Site Notices
Page / 87
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By michaelwesten:
I got my Colt Cerro Forge Upper for $110, they’re out there you just have to be willing to wait and hunt for a bit.... it is cloning after all

Back to the topic at hand

URX Mafia FBI MK4

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453805/39E165F9-B234-4039-8B54-A6DC0C61486B_jpeg-778907.JPG
View Quote
That’s a good looking front buis
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:32:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michaelwesten] [#3]
Originally Posted By carterbrunelle:

That’s a good looking front buis
View Quote
Thanks brother

It was a gift!! I won it on IG from a wonderful group of people in TEXAS
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I got my Colt Cerro Forge Upper for $110, they’re out there you just have to be willing to wait and hunt for a bit.... it is cloning after all

Back to the topic at hand

URX Mafia FBI MK4

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453805/39E165F9-B234-4039-8B54-A6DC0C61486B_jpeg-778907.JPG
View Quote
That is true. I was lucky enough to find mind for $85 which isn't terrible considering how much harder these are to find with so many doing clone builds now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sanman28:
Clean.  Love it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sanman28:
Clean.  Love it.
Thanks! My aimpoint T2 should be here this week with a geissele mount. I still need to buy KAC buis and a gemtech suppressor bolt. A geissele airborne charging handle will be going in it also, which I have laying around.

Once PSA releases their M4A1 clone lower, I'll be form 1-ing that and switching it out with the PSA poop gremlim lower which is currently on it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Proto3:

Once PSA releases their M4A1 clone lower, I'll be form 1-ing that and switching it out with the PSA poop gremlim lower which is currently on it.
View Quote
PSA M4A1 clone lower? What’s the deal with this? I tried to consult Mr. Google but it’s not turning up much. I assume they can’t use the logo but are they going to mimic everything else?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Brockoli1010:

PSA M4A1 clone lower? What’s the deal with this? I tried to consult Mr. Google but it’s not turning up much. I assume they can’t use the logo but are they going to mimic everything else?
View Quote
This is what is will look like. Follow this thread and you can see all of the cool/goofy lowers they are releasing all because one customer tried to crap on their business.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#8]

This is what is will look like. Follow this thread and you can see all of the cool/goofy lowers they are releasing all because one customer tried to crap on their business.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/378839/Screen_Shot_2019-01-15_at_11_07_14_PM_png-809409.JPG
View Quote
That’s fresh as hell.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#9]
The pre order is done for the PSA clone lowers. So, the people who put in for them should get an email and get the first grab at them. To date, all of their new lowers that have come from the GD thread have been limited runs. But who knows how many they will end up with on this one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:59:38 AM EDT
[#10]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/378839/Screen_Shot_2019-01-15_at_11_07_14_PM_png-809409.JPG
View Quote
It’s what we’re HOPING it looks like. I’ve entreated PSA to have experts proof the markings before production so they don’t cock it up like other manufacturers have done (Aero).
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#11]
What’s the best place to purchase KAC BUIS? Will the micro 200-600 rear work with the 99051?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

The EE, or Ebay.
View Quote
Thanks - will the rear micro work with the 99051?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I believe that both KAC rears have the same optical axis height and will cowitness with the front folding. (Same plane).

@MILSPEC556??? (This guy will know).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By under9:

I believe that both KAC rears have the same optical axis height and will cowitness with the front folding. (Same plane).

Yep. Same plane
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Yep. Same plane
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Yep. Same plane
Thanks...
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I emailed a while back to the guy @ PSA for a preorder but never heard back regarding the lower...

Hope I'm on that list. I kind of lost track of that and forgot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 5:40:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michaelwesten] [#20]
Just got my Virgin Colt FBI HRT Barrel in today. Date Coded 02/16

As soon as I got home I mocked up the Upper just to take a peek at what she’ll look like

Still making the decision of whether or not to stay with the KAC QDC Flash Eliminator or throw a First Generation MAMS on there.... super happy how this is turning out though
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#21]
are the BUIS visible at all through the high optic mounts?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:
are the BUIS visible at all through the high optic mounts?
View Quote
No, my KAC Irons are not visible at all through my Geissele 1.93” mount. But I plan to zero them separately just purely as a back up...

