Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
300BO updated. Still need to make it to the range.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Not just for ARs...  SBA3 all things...
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Just picked one up.  Have a new Blade and tube sitting on the bench but didn't want to start the build yet because I wasn't sure if I wanted that brace.

So, I hope everyone is right about the A3...
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
i gotta quit reading these forums, costing me too much money
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Just picked up one as well.  Put it on my PSA 10.5" pistol  built and found this SBA3 very comfortable, comparing to the Blade. It looks very good also.  So, to repeat what the OP said- Just do it!
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#6]
PSA- Delta Team Tactical has them for a good price according to their email flyer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PSA- Delta Team Tactical has them for a good price according to their email flyer.
View Quote
One of the IP’s has better shipped price-already checked both.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:19:38 AM EDT
[#8]
How are these legal to shoulder with the brace extended? I've read the letters from ATF, but it appears extended, these are beyond the 13.5" LOP, no?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How are these legal to shoulder with the brace extended? I've read the letters from ATF, but it appears extended, these are beyond the 13.5" LOP, no?
View Quote
SBA3 should NOT be anywhere near 13.5" LOP extended. I know my TailHook Mod 2 isn't..

I'll find out Monday when both of mine arrive (black & FDE.)
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Always used Shockwave till today figured for the kit I would try it .
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

SBA3 should NOT be anywhere near 13.5" LOP extended. I know my TailHook Mod 2 isn't..

I'll find out Monday when both of mine arrive (black & FDE.)
View Quote
Oh ok, had no idea what it would measure out.

I don't have a pistol build. But I did order one of these for a future project
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Here's mine.  First pistol so I don't have any other braces to compare with, but the SBA3 feels every bit as solid as a stock.  Very happy with it.

Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I pulled my Splitfix strap off and tried the the tuck mod with the OEM strap.  I really like the tuck mod much better because it makes the bottom of the stock a lower profile.  It makes transitioning from side to side much smoother when using a sling.  Another advantage is that I think it looks much better too...

Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh ok, had no idea what it would measure out.

I don't have a pistol build. But I did order one of these for a future project
View Quote
No worries brother, I’ll be sure and post results.

Love the pics guys! They all look great. Winner Winner Chicken ?? Dinner!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#16]
@CRracer_712 and all,

Happy to report max LOP is well under 13" with a HiperFire Eclipse flat trigger. This will work out great for me!

Rock on
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#17]
@AKSU

What is the handgaurd on the AR?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@CRracer_712 and all,

Happy to report max LOP is well under 13" with a HiperFire Eclipse flat trigger. This will work out great for me!

Rock on
View Quote
Sounds good!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:19:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I just got this one where I want it. Some still hunting got  me to swap the red dot for the light 1-4x and upgrade the sling. I built this for no particular reason and find myself shooting it more and more.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe a dumb question but I'm new to AR pistols . I recently picked up an AR pistol from the EE and its got a KAK blade on it , can I use this brace on the KAK tube ?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Maybe a dumb question but I'm new to AR pistols . I recently picked up an AR pistol from the EE and its got a KAK blade on it , can I use this brace on the KAK tube ?
View Quote
No you need a mil spec buffer tube for the sba3. It comes with the buffer tube when you buy one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Here's mine.  First pistol so I don't have any other braces to compare with, but the SBA3 feels every bit as solid as a stock.  Very happy with it.

