User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 87
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:
If any of you guys are looking for Magpul ODG mags I just found a place that has a small pile of both window and non-window.

I ordered my handful, so have at it, animals.

MAG571ODG Magpul Non-Window - 554 in stock

MAG570ODG Magpul Windowed - 693 in stock
View Quote
@WhiskersTheCat
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If any of you guys are looking for Magpul ODG mags I just found a place that has a small pile of both window and non-window.

View Quote
Very cool, thanks for sharing! Had to get a few.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:49:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: delta_romeo_echo] [#3]
If anyone is looking to trade a light ODG rail for a darker one please let me know. Trying to get closer to the Hogue grip color or the Mk16 rail in the picture.

Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:
If anyone is looking to trade a light ODG rail for a darker one please let me know. Trying to get closer to the Hogue grip color or the Mk16 rail in the picture.

https://i.imgur.com/7v6a9ax.jpg
View Quote
IM sent.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:08:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hexxus] [#5]
I put this one together the other day. I guess I'm gonna have to send in another $200 for a tax stamp. I could use one of my other Colt SBR lowers but this one is so nice I think it deserves its own dedicated Colt lower. Now I just have to decide if I want my Aimpoint T2 to sit on the Spuhr mount or the Daniel Defense mount.

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:56:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hexxus:
I put this one together the other day. I guess I'm gonna have to send in another $200 for a tax stamp. I could use one of my other Colt SBR lowers but this one is so nice I think it deserves its own dedicated Colt lower. Now I just have to decide if I want my Aimpoint T2 to sit on the Spuhr mount or the Daniel Defense mount.

https://i.ibb.co/Js8ByPN/20190120-142208.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/pQ4kDxL/20190120-142217.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/LhhC8Pb/20190120-142224.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/wBLKnwG/20190120-142253.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/8MpQL2k/20190120-142301.jpg
View Quote
Nicely done
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
@WhiskersTheCat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@WhiskersTheCat
I owe you a beer. Thank you very much!

Going to grab a few.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

I owe you a beer. Thank you very much!

Going to grab a few.
View Quote
@JSchell1309

Thank you for the link! Ordered 10 for myself. $4 shipping was very reasonable as well!
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By InsaneAuto86:

@JSchell1309

Thank you for the link! Ordered 10 for myself. $4 shipping was very reasonable as well!
View Quote
No problem, I just got my tracking info.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
What does "D/C COLOR BY MFG" mean?

They dyed some tan ones?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:35:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#12]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikev101:

They dyed some tan ones?
View Quote
No it means Magpul discontinued all colors (including OD green) a few years ago and only made black. They later started making sand & MCT mags. These are old stock from several years ago.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikev101:

They dyed some tan ones?
View Quote
Discontinued Color by Manufacture.

I've been looking for FDE mags with a window for a while so thanks to the OP on this. Got some ODG and Coyote too while I was at it. Nice people there, they called to verify the purchase for security reasons and first time customer. I'll buy from them again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Nice people there, they called to verify the purchase for security reasons and first time customer. I'll buy from them again.
View Quote
Super nice. A little off topic but JSE receiver sets are made by mega and the fit/finish is excellent. The roll mark is a little .. different .. with the cat stuff but for mega quality I could not resist.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:40:59 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By InsaneAuto86:

@JSchell1309

@JSchell1309

I second this, thanks! Grabbed some OD and FDE since I’d been looking for more of those for a while now too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 6:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sanman28] [#16]
Mini scout and Troy buis is all that’s left.  Maybe some magpul mlok inserts.....just for softer hands.  Has the HRT barrel with FSB machined by adco.

Link Posted: 1/23/2019 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By sanman28:
Mini scout and Troy buis is all that’s left.  Maybe some magpul mlok inserts.....just for softer hands.

http://i.imgur.com/DsfToK2.jpg
View Quote
That's a sharp looking rifle
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Mini scout and Troy buis is all that’s left.  Maybe some magpul mlok inserts.....just for softer hands.  Has the HRT barrel with FSB machined by adco.

View Quote
Sick! Looking good.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Sweet gun - Arms Unlimited has a sale on the m300c right now. Thinking of picking one up as well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By under9:

Sweet gun - Arms Unlimited has a sale on the m300c right now. Thinking of picking one up as well.
View Quote
I have the black one already for this gun.....but its living on a mk18 right now.  I need to find a deal on a FDE one before i make the swap-a-roony.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 10:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michaelwesten] [#21]

View Quote
That’s coming along nicely. Very well done.

