Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SBA4 video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlXGz5AenQw
View Quote
Those two I would guess are from Tactical Shit of YouTube. The guy on the right is especially special and should probably check himself because the route any politician in any state is going....is to ban anything and everything. So he can mock a US Senator all he wants but when things are banned in his state...we will see who's laughing and bending over to comply. Maybe next time he can drink a little less and be a wee bit more mature about matters. When braces are federally banned I'll be coming back to those idiots.

What an absolute monkey.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Best thing I've found to remedy the lack of colors available in the SBA3 is to just get a black one and then get a Splitfix in whatever color you want to get the contrast you're looking for. I actually have two black ones with Splitfixes for just that reason. One with wolf grey and one with OD green. I also have an FDE SBA3 and wish I'd just gotten a black one and used a tan Splitfix as the SB FDE is much darker than what Magpul's version is. But that's just me being picky
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m trying to figure out where PSA got their gray ones. I don’t see SBA3 braces in gray anywhere else but with the PSA pistol kit.

Do you think that they are painted?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m trying to figure out where PSA got their gray ones. I don’t see SBA3 braces in gray anywhere else but with the PSA pistol kit.

Do you think that they are painted?
View Quote
Not even remotely possible.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I mean...it is possible to paint things...I get that on a rubber brace it would chip off and not work well, but it is within the realm of possibility.

I also kind of doubt they are painted, but I’d like to know before I buy a pistol kit I don’t need so I can satisfy my vanity with a gray brace.

Anybody seen gray anywhere else? If this is a PSA exclusive their marketing team should be loud and proud about it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I mean...it is possible to paint things...I get that on a rubber brace it would chip off and not work well, but it is within the realm of possibility.

I also kind of doubt they are painted, but I’d like to know before I buy a pistol kit I don’t need so I can satisfy my vanity with a gray brace.

Anybody seen gray anywhere else? If this is a PSA exclusive their marketing team should be loud and proud about it.
View Quote
Dye?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bkings cerokoted braces

These guys have some SBA3's that have been cerokoted in that link, though it looks like stock is out. Perhaps they can do special orders.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
SBA3 with grey Splitfix

Here is one of my pistols with a grey Splitfix. A grey SBA3 would look nice but I was happy enough with just the strap. It at least gives it some contrast.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bkings cerokoted braces

These guys have some SBA3's that have been cerokoted in that link, though it looks like stock is out. Perhaps they can do special orders.
View Quote
No way paint will stay on that flexible rubber with any kind of use. Don't waste your money.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No way paint will stay on that flexible rubber with any kind of use. Don't waste your money.
View Quote
If PSA has grey, and Bkings has grey, maybe the rubber part can be had already molded in grey. I would think they're only cerokoting the hard plastic.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#11]
You guys could just dye the thing. Look up Holtworks on Instagram....he's done this on a ton of plastic part stuff and it turns out very well.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dye?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also kind of doubt they are painted, but I'd like to know before I buy a pistol kit I don't need so I can satisfy my vanity with a gray brace.

Dye?
It's a PSA exclusive. I asked in their industry forum.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also kind of doubt they are painted, but I'd like to know before I buy a pistol kit I don't need so I can satisfy my vanity with a gray brace.

Dye?
I had wondered about that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Just ordered one for my first pistol build. Brownells is running 10% off and free shipping today.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#15]
so I understand the end cap will be pushed out if you retract the stock all the way?  is this true and if so when will it be fixed if ever?

is there a compact version and is CMMG the only retailer of it?  did they fix the end cap issue on this model?  thanks for feedback.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
so I understand the end cap will be pushed out if you retract the stock all the way?  is this true and if so when will it be fixed if ever?

is there a compact version and is CMMG the only retailer of it?  did they fix the end cap issue on this model?  thanks for feedback.
View Quote
The end cap on my FDE brace pushed out but, the black versions I have never did. I bought them all around the same time. I had heard the issue was with the FDE versions only and that has been my experience. Maybe someone could chime in and say if they have had any of the black versions pop out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Guys I need your help.