https://i.imgur.com/YaG15sm.jpg
View Quote
Yeah,  butt stroke something and tell me that. It's soft in certain directions and stiff in others. Definitely not a stock, but definitely the most useful brace on the market imo.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah,  butt stroke something and tell me that. It's soft in certain directions and stiff in others. Definitely not a stock, but definitely the most useful brace on the market imo.
View Quote
Haha - this is what I carry when I think something needs butt stroking ... (First Model Long Land Pattern)
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Haha - this is what I carry when I think something needs butt stroking ... (First Model Long Land Pattern)
https://i.imgur.com/suCCqws.jpg
View Quote
That'll work. After an exhaustive search, I can find no mil-spec requirement for the M4 or its cousins addressing butt-stroking. Perhaps the term has different meaning in today's Army.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That'll work. After an exhaustive search, I can find no mil-spec requirement for the M4 or its cousins addressing butt-stroking. Perhaps the term has different meaning in today's Army.
View Quote
Technically a Navy term.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No you need a mil spec buffer tube for the sba3. It comes with the buffer tube when you buy one.
View Quote
Thanks , next dumb question,  will my spring and buffer from the KAK tube work in the mil spec tube ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks , next dumb question,  will my spring and buffer from the KAK tube work in the mil spec tube ?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#28]

My two with SBA3 braces. Waiting for a couple more to be delivered.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Primary Arms has the FDE version on sale for $110 as of today. Limit 3.

Carry on
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Technically a Navy term.
View Quote
Hahahaha
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hey you got the hook ups on 416 parts? Trying to source a couple could you help a brother out?! If an IM would be cool with you?
View Quote
Hey. Just saw this (6 weeks after the fact).  Sorry I didn’t reply earlier.  Feel free to IM, although I don’t really have any insider knowledge on HK parts.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Technically a Navy term.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically a Navy term.
Can confirm.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Anybody seen what the new updated brace looks like? Saw a shot show video saying it would be out next month but k havent seen it
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Anybody seen what the new updated brace looks like? Saw a shot show video saying it would be out next month but k havent seen it
View Quote
Are you talking about the SBA4?

Midway USA
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Huh. Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Damn, and I just ordered an SBA3 that's supposed to be here today...

Looks like another pistol build is in the near future.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Pleased as punch with the SBA3's..

Link Posted: 1/25/2019 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I like them in black and brown, and I saw PSA was selling pistol kits with gray:  https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-12-slant-m-lok-moe-ept-sba3-pistol-kit-gray.html

How do we get them to make OD green?  I would be willing to get a full set in all the tacti-cool colors.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#41]
ODG would be a cool build. Send'm an email!
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I like them in black and brown, and I saw PSA was selling pistol kits with gray:  https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-12-slant-m-lok-moe-ept-sba3-pistol-kit-gray.html

How do we get them to make OD green?  I would be willing to get a full set in all the tacti-cool colors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Best way to get them to at least consider it is to keep contacting them. Call, email, social media, etc, and not just once. do it constantly. Show them that it will make money, and there is a market for it.

ETA: I posted on their Facebook asking about the possibility of OD in the SBA3 and 4, and got
We are looking at that option down the road, but right now we need to focus on keeping up with current orders
So i guess that's not a hard no, just a not right now... lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#43]
SBA4 video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlXGz5AenQw
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
SBA4 video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlXGz5AenQw
View Quote
Love the promo code.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#45]
What a goofus in the video, red plaid shirt.  Smart, just poke the bear, then whine like a school girl when that bear bitch-slaps us all.  Smart, real smart.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#46]
That was my thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Agreed. What the F is wrong with some of these clowns? Really? Damn... not cool at all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

ETA: I posted on their Facebook asking about the possibility of OD in the SBA3 and 4, and got:

We are looking at that option down the road, but right now we need to focus on keeping up with current orders

So i guess that's not a hard no, just a not right now... lol
View Quote
Dog gone it. Maybe MagPul needs to get in the pistol brace world. By God they'll give us ODG & Sniper Gray!
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
@AKSU

View All Quotes
Quoted:
@AKSU

@Overkill777

BCM
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#50]
I have several (well, a few) SBA3s which I really like. Perhaps my mind will be changed when more videos, etc are posted but, at this time, I don't have an attraction to the 4 as compared to the 3. Hopefully, they'll bottom out the prices on the 3 for a short time as they push the 4.
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top