I’m still trying to decide between an M300 scout or the WMX. Idk why but I’d like to keep mine as streamlined and light as possible it has me leaning towards the WMX, that plus the fact they’re about half the price set with a mount when you factor in the cost of an M300 with a mount and a switche
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By michaelwesten: I’m still trying to decide between an M300 scout or the WMX. Idk why but I’d like to keep mine as streamlined and light as possible it has me leaning towards the WMX, that plus the fact they’re about half the price set with a mount when you factor in the cost of an M300 with a mount and a switche
View Quote
Me too. I love Surefire lights and have several but have been looking into the WMX as well. I like the integrated switch and don't want a ton of stuff hanging off this rail.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 2:17:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#23]
Originally Posted By FDEinAZ:

@JSchell1309

I second this, thanks! Grabbed some OD and FDE since I’d been looking for more of those for a while now too.
View Quote
Heads up to all, got my Magpul ODG mags in from JSE. They are good to go, packages are dated 2012 and Magpul Colorado, old stock. Perfect match to B5 Sopmod in ODG.

At first I was digging my lighter colored rail, now I’m wondering if I want to trade to slightly darker to match the ODG tube.

Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:20:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: michaelwesten] [#24]

Me too. I love Surefire lights and have several but have been looking into the WMX as well. I like the integrated switch and don't want a ton of stuff hanging off this rail.
View Quote
My thought exactly, a friend of mine purchased a WMX for his last build and I really liked the feel of it and the cost of one just seems very reasonable. Plus they’re Clone correct

Heads up to all, got my Magpul ODG mags in from JSE. They are good to go, packages are dated 2012 and Magpul Colorado, old stock. Perfect match to B5 Sopmod in ODG.

At first I was digging my lighter colored rail, now I’m wondering if I want to trade to slightly darker to match the ODG tube.

http://i.imgur.com/58yY3hk.jpg
View Quote
That’s a perfect match, I plan on grabbing 10 OD Green pmags payday just for this very build... hopefully the stock isn’t drained by then

There was someone in the EE looking to trade for a dark for light I’m fairly certain that @Sputnik556 has already got to them though, I know he’s been wanting to trade his “jolly rancher rail” for a darker shade lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By michaelwesten:

That’s coming along nicely. Very well done.

I’m still trying to decide between an M300 scout or the WMX. Idk why but I’d like to keep mine as streamlined and light as possible it has me leaning towards the WMX, that plus the fact they’re about half the price set with a mount when you factor in the cost of an M300 with a mount and a switche
View Quote
WMLx at 12 o’clock is great, I think @RustedAce has the same. Light and tight.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 8:24:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#26]

My thought exactly, a friend of mine purchased a WMX for his last build and I really liked the feel of it and the cost of one just seems very reasonable. Plus they’re Clone correct

That’s a perfect match, I plan on grabbing 10 OD Green pmags payday just for this very build... hopefully the stock isn’t drained by then

There was someone in the EE looking to trade for a dark for light I’m fairly certain that @Sputnik556 has already got to them though, I know he’s been wanting to trade his “jolly rancher rail” for a darker shade lol
View Quote

Still looking. I had a perfectly matching rail, but it was a blem so I swapped it. Still kicking myself over that one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
I was dead set on a WMX for this just so it could look like pics floating around....but id wager the surefire is simply a much better light.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Is that a Colt buffer tube?  Looks sweet
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:07:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: delta_romeo_echo] [#29]

View Quote
@Sputnik556 do you think this is what your rail is like when compared to Magpul and B5 ODG? Sorry I've been getting home this week later after the sun is down so no pics. I'll try for some this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I keep seeing ODG rails pop up in EE and all over, seems like people got real excited, picked up a bunch of accessories, and now have bills to pay.

My ODG clone is stalled mostly do to budget - tracking down a colt upper has been a been much harder than expected. Also knowing that when I have my parts sorted that e-forms are on hold has slowed me down a bit.

I doubt I ever buy a factory Geissele Superduty but I dang I want that upper lower...
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#31]

@Sputnik556 do you think this is what your rail is like when compared to Magpul and B5 ODG? Sorry I've been getting home this week later after the sun is down so on pics. I'll try for some this weekend.
View Quote
@delta_romeo_echo

It looks similar, but its hard to say.