I don’t see it as an issue when you’re running a quality Red Dot/Holographic Optic
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#23]

As soon as I got home I mocked up the Upper just to take a peek at what she’ll look like

https://i.imgur.com/e6ICQcl.jpg

Still making the decision of whether or not to stay with the KAC QDC Flash Eliminator or throw a First Generation MAMS on there.... super happy how this is turning out though
View Quote
Nice, I managed to snag a virgin Colt HRT barrel also.  It’s a nice barrel.

Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

https://i.imgur.com/HKqGB3F.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZcUkExv.jpg
View Quote
Was your G gas block a pain to get on the HRT barrel like mine?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Man all these rifles are looking fantastic. Something about it is amazing. Excited to finish mine. These FBI clones > mk18/CQBR. So clean and much more logical than a 10.3.
Keep it up guys. I’ll join the party soon...
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:09:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: under9] [#26]

https://i.imgur.com/e6ICQcl.jpg

View Quote
Is your rear BUIS the KAC micro?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JohnMH92:
Man all these rifles are looking fantastic. Something about it is amazing. Excited to finish mine. These FBI clones > mk18/CQBR. So clean and much more logical than a 10.3.
View Quote
Wait... what???
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:42:00 AM EDT
[#28]

Is you rear BUIS the KAC micro?
View Quote
Yes sir, 2-600 Meter Micro Rear
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:49:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Wait... what???
View Quote
I just like the fbi rifles more than the mk18 is all I’m saying
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Originally Posted By HD2006:

https://i.imgur.com/HKqGB3F.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZcUkExv.jpg
I bought the barrel with the G gas block already pinned by ADCO.  I didn’t have any issues removing it or re-installing it for the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:58:10 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
I like both

Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:51:19 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
I don't know about that. I literally have all the parts to complete an FBI build (FBI rail, Colt upper, Colt barrel, Troy BUIS, Aimpoint T1 on a DD mount, etc.), but still don't know if I really want to. When I was piecing together my MK18's, I couldn't wait to build them. I just lost interest in this build.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 3:33:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By J_MONEY:

I don't know about that. I literally have all the parts to complete an FBI build (FBI rail, Colt upper, Colt barrel, Troy BUIS, Aimpoint T1 on a DD mount, etc.), but still don't know if I really want to. When I was piecing together my MK18's, I couldn't wait to build them. I just lost interest in this build.
View Quote
To each their own! I guess I just like how 11.5’s feel compared to 10.3’s
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#34]

To each their own! I guess I just like how 11.5’s feel compared to 10.3’s
View Quote
I myself am in the 11.5 > 10.3 group. I’ve just liked the way they looked and shot better... imo nothing looks sexier than an 11.5” with a mid length URX (II or 3.1)
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#35]

I myself am in the 11.5 > 10.3 group. I’ve just liked the way they looked and shot better... imo nothing looks sexier than an 11.5” with a mid length URX (II or 3.1)
View Quote
Lol, I swapped my URX II out in favor of the Mk4. The KAC gas block rubbed/interfered with the heat shield and it always bothered me, and no mechanical anti rotation. But, it was sexy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By akrox:

Lol, I swapped my URX II out in favor of the Mk4. The KAC gas block rubbed/interfered with the heat shield and it always bothered me, and no mechanical anti rotation. But, it was sexy.
View Quote
Do what I'm doing- one FBI barrel with a URX II and one with a Mk4
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michaelwesten] [#37]
Originally Posted By BNW:

Do what I'm doing- one FBI barrel with a URX II and one with a Mk4
View Quote
Do it!!!

Attachment Attached File

The KAC CQB Gen III Clone was my first experience with the FBI HRT Barrel. I liked it so much that I had to grab another and since I sold myself on an FBI Clone as soon these rails came out I had to get it done....

It’s damn near impossible to pick a favorite between my stable lol I love them all for different reasons... just wish I had a KAC QDC/CQB to run with all of them. It’s about the only thing I’m missing atm...

11.5” is the ideal length for me. I fell in love after getting my SR-16. Its hard to go with any other barrel length in a 5.56.... unless it’s a Dimpled 14.5”
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Hell yeah!  Nice uppers
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#39]
anyone know what upper they used? i have a keyhole cage code colt ... and the lower im using a aero, but im not sure if i should get a RRA or something else ...hm
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:16:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michaelwesten] [#40]
Originally Posted By BNW:
Hell yeah!  Nice uppers
View Quote
Thanks

Can’t wait to shoot this FBI Upper...

