the U.S. by SIG’s optics people, most of whom are former Leupold employees ( hence why they are in Oregon instead of NH).

It is interesting that the 4M, SIG’s highest grade RDS , was quickly followed by Holosun’s higher grade 515 series. The so-called  “Military Models.” The exterior is cosmetically different but the features and clarity of the 515 Is very, very similar to the 4M.

Commercially SIG has replaced the 4M with the 4T which features a solar panel.
View Quote
Thanks, still a sale on the 4M on opticsplanet right now for around $228 shipped. Sounds like a good deal if you don't want to spend on a 4T.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Does the 4M have the same mounting footprint/screw pattern as Aimpoint micros?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#46]
A few new pics to shake up your planned builds...

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Holy balls.

At that point I'd just say fuck it and slap a DD 11.5 with pinned LPGB on there, correctness be damned.
View Quote
Thats what i think i'm planning on doing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Good pics.

Does anyone one know what mounts they're rocking?

I've seen Spuhr mounts and DD but I'm unfamiliar with those ones.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Look like sig 4m with the sig mounts
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Anybody know if teams are using ODG magpul grips?
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top