That Magpul OD looks almost black in that pic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:30:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By BNW:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BNW:

Correct, Colt green anodized tube from GeistACWM in the EE.

@delta_romeo_echo

It looks similar, but its hard to say.

That Magpul OD looks almost black in that pic.
Tried to take a better photo below. Added a Magpul Black AR10 mag, Magpul MCT mag, and LMT stock for color comparisons.

Link Posted: 1/25/2019 2:16:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#33]
Originally Posted By YuppieMike:
I keep seeing ODG rails pop up in EE and all over, seems like people got real excited, picked up a bunch of accessories, and now have bills to pay.

My ODG clone is stalled mostly do to budget - tracking down a colt upper has been a been much harder than expected. Also knowing that when I have my parts sorted that e-forms are on hold has slowed me down a bit.

I doubt I ever buy a factory Geissele Superduty but I dang I want that upper lower...
https://i.imgur.com/7a8VD0q.jpg
View Quote
Sometimes peoples priorities change or they lose interest, or something else comes up.

Take me for example, i ordered three od mk4 rails and was going to do three builds.

I have been keeping my eye out for an rpd and one that i want just became available.

I dont need three mk4 builds, so im selling off two to help fund the purchase.

Peoples priorities are different

Keep posting in the geissele thread, you might get lucky and win the rifle they have for the drawing.

I have my fingers crossed
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:

Sometimes peoples priorities change or they lose interest, or something else comes up.

Take me for example, i ordered three od mk4 rails and was going to do three builds.

I have been keeping my eye out for an rpd and one that i want just became available.

I dont need three mk4 builds, so im selling off two to help fund the purchase.

Peoples priorities are different

Keep posting in the geissele thread, you might get lucky and win the rifle they have for the drawing.

I have my fingers crossed
View Quote
I’d wager that most people bought the OD rails just because they couldn’t have them, I know I did.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:57:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#35]

I’d wager that most people bought the OD rails just because they couldn’t have them, I know I did.
View Quote
That’s exactly why I’d bought mine. Now that I’ve assembled a pseudo-clone it’s my favorite gun.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Parts list:

- Range Tool lower (Form 1’d)
- Colt lower parts
- Geissele SSA-E
- Battle Arms Development ambi-selector (OD)
- Battle Arms Development mag button (OD)
- Forward Controls Design ABC/R
- Norgon ambi mag release
- Magpul OD trigger guard
- Vltor stock plate w/ sling loop
- B5 SOPMOD Bravo (OD) w/ mil-spec buffer tube
- Colt H2 buffer
- Geissele Mk4 Federal rail (OD)
- Geissele upper (from URG-I)
- Geissele ACH
- PSA premium BCG
- Geissele T1 mount
- Sig Romeo 4M
- Wilson Combat 11.3” stainless barrel in .300 Blk
- Geissele carbon steel (black) gas block
- Black Creek Tactical gas port insert
- A1 flash hider bored to .30 & threaded 5/8x24
- Magpul MBUS (OD)
- Magpul Mlok sling loop
- Blue Force Gear custom sling (OD w/ HK hooks)
- Inforce WML

Dead Air Nomad-30 is currently in jail.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#36]
That is sharp!!  Exactly the look I'm hoping for when mine is complete...
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 2:59:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: delta_romeo_echo] [#37]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6: That’s exactly why I’d bought mine. Now that I’ve assembled a pseudo-clone it’s my favorite gun.
View Quote
I've had an ODG build in mind for a while now. It was originally going to be a 300 BLK rifle using the color to id the different caliber. Then I saw the G rail and realized there is an actual rifle its built around it and the clone game was on! I was going to do this build in 6.5 G but now seeing some of the completed clones I'm going to stay with 5.56 (for now ;-).