Originally Posted By RealFreakinNato:
anyone know what upper they used? i have a keyhole cage code colt ... and the lower im using a aero, but im not sure if i should get a RRA or something else ...hm
View Quote
I would say they’re mostly C Marked Cerro forge uppers being that most of the uppers were just 11.5” FSP uppers that had KAC RAS or other clamshell rails then were upgraded to the Troy rail then later Geissele.

But if they were any newer production uppers coming in they would most likely be getting a Cage Code Upper from either forge I would believe (Cerro Forge or Brass Aluminum Forge)
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#41]
More money to spend now. Gotta add some of those KAC rail panels to mine.

Is no one painting their barrel nut and gas block?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Gamblinman:
View Quote
I actually like the contrast.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#43]

View Quote
I sold my Geissele stainless gas block and bought a G carbon steel (black) gas block.  I just didn’t like the look of the stainless G block.  The dumb/contradicting thing is that I’m using a bead-blasted stainless barrel.

Never thought of painting the barrel nut until I assembled it and noticed it’s kinda bright.  So yeah I was thinking of it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Depending on the color of the barrel nut and rail, I do too. Trouble is the wide variant of colors from both manufacturers. I just shaved my FSB and painted both.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
Do it! The KAC Panels are so comfortable...

I’m one of those that likes the contrast on the barrel nut and gas block. Plus I was thinking it’ll look good when I finally decide to throw a SR-16 Sandcutter in there, which will most likely happen...
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:16:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#46]
Been working on the house so haven't had much time.  I did find time to catch a OD SOPMOD in stock and changed the black out for green.  Stripped a screw on my MRO mount so I guess I need to pony up and go ahead and get a Larue MRO mount inbound.  Also ordered the stuff to build a Form 1 Suppressor for this using the Dead Air mounting systems.   Hopefully the Feds get back to work and can get that on the road because this bitch is LOUD!  

Also managed to get hands on a FDE SOPMOD.  I am thinking about doing a 9mm PCC SBR build with the FDE setup using one of the AE Colt 9mm Upper/Lowers they sold a while back .

Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Do it! The KAC Panels are so comfortable...

I’m one of those that likes the contrast on the barrel nut and gas block. Plus I was thinking it’ll look good when I finally decide to throw a SR-16 Sandcutter in there, which will most likely happen...
View Quote
I have the KAC rail covers and the Magpul and currently prefer the magpul rail covers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:48:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michaelwesten] [#48]
Originally Posted By kells81:
Been working on the house so haven't had much time.  I did find time to catch a OD SOPMOD in stock and changed the black out for green.  Stripped a screw on my MRO mount so I guess I need to pony up and go ahead and get a Larue MRO mount inbound.  Also ordered the stuff to build a Form 1 Suppressor for this using the Dead Air mounting systems.   Hopefully the Feds get back to work and can get that on the road because this bitch is LOUD!  

Also managed to get hands on a FDE SOPMOD.  I am thinking about doing a 9mm PCC SBR build with the FDE setup using one of the AE Colt 9mm Upper/Lowers they sold a while back .

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43495/IMG_3274_JPG-815227.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43495/IMG_2192_JPG-815228.jpg
View Quote
That is so nice! So much OD Green on her -  she should named after Popeyes old lady....

The Magpul are nice I just love anything KAC and any reason to make my first non-KAC MLOK Rail a little more URX always helps...

I’m having second thoughts about selling my second OD Green FBI MK4 - really thinking about getting a MOD 2 CQB and just throwing the MK4 on it...
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:29:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#49]
If any of you guys are looking for Magpul ODG mags I just found a place that has a small pile of both window and non-window.

I ordered my handful, so have at it, animals.

MAG571ODG Magpul Non-Window - 554 in stock

MAG570ODG Magpul Windowed - 693 in stock
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:
If any of you guys are looking for Magpul ODG mags I just found a place that has a small pile of both window and non-window.

I ordered my handful, so have at it, animals.

MAG571ODG Magpul Non-Window - 554 in stock

MAG570ODG Magpul Windowed - 693 in stock
View Quote
They have 15 less windowed-OD now. Thanks for the heads-up!
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top