I have an LWRC DI 5.56 10.5” and the factory buffer tube is 6” but the tube provided with the SBA3 is 7.25”. LWRC advised me I would need a new buffer and spring cuz of the SB Tactical added buffer tube length.

Is this what y’all have done (added a new buffer and spring)? Or is LWRC different than most AR pistols with its 6” buffer tube?
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#18]
If this is the gun you have I see no need for a change: https://www.lwrci.com/p-5246-ic-di-pistol-brace-556.aspx

"Mil-Spec, 6-Position Buffer Tube
H2 Buffer and Mil-Spec Buffer Spring"

They should both be approx 7" deep interior to the tube. I just measured the inside of a spare SBA3 tube and it's approx. 7". Looks like on the firearm you have, they shortened the butt. Everything else appears "mil-spec". Tubes come in different lengths and some have a plug in the rear or some other matter. The insides will be the same on a carbine tube.

Buffer and spring specs are the same on both of their braces.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If this is the gun you have I see no need for a change: https://www.lwrci.com/p-5246-ic-di-pistol-brace-556.aspx

"Mil-Spec, 6-Position Buffer Tube
H2 Buffer and Mil-Spec Buffer Spring"

They should both be approx 7" deep interior to the tube. I just measured the inside of a spare SBA3 tube and it's approx. 7". Looks like on the firearm you have, they shortened the butt. Everything else appears "mil-spec". Tubes come in different lengths and some have a plug in the rear or some other matter. The insides will be the same on a carbine tube.

Buffer and spring specs are the same on both of their braces.
View Quote
It is the gun I have but it’s tube is 6”
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope.  But PSA's price is pretty competitive.  $150 shipped for the SBA3 EPT lower build kit.  I snagged a couple.  Kept the braces and sold everything else off on the forum.  Its a little extra work, but the cost of the brace comes out pretty decent.

They most certainly aren't painted.  PSA has professional relationships with various other companies.  I think SBA tactical is building PSA's exclusive triangle brace, too.  The Gray and tan SBA3 braces I got from PSA actually have the PSA logo molded into the rear plug.  So SBA Tactical is making special production runs just for Palmetto State.

Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It is the gun I have but it’s tube is 6”
View Quote
Ok. Looks like you're in this category: https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/LWRC_UCIW_Ultra_Compact_Stock_for_SBR_/51-411727/

Yeah, I see your point now. Do you know if the brace only of the SBA3 will slide on to your existing extension? The existing extension would need to be "mil-spec" diameter. If it does, It likely wouldn't have the number of positions advertised for the SBA3. After all is said and done, I'd probably install the complete kit and purchase a carbine length buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Love this one so much in this configuration

Mk18
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Split fix arrived today.

Link Posted: 3/1/2019 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Anybody prefer the SOB over the SBA3?
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nope.  But PSA's price is pretty competitive.  $150 shipped for the SBA3 EPT lower build kit.  I snagged a couple.  Kept the braces and sold everything else off on the forum.  Its a little extra work, but the cost of the brace comes out pretty decent.

They most certainly aren't painted.  PSA has professional relationships with various other companies.  I think SBA tactical is building PSA's exclusive triangle brace, too.  The Gray and tan SBA3 braces I got from PSA actually have the PSA logo molded into the rear plug.  So SBA Tactical is making special production runs just for Palmetto State.

https://i.ibb.co/4mfJrF8/Screenshot-20190225-122142.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/4mfJrF8/Screenshot-20190225-122142.png
Well @#$% me.  I might have to snag a lower kit with that gray color brace.  Thanks for sharing. I wasn't paying attention and grabbed gray flip up sights when I meant to get black ones. It always bugs me when I look at it.  I'd also have to get the matching grip and AFG. I actually like the gray against the Tungsten cerakoting. The parts kit and any black furniture I took off this one will come in handy at a later date.