Edit - OK now after seeing your blaster @C6H12O6 maybe I will do 6.5 G??
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:47:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mckelveymx] [#38]

Parts List:

Lower is factory BCM
Geissele SD3G trigger
Colt OD buffer tube
Magpul OD CTR stock
Geissele braided buffer spring and H1 buffer
Magpul OD K2+ grip

Colt Cerro Forge upper
Colt C marked BCG with MPC bolt
Geissele Super Charging Handle
Virgin 11.5" Colt FBI heavy barrel
Geissele OD MK4 Federal hand guard
Geissele gas block
Nitrided gas tube
Silencerco ASR brake
SureFire Scout with pressure switch
Troy folding sights
Tango Down stubby QD vertical grip
Aimpoint Comp M4S until I decide on an optic
Silencerco Hybrid until I can cash in a golden ticket.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

I see my buffer tube went to a good home.  
View Quote
Indeed.  Once she is zeroed she will most likely be my go to rifle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#41]
My clone inspired build. Started off as a BCM 11.5 SBR with the heavier cold hammer forged profile barrel. I already had a SBRd BCM lower so I just used it. Still trying to pick between the T2 or EXPS3-0.

Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:05:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tactical_dude] [#42]
Added the SureFire M300C today. Aimpoint T2 is next...

#ColtCloneLife

Link Posted: 1/26/2019 7:10:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michaelwesten] [#43]
Lots of beautiful builds on this page. Very well done gentlemen

Originally Posted By mckelveymx:
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/mckelveymx/Mobile%20Uploads/20190125_164045_zpssqzjhnzy.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/mckelveymx/Mobile%20Uploads/20190125_164112_zpschzbbqkt.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/mckelveymx/Mobile%20Uploads/20190125_164202_zpself4utmp.jpg

Parts List:

Lower is factory BCM
Geissele SD3G trigger
Colt OD buffer tube
Magpul OD CTR stock
Magpul OD K2+ grip

Colt Cerro Forge upper
Geissele gas block
Nitrided gas tube
Silencerco ASR brake
Troy folding sights
View Quote
This thing is damn near perfect, so nice!

Originally Posted By usmp216:
My clone inspired build. Started off as a BCM 11.5 SBR with the heavier cold hammer forged profile barrel. I already had a SBRd BCM lower so I just used it. Still trying to pick between the T2 or EXPS3-0.
https://i.ibb.co/BGWXvn7/20190125-165121.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/V3Mbgb6/20190125-165057.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Lk2Hc6x/20190125-165201.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/JkYLrpX/20190125-165558.jpg
View Quote
So what did you end up going with? I personally love the T-1/2 but I’ve been spitballing the idea of grabbing my first EOTech (EXPS-3) specifically for this Clone.

I already have a T-1 on a Geissele 1.93” Mount so I’m kind of torn...
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#44]
The T2. I need to get a 1.93 mount as well for it. By far my favorite rifle I own. It balances so well unless I put the suppressor on it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mckelveymx:
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/mckelveymx/Mobile%20Uploads/20190125_164045_zpssqzjhnzy.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/mckelveymx/Mobile%20Uploads/20190125_164112_zpschzbbqkt.jpg

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/mckelveymx/Mobile%20Uploads/20190125_164202_zpself4utmp.jpg

Parts List:

Lower is factory BCM
Geissele SD3G trigger
Colt OD buffer tube
Magpul OD CTR stock
Magpul OD K2+ grip

Colt Cerro Forge upper
Geissele gas block
Nitrided gas tube
Silencerco ASR brake
Troy folding sights
View Quote
What Mlok rail covers are those?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

What Mlok rail covers are those?
View Quote
Look like Magpul Type 1
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Lower:

Colt "M4 CARBINE" lower, form 1 SBR
B5 pistol grip
Magpul trigger guard
ALG ACT trigger

Upper:

13629 Colt upper
Colt BCG
Colt 11.5" FBI barrel from SharkArms
Geissele FEDERAL 10" MK4 black
Geissele gas block, pinned
Geissele absolute micro mount
AimPoint T2
BCM charging handle
Magpul OD AFG and OD MLOK covers

Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Are you guys ok with a non-clone/pistol posted in here? Would love to add a picture of my gun but it's nowhere near clone other than the barrel and hand guard.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By WEK207:
Are you guys ok with a non-clone/pistol posted in here? Would love to add a picture of my gun but it's nowhere near clone other than the barrel and hand guard.
View Quote
This is the least clone correct clone thread I’ve ever seen, so I’m sure you’re good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#50]

This is the least clone correct clone thread I’ve ever seen, so I’m sure you’re good.
View Quote
So true, mostly because there so little information on the ACTUAL rifles that the FBI HRT is running that’s it’s hard to say what’s “correct”
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top