Quoted:

I've got one on my Spike's Honey Badger lower.  I've considered swapping out for an SBA3 but it grew on me so I left it alone.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Picking up my MK18 FDE pistol tomorrow.   My black SBA3 brace will be delivered Monday.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I do for some of my guns.  Got a couple AKs wearing SOB braces.  Those are my 2 go-to braces - SBA3 and SOB.
Maybe the SBA4 will knock them both off the top of my mountain.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I do for some of my guns.  Got a couple AKs wearing SOB braces.  Those are my 2 go-to braces - SBA3 and SOB.
Maybe the SBA4 will knock them both off the top of my mountain.
View Quote
^^^ This ^^^

I'm thinking an A1 style upper and the SBA4 are in my future for a retroish pistol 10.5/11.5 build.  733 style or similar.  We shall see.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Just bought an SBA3, new from Brownells, and it seems to have quite a bit of left-to-right wobble on the buffer tube. More so than what I was expecting for a brace of this price point. It’s not as significant as say.. a Magpul MOE stock’s wobble. I was more hoping for the snug fit of something like the MFT Minimalist stock.

Any input would be appreciated! Can text/e-mail a video of the wobble if anyone would be willing to help me out compared to their SBA3.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m currently still doing some research on braces trying to decide on the right one.

Half of me wants to take the cheaper route but then there’s half of me that wants to get the SBPDW, but the weight on it makes me a bit nervous.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dye?
My point was simply that I didn't think it was done sort of coating.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just bought an SBA3, new from Brownells, and it seems to have quite a bit of left-to-right wobble on the buffer tube. More so than what I was expecting for a brace of this price point. It’s not as significant as say.. a Magpul MOE stock’s wobble. I was more hoping for the snug fit of something like the MFT Minimalist stock.

Any input would be appreciated! Can text/e-mail a video of the wobble if anyone would be willing to help me out compared to their SBA3.

Thanks!
View Quote
That's odd,  moves so snug it's a bit annoying to adjust, but I hardly ever have a need ri adjust it so... I'd rather have this problem than to loose. Maybe call and see if they will exchange it? Brownell's does have a pretty awesome guarantee.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's odd,  moves so snug it's a bit annoying to adjust, but I hardly ever have a need ri adjust it so... I'd rather have this problem than to loose. Maybe call and see if they will exchange it? Brownell's does have a pretty awesome guarantee.
View Quote
I have 5-6 and they're all very snug except for one which is on a Colt tube. It slides easily but isn't sloppy at all.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Brownells wants me to send it back, wait 7-10 days for them to "process," and then they will send me another one back out.

Watching a couple YouTube videos and it seems that the little bit of wobble isn’t unusual for this brace. I’ll wait to hear what SB Tactical themselves has to say but otherwise I’ll just live with it!
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Brownells wants me to send it back, wait 7-10 days for them to "process," and then they will send me another one back out.

Watching a couple YouTube videos and it seems that the little bit of wobble isn’t unusual for this brace. I’ll wait to hear what SB Tactical themselves has to say but otherwise I’ll just live with it!
View Quote
Nate,

Try some shim stock on the buffer tube. Think vinyl wrap. I did this on two of my builds using the SBA3 brace / PWS buffer tubes. The tubes that came with the SBA3's were nice and tight, but I like my PWS fluted tubes.

You won't need much, experiment with a little at a time. You CAN get these to fit as tight as the MFT BMS stocks. Trust me. No need to fart around sending it back..
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nate,

Try some shim stock on the buffer tube. Think vinyl wrap. I did this on two of my builds using the SBA3 brace / PWS buffer tubes. The tubes that came with the SBA3's were nice and tight, but I like my PWS fluted tubes.

You won't need much, experiment with a little at a time. You CAN get these to fit as tight as the MFT BMS stocks. Trust me. No need to fart around sending it back..
View Quote
@MackDaddy1962

Appreciate the reply! That seems like a good option. Sending you an IM now for more details.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@MackDaddy1962

Appreciate the reply! That seems like a good option. Sending you an IM now for more details.
View Quote
@Nate19,

Replied brother. Send me your info, I'll mail ya a section!

Rock on,
Jim
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:52:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just bought two and did not realize they do not come with castle nuts
How freaking annoying that they are not included.

My intent was to use them with LAW TAC side folders and now I just read that is a no no given the combo is longer than the ATF allow/likes/suggests.
View Quote
Lol, ok. The all seeing eye will send the atf to your house the second you put the brace on a folder.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top